Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #121
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wils View Post
What lovely surprises! Probably being thick but is the 'thing' above a bag?
Glad you asked I was wondering the same thing.

How the other half live. Can't wait to read the next instalment
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #122
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Thats it, now you've made me cry!! what incredible suprises and experiences, I am blown away just reading about it so can't imagine what you must have felt to be there. Hurry up with more!!

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #123
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
They sent home dirty washing???
Yep, they thought if they posted home the goodies we got the kids would go mad waiting for them

Quote:
What lovely surprises! Probably being thick but is the 'thing' above a bag?
It's a fleecy blanket/throw it's lovely and warm

I'm so pleased you're all enjoying my TR

I got some more goodies in the mail today, I posted photos on the UK CB if you're interested. I think this is going to be a superb exciting year
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #124
wils
Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on her desktop !!??
Can't stop reading 'Lost' spoilers

Thank you!

If we're going to nose into your special year we might as well do it properly!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #125
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
If we're going to nose into your special year we might as well do it properly!
Ask away
Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #126
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sunday 7th December

I woke up feeling as though I’d finally gotten a good nights sleep, I switched on the light to check the time and it was 2.30 am So much for a long sleep

Todays plan was for us to meet in the conference room at 8 am for breakfast. We were joined by some people from different Disney websites. Whilst we ate I was interviewed by Deb from allears, someone from Mickey News and errrr someone else (I'd given up on taking notes by this point, there just wasn't the time!!!)

Today we were going to learn how to use the website, before we started though we gave our goodie bags to Laura, Leanne and the team. I think they were very surprised especially as they were so large We all had our own desk with a computer on and also on the desk was a lovely embroidered messenger bag, 2 Moms panel pens and a Moms Panel mouse mat. Also Joanne from Canada had left us each a Canadian flag and pin, which was very sweet of her. I found a seat but once our speaker started talking I realised that I am going deaf, I’ve been disputing the fact with DH for a while, and moved to the front where I could hear!

After about 2 hours a strange man came into our room, he started asking us if we were the Campbell family (or similar) over and over again. When we said we weren’t he wondered whether we wanted to listen to the song he’d written anyway. Well OMG he was fantastic, so funny, the song was all about the Moms Panel and us. We were in stitches and gave him a standing ovation. It turns out he was the famous Guitar Dan and the interesting facts about ourselves that Laura had asked for before our trip were used in his lyrics. Bri from the 2008 panel videoed it and it is under videos on my FB page but I can’t work out how to make it public, sorry!

Well after all the fun we had a small break before lunch, during lunch we had a couple of guest speakers from transport. After another delicious meal we had a presentation from the people in charge of next years “What will you Celebrate”. They showed us lots of the special things planned and the new merchandise. Also some very yummy looking cakes, which we were allowed to sample

At 3.45pm we boarded the bus to Epcot where we were shooting a small video outside of the Seas. As far as I know it will be going on the website once we go live. It took quite a while to shoot as planes kept flying over, monorails went past and people kept being noisy It took me several takes to get my lines right, we had cue cards and although I’d memorised what I had to say I kept looking at the cards and they put me off, I’m so not cut out to be an actress

We had a little bit of free time again so we headed to Soarin but couldn’t get on so I think we rode TT, I was so upset at having to ride again A few of us got the bus back to CSR and had to wait about 20 minutes, where was our private bus when we needed it

There was time for a quick freshen up before boarding the bus again at 7.30pm for dinner!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #127
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

This trip sounds amazing Loving this trip report

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #128
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

What a wonderful insight to your fantastic trip!
I'm loving this trip report
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #129
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

So sorry you had to wait 20mins for your bus

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:34 AM   #130
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you are getting used to the special treatment. How dare they make you wait 20 mins

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #131
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Sounds like you are getting used to the special treatment. How dare they make you wait 20 mins
I know, outrageous
Old 12-20-2008, 06:10 AM   #132
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

This report keeps getting better. Sounds like you had a lot of fun

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #133
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sunday 7th December Continued

Dinner tonight was at Jiko at the AKL, we were shown to our own private room, which was gorgeous. We had a personalised menu and we were being treated to an amazing 8-course menu!!!! I brought the menu home with me so I could share it with you!

Taste of Africa ~ Trio of dips with assorted breads and house-made Naan.

Individual Appetizer Sampler Plate:
Spiced Briouats ~ Pulled Beef rolled in Naan with tomato-date jam.
Curried Samosas ~ Crispy pockets with potato, sweet corn and sweet tamarind dipping sauce.
Duck confit and fig salad with comice pears, black mission figs and goat cheese crouton.

Choice of the following starter:
Barbecue chicken flatbread with grilled onion, apple, African barbecue sauce and four cheeses.
Or
Fire-roasted mussels with lamb merguez, sweet potatoes and spiced tomato broth.

Soup:
Roasted kuri squash soup with spiced yogurt and roasted chestnuts.

Salad:
Tomato cucumber salad with red onions and watermelon vinaigrette.

Intermezzo

Choice of the following main plate:
Wood-fired lamb loin with spiced lentils, baby carrots and lemon-infused demi-glace.
Oak-grilled filet mignon with macaroni & cheese and red wine sauce.
Maize-crusted sturgeon with vegetables of the moment and tomato-butter sauce.
Chermoula tanglewood chicken with goat cheese mashed potatoes, preserved lemons and harissa.

Jiko Dessert Sampler:
A taste of our favorite three desserts… To share.

I so wished I liked spicy food as it all looked so lovely, I did try a little of everything though. For my starter I chose the flatbread but without the apples as I’m allergic and it was very delicious. For my main I chose the Filet, which again was yummy, the mac and cheese was an odd accompaniment though!

In between each course the chef came out to explain what each dish was and we also had our own sommelier. We were also joined by several guests, one who was in charge of Disney Dining and very knowledgeable!

Several hours passed and as 6 of us were being picked up at about 10pm we had our dessert boxed up to go. Because we were headed back to the MK!!!!!

We walked outside to see our carriage waiting, not Cinderellas I’m afraid as it was too far for the horses to go But it was a big car, sorry not sure what type but it did have a nice sign on the side

Laura beside the car!

Katie was waiting to whisk us away to our fairytale abode for the night. During the drive she told us that MK was hosting a MVMCP tonight and we were welcome in the 1.5 hours left to ride some rides. Due to on-stage shows we were informed that once we entered the Castle Suite it was very difficult for us to leave again so we unanimously decided to ride some rides

First stop was Buzz and with our own personal fastpass Katie we were straight on. I scored pretty good and after talking with Katie will definitely be scoring higher next time!

Next stop was Space Mountain and after riding the right side Katie asked us if we’d like to ride the left side straight away to compare, well how could we refuse and we were shooting off through space again. Kay was hilarious on this and made funny errrrr errrr errrrr noises throughout, we were all in hysterics The time was going amazingly quickly and we had time for one ride on the Haunted Mansion before heading to the suite
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #134
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

The food on that menu sounds delicious.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #135
CHEK
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fantastic time