Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #61
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy
 
BellaSoleil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post

Hehe! They very well may be! Nora usually isn't that attached to pooh, but that day she wouldn't put him down! I wish Nora had some little girls to play with. All my friends have boys!

Nora turned 28 months the day we returned from the trip. It's funny because everytime we take her we think, "oh, she's gonna be so much fun this trip, so much better than last time"--and she is! Just keeps getting more fun and such a huge difference in her since our April trip! scary!
It's the same with us. All of our friends have little boys and Belle has not interest in little boy things. She is already so girly.

That's right around the time we are hoping to take Belle. She will be 29 months. I just hope she will be as well behaved as your little princess.
__________________
+ + + + = and





Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #62
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love your double report - sharing the burden of reporting between sisters is a great idea!
Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying both! Sarah definitely wanted to do the food report before we even left for this trip. She spent a lot of time checking out the food posts and "studying". I wasn't sure whether I'd write a TR because of our failed pre-trippie, but I'm so glad that I decided to go for it. Since my DH wasn't with us for this trip he is going to read my TR-he wants to wait 'til it's completed, though. Who knows when that will be! I'll keep chugging away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
It's the same with us. All of our friends have little boys and Belle has not interest in little boy things. She is already so girly.

That's right around the time we are hoping to take Belle. She will be 29 months. I just hope she will be as well behaved as your little princess.
Isn't it amazing the differences in little boys vs. girls?! I always think it is so funny when Nora gets together with her "boyfriends" because the boys will be fighting over a toy and she'll be totally ignoring them, lining up animals, or some other quiet thing. I'm sure it's not like that with all boys, but boys and girls definitely play differently!

I really think that this most recent trip was a perfect age to take a little one to Disney. She was excited about everything and was pretty self-sufficient--aka didn't need bottles, baby food, sippy cups, all that! The only downfall is at 2, Nora is very "Nora do it, Nora do it"--wanting to do everything herself and trying to do things that she just can't do--but you can't tell her that! Anyway, I'm sure your DD will do fine-as long as you don't forget Pooh! Your 2nd honeymoon trip is coming right up! Are you ready?!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #63
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy
 
BellaSoleil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post


Isn't it amazing the differences in little boys vs. girls?! I always think it is so funny when Nora gets together with her "boyfriends" because the boys will be fighting over a toy and she'll be totally ignoring them, lining up animals, or some other quiet thing. I'm sure it's not like that with all boys, but boys and girls definitely play differently!

I really think that this most recent trip was a perfect age to take a little one to Disney. She was excited about everything and was pretty self-sufficient--aka didn't need bottles, baby food, sippy cups, all that! The only downfall is at 2, Nora is very "Nora do it, Nora do it"--wanting to do everything herself and trying to do things that she just can't do--but you can't tell her that! Anyway, I'm sure your DD will do fine-as long as you don't forget Pooh! Your 2nd honeymoon trip is coming right up! Are you ready?!
I am so ready! DH on the other hand, isn't very excited yet. I've been making him a little 'goody bag' to bring on the plane so he can get excited on the flight over. You know, the type you would make for your four year old, only his has menu's, plans and a few Disney travel books.
__________________
+ + + + = and





Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #64
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I am so ready! DH on the other hand, isn't very excited yet. I've been making him a little 'goody bag' to bring on the plane so he can get excited on the flight over. You know, the type you would make for your four year old, only his has menu's, plans and a few Disney travel books.
Awww...that's fun! Whatever works, right?! What is with these husbands that don't get excited and obsessed about Disney!? My husband thinks I'm totally crazy! He'll have fun once he gets there!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #65
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,834

subscribing...I am enjoying reading about your wonderful trip- and your sisters reports!! I cant wait for our next trip in March so I will live yours with you as you post
Our family will be staying at the Poly and it will be our first time. We are surprising our 4 kids with the present on Christmas Day!! Then I can finally adjust my siggy with the correct dates and add a TICKER so I will know exactly how many more days are left!!
Keep posting.....and Thanks
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #66
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
subscribing...I am enjoying reading about your wonderful trip- and your sisters reports!! I cant wait for our next trip in March so I will live yours with you as you post
Our family will be staying at the Poly and it will be our first time. We are surprising our 4 kids with the present on Christmas Day!! Then I can finally adjust my siggy with the correct dates and add a TICKER so I will know exactly how many more days are left!!
Keep posting.....and Thanks
Wow, what a wonderful Christmas gift! You must be so excited to let out that surprise! We really enjoyed the Poly, as you can tell from my report, I hope I am anxious to post again but I'm going to wait to give Sarah a chance to catch up. Only a couple days left to tell about Okay, I'll stop blabbing! Thanks for reading! -Kelly
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #67
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 535

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the long delay in posting the next day of my TR! I've been very busy with Holiday must-dos! Here is a little "Christmas Cheer" for you all! I'll be getting back to the "Poly" soon. It is definitely going to be a white Christmas here! -Kelly
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #68
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Oh my gosh that is just so cute. Nora is so adorable, you must be so proud.
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #69
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyvirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 418

Just catching up on your TR tonight. I've been busy prepping for the holidays. One family Christmas down...three to go!

I love the tip about the cardstock and the clipboard...definitely sticking that one on my list of things to get ready!

The picture of Nora and Santa is fabulous! Has she always been cool with the big guy? Both of my girls love talking about him, but generally freak when they see him. Our daycare center is hosting a visit from the jolly old elf on Tuesday...we'll have to see if anything has changed since last year!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD11) (DD7)
Poly June 2009 - First Trip to WDW - What fun!!!
Next trip - Contemporary June 2014 - Cannot wait!!!
Disneyvirg is offline  
Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #70
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,998

Loving your trip report as well as your sisters food reviews. What a fun way to do it! Nora is adorable! Looking forward to more!
__________________

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline  
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #71
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time
 
portocall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,077

Looking forward to reading more... I love the way your trip seems to be so relaxed.
__________________
Me DHand our three sons
portocall is offline  
Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #72
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!
 
Ciciwoowoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,393

I love your trip report so far! I look forward to reading more!
__________________
Mommy Daddy Big Brother (13) Little Brother (born 2/9/10)
Ciciwoowoo is offline  
Old 12-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #73
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!
 
arizonacolbys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,266

Loving your TR! Hubby & I have been to WDW together 10 times now, but are planning our first trip with our new baby girl for next Dec. She'll be about 15 months at the time. We are SO excited to bring her down & reading your TR with cute little Nora makes me even more excited! LOL
__________________
Emily DH Madelyn, 5 1/2 & Evelyn, 3 1/2
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline  
Old 12-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #74
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Oh my gosh that is just so cute. Nora is so adorable, you must be so proud.
Thanks! She really was into Santa this year and couldn't get enough of "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer!" Hope you had a nice holiday. I don't care if I never see another Christmas cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Just catching up on your TR tonight. I've been busy prepping for the holidays. One family Christmas down...three to go!

I love the tip about the cardstock and the clipboard...definitely sticking that one on my list of things to get ready!

The picture of Nora and Santa is fabulous! Has she always been cool with the big guy? Both of my girls love talking about him, but generally freak when they see him. Our daycare center is hosting a visit from the jolly old elf on Tuesday...we'll have to see if anything has changed since last year!
Wow, 4 family Christmases?! You're brave I hope they all went well!

Yes, the cardstock and mini clipboard worked great. Nora painted it and decorated it before we left-it was a fun project.

How did your girls do with Santa? Nora was really excited about him this year, although I did have to put her on his lap, she wasn't quite ready to run right up to him just yet! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm dreading the fact that we don't have a DIS trip to look forward to. Going in November was fun, but it's nice to have that March/April trip to break up the LONG winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Loving your trip report as well as your sisters food reviews. What a fun way to do it! Nora is adorable! Looking forward to more!
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying them. Sarah just left today to drive back to VA-she was visiting us for the holidays. Hopefully we'll get back into our posting routine ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
Looking forward to reading more... I love the way your trip seems to be so relaxed.
Yay! I'm so glad you like it! I wish I could say that I am as relaxed as my TR may make me seem I'm def not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I love your trip report so far! I look forward to reading more!
Wonderful! I'm so excited that people are reading my report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
Loving your TR! Hubby & I have been to WDW together 10 times now, but are planning our first trip with our new baby girl for next Dec. She'll be about 15 months at the time. We are SO excited to bring her down & reading your TR with cute little Nora makes me even more excited! LOL
AWW! That certainly is something to look forward to. Nora was about 8 months old when we first took her (a bit young to really appreciate the magic-but she was such a good baby!) Since you and your DH are such pros you're sure to have a wonderful time! Thanks for reading!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #75
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyvirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Wow, 4 family Christmases?! You're brave I hope they all went well!

Yes, the cardstock and mini clipboard worked great. Nora painted it and decorated it before we left-it was a fun project.

How did your girls do with Santa? Nora was really excited about him this year, although I did have to put her on his lap, she wasn't quite ready to run right up to him just yet! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm dreading the fact that we don't have a DIS trip to look forward to. Going in November was fun, but it's nice to have that March/April trip to break up the LONG winter!
I married into the multiple Christmases. My nuclear family only had one celebration growing up. We actually skipped one this year - so we could have had 5 and one that we used to have was finally let go a few years ago. My husband's family just cannot let go of anything. The one we skipped was my husband's deceased grandfather's side of the family - his sisters and their families. I really detest those types - my husband has no idea who half the people are! I think my grandmother-in-law was a bit upset that we were no shows - but come on!!!

DD2 was so excited about meeting Santa. I had the day off, so she was playing at home before we went to meet him. She was upset that I made her leave her play food at home - she had fixed supper for Santa! When we got to daycare she went running ahead of us yelling "Santa, santa!" When she finally saw him she had a horrified look on her face. She didn't want to go anywhere near him. The best we got was her being held by someone *near* Santa. DD5 whispered to me later, "that's not really Santa" - I sushed her quickly and asked why. She said his beard isn't real. I made up something about Santa not being able to get everywhere people want to see him, so he'll transform his really good elves to look like him and send them out so they can tell him what the little kids wanted. She seemed to buy it...
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD11) (DD7)
Poly June 2009 - First Trip to WDW - What fun!!!
Next trip - Contemporary June 2014 - Cannot wait!!!
Disneyvirg is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: