Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #91
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I've been wanting to do the tour for a while now. It sounds great!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #92
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

I love your TR!!! Cant wait for more!!! Nora is such a cutie!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #93
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hi There,

I just finished reading your sister's entire Food Report and now I'm starting on yours. Only on the first page, but I'll finish up tomorrow- now that I "know" you all, I think I'll feel right at home here

Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #94
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
I love your report and I love seeing teh pics of my favourite resort, POLY , I can't wait to go back!
Thanks! The Poly definitely was great. I really hope we get the chance to go back as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Joining you! Thanks!!
Great! The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCharacter View Post
Loving the trip report! The separate dining report and trip report is so fun to read through ~I love getting two tales of the same trip
So glad you are joining both of us. I have to try to stay away from the food boards. Makes me huuungry hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I've been wanting to do the tour for a while now. It sounds great!
Definitely do it if you get a chance. There is so much Disney knowledge to be shared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvenza View Post
I love your TR!!! Cant wait for more!!! Nora is such a cutie!!!
Yay! So happy you like it! Speaking of cuties-is that your daughter?! So sweet! How old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hi There,

I just finished reading your sister's entire Food Report and now I'm starting on yours. Only on the first page, but I'll finish up tomorrow- now that I "know" you all, I think I'll feel right at home here
That's wonderful! I like that people are bouncing between the reports--you get the full feel of our vacation that way.
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #95
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Any updates coming soon?? Sooooo looking forward to more

Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #96
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

Joining! I'm enjoying your TR a lot so far, Nora is so cute! We're from the same neck of the woods too I see, we're in Rochester and because of that....

I got a good laugh out of the lifeguard all bundled up. All I could think was 60 degrees? Dude, it's gonna be like -4 here tomorrow, come on!! lol

My DD's first trip to WDW is in May, she'll be 19 months old at the time, I'm looking forward to it and have been reading trip reports where little ones were involved so I'm loving yours. I'm anxious to see how my DD is going to react to the characters, she tends to bury her head in my shoulder when we meet strangers but I'm hoping she doesn't do that to Mickey (of all people! he's no stranger lol)
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #97
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Any updates coming soon?? Sooooo looking forward to more
Yes! I have been wanting to post for a while now but I am patiently (well, maybe impatiently) waiting for Sarah to upload some pics to photobucket so I can use them. Her old computer got a virus so she's got to be careful transferring files over to her NEW computer. I promise a brand new post tonight! -Kelly
p.s. I'm glad you're looking forward to more
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #98
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Joining! I'm enjoying your TR a lot so far, Nora is so cute! We're from the same neck of the woods too I see, we're in Rochester and because of that....

I got a good laugh out of the lifeguard all bundled up. All I could think was 60 degrees? Dude, it's gonna be like -4 here tomorrow, come on!! lol

My DD's first trip to WDW is in May, she'll be 19 months old at the time, I'm looking forward to it and have been reading trip reports where little ones were involved so I'm loving yours. I'm anxious to see how my DD is going to react to the characters, she tends to bury her head in my shoulder when we meet strangers but I'm hoping she doesn't do that to Mickey (of all people! he's no stranger lol)
Hi! I'm so glad you're enjoying my TR. I was hoping to have my next post up by now, but it is my goal for tonight (after the little princess goes to bed). My husband and I actually both did our undergrad at RIT so we are very familiar with Rochester, although we aren't originally from NY-we're both from Maine. But, anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there. We miss Rochester. I want to take Nora up to the Strong Museum. Have you taken your DD there? Oh, and my daughter was 20 months when we took her to Disney last April. She was no where near as into the characters as she was this past visit, but she wasn't really scared either. More of a ho hum attitude I guess Here we are with Minnie and Mickey on that trip:

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Just seeing her reactions to all the sights and sounds will be well worth it! Okay, I'll stop blabbing now
-Kelly
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #99
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day Five- Part 2!!

Day FIVE- Part TWO!

Okay, Okay. I know I have been a total slacker in not finishing up day five. But, I promise I have a good excuse. I actually am going to blame Sarah, because I have been waiting for her to upload some pics I was hoping to use to photobucket. She has had computer problems (including a virus! ), however, and eventhough she got a new computer she hasn't yet been able to transfer her old files over. I have had the first part of this post written for a while, so tonight, Sarah photos or no Sarah photos I am going to finish day 5! Yes, that means resisting the temptation to watch AI (eventhough I think it's kinda lame for the first few weeks)..but I digress.

So, when I left you Sarah and I were just finishing up our "Keys to the Kingdom" tour. Although we were itching to go back into the MK and hit some rides we figured we better go back to the Poly and check on Grammie and Nora. We hopped on the mon-e-rail (such a perk to staying at the POLY) and headed "home." It was almost 1:30PM by the time we were back at 3937 Tokelau. We were returning at prime naptime so we made sure to be very quiet as we entered the room. The TV was on (cartoons of course) but what should we happen to find?! Grammie and Nora both laying in bed together-only problem, Grammie sound asleep and Nora awake watching Mickey cartoons! Believe me, we didn't let Mom live that one down! Our reservation at the Coral Reef wasn't until 3PM, so I still had hope for Nora getting at least a cat nap in. Sarah had said she wanted to go swimming, so while she got changed I got Nora back down-in her crib this time! I didn't feel like swimming so I just went along and took some pictures.

Sar swam in the quiet pool, which she had all to herself. She won't let me post the picture of her getting in the pool-haha-eventhough it is from far away-haha again, okay that was mean-just kidding. Anyway, here is a pic that doesn't include the pool (or Sarah) but is taken from the quiet pool area.

After Sarah's quick dip we walked down to the volcano pool.

Here is the children's play area:

Since we had yet to spend much time here we decided to make it a priority for the morning. We knew that Nora would love the zero-entry pool, as the pool at SSR had zero-entry and was perfect for her! Yikes, enough "relaxing" we had to get back to the room to prepare for yet another meal! We let the princess sleep for as long as possible while we all got ready. When she woke up, however, she had more mail! Who would it be from!?

Dear Nora,
How nice of you to come visit me and all the other princesses! What a big girl you are! I heard that you are going to eat at the Coral Reef Restaurant today! Please say "Hi" to all my fish friends! Maybe Flounder will be there?! I hope you are having fun with Mama, Mammie, and Aunnie!
Love,
Ariel

Is anyone else noticing that these princesses sure use a lot of exclamation points?!

Full of excitement (and not so much hunger) for trying the Coral Reef for the first time, we were off to Epcot. We boarded the mon-e-rail at the TTC and figured we'd be cutting it close but would probably just make our 3PM reservation. Well, that assumption was only if everything went smoothly----The ride to Epcot was uneventful. A pretty basic monorail ride. As we entered Epcot and were circling around the Future World "loop" the monorail stopped. The pre-recorded message came on, "the monorail has stopped to let other monorail traffic ahead clear, etc, we will be moving momentarily." Okay, no big deal. We waited, and waited. Finally the monorail driver came on and said that there was an issue at the "terminal" and we'd be moving in just a few minutes. Well, the minutes ticked by and soon our hopes for arriving at the Coral Reef on time were diminishing. The worst part was that from where the monorail was stopped we could actually see the sign for the Coral Reef Restaurant !!

[Imagine photo taken from monorail with The Living Seas in the Distance]

After 5-10 more minutes the driver came back over the radio and said that there was a "security issue" and that a "suspicious bag" had been left on the monorail track and that they were calling in security. Um....okay, so how long does it take for security to get there?! GEEZ! We have reservations people! Of course, we didn't have the direct number to the Coral Reef, so Sarah decided to call the Disney dining line and explain the situation. We were hoping that they could hold our reservation considering the circumstances! The CM on the phone was really confused--"stuck on the monorail, what do you mean?" Actually, I think she found it kind of comical-did she Sarah? She tried to get ahold of the restaurant for us but they weren't answering their phone and of course they didn't have any later reservations. Bummer! Would we be destined to be 0-2 on eating at the coral reef?! When we finally got clearance and were moving again, everyone clapped--especially Nora-she was getting quite impatient! By the time we were through the gates of Epcot it was 3:45PM!! 45 minutes after our reservation at the Coral Reef. Better luck next trip! Oh, and on our way in we caught sight of the bomb sniffing dogs! Definitely a Disney first for us!

As chronic planners, missing our ressie really threw us for a loop. Now what?! Luckily we had done our research and thanks to the DISboards had heard that Sunshine Seasons offered a great counter service meal. Okay, we would head that way. Also on our list was doing the VISA character meet and greet. (Gotta take advantage of those Disney Visa perks you know) With a new "plan" etched out we were back in the home of the "Great Big Ball."

Since the Disney Visa Character Meet and Greet was only open 'til 4:30PM we figured we better head there before our dinner(?). Now, I had written down specific instructions on our itinerary of how to locate this place and we still ended up asking a CM. I find the Innovation areas to be very confusing and always get turned around in them! hehe. Now, Nora was very mad when we were at EPCOT earlier in the week that we didn't stop to see the characters. The regular character meet and greet areas can be seen when passing through the corridor-through the windows. She didn't understand why we couldn't just bang on the windows and say "HI"! We were hoping that these characters would satisfy her. When we found the meet and great spot there was only one family in front of us. I heard the mom ask the CM who was handling the line which characters were inside and she answered, "That is a surprise. All I can tell you is that there are more than 1 and less than 4 characters here" Um...okay. It was only a few minutes and the suspense was over....Goofy and Minnie! Two of Nora's favorites!

Nora had a good time interacting with Minnie and Goofy and we were not rushed at all--which is so nice with a sometimes timid 2 year old! Nora actually gave Goofy a special treat--a big Nora kiss! I think Minnie was jealous! HA!

Then we all posed. (Included with the DIS Visa was a "free" 5x7 photo from the session, so we wanted to make sure to get a good one of us all)

After saying our goodbyes to Minnie and Goofy it was a quick walk over to "The Land" for our Coral Reef replacement Sunshine Seasons. You can get all the dish on our meal over on Sarah's thread(http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2028255&page=7), but let me just say one thing-this was the one meal that I got thoroughly frustrated with Nora. She didn't want to eat or sit still and by this time in the trip we were all getting a bit testy if you know what I mean. I try to be a patient Mommy but I get disappointed when "little miss perfect" doesn't act so perfect. Reminder to self: SHE'S 2!!! Okay, so anyway, we filled our bellies and decided to head onward with no real plan in place! Yikes! That doesn't sound like us!

Where we found ourselves, after a quick potty break, was at the "Journey Into Imagination." None of us had been on this ride since it was refurbished/redone so we were curious. I must say I was disappointed. I think I preferred the classic FIGMENT version better although I have to admit I don't remember too much about the original ride!

Nora wasn't too impressed with the ride but did like what we found afterwards. Lots of fun things at "ImageWorks."

This spot was her favorite. As you can probably guess, the kids stepped on the "instruments" and they would play music.

Although Nora had gotten out a lot of energy between running on the benches at dinner and playing at the Imagination Pavilion, she still wasn't ready to get in her stroller. Luckily Grammie convinced her of the "Grammie mode of transport"

Off to tackle World Showcase and use up some snack credits we went! Our first stop was in Canada where there was a band playing. I think they may have been a Bryan Adams cover band (some one on here probably knows exactly) because when got there they were finishing up their performance with "Summer of '69" Nora decided to shake a leg--so cute! I got some great video of her dancing except this group of people standing behind her decided it would be funny to get in my video--grr.. I didn't notice it until my DH pointed it out when we were showing him the videos from the trip when we got home. How rude and annoying! Okay, back up on Grammie's shoulders-next stop UK. Sarah and I browsed in the shops while Grammie and Nora checked out the "British Invasion." Nor didn't seem as into the Beatles as Bryan Adams-haha! Ohh..I just thought of something Sarah forgot to add in her food report. In UK we picked up some chocolates that we unanimously decided we just HAD to try right at that moment. YUM! Melt in your mouth. Nora kept putting her hand out for more!

After our chocolate fix it was time for our first real snack of the evening. We already knew where we would go for that-France. Sarah will tell you all about it, but YUM YUM--I can't wait to go back for one of those! There. Did that make you jump right over to her thread to see what I was referring to?! We continued on at a slow and relaxed pace. By this time Nora had given up and agreed to ride in the stroller! Yea, real shocker there! The crowds were not too heavy so we just really enjoyed the atmosphere. We stopped in Germany and admired my dh's favorite spot-the beer cart there. I love the toy shop there, so that was also a must do. If I remember correctly, Grammie picked up a Christmas gift for Nor here.

In China there was some sort of performance going on. Hmm...trying to remember what. I obviously don't have any pictures of it, but I think it was some sort of balancing or "acrobatic" type show. ??? Sorry, that is not like me to forget details! We stopped for a few minutes to watch. Eventhough our bellies weren't quite ready for more food, we found ourselves in Norway and knew there were treats we were dying to try.
(Sarah, can you explain? http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2028255&page=7) As we made it to the end of the World Showcase we were all sufficiently full, tired, and grouchy--yes, that can happen even at the Happiest Place on Earth! We agreed to head toward the "Great Big Ball."

We made sure to stop at the photo center before we left to chose our free 5x7 VISA photo. The photopass photographer actually got some really good shots and it was difficult to pick one. Mom ended up with her favorite and since she was the financial contributor to our trip we opted she keep the photo. Such nice girls we are, huh? In no time we had boarded the mon-e-rail and were back home sweet home at the POLY. As had become customary we all feel asleep to classic Mickey cartoons dreaming of what was in store for us on our last full day in Disney.

Up NEXT:

Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT- OH MY!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #100
All7OfUs

LOVED your last installment! Thanks for all the delicious details, and YES, I will hop over to your sis's report and read about all the yummy treats she has to tell us about Bomb dogs????!!!!! I always thought that WDW would be a tempting target, but am glad to hear they seem to be on task for keeping us safe!

Thanks for your hard work on your report. Always so many fun things you do!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #101
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

Yeah! An update - and a great update at that!

How awful to be stuck on the monorail for such a long time & to miss your Coral Reef ADR.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #102
All About The Mouse
Earning My Ears

Just read all the pages tonight. What fun! Cannot wait to read about your last day!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #103
wlwilliams9
"It's green and evil...I call it greevil!!" -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Great update! I LOVE that picture of Nora you've used as your avatar. What a cutie!!

Disney Vacation Specialist - www.facebook.com/wendy.fte
wendy@fairytaleescapes.com or (734) FUN-0095
Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #104
LoveGoofy91
Mouseketeer

Okay, I just read the whole thing so far and now I'm up to speed! I'm really enjoying your tr and I can't wait for more!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #105
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Great update! I didn't realize there was more than one pool at the Poly.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: