Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #46
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

You got some amazing pics of the kids!! They are all so cute It sounds like your trip definately got off to a fantastic start! I can't wait to hear more

BTW... all the great pics and fun make me want to go back...NOW!! not in July NOW!!!!

Paula
Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #47
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
What a fun looking bunch you guys are! Chuck and I were there the same time as you! (Our children were at home with Meme.) Looks like you are having a great time so far! Looking forward to more!
Hi!!
Looking forward checking out your report too...hope you had a great trip!! I t was a nice week there, wasn't it? Lucky you to have a week to yourselves!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #48
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
I'm here! I just found your report today. Your boys are so cute!!!
Yay!!! Thanks for coming by!! Looking forward to getting to know you!!! Welcome aboard!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #49
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a great start to your TR. All of the kids are so adorable. I love reading TR's with little ones, I love seeing their amazed faces.
Hi!! Thanks for reading....and thanks for the compliments! I know, seeing the world from a childs eyes is amazing.....they just light up, it's wonderful! It was especially fun to see it through Cole's eyes....he was in amazement, since he slept through our last trip!!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #50
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great updates! I wish I'd done more exploring at Pop. I never saw the big wheel (and I loved mine as a kid!) but what with the monsoon and then a busy Friday there just wasn't time. Oh well... there's always next time. LOVE the picture of your kiddos in front of the big wheel.

I can totally identify with that inner voice (sometimes panic, in my case) when you deviate from the plan/tradition so bravo to you for going to Tomorrowland first rather than IASW.

The cars are very cute. Todd is going to have to work on some yoga moves or something to be able to fit in there. That's a ride I loved as a child but haven't been on as an adult. Seems to have lost the attraction. But I remember as a kid thinking it was SO COOL to drive! Your kids must have loved it!!

Love that everyone is wearing their crocs!!
Hi Christine! I know, I wish we had done more exploring at POP, too! We just stayed close to "home" and Everything Pop and that was pretty much it for us. By the time I thought about it, it was time to go home.

Thanks for understanding about me deviating from the "plan" and not going to IASW first! I thought you guys would think I was nuts...but it was always my Mom's plan, it was a "happy" ride and it was the way she wanted us to start our trip. Todd & I did it first on our honeymoon in 2000 and when we took the boys last September, we did it first then....it was hard for me not to do it, it's tradition!! But I survived and eventually got to it!! LOL! And to think, some people just don't like IASW....

Had to laugh (outloud!!) about your comment about Todd doing yoga before going on the speedway...isn't that the truth?!! He's 6'4" so it was a big feet for him to get in that car...especially with both boys!! LOL! Needless to say..it was the last time to ride the cars that week. I know...the kids LOVE it but I don't see the desire either to go on them as adults...but like I said, I'm always the one that breaks down or in WDW, I constantly hit the rails!!!!

Ya, we somehow became a Crocs family, all of a sudden. I bought my mary janes for the last trip and LOVED them, they never needed breaking in and they were my favorite thing last year, so they came with me again (although, don't tell Todd, I need new ones...they are really warn down now!). I found Mickey ones for the boys at Marshall's this Fall for only $16! So I scooped them up and surprised the boys before our trip and somehow I got Todd to wear them, too. I got them at Macy's for onlky $19.99 and told him to TRY them, he did and loves them, too, he wore them most of the week. Can't beat how comfy and how quick they dry!! Especially in the monsoons......lol!!

Thanks for reading! Btw, you're more experienced than me in writing these...how do you "quote" multiple people at one time?! Thanks!! Any tips are appreciated!!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #51
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
You got some amazing pics of the kids!! They are all so cute It sounds like your trip definately got off to a fantastic start! I can't wait to hear more

BTW... all the great pics and fun make me want to go back...NOW!! not in July NOW!!!!

Paula
Thanks for the compliments, Paula!! I hear you, I want to go back NOW, too!! At least you have a trip in the works...not sure when we'll go back.....sniff, sniff!! Todd thinks we should wait a few more years so that we don't have so much baby stuff and strollers,etal. But not sure I can wait that long...I mean, the kids can wait that long....lol! Cause it's all about the kids, right?!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #52
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Thanks for the compliments, Paula!! I hear you, I want to go back NOW, too!! At least you have a trip in the works...not sure when we'll go back.....sniff, sniff!! Todd thinks we should wait a few more years so that we don't have so much baby stuff and strollers,etal. But not sure I can wait that long...I mean, the kids can wait that long....lol! Cause it's all about the kids, right?!!
Mmmm solo trips are nice Refreshed Mom=happy Mom= happy kids!!!

Paula
Old 01-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Mmmm solo trips are nice Refreshed Mom=happy Mom= happy kids!!!

Paula
Sounds wonderful....was your last trip your first solo one? Your kids are a few years ahead of mine.....so you earned it!!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #54
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!
Looking forward checking out your report too...hope you had a great trip!! I t was a nice week there, wasn't it? Lucky you to have a week to yourselves!!
We liked it so much we are making it an annual event!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #55
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
We liked it so much we are making it an annual event!
Woohoo!! Good for you!! Soooo jealous.....I'm really enjoying your TR!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #56
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 continued....Fantasyland

So we left off getting autographs from Scrooge. I was getting excited to be getting closer to IASW, Dumbo and all of our favorites. This is when I realized how CROWDED the park was. We should have gone here first, but everyone was so excited to see Buzz, we went with the flow. Afterall, there was a whole week ahead of us and we weren't on any particular time schedule.

We headed over to Dumbo and on the way we grabbed a fast pass for Peter Pan since the lines were very long, well long to us with 6 little ones, I guess that is subjective.

Here are a few pictures of our "Wild Animals" on the way....

and another...evidentally with the sun in their eyes..

And there in front of us was one of our favs... DUMBO!! Now last year Lucas wanted NOTHING to do with this ride and Ethan couldn't wait to do it....this year, it was reversed. Ethan (6) thought it was too babyish and Lukey couldn't wait to get on him!!!

Todd swears he tried his best to get a picture of Lucas and I....oh well.....can you see me waving and my head? LOL!! I just have to say for the record, is it me or is the wait for Dumbo MUCH longer than the actual ride? Lucas was upset when we came down from riding, he wanted to do it again but the line was waaaayyyyy too long. Maybe later in the week. Notice the crowd level in the background? I guess everyone likes to go to MK on a Monday?

Now after about 20 minutes of waiting Ethan was getting moody....I guess I should have mentioned he woke up with a hacking cough this morning and I was doing my best to keep it at bay....just a bit of post nasal drip, so saline was my friend the next couple of days. But now he wanted to do what he wanted to do, since he was sooo patient....so we headed over to Mickey's Phillharmonic, this was the first time we'd see this show and we couldn't wait. Here is a shot of Ethan on the way....and Lucas watching how "strong" he was. lol!

We loved Mickey's Philharmagic, all the kids laughed and giggled through it. It was a really cute show and even Cole enjoyed wearing the glasses, his first time. From there, we finally got onto Peter Pan- I love this ride, it never gets old, it's just like I remember when I was a little girl. At this point, the kids were getting a bit cranky so we decided it was time for lunch, we had done a few of our favorites and we needed some time away from the crowds....we decided to go to Pinocchi Village Haus, since we were already there. Maybe I'll get to ride IASW afterwards?! Stay tuned.....
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #57
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Dumbo is a very short ride, I remember thinking that too when I rode it. Mickey's Philharmagic is such a great show, I think it's the best of the 3D ones.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #58
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dumbo is a very short ride, I remember thinking that too when I rode it. Mickey's Philharmagic is such a great show, I think it's the best of the 3D ones.
Okay, it's not just me then...I mean it's for the kids, so you would think they would make a bit longer, then again, the lines are long so I guess it makes sense...oh well. It's still fun!! And what a view!!

I agree, Mickey's Philharmagic is the best 3D show by far!!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #59
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, it's not just me then...I mean it's for the kids, so you would think they would make a bit longer, then again, the lines are long so I guess it makes sense...oh well. It's still fun!! And what a view!!

I agree, Mickey's Philharmagic is the best 3D show by far!!
I had never ridden Dumbo before and I couldn't get over the view. I hope we can catch it again with a short line. I'd really like to ride Dumbo when it's dark out! I wonder if Magic Carpets is a longer ride, I have never been on them.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had never ridden Dumbo before and I couldn't get over the view. I hope we can catch it again with a short line. I'd really like to ride Dumbo when it's dark out! I wonder if Magic Carpets is a longer ride, I have never been on them.
I have never done it at night...ohh, sounds nice! Get pics if you do it!! Sounds beautiful!

I believe the Magic Carpets are longer....we rode them (a couple of times!) and it was fun for all of us...for some reason, Ethan was okay with going on them...guess they are cooler than Dumbo. LOL!! I got some ariel pics from there....nice view from there, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: