Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #106
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Thanks for the update. Sorry you couldnt make your CR ressie
Glad Disney World wasnt blown up
We wouldnt be able to go ourselves in 50 days if that happened
Now Im heading over to your sisters report..
Nora looks like she is really enjoying herself! Such a cutie!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #107
AliceInDisboardland!
Earning My Ears

Okay, so I can't believe all the blame I am getting for these stupid pictures! They aren't even that great!!!!!!!!

Here is the one Kelly just HAD to have...it is of where we were stuck on the monorail for such a long time - I think I took the picture from Coral Reef to show how close we were!

Here is Nora dancing to the Bryan Adams cover band - she likes to dance!!

I believe I had to point out this hidden Mickey to Kelly - amature!

This is cute of Nora and Grammie looking at the window in the sports shop in England

Sorry for holding up the posts! I'll post on the dining report soon - I'm just sad that we only have one more day to post about. Let's go back so we can start a pre-trippie....MNSSHP and Epcot Food & Wine fest please!!!!!!
1999: CBR (Dad, Mom, Aunt, Uncle, Sis, Me)
2004: Holiday villas (Dad, Mom, Sis, SisDH, Me)
2007: POR (Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only! )
2008 (Apr): SSR (Mom, Sis, SisDH, DN, Me)
2008 (Nov): Poly!(Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only part II )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #108
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
LOVED your last installment! Thanks for all the delicious details, and YES, I will hop over to your sis's report and read about all the yummy treats she has to tell us about Bomb dogs????!!!!! I always thought that WDW would be a tempting target, but am glad to hear they seem to be on task for keeping us safe!

Thanks for your hard work on your report. Always so many fun things you do!
Yes, it definitely is a scary thought, but as we learned on KTTK they are doing things to keep us safe that you could never imagine them doing! ::cop:
So happy you like my TR. I can't believe it's almost over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Yeah! An update - and a great update at that!

How awful to be stuck on the monorail for such a long time & to miss your Coral Reef ADR.
Coral Reef will have to go back to the top of our to do list for our next trip. With each failed attempt our expectations of it keep getting higher though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All About The Mouse View Post
Just read all the pages tonight. What fun! Cannot wait to read about your last day!
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Great update! I LOVE that picture of Nora you've used as your avatar. What a cutie!!
Thanks! Oh, and the avatar--I'm just amazed I was able to figure out how to do it all by myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveGoofy91 View Post
Okay, I just read the whole thing so far and now I'm up to speed! I'm really enjoying your tr and I can't wait for more!
Glad you're enjoying the TR. I'll probably be procrastinating with the next post just because it's going to be the last full day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Great update! I didn't realize there was more than one pool at the Poly.
Yuppers. Evidently you're not the only one who didn't realized there were 2 because the quiet pool was always that-quiet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Thanks for the update. Sorry you couldnt make your CR ressie
Glad Disney World wasnt blown up
We wouldnt be able to go ourselves in 50 days if that happened
Now Im heading over to your sisters report..
Nora looks like she is really enjoying herself! Such a cutie!
50 DAYS! Do you have your countdown made yet?! hehe! I'm so excited for you. What's the first thing on your agenda?
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #109
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Just wanted say hello. Hope you have a great day!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #110
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInDisboardland! View Post
Okay, so I can't believe all the blame I am getting for these stupid pictures! They aren't even that great!!!!!!!!

Here is the one Kelly just HAD to have...it is of where we were stuck on the monorail for such a long time - I think I took the picture from Coral Reef to show how close we were!

Here is Nora dancing to the Bryan Adams cover band - she likes to dance!!

I believe I had to point out this hidden Mickey to Kelly - amature!

This is cute of Nora and Grammie looking at the window in the sports shop in England

Sorry for holding up the posts! I'll post on the dining report soon - I'm just sad that we only have one more day to post about. Let's go back so we can start a pre-trippie....MNSSHP and Epcot Food & Wine fest please!!!!!!
I guess there weren't that many good ones afterall Thanks for posting them though! Food and Wine?! Sign me up!! As for MNSSHP will you make us cool costumes? What could we go as-the mean stepsisters? Hehe.
It's finally Friday for you! YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Just wanted say hello. Hope you have a great day!
HI! Hope your day is going well. When do you get to start planning your fall trip??
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #111
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I have just spent my day at work reading your TR! It's awesome. It has made my Friday fly by!

Here are the comments I remember, in no particular order mind you.
Nora is the cutest, I have loved reading about her reactions. I'm sorry you were stuck on the monorail, I think I might have panicked had I been there through that. I'm from Maine too, but living in Mass. now. I really want to do the KTTK tour, I might try to fit in on our next trip.

I'm going to head over to the food portion now, I think you need to book your next trip so I can read your PTR!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #112
DWFan4Life
DIS Veteran

I'm new to this thread. I really enjoyed reading your reviews and you had a great pics. Really looks you had a great time.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #113
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

ohh!! a new report that I am in love with. How much fun was this trip. We also had a grumpy day at Epcot.

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
Old 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #114
tthe4taylorz
Earning My Ears

loved the report and photos! can't wait to go!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #115
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I have just spent my day at work reading your TR! It's awesome. It has made my Friday fly by!

Here are the comments I remember, in no particular order mind you.
Nora is the cutest, I have loved reading about her reactions. I'm sorry you were stuck on the monorail, I think I might have panicked had I been there through that. I'm from Maine too, but living in Mass. now. I really want to do the KTTK tour, I might try to fit in on our next trip.

I'm going to head over to the food portion now, I think you need to book your next trip so I can read your PTR!
Yay, new blood! Hehe. I'm glad you are enjoying the report and even more happy to hear that it allowed you to get through your Friday at work! Thanks for the compliment about Nora. She is such a good girl As far as the monorail goes, we probably should have been more freaked out than we were. Honestly, we were just mad to be missing our ADR! Buuuut...of course we were thankful that everything turned out to be okay. Thank goodness for bomb sniffing doggies! A fellow Mainer-yay. My Aunt emailed me this morning and said that it was 26 below zero there! Okay, what else-oh, yes the KTTK tour. If you have time/money to do it I would go for it. I think that probably most seasoned DISers could host that tour! hehe..okay, I'll stop bugging you now..Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFan4Life View Post
I'm new to this thread. I really enjoyed reading your reviews and you had a great pics. Really looks you had a great time.

Have a nice day.
HI! Welcome! So glad you are enjoying my TR. We did have a great time and can't wait to start planning another trip! Have a good night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
ohh!! a new report that I am in love with. How much fun was this trip. We also had a grumpy day at Epcot.
Yippee! You guys don't understand how happy it makes me to have people actually reading and enjoying my TR! It was a wonderful trip. It was nice to have just the girls. Oh..and as far as "grumpy" days in EPCOT goes--I can remember waaay back to one of our first trips to Disney a day at EPCOT that was just a nightmare-everyone arguing over where to eat, where to go, etc. Yuck! Maybe my family is grumpy prone in EPCOT Anyway, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthe4taylorz View Post
loved the report and photos! can't wait to go!
Yay! Glad you like it! Your trip is coming fast. Are you all ready? Got those ADRs and itineraries made?! I hope so!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #116
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Yay, new blood! Hehe. I'm glad you are enjoying the report and even more happy to hear that it allowed you to get through your Friday at work! Thanks for the compliment about Nora. She is such a good girl As far as the monorail goes, we probably should have been more freaked out than we were. Honestly, we were just mad to be missing our ADR! Buuuut...of course we were thankful that everything turned out to be okay. Thank goodness for bomb sniffing doggies! A fellow Mainer-yay. My Aunt emailed me this morning and said that it was 26 below zero there! Okay, what else-oh, yes the KTTK tour. If you have time/money to do it I would go for it. I think that probably most seasoned DISers could host that tour! hehe..okay, I'll stop bugging you now..Kelly
Where in Maine are you from? I'm from southern Maine, almost NH really but I lived up near Augusta for about four years.
I wonder where they keep those bomb sniffing doggies....
Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #117
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Where in Maine are you from? I'm from southern Maine, almost NH really but I lived up near Augusta for about four years.
I wonder where they keep those bomb sniffing doggies....
A little south of Bangor. We actually are driving up there tomorrow in the AM. My dh's father is in the hospital Anyway, it is a 10 hour drive from where we are in NY. BLAH! As many times as we've done the drive it doesn't get any shorter. It's like we get to the Maine border and we still have 3 1/2 hrs to go!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #118
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

How awful to be able to see the restaurant from the monorail?

What were the crowds like on the monorail? I imagine people were getting a bit cranky waiting all that time. I have to say I'm surprised Disney didn't get something special ready for you like a fast pass or something to make up for it. They are usually so good about stuff like that.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #119
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
A little south of Bangor. We actually are driving up there tomorrow in the AM. My dh's father is in the hospital Anyway, it is a 10 hour drive from where we are in NY. BLAH! As many times as we've done the drive it doesn't get any shorter. It's like we get to the Maine border and we still have 3 1/2 hrs to go!
I'm sorry to hear about your DH's father.
A 10 hour drive is rough! I remember going to look at colleges in Bangor and after the 3 1/2 hour ride to get home I thought NO WAY. My brother did end up there for college though.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #120
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
How awful to be able to see the restaurant from the monorail?

What were the crowds like on the monorail? I imagine people were getting a bit cranky waiting all that time. I have to say I'm surprised Disney didn't get something special ready for you like a fast pass or something to make up for it. They are usually so good about stuff like that.
I think in our monorail car there was a group of four adults and four children as well as us. So I guess I would consider that not too crowded. I'm not sure how full the other cars were. And yes, we definitely were all getting cranky! I didn't even consider them giving us anything, actually, we were just glad to be off!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: