Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #61
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great update!! I haven't ridden Dumbo since I was itty bitty. Might be time to go back. Don't you just love the moments in WDW that cause you to flashback to your own childhood? Those are my favorite. And now you're giving the same gift to your kids!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #62
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

I haven't ridden any of the fantasyland rides since I was 5 or 6! I guess its a good thing that DH & I have a whole day planned at MK in March... we skipped it entirely on our last two trips (one a weekend trip primarily for the Food & Wine Festival, and one a short 3-day stay at the start of our honeymoon, before our cruise).
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #63
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great update!! I haven't ridden Dumbo since I was itty bitty. Might be time to go back. Don't you just love the moments in WDW that cause you to flashback to your own childhood? Those are my favorite. And now you're giving the same gift to your kids!
Hey Christine...looky here, I figured out Mulit quoting...thank you!!
You have to ride Dumbo again....borrow a kid if you have too, lol! It's fun and the view is so pretty!! But you're right, it's so neat reliving your childhood again through your children, I think that's why WDW is sooo special to me, my DH never went, his first trip was our honeymoon in 2000 and now we have our own memories but I can still flashback and be 8 again there....it's so magical!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
I haven't ridden any of the fantasyland rides since I was 5 or 6! I guess its a good thing that DH & I have a whole day planned at MK in March... we skipped it entirely on our last two trips (one a weekend trip primarily for the Food & Wine Festival, and one a short 3-day stay at the start of our honeymoon, before our cruise).
Ahh yes, plan a day there for sure and ride some of the rides in Fantasyland..no one will look at you funny as an adult going there..we loved them on our honeymoon!! It's what it's all about, you know? I"m going to check our your TR, congrats on your wedding!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #64
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

We haven't done Dumbo since our second trip. It was nice to see it through your children's eyes. Love the wild animal pic! I've got to remember that one this summer.
Either Peter Pan or the Indy Speedway are our first MK rides with the children every time. I dont' think they'll ever get too old for those.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #65
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
We haven't done Dumbo since our second trip. It was nice to see it through your children's eyes. Love the wild animal pic! I've got to remember that one this summer.
Either Peter Pan or the Indy Speedway are our first MK rides with the children every time. I dont' think they'll ever get too old for those.
The Wild Animal cart was cute...very appropriate for all of our children. And as you can see, they were wild, since we couldn't get them to even look at the camera!! LOL!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #66
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 after lunch...

So, we had lunch at Pinnochios haus, it was a decent countermeal, nothing to write home about, but good (sorry, can't remember what we ate!!). The kids were happy and I toped Ethan off with some cold meds and saline to keep him going, he was feeling the affects of traveling the day before and the cold for sure at this point. But he was hanging in there...we had been counting down the days to this trip and he wasn't letting it stop him.

When we came outside from lunch it was gloriously sunny and warm and it just felt good. I sprayed all 6 kids down with sunscreen and we mapped out our next plan of attack. We didnt have dinner ressies until 5:35 at Tony's Town Square so we had some time to kill, it was only about 1 p.m at this point. We decided to head towards Frontierland, Ethan, Lucas and Zach all decided it was time to see Jack Sparrow and POTC. So off we went.... here are some pictures on our way....

Here is Ethan, Lucas and Zach

oops, Ethan on his hiney....

and Lucas (needs a lift!!)

and one of Todd and Cole....poor Cole, this is where he decided to get his nap this afternoon, he's SUCH A GOOD BABY!!!

We decided to do The Magic Carpets since they were on the way and the kids were all excited when they saw them, it was fun, we had never done them before and for LL, its definately a longer ride than Dumbo,check out all my pics!!

The boys waiting ever so patiently to ride

Our boys

Tracey, Adam and kids

Adam and I taking pics of us taking pics....lol!

and the views.....its pretty over there..

From there we decided to grab fast pass for the Jungle Cruise since there was a 40 minute wait! We headed to the Tiki room to take a load off and have a snack. I really think the Tiki room is cute. I think theyve changed it again since we were there last September. Its an oldy but goody, I liked it as a kid..."In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room where the birdies sing and the flowers grow in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room!" It went something like that, didn't it? Anyways, its cute and something different to do. The kids enjoyed it, too. Now it was time for the Jungle Cruise... here is a pic of Tracey and I waiting since we were still a bit early for our fastpass...

Okay, time to download some more pics to my photobucket, hope you're all enjoying yourselves so far and thanks for reading and thanks for letting me relive my trip!!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I am going to have to try Aladdin's Magic Carpets out, I love to get a look at all the scenery from that viewpoint.

I love the Tiki Bird song!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #68
melimel2100
Earning My Ears

Hi Kristen, I love reading about your trip! Your kids are so flippin cute! I can't wait to read more! As you know, I leave in 8 days and I CAN'T wait! I'll be waiting for your updates!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #69
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimel2100 View Post
Hi Kristen, I love reading about your trip! Your kids are so flippin cute! I can't wait to read more! As you know, I leave in 8 days and I CAN'T wait! I'll be waiting for your updates!
Hi Melissa!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliments. I know how excited you are for your trip, I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thanks for reading!!
ttys!
Kristen
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #70
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Another great update and pics! Love the one of Cole napping. Boy I miss being able to fall asleep anywhere!

Oh and for multi-quoting.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #71
joelp
DIS Veteran

Subbing - will be back later ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #72
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen

I finally found your TR. I have tried many times to click on the link at the bottom of your siggie and have not been successful. Today, I saw a post from you on another thread...Bellasmommy...she is the other Disboard member that I had met when we were all there. Anyways, I noticed it looked different and IT WORKED!!! I didn't want to tell you, again that I couldn't get it to work and appear clueless. But, it finally worked...I'm so excited!!! I just went through all ?6 pages. Looks great...LOVE all your pictures!!! You and Tracey look like sisters. You look great in your pictures...no one likes their own pictures! You got some great aerial shots from Aladdin. I just mentioned in my TR that I tried to do that and was not very successful. What sweet pictures of your DH and Cole, sleeping...and you, with Cole sleeping. He's cute in all of the pictures but, just looks so angelic when he's asleep. You could feel your excitement when you were anticipating meeting up with your friend...you're a great writer. Can't wait to read more...hoping we find that we passed each other at some point. We were at DHS, on that Monday...so we won't find that on the 8th...we'll see how the rest of our weeks play out. I finally started my TR...I love writing it so far...it's really fun to relive the week. Well, off to clean the basement. Talk to you soon.
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #73
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Hi Kristen

I finally found your TR. I have tried many times to click on the link at the bottom of your siggie and have not been successful. Today, I saw a post from you on another thread...Bellasmommy...she is the other Disboard member that I had met when we were all there. Anyways, I noticed it looked different and IT WORKED!!! I didn't want to tell you, again that I couldn't get it to work and appear clueless. But, it finally worked...I'm so excited!!! I just went through all ?6 pages. Looks great...LOVE all your pictures!!! You and Tracey look like sisters. You look great in your pictures...no one likes their own pictures! You got some great aerial shots from Aladdin. I just mentioned in my TR that I tried to do that and was not very successful. What sweet pictures of your DH and Cole, sleeping...and you, with Cole sleeping. He's cute in all of the pictures but, just looks so angelic when he's asleep. You could feel your excitement when you were anticipating meeting up with your friend...you're a great writer. Can't wait to read more...hoping we find that we passed each other at some point. We were at DHS, on that Monday...so we won't find that on the 8th...we'll see how the rest of our weeks play out. I finally started my TR...I love writing it so far...it's really fun to relive the week. Well, off to clean the basement. Talk to you soon.
Hi Leighan!!

I'm SO glad you found me!! And could finally get on to my TR, too!! Not sure what didn't work, but I'm sure it was something I did since this has been a learning experience for me write this and I"m sure there has been/will be some quirkiness to my TR!! LOL!

Thanks for all of your compliments, this has been fun so far for me! Like you said, it's been fun reliving it!! Can you believe it's been a month already since we went?!! Time is going by soooo fast!! But I guess that means we're just that much closer to our next trips...whenever they might be!!

I can't wait to see if we crossed paths during our week there or if it was just the one time...we'll get to that later.....don't want to ruin any surprises!!

Thanks for reading and glad I got to read your TR today, too!!

Happy new year!!
Kristen
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #74
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Another great update and pics! Love the one of Cole napping. Boy I miss being able to fall asleep anywhere!

Oh and for multi-quoting.
Don't you wish we could still do that...although, I'm pretty sure my DH could do it anywhere, too!! Maybe it's a guy thing? heehee!!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #75
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Subbing - will be back later ...
Hi!! Thanks for stopping by!! Hope to see you again real soon!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: