Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #76
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 wrap up...

So we left off waiting to use our Fastpasses for The Jungle Cruise, we finally made it aboard and had a fun ride. Our captain wasn't the funniest one we've ever had...she had some pretty bad jokes, I found myself really forcing myself to "laugh"...even smile at some points. Which surprised me, but maybe I was just tired at this point in the day? The kids really liked the ride and all of the animals and suprisingly enough, I didn't take one picture!!! Sorry but if my memory serves me correctly, Cole was a bit of a handful at this point, he was up and down and all around and Mommy was on duty now.

After the Jungle Cruise, we decided to head back through Frontierland and towards our dinner location, slowly. We decided to stop at The Country Bear Jamboree and watch that show, we always like this show and all the kids did, too. It's entertaining....

As we continued to walk through Frontierland, we decided to see if the Haunted Mansion was ready for us. This took some convincing for Zach and Hailey to ride...they were very nervous, but were good sports and we went for it. It had a 20 minute wait, but we had time before dinner, so we went for it. I rode with Hailey and Zach and they clung onto me for dear life through this ride, but were ready to ride again when it was all done. Gotta love HM, it's a classic!

At this point, it was time for dinner at Tony's Town Square. We were ready to have some down time and a good meal and call it a day....our dinner ressie was at 5:35 p.m and they were ready for us!

We had an enjoyable dinner, Tracey and I had the chicked parm and Todd and Adam had the sirlion, I'm not sure if they chose that because it sounded good or because it was the most expensive thing on the menu? They were giving Tracey and I a hard time getting chicken and pasta cause it was the least expensive meal on the menu and we paid for the dining plan.

We had a great surprise when we finished dinner....coming up next!!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #77
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 end...

As we walked out of Tony's we had a wonderful surprise!! It was the Spectramagic parade! We had never seen this before and as we walked out the streets were lined with people but somehow we lucked out and had a great view from the steps of Tony's.

Here are some pics....they aren't the best (sorry!), we aren't great with night pics!!

Here is a picture of Todd holding the boys....he was sweating so badly and was ready to fall over holding Lucas on his back and Ethan in the front, but the boys were happy!!

Minnie!!

As the parade was finishing up, we decided we better head out, the park was closing at 8 and it was about 7:30 or so and we didn't want to get stuck in all the crowds so we made our way out as quick as we could. We were all tired and we had a great first day!

By the time we got back to Pop, Cole was asleep and so was Zach, it was time to call it a day. When we got into our room, this is what we found...

and here are some pictures of poor sleepy baby Cole, Lukey put his "ears" on him....lol!!

and here is what Mousekeeping left us, as well..

I think it's a swan? Any guesses...it was cute, though!!

And that completes our first day in the parks! We decided to keep a list of our best/worst things of the day....

Our Best? how excited the kids were to be there and to be together!!
The worst? the crowds and Ethan's cold....neither were horrible, but we could have done without both of them!!

Stay tuned to see what time we got up on Tuesday and see if we made it to the park opening at Epcot this day?! We had a lot of laughs on Tuesday....hope you'll continue to read along!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #78
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Oh no!! Did I lose my readers?!! Hope not! Hoping to update later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #79
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

How awesome that you were in the perfect spot to see Spectromagic! It's those unplanned Disney moments that are always the best.

Cole is too cute sleeping with his ears on.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #80
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Epcot here we come!!

Tuesday was going to be our Epcot day, we were really looking forward to it. We found we floundered a bit on Monday at MK and didn't get done as much as we wanted to, so before bed last night we decided to meet out on the "deck" in front of our rooms and go through the map and decide what our plan of attack was. We had lunch ressies at Le Celliar and we had heard such great reviews for it and couldn't wait to eat there and we couldn't wait to check our Soarin' for the first time, too!!

We had our wake up call for 6 a.m again today. It was sunny and warm and today was high in the 80's, it felt so good. We headed down to the Everything Pop for breakfast, here are some pictures on the way....

Hailey and Cole were so cute together.....she was like a little Mommy the while week, always looking to help.

This shows how small the kids are and how big the Mickey Phone was...

and a close up, or two...

and I jumped in....I thought this was a cute pic...

And some views of the area we were in at POP....

We had our quick breakfast at the food court and headed our way to Epcot. We had a plan today and nothing was going to get in our way!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #81
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How awesome that you were in the perfect spot to see Spectromagic! It's those unplanned Disney moments that are always the best.

Cole is too cute sleeping with his ears on.
You're so right, LL!! It's those little magical moments that you don't expect that make it even that much more magical!! Thanks for reading!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #82
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Ooohhh... Epcot is our favorite park! I can't wait to read about your day there.
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #83
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your Pop pictures. We stayed in the 50's section and didn't venture too far from there. We were just too tired at the end of the day to go take pictures or go exploring.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #84
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Epcot continued....

We headed to the bus stop, we were on our way to Epcot! We had decided the night before that since we really wanted to ride Soarin' that the guys would go right for the Fastpasses and we girls would take all the kids and go to the character meet and greet. After we got through the turnstiles, this is what we saw. Itw as beautiful!!

some of our friends....

Me and the kids

And a couple of our family

Now it was time for our plan of attack....Adam, Todd & Cole (since he was riding in the baby backpack on Todd's back) were off for the Fastpasses for us while we went to wait in line to see the characters and get some autographs. We were seperated about 15 minutes or so, Tracey, the kids and I made it through most of the line by the time the guys got back. Funny story about the guys going off on their own....since Adam and Tracey would be celebrating their 10 year anniversary this week, they were wearing their pins. Well, Todd & Adam were repeatedly wished a Happy Anniversary since they were together a lot and we had the kids. We had a lot of laughs about this....and the guys just went with it since it took more time to explain.

Anyways, here is some pictures from the character meet and greet, we got a lot of them.....

Grand gathering shot....we have better pictures from our Photopass, but haven't ordered the CD yet, sorry!!

Seeing the real Mickey for the first time!!

You can tell Cole wasn't too sure about this still...we were trying!!

Cole keeping a close eye on Pluto!

The boys getting autographs from Minnie....they were really getting into this now!

And then it was Donald's turn....I have to tell you, we had SO much fun with Donald!!! He was really funny....he was running away and the CM's had to keep going to get him and he was really playing with Lucas and Ethan, they were chasing him and it was too cute! This is when I wish we had brought the video camera with us..oh well.

Cute little Lucas waiting patiently for Donald's siggy....

They offered to take a family pic for us.....it was nice....Tracey and Adam were through already with the kids, so we didn't get anymore pics with them in here.

Last, but not least, Goofy...

I love that Character meet and greet, it's so nice to see them all in one place and the kids get soo excited!

We had some time before our Fastpass for Soarin', I'm pretty sure we could go back about 11:30 and we had a lunch ressie today at Le Celliar, so it was a close call....stayed tuned to see if we made it!!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #85
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Ooohhh... Epcot is our favorite park! I can't wait to read about your day there.
Hope you're not disappointed!!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #86
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm loving your Pop pictures. We stayed in the 50's section and didn't venture too far from there. We were just too tired at the end of the day to go take pictures or go exploring.
Isn't that the truth, it's a shame how many pictures I missed out on at POP! We were so tired at the end of the day or too busy getting someplace at the beginning of the day we never explored. Oh well, next time! But I"m with you, I love reading others reports at POP to see what I missed......there just wasn't enough hours in the day!!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #87
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Awww all the character pics are so cute!! It is too funny about the anniversry pins LOL!! Oh well, nice to know how easy going it is there...everyones happy place

I love Epcot... so do my kids! I hope yours all did too

Paula
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #89
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! Love Epcot! That was such a beautiful day. That is SOOOOO funny about your DH and the anniversary pin.

I showed my girls your pictures this morning...they loved the foosball men and the Big Wheel. I can't believe how big they are in relation to people. They're HUGE!!! The kids must have thought that was amazing...always wonder what must be going through their heads, when they see these things.

Can't wait to sit down and chat more...this has been a crazy couple of days at work!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #90
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hey!

Just left you a message and then saw that you just got back from your trip. I am just starting to read it and will comment as you go but wanted you to know I was here and that I'm incredibly jealous,lol.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: