DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #811
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran
 
BWV Dreamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
The link isn't working.
When you see page not found, click the "home" link, then it comes up!
__________________
Hope

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #812
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran
 
mousescrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 4,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Duck View Post
Thanks to jonesmatNY for taking a photo of the BLT map and posting it on his live Blog:
http://www.blt-dvc.blogspot.com/

thanks for th link...nice to read some real guest reactions...and see a map...maybe a more updated one will be out later
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #813
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder


 
3guysandagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,245

Count us in!!!

We have 280pts and are going for our first trip Home Dec 1-15/09 with a LV studio for the first week and a 1Br LV for the second week (MK view waitlisted for both).

Now a shameless plug for a thread I just started....

BLT pics by WebmasterCorey and the DisUnplugged review of BLT...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249569
__________________

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
3guysandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #814
kjb9220
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9

Late to this party but happy to join

1st time owner at DVC; 272 points at BLT. First trip 1/23/10 - 1/30/10; 1 BR with Magic Kingdom view - can't wait!!
kjb9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #815
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran
 
Coach Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb9220 View Post
1st time owner at DVC; 272 points at BLT. First trip 1/23/10 - 1/30/10; 1 BR with Magic Kingdom view - can't wait!!
Cool, Welcome Home!

I just made my first ressie at BLT. 1 BR, MK view for July 1-7. To say excited is an understatement!
__________________
Coach Rick


Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #816
Chernabog#1fan
DVCOwner
 
Chernabog#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 443

We stayed last night at BLT for opening night. I very much loved the resort. The beds were the most comfortable beds at WDW.

I did have one issue with the extra bathroom that is in the living room. There are no locks on those doors. If you are staying with a group of people, it can be challenging if a child does not understand not to open the door if it is closed. The bathrooms in the bedroom do not have a lock either, but the bedroom door does so it makes it a non issue. What I found weird is that the THV do not have locks either. I am not quite sure the line of thinking in this decision.
Chernabog#1fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #817
Tara
Bad Influence
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 5,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Duck View Post
Thanks to jonesmatNY for taking a photo of the BLT map and posting it on his live Blog:
http://www.blt-dvc.blogspot.com/

At last, the science of BLT room numbering is explained!
__________________
-Tara

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #818
cindy_k
Living Warm and Happy in Florida
 
cindy_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 1,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog#1fan View Post
We stayed last night at BLT for opening night. I very much loved the resort. The beds were the most comfortable beds at WDW.

I did have one issue with the extra bathroom that is in the living room. There are no locks on those doors. If you are staying with a group of people, it can be challenging if a child does not understand not to open the door if it is closed. The bathrooms in the bedroom do not have a lock either, but the bedroom door does so it makes it a non issue. What I found weird is that the THV do not have locks either. I am not quite sure the line of thinking in this decision.
Jack on allears.net also mentioned that the extra bathroom door on his unit didn't close tight and that it made it so that the people in the living area could hear all the private noises that happen in the bathroom clearly.

Did you notice a similiar issue?
__________________
Lakeland, FL... 30 minutes from the most wonderful place on Earth!
cindy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #819
kjb9220
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9

I can't wait to see some of the pictures of that MK view now that people are in there. I've heard that some people were even able to see the fireworks from their balcony despite having a Lake view location.
kjb9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #820
Chernabog#1fan
DVCOwner
 
Chernabog#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_k View Post
Jack on allears.net also mentioned that the extra bathroom door on his unit didn't close tight and that it made it so that the people in the living area could hear all the private noises that happen in the bathroom clearly.

Did you notice a similiar issue?
Yes, this is the case. It does not close completely and you could if you were looking, see the person through the crack.
Chernabog#1fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #821
kmann728
Earning My Ears
 
kmann728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: the frozen tundra of Connecticut
Posts: 71

Add me to the New Owners of BLT group I had been thinking about buying into DVC for years. My best friend is a DVC owner and she was chatting with a DVC CM at a booth in MK and the CM convinced us to check out the presentation that DVC was doing at BLT and I fell in love! MK is my favorite park and that made it too much to resist!
Unfortunately my first trip "home" won't be until Aug of next year!
__________________
-Kelly


kmann728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:41 AM   #822
DVC Mike


DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV
 
DVC Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 550 miles from WDW
Posts: 4,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann728 View Post
Add me to the New Owners of BLT group I had been thinking about buying into DVC for years. My best friend is a DVC owner and she was chatting with a DVC CM at a booth in MK and the CM convinced us to check out the presentation that DVC was doing at BLT and I fell in love! MK is my favorite park and that made it too much to resist!
Unfortunately my first trip "home" won't be until Aug of next year!
Congrats and Welcome Home!
__________________
My Disney photos on Flickr

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #823
kmann728
Earning My Ears
 
kmann728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: the frozen tundra of Connecticut
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
Congrats and Welcome Home!
Thanks! I'm very excited and can't wait to book my first trip!
__________________
-Kelly


kmann728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #824
dahall
Mouseketeer
 
dahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 143

We re counting down our days until first HOME B-day trip at the end of Sept. We talked about DVC for years as well but the last trip we finally did it.
Our boys will turn 4 and 8 looking at the fireworks from a Magic Kingdom view at BLT! We are so excited looking at all the pictures and updates. Thanks everyone.
dahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #825
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?
 
HomeschoolMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 5,748

I just changed my trip in March to a week long stay in a 1 bedroom with a Bay Lake view.
__________________
HomeschoolMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.