Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Dreams, Mojo, Food pics and more! TR starts on pg. 4, updated 3/15/09.

Well, as I have alluded to some of you, I am officially starting a PTR! Exciting, I know! As you may have realized, I am the Master of Procrastination. I am starting this PTR before doing any sort of t-shirt making, list making, or packing. No, LL, I have not done any of this yet! However, I did sign up for Photobucket and have uploaded a whopping 10 pictures to share with you! I would share more, but we are not big picture takers. We take the camera with us when we go places, but usually forget to take it out of the bag. So for our first trip together in 2006, there are maybe 10 pics total. Last year we bought a huge new memory card and instead of taking pictures of us, DBF thought it would be nice to take 60 photos of IASW and not much else. I do promise some amateur photography as well as a complete documentary on what we ate on this trip, so don't worry.

Now onto the who, when, and what. This will be our third year in a row of going to Disney. We will have been together for 3 years in November. So, I guess it's officially a tradition for us as we cannot resist FREE FOOD! As you can see in our siggy, DBF was one of the kids I was so jealous of because he went to Disney every year of his life until he was 16! His whole family is Disney addicts and his parents and sister still go every year. I, on the other hand, only went once as a teenager when I was 16. I know, don't feel too bad for me. Here is the who:

At Donald's in 2006:

And at Donald's in 2007:

Also joining us this year will be DBF's Sister, BIL, and two nieces. One of them just turned 3 and has been to Disney a couple of times already, and then there will be the first-timer who will be almost 7 months at the time of the trip. They were not planning on going to Disney this year with the baby, but couldn't resist. So they booked a couple of months after we did and didn't know when we were going, but happened to book almost the exact same dates! So here are the kids:

Riley-3rd birthday

Reese-7 months

Sorry about the pic sizes, some of them don't seem to take to resizing. No pics of DSIL or DBIL. Even though DBF is not my DH, I will refer to his family as if he was to avoid confusion. So that's who's going. I'll wait to see if anyone actually reads this thing and then I will post the When. I know the suspense must be killing you!

~Beka~

1983-1994 - Offsite (Dave as child)
1997 - Offsite (Beka as teenager)
2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
2014 - POP for Food & Wine!

Last edited by LuccaDrake; 03-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait for more!

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_70737 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait for more!
Alright, I've got a reader! Thanks for reading. I guess that means I have to do the When section now.

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Since I have one loyal reader, on to the When. We will be staying at CSR from 9/5-9/12. We had originally booked at POP, but decided to upgrade to a mod this year. So we'll see if it's worth it. We rarely go back to the room to nap and pretty much never use the pool. We did our first year and it was like bath water. Not really refreshing and probably filled with bacteria. Last year we didn't even dip our toes in. However, I have heard that the CSR pool might actually be cooler than most pools so we will give it a try if not only to try out the water slide!

DSIL and family we be staying at their DVC resort which will go unnamed for the sake of the children. They will be showing up a day later than we are and leaving a day later. Good accidental planning! We will only spend a couple of days together as we are park commandos and don't want to be slowed down by kids or have to visit the kiddie areas of the parks just yet. We do want to spend some time with them, just not all our time and they don't expect anything different. Plus, since they booked later than we did, we already had our ADR's and we all know how hard it is to get those! We managed to get together for a couple of meals, but that's about it. We will also be doing the MNSSHP together. So that's the When with a little bit of the What. Hopefully I'll get more readers soon and will continue with the rest of the What.

Here's a pic from last year's MNSSHP to enjoy:

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)

Last edited by LuccaDrake; 08-24-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!! Did I ask what night you are going to MNSSHP yet?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
ktmdooley
Earning My Ears

I'm reading too.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm in!!!! Did I ask what night you are going to MNSSHP yet?
We are going on the 9th. What about you? And thanks for coming along!

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmdooley View Post
I'm reading too.
And I will be posting the What tonight, so stay tuned!

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuccaDrake View Post
We are going on the 9th. What about you? And thanks for coming along!

~Beka~
We are going on the 12th...I'm so excited (and praying the rain holds off for the parade and Hallowishes)
Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I need more pics...how else am I going to say..."there's luccadrake" if I don't have recent pics?!?!? We are going to be there the same days (although I have one extra but I won't rub it in too hard )
Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are going on the 12th...I'm so excited (and praying the rain holds off for the parade and Hallowishes)
I know! I just hope another storm doesn't come through! Last year we went to MNSSHP and it poured and poured and did not let up. They ended up giving people vouchers. Although, it turned out to be admission to the park for a day, but we were able to get them to exchange them for new tickets for this year. However, we are not able to do it until we get there, but I assume they will still be available.

Quote:
I need more pics...how else am I going to say..."there's luccadrake" if I don't have recent pics?!?!? We are going to be there the same days (although I have one extra but I won't rub it in too hard )
What do you mean more pics??? I put up two. Just add 10,20,30 pounds from last year's pic and you'll have recent photos! Okay, okay, here's one from Fenway last month. I must say I did not want to post this pic as I look worse than usual and my hair is all frizzy and poofy from the rain. But for you, I will.

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #12
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

The What

Here is what we have planned:

9/5-Arrive at MCO @5:30
Dinner at Pepper Market to test my food picture-taking skills and then head to a park for a couple of hours.

9/6-Animal Kingdom
Yak and Yeti @4:30

9/7-Hollywood Studios
Mama Melrose dinner package @5:10

9/8-SeaWorld
Hollywood Studios has late EMH
CS for breakfast and dinner

9/9-Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s @7:30
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern @4:20

9/10-Epcot
Lunch at Le Cellier @11:30
Dinner at Coral Reef @5:00

9/11-Free Day/Downtown Disney
Dinner at Kona Café @5:20

9/12-Poly for Tonga Toast @Captain Cooks and maybe a few rides at MK
Plane leaves @2:30

That is the basics. The Sea World day is tentative still, but I'm pretty sure we'll go. I wanted to do something a little different than the past two years. I'm just not sure I want to spend the extra money when I have an expensive dog who really needs his teeth cleaned (an Italian Greyhound who is prone to peridontal disease and has Epilepsy) and I'm torn between doing it before or after we go. They are getting pretty bad and there is only so much he'll let me do with a toothbrush. Also, our non-expensive dog also needs to go to the vet for some routine stuff. But I apparently forgot about it and now it's overdue but not as important as teeth cleaning for the other one. Between the two of them I'm looking at 400 bucks! Hmm...what to do, what to do. Do I really want to spend 120 on SeaWorld??? Hmm, maybe you guys can give me some insight. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but things are tight here as they are for everyone else. Sorry about the half itinerary/half rant. Here's a pic of my kids, Lucca and Drake. Lucca is the IG and Drake is a very pitiful Pitbull. We call him Eeyore most of the time as he is mopey no matter how much attention you give him!

Last Halloween. Little prisoner.

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What do you mean more pics??? I put up two. Just add 10,20,30 pounds from last year's pic and you'll have recent photos! Okay, okay, here's one from Fenway last month. I must say I did not want to post this pic as I look worse than usual and my hair is all frizzy and poofy from the rain. But for you, I will.

~Beka~
Ok if that if your hair "poofy and frizzy", please don't look for me at Disney!!! I turn into a poodle...and I have straight hair!

Quote:
Here is what we have planned:

9/5-Arrive at MCO @5:30
Dinner at Pepper Market to test my food picture-taking skills and then head to a park for a couple of hours.

9/6-Animal Kingdom
Yak and Yeti @4:30

9/7-Hollywood Studios
Mama Melrose dinner package @5:10

9/8-SeaWorld
Hollywood Studios has late EMH
CS for breakfast and dinner

9/9-Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s @7:30
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern @4:20

9/10-Epcot
Lunch at Le Cellier @11:30
Dinner at Coral Reef @5:00

9/11-Free Day/Downtown Disney
Dinner at Kona Café @5:20

9/12-Poly for Tonga Toast @Captain Cooks and maybe a few rides at MK
Plane leaves @2:30

~Beka~
Yay, we are going to MK on the 9th and Epcot on the 10th. Make sure to look for us! Or remind me to give you my cell phone number.

The furbabies are gorgeous! I love them!!!

My opinion on Sea World is that it's really fun and a must do experience. But since your babies need a little work done...maybe you can hold out for when you can do the whole experience (Sea World/Aquatica) and have some extra cash. Good reason to take another trip!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok if that if your hair "poofy and frizzy", please don't look for me at Disney!!! I turn into a poodle...and I have straight hair!

Yay, we are going to MK on the 9th and Epcot on the 10th. Make sure to look for us! Or remind me to give you my cell phone number.

The furbabies are gorgeous! I love them!!!

My opinion on Sea World is that it's really fun and a must do experience. But since your babies need a little work done...maybe you can hold out for when you can do the whole experience (Sea World/Aquatica) and have some extra cash. Good reason to take another trip!
NO worries, it gets worse at Disney and my hair is pretty much straight with a little waviness that gets worse with humidity! It's okay though, the disboards are not a beauty pageant!

And thanks about the "furbabies"!

Also scheduled the teeth cleaning for tomorrow as the dog is more important than SeaWorld. I was mostly anal about saving the extra 20 bucks by purchasing the tix early. But, the teeth cleaning is going to cost 30 bucks less as the blood work they usually do was just done a couple of months ago! So it all works out! I will just buy Seaworld tix at the door and pay a bit more. Oh, and we should def. exchange cell #'s. Although DBF is already a little irritated that we are meeting some people in the parks already. I told him, you're the one that found the site and got me hooked!

~Beka~

2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
Old 08-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #15
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
NO worries, it gets worse at Disney and my hair is pretty much straight with a little waviness that gets worse with humidity! It's okay though, the disboards are not a beauty pageant!

And thanks about the "furbabies"!

Also scheduled the teeth cleaning for tomorrow as the dog is more important than SeaWorld. I was mostly anal about saving the extra 20 bucks by purchasing the tix early. But, the teeth cleaning is going to cost 30 bucks less as the blood work they usually do was just done a couple of months ago! So it all works out! I will just buy Seaworld tix at the door and pay a bit more. Oh, and we should def. exchange cell #'s. Although DBF is already a little irritated that we are meeting some people in the parks already. I told him, you're the one that found the site and got me hooked!

~Beka~

Glad it all worked out. I think I need to bring cheat sheets with everyone's info and pictures with me to Disney. Seems like everyone is going to Ecpot on the 10th so I'm hoping to at least be able say HI to some DISers while we are there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: