Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
ethansmommy
Disney Planner
 
ethansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 382

The pic of the lifeguard is hilarious to me....it looks like he/she is ready to go out into a snowstorm!!!!
__________________
Wife and mom to my guys: (DH) (DS8)

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."


Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymotto View Post
Great start to a TR! Love the pics.
The life guard gear is frightening!!!
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the pics! Are they too big? I can make them smaller if need be. I think we ended up with about 1200 photos between my sister's camera and mine!

Yea, what would these people do in the 20 degree weather we have here?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Oh yeah! I was in need of a new TR to follow. Your's looks perfect! Nora is a doll. When is her birthday? Our 2 year old will be nearly 3 when we go in June. We're staying at the Poly - your TR is helping fuel my excitement! Keep it coming!!!
Thanks for hopping on board! Nora turned 2 the end of July so our kiddos are pretty close in age! The Poly was so convenient with a toddler! Not having to fold up the stroller was wonderful! You will not be disappointed with the Poly! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi, I hoped over from your sister's Dining Review, both reports are great. Looking forward to hear more about the Poly, we will be staying there for the first time in January!
Oooo...aren't those food pics to die for?! Mmmm..I have to keep myself from looking at them-makes me too hungry! You will love the Poly! How many days to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenjess View Post
Great start to your report! I noticed your mom is a fellow Mainiac. I'm sure 60 degrees felt great to you, coming from the northeast! Great pics of the Poly; that place is so beautiful and relaxing. Looking forward to more!
Yes, we are all originally from Maine. Sarah and I have made it a bit more south but not by much! Mom and the majority of our family are still in Central Maine-a bit south of Bangor. The weather was just perfect for us. I couldn't understand all the sweaters and winter coats I saw, although it did get cool at night. Thanks for reading my TR
I'll try to keep it coming. Naptime seems like the best time to get some computer time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
Love it !

I loved the Polynesian resort when I went a few years back.

Subing!
I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I was so scared that no one would be interested and that I would get discouraged and stopped writing. It's great to have some motivation! My husband thinks I'm crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindeegyrl View Post
Great start! I'm subscribing!
Yay! The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
Yes he has flown jetblue once before and the tv helped distract him a ton. I have always wanted to stay at the poly but the resort seems so big. It seems like the building you stayed in was a good location. Do you have any advice on what other buildings are centrally located?? Also do the rooms have a table to eat at, I didnt notice one in your pics? I cant wait to see what happens with the monorail...
The resort actually wasn't as big as it seems. We have stayed at CBR and POR before and those are both waaay more spread out. You should pop over to the Poly Resort thread. Those "girls" have ALL the Poly info you'd ever need! I think Somoa is a good longhouse if you want to be close to the GCH and is pretty centrally located. Another good one near the TTC was Tahiti. That was our second choice. The room did not have a table to eat at. There is a table outside on the patio and we ended up using an ottoman (I think) for Nora's "meals" or a "picnic" on the bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
The pic of the lifeguard is hilarious to me....it looks like he/she is ready to go out into a snowstorm!!!!
Isn't that crazy?! Would one really be able to rescue someone in that?!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Loving your report so far and I love the separate dining report. All that yummy food it making me very hungry. The Poly pics are great, we are staying there in May so they are getting me really excited. And I like all the DDP info, how many credits you used, pictures of menus, its very helpful (were on the DDP for the first time too). Cant wait for the next update.
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #19
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 525

Day Two Begins!

Day Two!

We had a very ambitious plan for our first full day in Disney World. Here it is straight from the "all powerful" itinerary:

Thursday, November 20th:

*Breakfast in the room

9:00AM: EPCOT-spend some time in "Future World"

11:50AM: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall-Norway (1 TS credit/person)
*Held with Kelly's CC ($10 fee pp if don't cancel within 48 hrs of reservation)

1:00PM: Return to hotel to rest up for MVMCP!!

*Dinner at the Poly (3 CS)

4:00PM: MVMCP (Pick up tickets at guest services)

*Snacks!!! aka funnel cakes!! and cookies and hot cocoa! (3 Snacks)

(3 TS, 3 CS, 3 S)
---------------------------
And day two begins......

I woke up early after a full nights sleep at my new "home". My sister and mom will try to tell you that it annoys them that I'm always up early (and a morning person at that!) and therefore they are always up early, but I know deep down they are thankful. Seriously, I really have never needed an alarm clock--you know like Kramer-just set my "internal" one! Hehe, anyway...So we got up and moving early, which is a good thing because being 3 + women it takes us all a while to get ready! Nora had this waiting for her when she woke up:

Aunnie Sarah had planned this for her and it was a surprise to Nora and to me! So, on this morning she had a letter from Snow White and a gift-I think it was princess markers and a princess notepad. Here is what the letter said:

Dear Nora,
I am very excited to meet you today at the princess lunch with all my friends! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
Love, Snow White

Hehe. Nora was quite excited! What a nice Aunnie she has! We grabbed a quick snack/breakfast in the room before we left-Nora has gotten hooked on this Mickey Mouse cereal that my mom bought her months ago and we still have to have my mom ship us some every couple of weeks from Maine--but anyway, as long as she has her "Mickey cereal" she is happy. Okay, onward...We were at the TTC by 9AM. Had to make our daily stop to see dancing Minnie and Mickey when we see the Epcot monorail pulling up. Of course, we do the whole run to the gate thing and darn we miss it! Not too big of a deal, we knew there would be another one coming soon. To our great delight, however, the CM running the monorail line asked us how many were in our party and would we like to be in the front of the Monorail!? OF COURSE we would! What a great start to our day! See, missing the monorail isn't always a bad thing! Here we are:

I've also got a great video (which Nora insists on watching over and over about 20 times a day) of Nora and Aunnie doing the pat, pat, blastoff Little Einsteins thing again. So cute! Well, not as cute after I've seen it a billion times, but you get it Riding in the front of the Monorail (or Mon-E-rail as Nora called it) was really fun but a bit scary. It was weird not seeing anything else but the actually "track" ahead of us! The Monorail driver was really nice and told us that he bet it wouldn't be very busy at Epcot. He also tried to help my mom and I convince Sarah to try Soarin'. She has this whole motion sickness thing and has always been too afraid to try it for fear that it might make her sick. Oh well, maybe someday

Soon we saw Spaceship Earth in the distance. And out of Nora's mouth, of course, "Where's Princess Castle?!" Hehe. I mean really, there is no comparison-a big golf ball or a beautiful castle?! So, Spaceship Earth became "Great Big Ball" and definitely did NOT hold the same intrigue as "Princess Castle"

The monorail driver was right-it was very quiet at Epcot that morning. Sarah and I had never tried Test Track so that was our first stop. There was no wait so we didn't even get a chance to look for hidden mickeys! The ride was fun and fast. Although, we both agreed that the scariest part was the test of the "bumpy roads" as we could feel every ounce of fat in our bodies jiggle! haha. When we were finished we found Mom and Nora in Innoventions at the "Slam Lab":

It was hard to drag Nora away from here. She was barely heavy enough to make the doors slam, but when she did she was so proud of herself! After a quick stop at the first Kidstop of the day, we headed over to the land. The wait for Soarin' was only 10 minutes and Mom and I definitely wanted to take advantage of that, since the last time we rode we waited an hour! Sarah opted to take Nora over to the Seas to check out Nemo. Soarin' was amazing as usual. We both left wishing that Sarah would experience it, but of course we'd rather not have her sick! We met up with Sarah and Nora in the gift shop of The Seas where Nora was trying to make off with a giant stuffed Nemo! After some time checking out the Manatees--woah, those things are HUGE!!--we headed for the "Great Big Ball"

None of us had been on Spaceship Earth since the refurb and we really enjoyed it. The little digital story at the end was especially fun! Sarah and I had both made funny faces and it was a complete riot seeing them bouncing around on those figures! Haha. Nora and Grammie's was cute too! Once we found the stroller (I hate how you always end up coming out on the opposite side as you go in) we had just enough time for a potty break before our Royal Lunch with the Princesses! I had packed Nora's Snow White dress-up outfit for her to wear just for the occasion!

She looked so cute. One of the CMs even commented that my husband better start his gun collection! HaHa! We checked in to the restaurant a bit before our ressie and were told we would be "announced" in when it was our turn--another thing Nora learned on this trip--"We waiting our turn!"
Nora and I browsed around while we waited--big mistake! In no time at all Nora spotted.....

Hmm....the $12 dress up outfit I have on or the $60 Princess Rella outfit?! She ripped her costume off so quick and pulled that crown out of her hair! I had never seen anything like it! She was bound and determined that she was going to wear the beautiful (and Expensive!!) Cinderella dress. Oh, and wasn't she mad and me when she found out otherwise! She refused to put the Snow White outfit back on and was still grouchy when we got called in to see Belle. I'm sure all of you with little girls can totally relate to that story! I didn't get a lot of great pics at the lunch because I had forgotten to raise the flash on my camera (grrr...) but we did meet Belle, Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora), Jasmine, Ariel, and Snow White. It didn't seem to matter who came over to meet Nora she always wanted Snow White. This offended Princess Jasmine quite a bit--hehe. "Where's Snow White?!" And when Snow White finally came to our table she had something for Nora....



Quite a souvenir! Oh, I forgot to mention that the food was yummy. We were absolutely starving so I think anything would have tasted good, actually! Check out Sarah's food report for all the yummy details! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29106689)

At around 1PM we made our way back to the Poly. Nora and Grammie were in need of naps and Sarah and I were ready for a drink by the pool! When we got back to our room we found two balloons and this:

Nora was much more impressed than Grammie--hehe. After getting Grammie and Nora settled we headed down to the quiet pool (that was just steps from our longhouse). It wasn't super warm outside and there was a bit of a breeze, but the water in the Disney pools is like bath water and it felt great!

We took a quick swim and then decided that it was definitely time to check out the Barefoot Pool Bar. We opted to share some sort of Tropical Mohito. It was yummy! A good choice! We drank it while balancing in a hammock on the beach Feeling very relaxed, we walked back to the GCH to pick up our MVMCP tickets from the concierge desk. We didn't have our confirmation number with us, however, so they couldn't print out the tickets-no big deal, we'd just stop back by on our way to the party. That would give us a chance to catch the Mon-E-rail from the GCH, something that we had yet to do! By this time it was getting late and we need to get the nappers up so we could get all dolled up for the party!

Remember that bunny from the WL? Well, Nora decided that he must actually live outside our room at the Poly. While Sarah and I were getting ready, Mom and Nora were snacking on grapes out on the balcony. All of a sudden I hear, "Here, bunny, bunny, bunny" Nora was looking over the balcony and throwing her grapes to the "bunnies" --hehe. We actually didn't ever see any bunnies at the Poly. Must be too tropical for them!

Okay, so back to the MVMCP preparations. We knew it was going to get chilly that night so we all made sure to dress in layers and of course we had these beauties that my sister made for each of us! When we thought of doing scarves for the party, we never dreamed it would actually be cool enough on our trip to need them! They did come in handy though. Aren't they the cutest?! We had multiple people ask us where we bought them or if we made them. Great job Sarah!


By 5PM we had picked up our tickets and were awaiting the monorail to go to the MK for the first time on our trip and go to our first ever MVMCP! We had already had such a magical day. How could it possibly get better? It did! Starting with another special ride on the monorail!!

To be continued.......at:

__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #20
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyvirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 418

Another great update!

A couple Qs:

1. Sarah can ride test track, but is too worried about motion sickness to ride Soarin? I thought Soarin was supposed to be tamer than test track. I've never been on either - but I'm quite sensitive to motion. I wonder if I'll be able to ride anything.

2. How long of a walk was it from your room to TTC? How long to GCH?

Your sister is mighty crafty. I loved the princess mail box and the scarves. Very clever!

Can't wait for the next installment.
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD11) (DD7)
Poly June 2009 - First Trip to WDW - What fun!!!
Next trip - Contemporary June 2014 - Cannot wait!!!
Disneyvirg is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #21
AliceInDisboardland!
Earning My Ears
 
AliceInDisboardland!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Another great update!

A couple Qs:

1. Sarah can ride test track, but is too worried about motion sickness to ride Soarin? I thought Soarin was supposed to be tamer than test track. I've never been on either - but I'm quite sensitive to motion. I wonder if I'll be able to ride anything.

2. How long of a walk was it from your room to TTC? How long to GCH?

Your sister is mighty crafty. I loved the princess mail box and the scarves. Very clever!

Can't wait for the next installment.
Hello! I'm the whimp that won't ride Soarin' - and I'd like to set the record straight! First of all, thank you for the compliments about the scarves My issue with Soarin' is this - and I have explained it to Kelly many a time, but she still insists on making fun of me! I only have motion sickness issues on virtual reality type rides - aka the ones where you are sitting somewhat still and the screen is moving in front of you - so that you feel like you are moving but you aren't. I don't know why, but it just messes with my head and I end up having to close my eyes for the whole thing - so why even go on it? Let me tell you, I learned the hard way on the Back to the Future Ride in Universal Studios a few years back (remember that Kelly?) Came out of that ride white as a ghost Heck, I even feel sick on Mickey's Philharmagic during the Alladin carpet ride part! I don't however get sick on rollarcoasters - and test track isn't all that scary, just fast at the end - no prob! Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

All of the above may be true - but the real reason I don't ride Soarin' is because it is the one ride that mom actually likes to ride so I like to volunteer to stay behind so I can have Nora all to myself hehe...sneaky I know...
__________________
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite
1995: POFQ (Dad, Mom, Sis, Me)
1999: CBR (Dad, Mom, Aunt, Uncle, Sis, Me)
2004: Holiday villas (Dad, Mom, Sis, SisDH, Me)
2007: POR (Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only! )
2008 (Apr): SSR (Mom, Sis, SisDH, DN, Me)
2008 (Nov): Poly!(Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only part II )
AliceInDisboardland! is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
tracirae1105
Mouseketeer
 
tracirae1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 82

subbing!
__________________
1995 - Polynesian
2003 - Caribbean Beach
2004 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2006 - Port Orleans Riverside (Magnolia Bend)
2007 - Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou)
2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter
tracirae1105 is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #23
ethansmommy
Disney Planner
 
ethansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 382

That is great that everyone got to ride up front in the monorail....I hope to do this in January. Im with your sister on the motion sickness on certain rides, it does seem to be just the rides that you stay stationary and the screen moves that make me sick to because everything else I can ride just fine. That was cute when your daughter asked where the princess castle was...I think maybe she is a Magic Kingdom fan. Oh yeah and the princess mail and scarves are very cute and crafty, high five to your sister. I wish I could do cute girly princess things but god blessed me with a son instead so I will have to find other things to do. By the way your trip report is great so far!
__________________
Wife and mom to my guys: (DH) (DS8)

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."


Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #24
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney
 
Villainess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,578

Oh this is such a fun trip so far - and the scarves are great! Nora is adorable and sounds just like my DD, 2 yrs as well - her fave is 'Rora' (Aurora)
__________________
Me (Danielle), 34 DD, 7 DS, 6
Follow me ~ Instagram

Villainess is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
tr-ray
DIS Veteran
 
tr-ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 569

Oh my goodness, I love the scarves!!

I wish I had a sewing machine!

Great TR, btw. And I've also been reading your companion food reports!
__________________
Proud Wife of Fellow Member eazyeray
Mom to Princess Sheridan 09.26.08 and Pirate Alex 07.15.12


10/2013 -- BCV! ♥ 10/2011 -- Pop! ♥ 5/2011 -- AKL ♥ 12/2010 -- Pop! ♥ 2/2009 -- POP! ♥ 12/2007 -- CBR ♥ 12/2000 -- BC ♥ 4/1997 -- Off-Site For High School ♪Music♪ Days ♥

tr-ray is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #26
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Loving your report so far and I love the separate dining report. All that yummy food it making me very hungry. The Poly pics are great, we are staying there in May so they are getting me really excited. And I like all the DDP info, how many credits you used, pictures of menus, its very helpful (were on the DDP for the first time too). Cant wait for the next update.
I'm so glad you're enjoying the report. I didn't realize what a time commitment this was going to be. I think I'll probably be up late tonight finishing part two of day two! It's hard because we all fit so much into those disney days! The DDP was great--a lot of food, though--get ready to eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Another great update!

A couple Qs:

1. Sarah can ride test track, but is too worried about motion sickness to ride Soarin? I thought Soarin was supposed to be tamer than test track. I've never been on either - but I'm quite sensitive to motion. I wonder if I'll be able to ride anything.

2. How long of a walk was it from your room to TTC? How long to GCH?

Your sister is mighty crafty. I loved the princess mail box and the scarves. Very clever!

Can't wait for the next installment.
So happy you're enjoying the report. I assume Sarah's response answered question #1. She's such a stinker! As for #2--I'm not sure exactly, but it wasn't more than a couple minutes walk to either the GCH or the TTC. We were on the third floor, so that added a little bit of time, especially when we all were coming or going because we had to take the elevator. You should check out Tikiman's website. It is all about the POLY and it has exact times to and from certain longhouses and other locations. I think according to that it is only 4 minutes from Tokelau to the Volcano pool, which is further than the GCH. Also, he has some great maps on his site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracirae1105 View Post
subbing!
YAY! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
That is great that everyone got to ride up front in the monorail....I hope to do this in January. Im with your sister on the motion sickness on certain rides, it does seem to be just the rides that you stay stationary and the screen moves that make me sick to because everything else I can ride just fine. That was cute when your daughter asked where the princess castle was...I think maybe she is a Magic Kingdom fan. Oh yeah and the princess mail and scarves are very cute and crafty, high five to your sister. I wish I could do cute girly princess things but god blessed me with a son instead so I will have to find other things to do. By the way your trip report is great so far!
Yea, I think deep down Sarah would love to try Soarin' but it is definitely NOT worth it if you end up sick afterwards! It is such an amazing ride, though Nora definitely was a MK fan. If it was up to her we would have only gone there--(and stared at the castle all day! ) Sarah is very creative and crafty. Nor is lucky to have such a nice Aunnie. I don't know first hand, but I'm sure a son in disney is just as magical as a daughter! Maybe you'll be blessed with a granddaughter some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Oh this is such a fun trip so far - and the scarves are great! Nora is adorable and sounds just like my DD, 2 yrs as well - her fave is 'Rora' (Aurora)
'Rora'--that is so cute! You must be a busy lady with 2 young ones! They are so fun, though, aren't they?! I hope you keep enjoying the trip report. I hope to write some more tonight after bedtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr-ray View Post
Oh my goodness, I love the scarves!!

I wish I had a sewing machine!

Great TR, btw. And I've also been reading your companion food reports!
The scarves worked out perfectly--and were so soft. Being in cold upstate NY Nora and I will definitely get more use out of ours! Thanks for reading our trip reports. Hopefully our experiences will benefit some of you all-I know we have learned so so much from the DISboards!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #27
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy
 
BellaSoleil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,494

I'm so sorry that you didn't have luck with a PTR. It can be a tough crowd on the PTR thread.

I subscribed to this report and the dining report.

I'm almost in tears reading about Nora, because my DD is a bit younger and we haven't taken her yet. (I may use this as a way to coax DH into another trip!) Anyhow, she reminds me so much of my Belle with the Disney obsession and the 'pat-pat-patting'. So adorable!

I hope you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read all about it!
__________________
+ + + + = and





Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyvirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInDisboardland! View Post
Hello! I'm the whimp that won't ride Soarin' - and I'd like to set the record straight! First of all, thank you for the compliments about the scarves My issue with Soarin' is this - and I have explained it to Kelly many a time, but she still insists on making fun of me! I only have motion sickness issues on virtual reality type rides - aka the ones where you are sitting somewhat still and the screen is moving in front of you - so that you feel like you are moving but you aren't. I don't know why, but it just messes with my head and I end up having to close my eyes for the whole thing - so why even go on it? Let me tell you, I learned the hard way on the Back to the Future Ride in Universal Studios a few years back (remember that Kelly?) Came out of that ride white as a ghost Heck, I even feel sick on Mickey's Philharmagic during the Alladin carpet ride part! I don't however get sick on rollarcoasters - and test track isn't all that scary, just fast at the end - no prob! Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

All of the above may be true - but the real reason I don't ride Soarin' is because it is the one ride that mom actually likes to ride so I like to volunteer to stay behind so I can have Nora all to myself hehe...sneaky I know...
Unfortunately it doesn't take much to get me motion sick as I age - so I'll probably have problems with most rides. (That's part of the reason I want to take my girls while they're young - they won't want to go on as many stomach flip-flop rides - other than the tea cups of course.) I can't handle IMAX theaters or that type of thing either. Heck - when I was younger I got sick watching Benji the Hunted in the first row of the theater.

You are mighty sneaky, Sarah - I love the pictures of you with Nora - you can just tell she adores her Aunnie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
So happy you're enjoying the report. I assume Sarah's response answered question #1. She's such a stinker! As for #2--I'm not sure exactly, but it wasn't more than a couple minutes walk to either the GCH or the TTC. We were on the third floor, so that added a little bit of time, especially when we all were coming or going because we had to take the elevator. You should check out Tikiman's website. It is all about the POLY and it has exact times to and from certain longhouses and other locations. I think according to that it is only 4 minutes from Tokelau to the Volcano pool, which is further than the GCH. Also, he has some great maps on his site!
Yes, Sarah's response took care of the first part.

I need to spend some more time on Tikiman's site. I haven't run across the time charts yet. I'll check that out in the next five months or so.

Thanks again for keeping up your report. I'm loving it. Oops - I just sounded like a Mickey D's commercial!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD11) (DD7)
Poly June 2009 - First Trip to WDW - What fun!!!
Next trip - Contemporary June 2014 - Cannot wait!!!
Disneyvirg is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #29
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't take much to get me motion sick as I age - so I'll probably have problems with most rides. (That's part of the reason I want to take my girls while they're young - they won't want to go on as many stomach flip-flop rides - other than the tea cups of course.) I can't handle IMAX theaters or that type of thing either. Heck - when I was younger I got sick watching Benji the Hunted in the first row of the theater.

You are mighty sneaky, Sarah - I love the pictures of you with Nora - you can just tell she adores her Aunnie.



Yes, Sarah's response took care of the first part.

I need to spend some more time on Tikiman's site. I haven't run across the time charts yet. I'll check that out in the next five months or so.

Thanks again for keeping up your report. I'm loving it. Oops - I just sounded like a Mickey D's commercial!
I'm so LOL now singing that McD's commercial in my head! Oh, and 5 months is no time at all! Get Busy!! hehe I'll be posting tomorrow..waiting for Sarah to upload some pics to photobucket. What a slacker!!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #30
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
kkayluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I'm so sorry that you didn't have luck with a PTR. It can be a tough crowd on the PTR thread.

I subscribed to this report and the dining report.

I'm almost in tears reading about Nora, because my DD is a bit younger and we haven't taken her yet. (I may use this as a way to coax DH into another trip!) Anyhow, she reminds me so much of my Belle with the Disney obsession and the 'pat-pat-patting'. So adorable!

I hope you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read all about it!
Awww..what a cutie your daughter is! She is definitely going to love Disney! Isn't it amazing how they just keep getting more and more fun?! I'm glad that you are enjoying my report. I am realizing too late that I just don't know how to not be long-winded--even with typing! I'll definitely be posting more tomorrow!
__________________
medh
dd(7)ds(4)dd(2)
Previous Disney Trips:
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: