Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Amuch needed Disney fix - Trip report

Planning to beat the post Florida blues by doing a trip report just hope i have enough fun pictures to make it enjoyable - this is my first try

Dates for this trip Wednesday 25th Sep - Saturday 12th Oct
Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort with QS dining plan and 14 day tickets.

Cast for this trip

Me - mel 34 and i love my Disney holidays, first trip was in 1992 with all the family then didnt go back until 2000 when i got a job at Disneys covent garden store and got 50% off of Disney hotels i no longer work there but the Disney trend had begun and we now try to go back every 1 -2 years.

Ma - aka my mum Linda 59 and loves her Disney trips.

Scott - my brother aka Cheif Bad focus (you will see by some of his pics why he is called this ), 30 and just loves holidays full stop.

First important holiday thing to do was to drop my dog off at the dog boarders on tuesday 24th sep, she is 2 years old and i had never left her before, im a dog walker/pet sitter and she comes everywhere with me even on my house sits so i was so worried as to how she would get on with out me and me without her
Mertha aka Merf the smerf

Travel Day
We live in Kent so its a pretty quick trip to the airport our flight was at 1pm so we left home at 9.15, we checked in online the night before and there was not much of a queue at the airport, we always like to guess the weights of our suitcases and guess whose is going to be the heaviest - sad i know but it keeps us happy actual weights were Mine -13.5 ma's -14.8 scotts 13.8 no idea how we kept them so light!!! but i won with my guestimates.

Breakfast at Frankie & Bennies was our first stop

One of cheif bad focuses shots

You can tell by looking at us that we need this holiday soooo bad we look worn out before we have gone anywhere
Spot of shopping after breakfast, suncream, books and magazines which we would not get round to reading until we got home
Flight took off pretty much on time but they had problems with their ground generater so they had plugged into the airports electric supply but would need to wait for engines to get going fully before we would have lights and entertainment - no big deal, loud banging and rattling on take off not sure what that was ???
I love the ability to pause the films so much better then the old system i managed to watch 3 films.

We landed and the pilot told us there was a BA flight that came in just after ours so he would try to hurry so that we got into the arrivals hall before them so that we would hopefully have shorter queues - it kinda worked we beat the BA plane but was still waiting for 20 - 30mins, we did get a lovely friendly passport checker though which makes a change - he SMILED

On the Magical express at last

Got to the resort at 8pm ish, we had Jamaica block 46 room 4631
even though all the blocks are the same i have to admit Jamaica is my fave as its bright yellow and is a lovely walk over the bridge to Old port royale.
We had ordered from Garden grocer (first time) just water, beer, wine and a couple of snacks,and the bell hops brought our order along with our suitcases, and a roll away bed too.

We got changed into shorts then went over to Port royale for food and to get our cups.

Worn out already

TOMORROW - EPCOT

Last edited by meldobe; 10-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.
meldobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Day 1 - Epcot - 26th Sep, Temp 89

Awake at 7.30, showers etc and Old port royale for breakfast - strawberry parfait for me , cereal for the others, we ate outside and then the rain shower arrived we went in the arcade and shop for 20 mins to let the rain pass before heading to Epcot

Chief bad focus

We picked up a fast pass for Soarin and then into the shops

Soarin time and we got 1st row, i was so happy about that as i hate seeing everyones feet waving about.

The fountain that goes up not down which these two claimed never to have seen before??? think they must have been walking round with their eyes closed on previous trips.

It was lunchtime by now so we got a fast pass for test track and headed into sunshine seasons for lunch

Chicken noodle

Turkey sandwich

Beef and Blue

It was lovely can't remember all the desserts but know i had a strawberry shortcake.

A quick ride on living with the land, i like this ride its simple but for some strange reason i like looking at the growing techniques they use, most i have grown is sweetcorn and tomatoes.

Now for a walk round the world and a look in the shops and of course we had to try on any new hats too, we went clockwise today starting with Mexico and a ride on the Three Cabelleros

Should add at this point that i really hate having my photo taken so have always been the one behind the camera but evryone kept moaning that i wasn't in any pictures so this time around i said i would make an effort to be in the photos more

Pretty hot by now so a quick stop in America for a frozen drink after watching the American Adventure - i thought this show didn't actually teach me anything and i came out rather confused.

Test track time so we headed back that way for our first go on the new version - we thought it was great fun and this was our car

Did the photo options after test track emailing the results to friends, then decided to head back to the resort to chill.

TOMORROW - Hollywood Studios

Last edited by meldobe; 10-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
meldobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Day 2 - Hollywood Studios - 27th Sep - Temp 89

Got to the bus stop and first one to arrive was Hollywood studios - perfect start to a great day.

First stop to pick up a fast pass for Toy Story Midway Mania of course then on to The Great Movie Ride we got the gangster version, my mum loves this ride.

Round to Muppets and onto Star Tours.

Lunch at ABC commisionary, Burgers with a seasonal cupcake for dessert and strawberry parfait - wow that is alot of food.

We queued for Backlot Tours and one of the cast members was walking the line stopped at us and said he was looking for two ladies to take part in the show - we have seen this show so many times before but never been picked and had it been on a previous holiday i would have said no but this was a holiday of firsts so we said YES !!!!

I was to be the engineer, Ma was the captain and a lovely scottish lady called Rosanna was to be a deck hand.

Chief bad focus took the pictures and they were not too bad for him it was great fun and if you ever get the chance to do it go for it - just one thing though the boots are huge you wear your own shoes inside the boots! and those suits are not fully waterproof i had a rather wet bum afterwards.

Continued on next post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Tony Bush
Mouseketeer

Following along ! - although some of your pics seems to be missing

Tony Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Loving the step-by-step pictures on Backlot Tour! Awesome! X

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Day 2 Continued
After getting wet we continued on the tour - i like the ride but am always dissapointed at the lack of props, im sure there used to be things like houses etc.
We didn't get an award for our acting but thought we should should pose with some oscars anyway

No monsters at Monsters university unless you count these two!!!

We went in to see the pirates exhibition - we were pleasently surprised and actually enjoyed the little show, we had seen the narnia one before and were not keen on it.
Toy story fast pass time

Great ride we all love it, i won with 136,000, next up RnR and then on to ToT

Had a look in some shops and took some pictures along the way

We could see a likeness here and my ever obliging mum happily posed for a pic

Back to the resort at about 9pm, time for a snack from old port royale, a couple of drinks from the pool bar couple of games of cards then off to bed.

TOMORROW - Downtown Disney and Boma
Old 10-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bush View Post
Following along ! - although some of your pics seems to be missing
Darn it - my first time doing a trip report so no doubt i have messed up somewhere , i can see all the pics - are there lots missing?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Loving the step-by-step pictures on Backlot Tour! Awesome! X
Thanks we really did enjoy it and would do it again.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

I've got loads of pics missing, but I am enjoying the trippie anyway! Keep it coming!

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Worked it out i accidently deleted the pics from photobucket so hopefully having re added them they will magically reappear here
Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR Cant wait to read more!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
meldobe
Mouseketeer

DAY 3 -Downtown Disney and Boma - 28th Sep - Temp 89

We usually avoid the parks at weekends if we can help it except for maybe popping in for meal or to go on one thing otherwise its too busy for us.

We had Boma booked for 7.35 tonight so decided on a lazy day of shopping in DTD, arrived at bus stop just as a DTD bus pulled in perfect timing,

Got to DTD at 11ish had a bit of a wander to see what was new and also my 6 year old nephew had asked for a red mickey tshirt with his name on it so we popped into the tshirt shop to see what we could make for him.

Lunch was at Wolfgang pucks ( you will soon notice that we go here every time we are in DTD ) We had a pizza each although none of us managed to finish them, i only have pictures of the pizzas when we are finished as Ma and Scott did not really understand the need for food pictures even when i said it was for people to drool over!!
I had the four cheese, Scott Pepperoni, Ma barbecued chicken and Fro-yo's for desert.

While we were in Wolfgangs a lady approached our table and asked us if we would like 4 fast passes for Magic Kingdom they were valid until Monday (the day we were planning to visit MK) and could be used on any ride, really nice of her and of course we said yes straight away.

Carried on looking in the shops, into the christmas shop where i picked out a stich tree ornament and had it personalised with Merfs name and the year - on my tree i have baubles for each of my pets over the last few years - crazy and a little bit wierd probably!! My mum always has one made for my nephew each year since before he was born to go on her tree - first one says "under construction 2006" on one side then "Completed 2007" she wanted to do the same for our niece born last year but disney has changed their personalisation service and you are only allowed names and dates now was really dissapointed with that.

Still it didn't get Ma down as you can see

You can see by my face i was saying to Scott "do we relly have to hold all of this!"

Honestly we do take normal photos too

In the Lego store

Set the camera on timer for this one and placed it on a bollard

Back to the resort to chill for a while before getting ready for Boma, we decided to get a bus to either Epcot or Animal Kingdom and then change buses for Animal Kingdom Lodge

Its changed since 2 1/2 years ago though and after getting on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus we got off too soon at Kidani Village after asking inside we were told we could get a resort shuttle to take us to the lodge and Boma - found out after that we could have walked which would have been nice but anyway off to see the animals first.

Inside which is so relaxing

In the shop (before they had a drink would you believe)

Food was lovely as always although i keep forgetting i really don't like boboti evry time i get it thinking it looks nice until i taste it Bluergh! Dessert selection is fabulous in fact i could probably skip dinner and just have humous then deserts! Apologies for the lack of food pictures, bill came to $133 + 22.49 tip for the three of us, off home with full bellys and smiles on our faces - we got a taxi back to resort.

TOMORROW -Resort + Epcot
Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
meldobe
Mouseketeer

Day 4 - Resort + Epcot - 29th Sep - Temp 89

Decided to hace a quiet day at the resort today and head out to Epcot later on.

Got up and had a lovely wander around the resort looking at all the beaches and just enjoying the sunshine.

Set my camera on timer for the shots with us all in - not sure why but i always feel like i need to be changing poses for each shot on the timer which is usually 3 -5 so please excuse any odd poses as they were probably in a sequence of shots but don't want to bore everyone too much prefer everyone to just think we have a screw loose or something

Lunch in the resort we had Jerk chicken sandwhich, Fish sandwhich and Chicken nuggets - not sure Ma has enough sauces for hers though

Then we walked back to room to get changed and sit by the pool then in for a swim.

No Ma's were hurt in the taking of this photo!!!

After a swim back to room then off to Epcot at 4pm nice empty bus stop which gave us too much time to mess around

Continued on next post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
meldobe
Mouseketeer

No plans to do any rides at Epcot today so headed to the Uk for a drink

Then for a look around, we also went on the Norway ride and got a couple of tasters from the F&W stalls.

Before we knew it it was time for illuminations so we found a bin to put the camera on and then just enjoyed the show

Back to the resort for a drink at the pool bar and a game of cards.

TOMORROW - Magic Kingdom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: