DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #1516
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Completed First Stay

We returned from our first trip home to BLT on June 24th. We have had a flurry of activity since returning and I hadn't had a chance to post. I have to admit I had some apprehension about what to expect since I have read as many negative comments as positive about BLT, maybe a few more negative, actually. I am happy to say that we absolutely loved it and didn't experience any of the issue that seem to have plagued so many. Not sure if we got lucky or that I was so prepared for the worst that my expections had been lowered.

Our room was in great shape. There were some scratches although not that noticeable on the kitchen table and a few on the side table in the living room. Though I don't think that bad or excessive. The one set of lower cabinets in the kitchen did seem to have a strange white speckle stain on them. I did try to wipe it/clean it from the cabinet door but it didn't work. Other than that I didn't think our room showed any signs of wear and tear or excessive damage. Again we may have gotten lucky with our room assignment.

We didn't get one of those LV "MK" view rooms. We were on the other side, 14th floor and overlooked the marina with a great view of Space Ship Earth and Bay Lake. We view much enjoyed the view and were pleased.

Overall BLT was lovely. The decor, not our style so to speak was tasteful and well done. I loved all the artwork through the building. I agree it does have condo like feel, which my kids (14, 17) actually liked.

The walk to the MK was amazing, it can't be beat. We had a 8:05 at the CP for breakfast, we left at 7:50 and arrived perfectly on time, one of the first to be seated. Finished breakfast in time for plenty of pics on an empty main street and over to Space Mountain for RD.

The walk to the CR for supplies or snacks is no problem, just a few minutes and you are there. The work out area was fine for me, I only run on a treadmill. My 17 year old son said it was fine for his weightlifting and running as well. The BLT pool is just okay but I think to small. Cast members certainly keep the young ones busy which I thought was great. We preferred the CR pool over the DVC one.

Having Sammy Duvall's that close was a real treat. We always do tubing so leaving 5 minutes before our reservation and walking over was great.

Top of the World Lounge was as wonderful as I hoped and we just loved it. I will hate to see that perk taken away.

In short, BLT was amazing and we were very pleased with our home resort and our first stay. If that is where we will be "stuck" the next 48 years that is just fine with us!

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #1517
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
We returned from our first trip home to BLT on June 24th. We have had a flurry of activity since returning and I hadn't had a chance to post. I have to admit I had some apprehension about what to expect since I have read as many negative comments as positive about BLT, maybe a few more negative, actually. I am happy to say that we absolutely loved it and didn't experience any of the issue that seem to have plagued so many. Not sure if we got lucky or that I was so prepared for the worst that my expections had been lowered.

Our room was in great shape. There were some scratches although not that noticeable on the kitchen table and a few on the side table in the living room. Though I don't think that bad or excessive. The one set of lower cabinets in the kitchen did seem to have a strange white speckle stain on them. I did try to wipe it/clean it from the cabinet door but it didn't work. Other than that I didn't think our room showed any signs of wear and tear or excessive damage. Again we may have gotten lucky with our room assignment.

We didn't get one of those LV "MK" view rooms. We were on the other side, 14th floor and overlooked the marina with a great view of Space Ship Earth and Bay Lake. We view much enjoyed the view and were pleased.

Overall BLT was lovely. The decor, not our style so to speak was tasteful and well done. I loved all the artwork through the building. I agree it does have condo like feel, which my kids (14, 17) actually liked.

The walk to the MK was amazing, it can't be beat. We had a 8:05 at the CP for breakfast, we left at 7:50 and arrived perfectly on time, one of the first to be seated. Finished breakfast in time for plenty of pics on an empty main street and over to Space Mountain for RD.

The walk to the CR for supplies or snacks is no problem, just a few minutes and you are there. The work out area was fine for me, I only run on a treadmill. My 17 year old son said it was fine for his weightlifting and running as well. The BLT pool is just okay but I think to small. Cast members certainly keep the young ones busy which I thought was great. We preferred the CR pool over the DVC one.

Having Sammy Duvall's that close was a real treat. We always do tubing so leaving 5 minutes before our reservation and walking over was great.

Top of the World Lounge was as wonderful as I hoped and we just loved it. I will hate to see that perk taken away.

In short, BLT was amazing and we were very pleased with our home resort and our first stay. If that is where we will be "stuck" the next 48 years that is just fine with us!
Thank you so much for the review, I too have a tiny bit of anxiety about staying at BLT for our upcoming 1st trip home. Your review has made me feel a bit more at ease. I guess if we love it (and I am hoping we do) it valadates our DVC purchase as a "good" one and if we don't or have any issues there's that little gray cloud.....I just want it to be a great experience...26 more days
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #1518
mdsd8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell3747 View Post
Thank you so much for the review, I too have a tiny bit of anxiety about staying at BLT for our upcoming 1st trip home. Your review has made me feel a bit more at ease. I guess if we love it (and I am hoping we do) it valadates our DVC purchase as a "good" one and if we don't or have any issues there's that little gray cloud.....I just want it to be a great experience...26 more days
I completely understand your anxiety! I really did feel the same. My cousin also own BLT and had already stayed there so she eased my fears as well. She is another very happy BLT owner. I am betting you will have a great experience, it really is a wonderful place. Only 26 more days to go, very exciting! Please post when you return and give us your thoughts! Enjoy your trip!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #1519
eveshepherd
Future Disneyworld Bride 2012

New owner of BLT here! We bought into DVC last August and stayed a week at AKV last October. Just had our first trip to BLT this May and are coming back in Jan of 2012 for our Disney Wedding planning session so we booked a few nights for our stay, and then we'll be there for almost two weeks during our May 2012 wedding! Love being a DVC member!
eveshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #1520
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveshepherd View Post
New owner of BLT here! We bought into DVC last August and stayed a week at AKV last October. Just had our first trip to BLT this May and are coming back in Jan of 2012 for our Disney Wedding planning session so we booked a few nights for our stay, and then we'll be there for almost two weeks during our May 2012 wedding! Love being a DVC member!
Congrats on the up coming nuptials and all you trips....we are renewing our vows at Disney for our 10 yr anniversary in 2014....my dream "wedding"

Having DVC is so exciting
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #1521
ffcheff
Mouseketeer

We returned from our second trip to BLT on the 25th. We had a great time. Our room was in good shape except for the outlet strip in the desk in the bedroom, it was missing a screw which held it to the frame. Other than that just a scratch here and there nothing major. Only disappointment was our lake view from the second floor. I think they were stretching it calling the view from 7236 a lake view and not standard. But I agree that the community room staff and resort staff were great, a definate treasure for families like mine with two kids under five.
ffcheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #1522
jackdis
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!
Does anyone know what the brand/name of the bread is that is used for the turkey sandwich at the Contempo Cafe????? (It seems like some sort of multi grain with sunflower seeds......mmmmm......) Those are my favorite sandwiches!! Thanks!
1990 WDW Grad Nite 2003 Swan and Dolphin Disney Wonder Aug. 2004 Hawaii June 2005 POFQ April 2006 CBR June-July 2006 POP Aug. 2006 POP February 2007 HawaiiMar.-Apr. 2007 POPJuly NCL Cruise to Bermuda Aug.-Sept. 2007 POP November 2007 POP Feb. 2008 NOLA/Carnival Cruise to Mexico March2008POPMay 2008 RCCL Bahamas/EPCOTAugust 2008 POLY CL Dec. 08/Jan. 09 CBR Feb. 2009 POFQ JULY 2009 POLY CL
March 2010 BLT JULY 2010 BLTFeb 2011 1 night at BLT post cruiseJULY 2011 BLT
July 2012 Off property
July 2013 BLT/AKL
jackdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #1523
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Location: Two stars to the right and straight on until morning

Quote:

I hadn't heard they were taking the Top of the World lounge perk away...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #1524
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
Owners have been theorizing that Disney will take away access since the lounge is technically owned by Disney and not DVD. AFAIK, there is no current plan to take away TotW access.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #1525
Bobsdisneymoney
Earning My Ears

I LOVED that bread too!!! We went to BLT last June and I am still thinking about that turkey sandwich!!!!!
Joined DVC- Saratoga Springs! - Nov. 2005
Disney Hilton Head- DH, DS, DD & I- August 2006
Saratoga Springs- DH, DS, DD & I - Nov. 2006
Disneyland business trip Sept. 2008- Paradise Pier
Villas Wilderness Lodge - November 2008 w/best friends!!
Bay Lake Tower - DH, DS, DD, & I -June 2010
Disney Hilton Head - DH, DS, DD, Friends & I 2012
Off Property - 2013 - DS, DD, & I - Chorus trip Spring Break
Off Property - 2013- Friends and I Educational Conference - Summer - One day - MK & Epcot
Bobsdisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #1526
mdsd8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
No I haven't either, I was really talking of all the rumors that I have read that eventually the lounge will not be ours to use, but definately no confirmation as of yet although a waitress did make mention of it when we where there, but of course that is also nothing more than specualtion. I hope we get to keep it forever! I think it is a great perk and I would be sorry to see it go.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #1527
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

Quote:
No I haven't either, I was really talking of all the rumors that I have read that eventually the lounge will not be ours to use, but definately no confirmation as of yet although a waitress did make mention of it when we where there, but of course that is also nothing more than specualtion. I hope we get to keep it forever! I think it is a great perk and I would be sorry to see it go.
Well, if they did take it away from DVC members, WHO would get to use it? It seems an odd choice.

YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! NEXT CRUISE is DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas and then WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA!
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #1528
mdsd8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura View Post
Well, if they did take it away from DVC members, WHO would get to use it? It seems an odd choice.
I have pretty much been reading along with what has been posted here since we purchased a little of a year ago. The prevailing thought I believe is that it would be rented out for private parties and used by businesses for different functions. It appears that the TOWL doesn't make much profit and if Disney were to "rent it out" it would then be a big money maker for them. There as far as I know hasn't been any offical word on this so who knows what could end up happening.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #1529
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have pretty much been reading along with what has been posted here since we purchased a little of a year ago. The prevailing thought I believe is that it would be rented out for private parties and used by businesses for different functions. It appears that the TOWL doesn't make much profit and if Disney were to "rent it out" it would then be a big money maker for them. There as far as I know hasn't been any offical word on this so who knows what could end up happening.
I personally hope that they open it up to more people first before shutting it down. They could probably make it more profitable by openning admission to everyone staying at BLT rather than just members. Or if that doesn't work, maybe open it to all DVC members. I really like having the exclusive lounge, but I'd be willing to give up some of the exclusivity in order to keep the lounge.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #1530
ospopo5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
I personally hope that they open it up to more people first before shutting it down. They could probably make it more profitable by openning admission to everyone staying at BLT rather than just members. Or if that doesn't work, maybe open it to all DVC members. I really like having the exclusive lounge, but I'd be willing to give up some of the exclusivity in order to keep the lounge.
I would hate for it to be a private venue only as well. That would mean that tons of people outside of the resort would be coming into the building.

I wouldn't mind if they were just BLT guests or other DVC members.
ospopo5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: