Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 AM   #136
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

So, so sorry to hear about this! I was wondering if something had happened; so take your time, we'll be here when you're ready! Meantime, our thoughts are with you.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #137
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So sorry about your FIL.

I loved this report. How fun. Nora is just a doll.
I stole the idea of prncess mail from you guys and have started making up notes for my DD (if anyone wants to see what I have so far, they are on page 6 of my pre trip report...link in my sig) and have bought a few gifts. Some really small and some bigger.
It sounds like you had just a wonderful time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #138
DisneyTabby
I Luv Disney

I just found your trip report and fell in love with it. Sorry for your family's loss and keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by DisneyTabby; 02-24-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #139
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day Six Part 2

Alright guys, I'm back. Back to finish this trip report. When I first starting writing it I had intentions of having it all done by Christmas-ha! How things change! It has certainly been a stressful couple of months for our family, but slowly things are beginning to return to some sort of "normal". For those of you who have stuck with my TR-thank you! Thank you also for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It really means a lot to me.

Before I begin I just have to share this story with you all- I know you guys will appreciate it! So, last night as I was tucking Nora in for the millionth time (the girl doesn't like to miss anything you know) I told her that she needed to go to sleep so we could get up in the morning and go to Target to get dog food for Toby. Okay, she seemed to buy it, I covered her up and off I went. Probably about 10 minutes later I was back in her room trying to reason with her to go to sleep. I said, "Nora, you need to go to sleep. Remember where we are going in the morning?" Her response was priceless: "Mommy, we go to Disneyworld. We bring our scarves!"--haha! I could not believe that she remembered the Mickey scarves from our trip! So cute! So, this morning was not such a nice time, as Nora was not very happy about going to Target instead of DisneyWorld! She was refusing to get in the car and started walking down the driveway saying she was going to DisneyWorld! What have I created?! A Disney Monster! Gotta love it!

Okay, sorry for the detour-onward!

DAY SIX: Part II:

Where oh where did I leave you all? Hmm...let's see...Okay, so we were on the bus back to the POLY. Our day thus far had been a little behind schedule and unfortunately that meant no nap time for Nora or Grammie! We had gotten up a little late and spent more time than planned at the pool that morning, so we were a little off on our itinerary. It was our last full day at Disney, however, and we still wanted to fit in as much as possible. Nora was not about to leave Florida without riding "It's a Small World." After a brief pit stop at our room to change our clothes and repack our stuff we were on our way to the TTC. All week Nora had been watching the Ferry boats go back and forth across the lagoon and had her heart set on riding it. Fortunately we were just in time...as it was getting late in the day there were definitely more guests coming back from the MK than going over to it. Hopefully this meant we could get on IASW and still make it over to EPCOT for our dinner ressie at Tutto Italia. Nora was excited to finally "ride ferry boat, ride ferry boat."

Our destination:

I love the views from the ferry boat.

We made it!

Since me and Sarah's heads were fresh with MK knowledge from the KTTK tour, we were anxious to share it with Mom and Nora. The first thing we did on our way down Main Street was to show them the window with the voice and piano lessons "really" going on!

They were quite impressed, can't you tell?! : P

Next, we made our way over to Fantasyland. You'll notice that there aren't a ton of pics from now until the end of the trip. It's something that happens to every vacation we go on-the pics always dwindle with the remaining time on vacation! Anyway, we had quite a wait for IASW, I think maybe 30 minutes. Does anyone else get annoyed with the stroller parking in Fantasyland?! UGH! Strollers everywhere! Okay, finally we are seated in our second boat of the day..

I really would like to eat on the second story of Pinocchio's Village Haus someday. Sarah, add that to our next itinerary!

Nora loved the ride! We all sang along and I took lots of video clips to make the magic live on at home!

Hidden Mickeys!!

And the only representatives from the United States...

v

Is it over already??

We had a little extra time before our set time to leave MK for EPCOT so we decided to head over to Liberty Square. Mom had yet to ride the Haunted Mansion, so we were hoping the "haunts" would be behaving and the ride would be up and running. We debated as to whether or not to take Nora on HM but of course she really wanted to go. I figured that she really wasn't old enough to understand that it was supposed to be scary. She didn't dissapoint and was so brave! After a short wait we were in the "stretching" room. This is where I thought there might be an issue for Nora. Turns out the one with the problem was me! You know how there is always that one CM that just plays up the role in the HM so well?! Yea, well, there was a female CM who I swear just appeared out of nowhere while we were in the stretching scene. Totally freaked me out--she had that mean, scary look on her face--I literally jumped! What kind of a role model was I being for Nor?! We all squeezed into one "buggy". As we started off Nora said, "Mommy, it's dark in here. Scary". The funny thing was she knew to say that it was scary, but I know she didn't feel scared at all. What must have been going through her little 2-year old head? It was a great ride as usual. The graveyard scene is my absolute favorite. I love the upbeat "Grim Grinning Ghosts!" Ahh..now I have that song in my head! After HM we needed to head for the exit. We had worked up a hunger and were ready to hit Tutto!

We stopped along the way to admire the BEAUTIFUL castle! How lucky is Cinderella?!

"Look Grammie!"

I think I could stare at this all day!

At the beginning of the week if you asked us which meal of all our ADR's we wouldn't be making it to we definitely would have said "Tutto Italia." In fact, we almost canceled it because we figured there was no way we'd be up to an 8:15PM ressie on our last night in Disney. We surprised ourselves that we were all still motivated to go! Plus, we really were craving another great Italian meal--mmmmm! We made it over to EPCOT without any problems (i.e. suspicious packages or bomb sniffing dogs). The one thing we didn't count on, however, was that Italy was almost in the rear center of World Showcase. Which way was quicker? We opted to go left and circle the loop that way. We power walked around, feeling very out of shape and out of breath! Pathetic, I know! We made it to our reservation with time to spare-a vacation first for us, I believe! Sarah went inside to check us in while Mom and I parked the stroller and took Nora for a diaper change. Turns out they didn't have our ADR in the system-ARGH! Fortunately, they weren't overly busy at 8PM so we were seated right away-thank goodness! I didn't power walk that circle just to be denied my big plate of pasta! I'll let Sarah fill you in on all the yummy details, but here are a few pics from the evening.

We had a wonderful meal! We toasted to our last night and reflected on what an amazing vacation it had been. As we do on every trip, we talked about "how much more fun Nora will be next time" and "what will Nora's favorite thing be on our next trip?" I've gotta say, I think that "Princess Castle" will always be what DisneyWorld is all about for Nora!

We left Tutto with overly stuffed bellies, dreading the walk back to the Mon-e-rail, but thankful that we could just hop on the Monorail and not have to wait for a bus! What a fun-filled last day we had! We were definitely ready for bed when we returned to the POLY but NOT ready to wake up and say goodbye to our new home!

Goodnight! (How can that possibly be comfortable?!)

UP NEXT: The most TERRIFYING "thrill" ride we'd ever been on!
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #140
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Great tr love the pics. Can't wait to hear the rest.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #141
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Glad you are back with updates. Sorry it has been so crazy for you. Guess I will have to catch up when I get back. We leave for our first stay at the Poly TOMORROW MORNING!! I cant wait.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #142
AliceInDisboardland!
Earning My Ears

Great post! I promise to stop slacking and do a food post soon!!!
1999: CBR (Dad, Mom, Aunt, Uncle, Sis, Me)
2004: Holiday villas (Dad, Mom, Sis, SisDH, Me)
2007: POR (Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only! )
2008 (Apr): SSR (Mom, Sis, SisDH, DN, Me)
2008 (Nov): Poly!(Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only part II )
Old 03-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #143
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Glad you are back with updates. Sorry it has been so crazy for you. Guess I will have to catch up when I get back. We leave for our first stay at the Poly TOMORROW MORNING!! I cant wait.
Oh my Goodness! That came quick! Have fun! I'm so jealous!
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #144
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

wonderful update! the last full day is always so bittersweet.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yay~! Another installment. You wouldn't even believe how many tips I am using for my trip coming up in 2 days!
I have several presents wrapped and pack for my DD forn the Princess and gang at the world for my DD. I am super excited to see how she reacts to them. Who doesn't like a little surprise?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #146
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I hate the last day almost as much as I hate unpacking once I'm home.

I'm glad to hear they fit you in even though you weren't in the system. Goes to show you how important it is to have your ADR numbers with you.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #147
allshookup
Anymore singalongs and this tag is the first to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
I said, "Nora, you need to go to sleep. Remember where we are going in the morning?" Her response was priceless: "Mommy, we go to Disneyworld. We bring our scarves!"--haha! I could not believe that she remembered the Mickey scarves from our trip! So cute! So, this morning was not such a nice time, as Nora was not very happy about going to Target instead of DisneyWorld! She was refusing to get in the car and started walking down the driveway saying she was going to DisneyWorld! What have I created?! A Disney Monster! Gotta love it!
I'm with ya Nora! I'd rather go to Disney World too!!!

I've really been enjoying your reports! Sorry for your loss!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #148
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I am so glad that you returned to the trip report! It sounds like you ahd a very eventful last full day at WDW! I love those ferry boats!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #149
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
Great tr love the pics. Can't wait to hear the rest.
Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInDisboardland! View Post
Great post! I promise to stop slacking and do a food post soon!!!
We're waiting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
wonderful update! the last full day is always so bittersweet.
Thanks! You are right. Last day is definitely bittersweet! No one likes to see a great vacation come to an end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay~! Another installment. You wouldn't even believe how many tips I am using for my trip coming up in 2 days!
I have several presents wrapped and pack for my DD forn the Princess and gang at the world for my DD. I am super excited to see how she reacts to them. Who doesn't like a little surprise?
Ooooh...Fun! I hope you have a great trip and your daughter likes the"Princess Mail" Come back and tell us all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I hate the last day almost as much as I hate unpacking once I'm home.

I'm glad to hear they fit you in even though you weren't in the system. Goes to show you how important it is to have your ADR numbers with you.
Yes, last day definitely stinks. We were thankful to be fit in to the schedule at Tutto for sure--it was YUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allshookup View Post
I'm with ya Nora! I'd rather go to Disney World too!!!

I've really been enjoying your reports! Sorry for your loss!
Nora just can't get enough of that castle! She had on a Disney princess t-shirt today and she wanted to be in front of a mirror as much as possible just to see the princesses on her shirt! She was so proud of it! hehe. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am so glad that you returned to the trip report! It sounds like you ahd a very eventful last full day at WDW! I love those ferry boats!
for the Ferry boats! I am so ready to go back or at least start planning another trip...waaa....my husband got a pin code in the mail today, but he doesn't seem to be taking the bait! ugh!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #150
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Just absolutely loved your update! What a fantastic way to end a lovely trip, good Italian food, a view of the castle in all its splendor, a "mon-e-rail" ride, and a chance for Nora to whoop it up with the 999 happy haunts.

Glad you are back here with us, looking forward to that "thrill ride". You have me very curious!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: