Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #256
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

So I am only a few years late on this but what an amazing experience!! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us!!! Loved the pictures and I am so jealous of your castle stay!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #257
sue_88
DIS veteran

I am a late reader too. What a fun trip!
I just want to say that I have some of those glasses that you used for watching the fireworks. Mine are not MICKEY, however. I have one that is stars and one that is snowmen. I got them at a bookstore several years ago. The MICKEY ones are a good idea!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #258
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
So I am only a few years late on this but what an amazing experience!! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us!!! Loved the pictures and I am so jealous of your castle stay!!!
Thank you so much for reading, it really was an amazing trip. Applications are opening soon for the 2011 panel if youre interested in applying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
I am a late reader too. What a fun trip!
I just want to say that I have some of those glasses that you used for watching the fireworks. Mine are not MICKEY, however. I have one that is stars and one that is snowmen. I got them at a bookstore several years ago. The MICKEY ones are a good idea!
The glasses are awesome aren't they, you should definitely try yours next time you see fireworks Thanks for reading
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #259
FindTheMickeys
Mouseketeer

Jo, stumbled on this TR as I was surfing the DIS and was amazed! Sounds like you had the gift of a lifetime trip with all the behind the scenes tours. Congrats and now I'm off to view the videos...
Old 11-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #260
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Thanks to the above poster I have also just read this incredible report. I hope you enjoyed being on the mom's panel - what a great experience

The chocolate horse and carriage is beautiful - looked too good to eat (well almost!) Certainly a memorable trip when you were treat like a star
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #261
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

This hasn't been bumped in a while but I just had to post how much I loved this Jo. I am curious though about how you felt during the year you were a member. Was it a lot of work? Personally, I don't think I could do the trip like you had because it would devastate my son. Like serious, deep depression would result if I got to go on a trip like this and he didn't. I am so envious of your stay in the castle and would love to find some fireworks glasses with Mickey heads. Do you think they started selling them yet?
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #262
Disneybound!!
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experiences! I think you've even answered one of my Mom's Panel questions before! I really loved your trip report!!

Disneybound!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #263
Debbyt28
Mouseketeer

Very late reading this what a fantastic experience best bit dressing gowns in an empty MK. Sorry Craig and Em your wedding trip has now been gone to no. 2 in my all time favourite trip reports
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #264
jlwatkins
Earning My Ears

Absolutely amazing!
A very late post but have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report.
Thanks for sharing.
jlwatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 AM   #265
bethrushforth
Earning My Ears

Also a very late reader but just had to read it from start to finish! An amazing TR! I'm so jealous you got to do all that! Mom's Panel is awesome!
The chocolate carriage & Mickey firework glasses were amazing!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #266
momof3lovebugs
Mouseketeer

Another very later reader but SOOOO enjoyed this TR! Your details and the pics you took are so expressive of the time you had! I would have been just like you in the Castle! Jumping on beds and taking a bzillion photos! But I would've had the same reaction you did after you had the initial OMGoodness I am in the castle!!! moment and would have thought how much my family would enjoy it too......
I am considering applying this year and am a bit daunted by the 20,000 applicants! I know that everyone here is probably the most devoted Disneyphile in their circle of friends and family-I am! But how did you manage to convey that to the Moms Panel?
Thank you for your report! It was Magical!!
March 2011 CBR!
On deck......Wine and Dine Half trip Nov. 3-13
!!

momof3lovebugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #267
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Love this report! Great job!!!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #268
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I'm so so sorry for the very late replies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindTheMickeys View Post
Jo, stumbled on this TR as I was surfing the DIS and was amazed! Sounds like you had the gift of a lifetime trip with all the behind the scenes tours. Congrats and now I'm off to view the videos...
Thank you so much for reading, glad you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
Thanks to the above poster I have also just read this incredible report. I hope you enjoyed being on the mom's panel - what a great experience

The chocolate horse and carriage is beautiful - looked too good to eat (well almost!) Certainly a memorable trip when you were treat like a star
I had a great time thanks although it was so long ago now I still have very fond memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
This hasn't been bumped in a while but I just had to post how much I loved this Jo. I am curious though about how you felt during the year you were a member. Was it a lot of work? Personally, I don't think I could do the trip like you had because it would devastate my son. Like serious, deep depression would result if I got to go on a trip like this and he didn't. I am so envious of your stay in the castle and would love to find some fireworks glasses with Mickey heads. Do you think they started selling them yet?
Hi Carla I loved my year and really enjoyed helping lots of people, I answered 1,200 questions so hope I helped lots of guests I don't think they ever sold the glasses though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybound!! View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experiences! I think you've even answered one of my Mom's Panel questions before! I really loved your trip report!!
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbyt28 View Post
Very late reading this what a fantastic experience best bit dressing gowns in an empty MK. Sorry Craig and Em your wedding trip has now been gone to no. 2 in my all time favourite trip reports
I love the dressing gown photo, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwatkins View Post
Absolutely amazing!
A very late post but have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethrushforth View Post
Also a very late reader but just had to read it from start to finish! An amazing TR! I'm so jealous you got to do all that! Mom's Panel is awesome!
The chocolate carriage & Mickey firework glasses were amazing!
Thank you, it was definitely a once in a lifetime trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
Another very later reader but SOOOO enjoyed this TR! Your details and the pics you took are so expressive of the time you had! I would have been just like you in the Castle! Jumping on beds and taking a bzillion photos! But I would've had the same reaction you did after you had the initial OMGoodness I am in the castle!!! moment and would have thought how much my family would enjoy it too......
I am considering applying this year and am a bit daunted by the 20,000 applicants! I know that everyone here is probably the most devoted Disneyphile in their circle of friends and family-I am! But how did you manage to convey that to the Moms Panel?
Thank you for your report! It was Magical!!
Sorry for the very late reply, did you ever apply? I think my year was much easier as there wasn't very much social media about and we had no idea what to expect so we all just answered the questions straight from the heart. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
Love this report! Great job!!!
Thanks

Last edited by DisneyJo; 12-29-2013 at 03:49 PM.
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #269
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Jo, what an amazing trip you had. Such a brilliant experience to have had and to be able to tell for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing, some of your pictures were brilliant.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #270
NOKA06
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR!
NOKA06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinderella castle, dream suite, moms panel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: