DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #766
tmgandolph
Mouseketeer

I have never been to F&W but have stayed a few times in Oct. Strange! Just always seemed to miss it. Never caught the F&W bug but want to try attend it sometime.
Hope to see you there!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #767
tmgandolph
Mouseketeer

I have never been to F&W but have stayed a few times in Oct. Strange! Just always seemed to miss it. Never caught the F&W bug but want to try attend it sometime.
Hope to see you there!
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #768
fitzpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvndisney View Post
I'll be there for opening day!! staying August 4th-8th Studio MK view....and can't wait
Please lets us know the details when you return.

fitzpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #769
Ronald Duck
Another Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monetnj View Post
Anyway, here are my pics from the terrace.
THANKS for the great pics...I can't get enough of them!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #770
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

I am almost scared to post it, b/c we haven't even signed the papers yet, but my down payment has been run and the papers are on their way to us! My guide did give me a ID #, and I called MS just to see, I was in the system, so I went ahead and grabbed one of those MK views while I could! I will be making my first trip home June 19-26 in a MK view studio!!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #771
DVCGeek
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home (almost?) flipflopmom!

| | | Owner @ DVC's BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day Charter Member | | |
DVCGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #772
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
I am almost scared to post it, b/c we haven't even signed the papers yet, but my down payment has been run and the papers are on their way to us! My guide did give me a ID #, and I called MS just to see, I was in the system, so I went ahead and grabbed one of those MK views while I could! I will be making my first trip home June 19-26 in a MK view studio!!
Welcome home neighbor!!!

Congrats on the new contract and also congrats on getting a MK studio!!! As you posted earlier this week, only 20 MK view studios (and 20 MK view 1BRs) will make them very difficult to get.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #773
jguner
Earning My Ears

Signature

How do i get the BLT signature???
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #774
WIDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I am happy to say add us to the list!!!! 320 points and our first trip home will be in July or August of next summer
Bay Lake Tower 7/10,7/11,8/12,7/13,8/14,12/14 - Kidani Village 12/10 - Polynesian GVC 8/03,7/04,6/07,7/08 LVC 7/06, GV 7/09 - Wilderness Lodge 6/05,7/08 - All Star Movies 1/09 - All Star Sports 11/14 - Doubletree Downtown Disney 12/07
WIDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #775
the who #3
DIS Veteran

Smile blt founder

those last pictures taken from blt at night are just outstanding. one of the best pictures of the castle that i have ever seen.

boy, i can not wait to come home.home everyone!

i will be there in sept. and will be looking for my tile. i sure hope it's there. i will be bringing the grandchildren in nov. and their names are on the tile. i hope i can show it to them.

this thread is a better sales tool that the guides. i am already thinking of another blt add-on to my 205 pts.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #776
Mr_Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the who #3 View Post
those last pictures taken from blt at night are just outstanding. one of the best pictures of the castle that i have ever seen.

boy, i can not wait to come home.home everyone!

i will be there in sept. and will be looking for my tile. i sure hope it's there. i will be bringing the grandchildren in nov. and their names are on the tile. i hope i can show it to them.

this thread is a better sales tool that the guides. i am already thinking of another blt add-on to my 205 pts.
When I took the BLT tour on July 12 I was able to walk around back to see the Tempo Fountain. My avatar is a photo I took of it. I walked around the whole fountain once and didn't see our tile. Then, a little more calmly, I focused and saw it. We are right along the water's edge. I was amazed at how central the fountain is. When you look from the main entrance through the lobby you can see it bubbling away. I loved the inscriptions people had chosen. Lots of "dreams come true" and even one or two references to "my laughing place". I was also surprised at how many fellow Rhode Islanders I saw. Maybe you can get someone to send you a photo of your tile once BLT officially opens--but probably it will be more exciting to just discover it on your own with your grandchildren! I didn't expect to see the fountain until my first trip home at Christmas so this was a real treat for me.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #777
fitzpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguner View Post
How do i get the BLT signature???
Look at post #701, and you do need the brackets.

fitzpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #778
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

It looks like a lot of us are first time buyers - anyone else stressing over their purchase yet? I am so excited! I have buyer's remorse before I get in the car if I buy new toothpaste, so of course a 51 year contract will get me!

Of course, I haven't even signed the papers yet, they haven't gotten here. It's hard not to get caught up in the magic of a recent WDW trip! But my theory is that I am buying a way to get that magic more often!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #779
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDisneyFan View Post
I am happy to say add us to the list!!!! 320 points and our first trip home will be in July or August of next summer
Congratulations!!!

Welcome Home!!! (From another Wisconsinite BLT owner. DW's from Brown Deer.)

Dan
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #780
DVCGeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
It looks like a lot of us are first time buyers - anyone else stressing over their purchase yet?
I have occasionally stressed some just on the off chance that somehow I am disappointed with DVC accommodations or the cost skyrockets and the value vs. Disney hotels is lost. You read horror stories about unclean rooms and poor upkeep or problems making reservations and sometimes I get a twinge of fear. After I calculate point purchase cost and dues over the life of the contract my planned stays cost me roughly what a moderate or preferred location value would have depending on the resort & season. I've enjoyed stays at Values but was mainly wanting a king (or at least queen) bed and never managed to get one there. So a DVC studio with a queen will be a nice step up. I've stayed in deluxes as a kid several times (including Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary garden wing, both standard view rooms) and do like to visit them, I just always had trouble justifying the price. I also stayed once (on developer's points!) @ the Grand Californian Hotel and DW & I LOVED that, thus the add-on there! Before buying BLT I had a "cash" standard view room at Paradise Pier booked for that trip...

But all in all, I am excited and happy 99% of the time. Plus, I've already booked out all my 2009 BLT & VGC points + borrowed most of my BLT Aug. 2010 UY's points into my 2009 UY. That done, we have 3 trips totaling 15 nights for us booked already, so lots to look forward to!!! Studios currently booked: 2 nights VWL + 1 SSR in Oct., 6 BLT LV after Thanksgiving, 6 BLT MK view including DW's Feb. 4th BD, and for my parents 3 BLT SV in Feb. (they always book standard views, usually at Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans each trip, and told me not to "waste" extra points on a view for them- they'd just like to check out our MK view room since they are coming during part of our 3rd trip...)

I'll find out soon enough how happy I am with my purchase, and I think & hope I'll be a very satisfied member for the life of my contract!

| | | Owner @ DVC's BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day Charter Member | | |
DVCGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: