Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #91
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK View Post
Your trip report gets more and more entertaining with each installment...thanks for keeping us in fantasyland!

I must say that I adore the pics of your kids lying on the floor next to the logo. I wish I had done that beginning with our first Disney Cruise...oh well..maybe I will start with our next cruise which is less than a month away and I can not wait! Granted its only the 3 nighter but its Disney!
Of all the Disney cruises we have taken I do not remember doing the Studio Sea...we will this time, sounds like a blast!

Keep it coming! Feb. school vacation is only a few weeks away and you did promise to finish this TR before you start the next one!
to be honest, the picture thing was just a fluke...but I'm glad we did it. it's cool to look back, and of course to force you guys to look back with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogopossum View Post
i can't remember if the hand washing thing started by our second cruise or third one. but they had a bad experience with norwalk virus back around the turn of the century, and since then they have been very aggressive about handwashing. although it didn't seem to help me this trip (shameless plug for my trip report).

this was our third trip to cozumel on the magic, (first on purpose) so we didn't really have anything that we just had to do there either. good thing since i couldn't leave the room, much less the ship. if we had the money and late dinner, i would have considered the fury catamaran. we did that excursion our first time to cozumel and it is one of our favorite excursions of all time.

as to movie scheduling. we are right there with you. i seem to remember that there used to be more showings throughout the day. dw was excited to see that swing vote was showing, until she saw that we wouldn't be able to see it without missing something.
oh no! I'll have to go visit your report to find out what happened. Sounds like what DW had hit us on our first Disney Cruise. Luckily those memories go away eventually! I really hope they fix the movie thing...I wonder if they say to themselves "no one seems to come to these movies" without realizing that the reason is they don't schedule well! Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I agree with the hand washing thing being a good thing. But for me, by the last day of our cruise my hands were so dry, and yes I was putting on lotion, they were bleeding. Ouch! But, we were healthy and no one was sick!

Your boys are so photogenic. I just love your photos. Can't wait for the next installment!
I didn't have my hands dry out...maybe I wasn't scrubbing as much as I could have! I'll have to work on that the next time we go! thanks for the comments about our boys. they are good kids and have learned (except for the formal night incident) that it is better to just smile and get it over with than to fight it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
Hey Zell family!
Howdy from the frozen tundra known commonly as Illinois. Keep it coming!

Lisa Marie
Our tundra is pretty frozen as well! but we had our first official ice dam which caused water to leak from our roof. Never had that. and naturally it was while I was travelling. Not much we can do but have someone clear the roof off and look at it again once everything melts. Yuck! Anyway, Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat08 View Post
Hello! Awesome trip report, I feel like I'm right there with you guys. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
Thank you, thank you, and welcome to our adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK View Post
Oh how I can relate to the pool and the waves! Last year while on the Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas my DH and I decided to lounge at the pool area. But I decided to sit on the edge of the teak sitting area and just dip my feet for a while and like an idiot I stood up to turn around and the ship rocked abit and I slipped and found myself flat on my back in the water at the edge of the pool. In front of about 100 people!! How embarrasing. My DH told me that in a flash I was gone...he jumped up so quick not knowing what had happened..I was bruised but okay...That was enough for me, I was done with the pool and we went to the spa instead and sat in the rainforest room for about an hour heating up my bruised areas!
LOL! I can only imagine. That's something I could very much see happening to me...love those embarrasing moments. Take solace in the fact that most people (other than me because I clearly just did) won't laugh at you, but would be more concerned that you are ok. That can be painful. Luckily the spa was there to take care of your bumps and bruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandieT View Post
Can't wait to read more!
Yeah, sorry. traveling. I even brought the all famous journal with me so I really don't have any excuse at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
So I have to tell you that DS12 and I were picked to be the Purple Plutos for the Saturday night episode of Mickey Mania, and we won, too! How cool is that?!

Love the pizza tip- I like crispier pizza than what Pinocchio's serves, so I'll have to remember to ask them to cook it a bit longer for me.

Keep up the great report!
No way! so cool! Go DIS! see, we are all so darn smart that we can win those things all day long! Hopefully you had an audience member giving you points as well!

Thanks for the comments everyone, I do appreciate it. I'm sorry that I was away for so long! No excuse...but on with the story!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #92
DisneyZell

Chapter 9: Grand Cayman....or was it?

Ah, similar title, but a whole other day. It was Christmas Eve Day, December 24th, 2008. Today's destination for the Magic was Grand Cayman. Again, since we had done everything at Grand Cayman (Hell, Turtle Farm and 7 mile beach), so we figured we didn't need to get off. I do recommend doing those things at least once if you have not done so. How often can you say you've been to Hell and Back, and really mean it? Hamm? And you can launch witty comments at your table mates the night before like "if you don't stop talking like that, you are going to Hell tomorrow!" (yeah, I actually said this. It freaked out DNS11 when I did. Of course he wasn't 11 back then!). We did ponder for a time getting off and hitting the rum cake and an ice cream place that we had heard good things about....but...well, it just didn't happen!

We hit topsiders for breakfast, and by now you know what that means. Yup, bowl full of syrup and bacon for me. yum! Yes, I gained weight on the cruise. No, I still haven't gotten rid of it. I can't say the breakfast at topsiders was unbelievable, but it is pretty good. I would have liked, at some point, to try an omelet, but the wait was always forever and a day (well, ok, 20 minutes), and we were generally in and out of there in less time than it would take to get one. So no omelet for me again.

Next up was a family craft. These were pretty cool, and free (well, ok most stuff is free on the ship). We really liked the guy who ran these events and got some good inside scoop on what happened on board the ship. Naturally I can't remember his name and DW didn't write it in her journal (so it's really her fault). But we did get an interesting lesson in level of the crew. The cruise staff were considered officers. Because they were officers, they were able to use the adult pool when they wanted to do so (and of course not in uniform). He said that he doesn't usually do it because he will get recognized, and that's not always fun. But he will get to the hot tub from time to time, usually when it is slow. I can certainly understand not wanting to have to talk to prying guests...uh...kind of like he was every time we did a family craft.

Today's craft was door knob hangers. So we got a whole bunch of foam things to decorate the door hangers. The thing that was disappointing about this was that they weren't holiday themed. Now, I realize they probably have just big boxes of the stuff around so they pull it out. But we WERE on the holiday cruise, and Disney is generally very good at matching stuff like that up. But not in that case. All-in-all it was ok. I wouldn't say it was a huge highlight of the cruise, but since not many people do it, you can talk the ear off of the cast member if that interests you...and they have to stand there and talk to you!

Next it was up to the pool. We got into port around 11:30 (late because of a storm we sailed through). But the ship was not nearly as empty as Cozumel...not sure why. You did have to tender...so maybe more people decided not to get off. But we did have a lot more people around us unfortunately, but we were still determined to make the best of it...and any decrease in people makes more room for us on the chairs!

Speaking of which, I've read horror stories about people saving chairs, etc in various posts and TR's. We were lucky, I guess, in that we didn't bump into this at all on this trip. So either everyone was very conscientious or I just wasn't paying much attention to it. Either is a strong possibility. But we did spend a lot of time around the pool, so I think I would have noticed.

Lunchtime was around the pool. guess where I went? Yup, time for the pizza dude. Slide some slices in that oven my friend...make 'em crispy! Pepperoni was my favorite. but it is always my favorite. I'm boring that way. I will put up with cheese if I have to, and naturally I can add things to my pepperoni, but it still isn't my favorite. Veggie you say? Veggie Pizza? That's not pizza. Sorry, pizza must have either some sort of meat or nothing. DW disagrees. But I'm not there to eat veggies unless they are nicely mixed with my pepperoni. by the way, I can eat pepperoni pizza every night for dinner if given the opportunity. but I digress (sorry, I can't promise that I will stay on task).

Connor went to his club just after noon for Ratatouille Cooking School. they were going to make chocolate chip cookies. Did I tell you that Connor loves chocolate. So this was a no-brainer. When it was over I went to pick him up. Needless to say he wasn't impressed. Overall the clubs were a bust for us on this trip. Not sure how I feel about that, as our kids are old enough that they don't need constant attention, can all swim, so they can be in the pool without me, so if I need a break I can take it. Or I can jump in the pool with them.

I believe this was the day (yeah, no reference in the all-mighty journal, so this memory is all mine believe it or not) that I was in the goofy pool and we started playing water football with a beach ball. I think we had 4 other kids with our 4, and of course me. I had two little kids (Connor and some other kid whom I didn't know and didn't know where his parents were) hanging on me from end to end. Great workout by the way. Basically you had to dunk the kids in the pool to "tackle" them. We played this for quite some time, and it was a lot of fun. I liked it so much that when we were at our gym's pool at home we played it as well. Pretty funny stuff. Especially when I make up rules which drive my 10 year old nuts. Did I mention that DS10 is a tad bit competitive? I had to remind him several times that this was Water Football. Not the super bowl.

Some pictures:

DS10 in the Goofy pool

DS6 spent more time in the hot tub than anywhere else. A boy after my own heart.

Yeah, I think they are cute. But I'm supposed to.

and me! this must have been one of the few moments that I didn't have a pizza slice in my hand.

Yup. same kids.

DND8 jumping in. is that allowed?? Don't tell the Disney police!

And the slide....this is Kathryn.

and Connor

Last edited by DisneyZell; 02-11-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: DH keeps spelling DND8 wrong!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #93
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

i soooo want to go down that slide.

you think anyone would mind if i went down while we were docked in nassau and everyone was off the ship?
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #94
DisneyZell

Chapter 9: part 2

Then it was time for the Deck the Deck party. This one wasn't that great in my opinion. It really felt like it was a party because they felt like they had to have a party. That didn't make it incredible for me. Maybe I'm a bit cynical...I know I didn't spell that word right...hopefully spell check will catch it! The kids danced with the characters, but Connor wanted to be up on stage and he couldn't sneak up there. So that was a disappointment for him...which if you remember that he is drama boy...was borderline on crocodile tears. but he managed to get through it.

Dinner this night was the French dinner in Lumierres. That means, to me, that it's time to eat Escargot! I love Escargot, my mom used to make it once a year on her birthday (no, I have no idea why my dad wouldn't make it except that doesn't surprise me much), so I had been eating it most of my life. I really, really like to dip the bread in the butter afterword. Unfortunately the Disney garlic butter isn't the best in the world, but the snails are tasty. DS10 had the Escargot as well...so I was pretty proud of him.

DW and DNW hang out at dinner

Dinner service was again the same. SLOW. But we expected that by this point. Apparently the night before the service was very good (this was the night we skipped to go see Bolt). Naturally they kick up the service a notch when we aren't around. I think in the end I determined that our server just did not like me!

At some point I either went to the bathroom or took Connor to the bathroom (yeah, my 6 year old loves to go to the bathroom. There is no convenient bathroom to Lumierre's), and noticed big stacks of cookies and a big tub full of ice and milk. On the way to the bathroom I just thought it interesting, but on the way back it dawned on me why they had that. Disney thinks of everything and even had the milk and cookies for Santa! How cool is that? Again, not a huge deal, but it was yet another example of the little things that Disney does so well. Maybe all the other cruise lines in the world do the same thing...but it was very cool.

We weren't going to Twice Charmed (that night's show), and of course there was no movie for us to go see, so we did the character picture thing...and got quite a few:

Us with Minnie

Nick and Connor with Pluto

Connor gets a hug from his favorite. All the characters got a kick of out seeing the shirts that we had made, and of course Stitch was no different. They do a great job of pointing and making a big deal out of those things which is pretty cool.

After the hug...

Later that night we decided to hit yet another game show, this one called A Pirate's Life for Me. In this one, the audience was split into two teams. From each team they picked a Captain and a first mate. The first mate would run to the team and get answers to the questions, and then would run back and tell it to the captain who would ring a bell and answer the question. if they got it right they got a gold coin in a box.

DS6 got picked to be the captain and he was so excited. Connor is the Captain

Connor gives his answer

At the end of that round they lined all the kids up to toss coins into the boxes and at the end they counted to see which team won. Ours managed to squeeze out a win, mainly because our CM cheated. but that's all good! Connor got a button for being the Captain. Our loot continued to grow!

After that it was back to the room for the kids so the adults to go to the show. It worked out so well to be able to put the kids in the room and have them hang out. It was nice as it would have been stressful to have to force them into the clubs where they so clearly did not want to be.

That night was David Morgan. I'm just not sure what this guy did (you guessed it, nothing in the journal). I think he might have done a show with a puppet which was very funny. Come on guys, refresh my memory and when I respond I'll tell you about it. Don't want to talk all about it and have it be the wrong night

Back to the room for us...time to prepare for the next day...milk and cookies out, and of course reindeer food out on the balcony. Need to attract Santa!

DS10 puts out reindeer food

Our job is done here. what reindeer wouldn't want to come visit us?

Well, that's it for now...thanks for putting up with my long delay on this one, hope you enjoyed this episode.

next up: Chapter 10: How do you fool two kids who are sleeping 2 feet from you?

Now, go make someone's day!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #95
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
i soooo want to go down that slide.

you think anyone would mind if i went down while we were docked in nassau and everyone was off the ship?
Wow, you are quick and jumped in right between my postings. I agree, I'd love to hit the slide, and wish they would let us do that. Maybe on the new ships??? Thanks for reading!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #96
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

just happened to click in - perfect timing

looks like you guys had a blast

i'm enjoying the read
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #97
pogopossum
DIS Veteran

i've seen the new carnival commercial with an adult slide on it, so hopefully the new ships will be equipped for us big kids, as well.

david morgan had the yellow monkey puppet, from what i remenber from the show friday night. ds and i enjoyed what he did, but dw and dfil weren't amused.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #98
BearFan
It's time to do the Bear Cha Cha Cha!

Hey there!
Sorry to hear about the ice dam. Hope things are better now. It was 60 here yesterday and we're supposed to get 2 inches of rain today, yippee! It's a sure sign that spring is coming soon when the yard floods!! We caught Dave Morgan's family show that night. It was our first time seeing him and we were really looking forward to seeing someone new but we didn't find him very funny at all. He may have been stellar in the adult show but we skipped that one. We couldn't imagine him doing a total change though. Anyway, we had to sneak around that night and stuff Fish Extenders with CDs. That was much more fun, helping Santa out!
Keep up the good work and Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Lisa Marie

Bear down, Chicago Bears.......
BearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #99
DisneyZell

Just realized I didn't update the title on this whole thing...I DID finally add a chapter.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #100
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

I can't wait to hear all abut your Christmas Day on the Magic!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #101
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

I think the idea of staying on the ship when you're in a port you've visited before is a great idea. I think we'd do that if we went back to St. Thomas (unless we had a great excursion planned. Sounds like a blast in the pool, and on your cruise in general. Can't wait to hear about Santa's visit.

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #102
pogopossum
DIS Veteran

i think that the only port that we've been to so far that i wouldn't go ashore again would be nassau. our morning at the beach and atlantis was underwhelming at best, and we weren't enamoured of the straw market either. one of the other guys on board called it the mexican bordertown of the caribbean, very apt.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #103
DisneyZell

Quote:
i've seen the new carnival commercial with an adult slide on it, so hopefully the new ships will be equipped for us big kids, as well.

david morgan had the yellow monkey puppet, from what i remenber from the show friday night. ds and i enjoyed what he did, but dw and dfil weren't amused.

yeah, I hope they do come equiped for the big kids. it's time to realize that not just the kids like being kids!

Ah yeah, the monkey puppet. I think I was more entertained by that than DW was, but we thorugh it was pretty funny. You definately have to let yourself go on that one...not high brow humor, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
Hey there!
Sorry to hear about the ice dam. Hope things are better now. It was 60 here yesterday and we're supposed to get 2 inches of rain today, yippee! It's a sure sign that spring is coming soon when the yard floods!! We caught Dave Morgan's family show that night. It was our first time seeing him and we were really looking forward to seeing someone new but we didn't find him very funny at all. He may have been stellar in the adult show but we skipped that one. We couldn't imagine him doing a total change though. Anyway, we had to sneak around that night and stuff Fish Extenders with CDs. That was much more fun, helping Santa out!
Keep up the good work and Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Lisa Marie
Yup, the warm weather was actually what caused the issue. Had a roof guy out who cleared the snow off the roof and burned some paths in the ice for the water to flow while it melts. It has not repeated itself, so once the roof is clear we will have someone look at it and see if we need repair or if it took care of itself. That plus a little paint and we were really lucky!

Funny, maybe I was the only guy that thought the puppet was funny. But you can ask DW, I am VERY easily amused.

thanks for the note!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
I can't wait to hear all abut your Christmas Day on the Magic!
and I can't wait to tell you about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurOhana View Post
I think the idea of staying on the ship when you're in a port you've visited before is a great idea. I think we'd do that if we went back to St. Thomas (unless we had a great excursion planned. Sounds like a blast in the pool, and on your cruise in general. Can't wait to hear about Santa's visit.
I highly recommend it obviously!

Quote:
i think that the only port that we've been to so far that i wouldn't go ashore again would be nassau. our morning at the beach and atlantis was underwhelming at best, and we weren't enamoured of the straw market either. one of the other guys on board called it the mexican bordertown of the caribbean, very apt.
That sucks. nothing worse than getting off and not having a good time!

thanks everyone for your time and reading, I'll try to update another chapter in the next day or so!

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #104
DisneyZell

Chapter 10: Christmas Day!

So at some point during the night Santa came calling on our little cabin. Now, I'm sure that Santa was actually quite pleased with the Magic, all those people very close together in one place (albeit travelling on the ocean). He managed to get in, leave a couple of presents, eat the cookies and drink the milk, all without knocking over our little tree (which had a tendency to fall over), or waking any of us up. If you were not a believer in the magic of Christmas before this, you surely were now!

We woke up around 8, and naturally the first and most important thing was to check out the presents. Both boys got a video MP3 player for Christmas. They were all pre-loaded with music, and even had the highlight video for each kid from football season. Santa is very good. Santa also left a picture of all the presents that were left at home...apparently he felt that there was no way all the loot could fit in our stateroom, and for that I am eternally grateful!

Nick and Connor by the tree

We all got dressed and decided to go take pictures with Santa who, apparently, had finished his rounds of the earth and still had the energy to take pictures with kids onboard. This man is amazing, and has now become my hero. I can't walk around the block and still have energy for my kids.

Nick and Connor with Santa on the Magic!

Disney had some neat stuff that morning. Each kid got a Pixar calendar as a present (I know, it's not huge, but they don't HAVE to give anything, so I thought that was pretty cool), and they had these nice cookies and various other things you could grab to eat. Actually the cookies were not very good. oh well, what can you do??? They also had face painting (or in our case arm painting and both kids got...what else? a santa Mickey.

Connor on Christmas Day

Nick on Christmas day

and in case you didn't get it...both of them!

After that we headed over to do sit-down breakfast in Parrot Cay. Well, actually it was sort of a hybrid sit down/buffet. It was ok.

When we finished breakfast we needed some pictures with holiday characters...

Pluto...although now looking at it, I don't see what is holiday about him.

Nick and Connor give Mickey a hug. I love this picture, it's a bit washed out because it was a white background, but it's pretty neat.

Nick and Connor with Mickey. Note that they are not wearing their Santa hats. Do you recall me mentioning that earlier? No? then go back and read from the beginning because it's there. go ahead. I'll wait. Why are you still here? Go read!

OK, when we walked up to take a picture the CM conferred with Mickey and determined that they could not wear the Santa hats because they had the Patriots logo on them. Conflict of interest or something. Pretty funny. We didn't care, of course...but I still thought it was funny. Especially if you go back to earlier in my trip report (you never went, did you??), and see that in the terminal all of the kids are with Mickey, and they all have their Patriots Santa hats on. oh well...Mickey apparently isn't as consistent and Santa is!

The kids and Goofy
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #105
DisneyZell

Chapter 10: part 2

Next we headed to the next game-show..."So you think you know your family". With the luck we were having we figured we might get picked again. They gave everyone raffle tickets and drew for the 4 spots. We were picked 3rd...and it was my turn to participate with Nick. So we headed up there. Now, this was the type of show where they send off your child, ask you questions, and then bring them back and ask them the same questions. If you match you get points. I hate these types of things because I always feel like I'm put on the spot which makes me very uncomfortable. But what can you do? Naturally I want to win!

Nick and I waiting for our questions

The kids got sent away first and we got to get the questions. The first one was "Who is your child's favorite Disney Character". Well, come on now...that's easy if you are psychotic Disney fans like us. Especially when we have shirts with their characters. I boldly answer "Chip and Dale". the host does a little bit of a double take...asks if I want to pick one. I say nope...no way, it's chip and Dale.

Question #2: "What is your child's favorite desert". This one was tougher. So many things to choose from. I pick one..."Ice Cream!". oh no, that's not good enough, what KIND of ice cream? Crap. That's not going to end well and I knew it. I froze, I mumbled...I fretted (not sure what that means), and finally picked cookie dough. I knew I was doomed.

Question #3: "Who is your child's best friend?" ah ha! another easy one for me! We were on the cruise with our neighbors...and our neighbors happen to include...Nick's best friend Chris! Easy. I answer and move on. I'm feeling pretty good about this time.

They brought the kids back and asked them the same questions. Question #1: Nick's answer: Chip and Dale! Woohoo! we were one for one..but so were some others.

Question #2: Nick's answer: Ice Cream! yup, he answered EXACTLY how I did! Did the force him to be specific too? yes. Strawberry. *GROAN*. I KNEW that answer...what the heck was I thinking????

Question #3: Nick's answer: Chris! woohoo! back in the game! 2 for 3 and tied for first. I was really quite proud. One other others missed the best friend question because the kid had two..he picked one...and the wrong one. ouch!

Now it was my turn to leave. they made us go down the hall and up a level and wait. and wait. and wait. Now, the longer I wait the more nervous I become. Who knows what they are asking these kids? we have no idea what we are in store for. Scary stuff. Finally she comes back and gets us. I obviously cannot relay what Nick did when they asked.

Nick gets quizzed while I am gone

Question 1: How old is your dad? Now, everyone was stressing that it's what NICK would answer, not necessarily the right answer. Since they kept saying this over and over, I clued in to the fact that most likely he did not answer correctly. I am very quick that way. So I knew I had to guess and threw out 36. I'm a touch older than that. His guess? 36! woohoo! we were 1 out of 1. Impressive since it was wrong.

Question 2:What is your dad's middle name? No hints that this was a problem...and my middle name is after my maternal grandfather who didn't have any sons...and it is also Connor's middle name. I answered McNeill and we scored point #2 in that round! woohoo!

Question 3:Who is the boss in your family. Ok, come on. Here is the example of the question you don't want to be asked. Fortunately it was easy. DW is definitely the boss. She runs the house, I make the money. Sounds like a good deal to me...and score one more for the good guys!

Question 4: yes, they gave me one more to answer than Nick. That's just not fair! Who in your family annoys you the most. Naturally I don't like this question, but it was an easy answer. Connor. I love him to death, but his bursting into tears drives me insane! Score another one...and even Connor was all smiles. We had gotten all the point we could and they were now tabulating. By my calculation we had tied with another team...and I was shocked when they awarded us the winners! We got baseball hats (with "Winner" across the front and Disney Cruise lines along the edge of the brim. Seriously, who would ever wear a hat that says "winner" on it. Well ok, Nick would. ), and two insulated DCL mugs. Those were very cool, and the two things were pretty cool! I was just happy that I guessed right on the age thing.

Nick and I while we answer questions

We dashed upstairs and grabbed some food so that we could go to the premier of Bedtime Stories. It was cool that they had a movie onboard that was premiering in the theaters on that same day. So score one for the movies even though it annoys me that they don't offer more throughout the day.

We all thought the movie was hilarious...and if you haven't seen it, go rent it when it comes out. You will not be disappointed!

Now it was time to build gingerbread houses! we had gotten tickets and headed up. We were a bit late because of the movie...but what can you do? We wandered off to a table and dug in. we had missed most of the instructions so we were on our own. Luckily we are pretty darn smart and were able to figure it out. I thought the spice drops were delicious and could have just eaten those and forgotten about the house.

Nick Decorates...

Connor Decorates...

and we all pose around the finished house. It was a fine one. any self-respecting gingerbread man would be happy to live there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: