Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Santa Got Me a DISboarder Weekend to the Mouse!

I'm Back!!!

In case you are a new reader HI I'm Kristine. I'll be 32 next month. I'm a mommy and a social worker from Boston. I am also married to a man who humors me and has gone to Disney yearly for the past 5 years.

If you would like to know more about my family and our Disney Adventures, check out my last reports

The Smith's YES we are going to Disney AGAIN PTR!

Does the Pixie Dust Count if You Don't KNOW about it?

Since some of my loyal readers from my last PTR and TR have requested it (you know who you are ) I have started a PTR for my next adventure with the Mouse. And adventure may be an understatement. I am going to Disney SOLO (that's right...no hubby or DD this time!). But I'm not staying solo when I get there. I am meeting up with the infamous Disboutiquers...if you don't know who we are- check out the Disney for Families Board. I really don't recall who came up with the amazing plan for us all to meet up in February but whoever did was a genius!

My original plan was to go with my DH's cousin but she was unable to go. I then contemplated going solo completely but the practical side of me said- save your money, this is silly. Then the impractical side of me (DH ) said: how about I buy you the trip as a Christmas/Birthday gift. Um okay!!!

So I am now going to Disney on Santa's dime ; without knowing a soul IRL; and I couldn't be more excited!

So here is the plan: On Friday February 6th, I am flying down at the crack of dawn (need to be at the airport at 4am!!!). I'm staying 3 nights at POP Century which I got for a fabulous AP rate of $64/night including taxes. I will be sharing a room with DISer SoHappy (Stacy). Try explaining to CRO how you are going to Disney "with friends" and then explain why one of your flights is from Boston and the other is from Arkansas!!!

This is the first Disney trip that I haven't planned excessively for a year. I also don't need to sew anything this time. I do have to figure out how to squeeze 4 parks and a meet in 3 days! I also have to figure out WHAT I'm going to wear. I've never been to Disney in the Winter.

The other thing I have to figure out is a good cover story for WHERE I am going. Disney mailed some stuff the other day (park maps and such) and DD immediately knew that the envelope was from Disney AND that meant that we were going soon. I pretended to throw the stuff away, saying it was an advertisement. So poor DD will be getting no souvies from this trip. She would be heart-broken if she knew where I was going....which makes me a little sad for lying.

Anyway, if you are feeling a little bored...make sure to check in and read my planning adventures!!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 12-08-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here!!

I am so glad that you have started a PTR.

Too bad you have to lie to DD but she would be heart broken, I understand. You can buy me souvenirs instead if you want.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here! I'm here!!

I am so glad that you have started a PTR.

Too bad you have to lie to DD but she would be heart broken, I understand. You can buy me souvenirs instead if you want.
Yay! I can start my first list:

Things To Buy:

Souvies for LL!!!

Don't worry, I will take pics of every lamp I see. I'll be able to do that because I won't need to put up with DH saying "what are you taking a pic of that for????"

Thanks for being my first reader!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm subbing. I spent most of the day (at work..shh!) reading your latest trip report. I must say, such a beautiful daughter! And did you design all her dresses?! If so, you are so talented! Looking forward to your PTR!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Hi! I'm subbing. I spent most of the day (at work..shh!) reading your latest trip report. I must say, such a beautiful daughter! And did you design all her dresses?! If so, you are so talented! Looking forward to your PTR!

Don't worry...I won't tell...I wrote most of it at work

Thank you for the compliments (and for reading!). I made some of her dresses. The two best ones...Cinderella outfit for 1900 PF and the Ariel dress that she was wearing at DHS, I did not make. Those are the work of two of the ladies over on the Disboutique thread. I'm a newbie sewer and was definately not up to the level to make those!

OMG! I just realized that you are leaving in a week! Are you dying of excitment???
Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm here too!

I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I'm here too!

I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
Thank you! Don't forget to keep me posted about the dates for my 2010 trip with the Diamonds
Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post

Don't worry...I won't tell...I wrote most of it at work

Thank you for the compliments (and for reading!). I made some of her dresses. The two best ones...Cinderella outfit for 1900 PF and the Ariel dress that she was wearing at DHS, I did not make. Those are the work of two of the ladies over on the Disboutique thread. I'm a newbie sewer and was definately not up to the level to make those!

OMG! I just realized that you are leaving in a week! Are you dying of excitment???
Well... at least we're all consistent! You definitely do not look like a newbie sewer! I will have to join the bandwagon when I finally have time once school is over. And I am I am leaving in a week! I still have finals to finish up, so I can't quite die of excitement yet, but I can feel it!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! I can start my first list:

Things To Buy:

Souvies for LL!!!

Don't worry, I will take pics of every lamp I see. I'll be able to do that because I won't need to put up with DH saying "what are you taking a pic of that for????"

Thanks for being my first reader!!!
Woo Hoo! I'm on the list!

I am so thrilled you will be able to take pictures of lights without any snarky comments.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oooohhh...I'm subbing in!! I can't wait to hear about your plans and about your trip!! You are going to have so much fun..and a ladies getaway sounds like a great time!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #11
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Well... at least we're all consistent! You definitely do not look like a newbie sewer! I will have to join the bandwagon when I finally have time once school is over. And I am I am leaving in a week! I still have finals to finish up, so I can't quite die of excitement yet, but I can feel it!
Thank you! Good Luck with finals ixiedust:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Woo Hoo! I'm on the list!

I am so thrilled you will be able to take pictures of lights without any snarky comments.
Well Stacy may make some comments...maybe I should tell that I will be taking odd pictures now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oooohhh...I'm subbing in!! I can't wait to hear about your plans and about your trip!! You are going to have so much fun..and a ladies getaway sounds like a great time!!!!
Thanks for reading!!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #12
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

HI Kristine!!

I really enjoyed your last TR....even though I didn't comment

I'm gonna be in WDW at the same time... sorta. I'll be leaving early on the 7th to head back into the cold white north. But I'm really excited to have 4 days of warmth 1st

Subbing and looking forward to seeing your plans.... I'll be interested to know what you decide about nitetime shows... they were decimated for Feb... none are showing more than 2times/week that week I have 1 chance at each during my 4 days...sorta determined my plans for me

Paula
Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Subbing and looking forward to seeing your plans.... I'll be interested to know what you decide about nitetime shows... they were decimated for Feb... none are showing more than 2times/week that week I have 1 chance at each during my 4 days...sorta determined my plans for me

Paula
Yup, the nighttime show times are crazy. I was thinking there was going to be a Pirate and Princess Party but I guess not. Weird. Since you asked, the general plan is to catch Fantasmic on Friday night (if we decide to), WISHES on Sat, and Illuminations after the big meet up at the Boardwalk on Sunday.

What are you doing on your last day??? If you see me...say HI!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup, the nighttime show times are crazy. I was thinking there was going to be a Pirate and Princess Party but I guess not. Weird. Since you asked, the general plan is to catch Fantasmic on Friday night (if we decide to), WISHES on Sat, and Illuminations after the big meet up at the Boardwalk on Sunday.

What are you doing on your last day??? If you see me...say HI!!!!
Fantasmic is my Fave..and I missed it in Oct So it's a definate on Fri nite...only time its showing while I'm there
Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #15
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Fantasmic is my Fave..and I missed it in Oct So it's a definate on Fri nite...only time its showing while I'm there
Friday the 6th??? Maybe I'll see you there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: