Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #31
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 1 continued....

Okay, so I left off when we finally arrived at Pop and went to check in. Todd stayed with the boys and Tracey, Adam and kids while I went to check in. It was a breeze, got the connecting rooms we asked for but our rooms weren't ready yet. After all, it was only noontime, they told to call the front desk in 1/2 hour to see where we were assigned. We decided to go to Everything POP for lunch and call when we were done. We all grabbed a quick lunch, Tracey and I had the chicken ceasar salad, cheesecake and diet cokes, the guys had burgers and the kids all had pizza. It was a great lunch and we were happy to find out that after lunch our rooms were ready!!

We searched down our rooms, we were on the second floor, 70's building in connecting rooms. The rooms were clean, nothing special, but we were happy to be "home" for the week and we had a place to put our things. Here are some pictures of the kids from the room...

and here is one of just Cole and baby Emmi, this was Cole's first experience with anyone smaller than him, he was SO cute and SO sweet to her. They were cute together all week long...

After unpacking some and getting freshened up, we decided to head to DTD for the afternoon and night. We had dinner ressies at Raglan Road tonight at 5 p.m. Will continue some more later, got to download some more pictures.....thanks for reading!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #32
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

awww the pics are so cute!! nice job starting yout TR, i can't wait to see the kids faces when they see all the "magic' to come

Paula
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #33
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Very cute! I can't wait to hear more.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 1 completed....

Thanks for reading girls, sorry I'm off to a slow start...just trying to coordinate the pics and all with the day. It's a lot of work, as you both know!!

So, I left off freshening up to go to DTD. We headed to the bus stop and were picked up right away and it was our first of many funny bus rides. Remember, we're a Grand Gathering, and you couldnt' miss us! Between baby backpacks, bags, strollers, 6 kids and 4 adults, you could see/hear us coming a mile away!!

We got to DTD about 4 or so, went into a few shops and just enjoyed letting the kids run, the view and the fact we were officially on vacation! It was such a great feeling!!!

Here are a few of the things we saw in our travels...the kids were so excited to check this place out, I would have made a dinner ressie here but last year Lucas was SO AFRAID of the animals when we had dinner our first night of our trip, so I decided it wasn't a good idea...it wasn't a good start to our trip last year.

From there, we headed to Pin Traders, the kids had their lanyards ready and Hailey, Zach and Emmi wanted to buy a starter kit to trade for their first vacation, too. Here are a few pics...note how excited Lucas was to see "Mickey" for the first time!!

Cole checking out the sights for the first time (well, second, but he was only 3 mos. old last time!! lol!!)

Me and Cole...horrible pic of me, but I was so happy to be there!! So, I"ll share!

The kids checked out the pins they wanted to buy for the week, but we had other ideas on that. I had bought a set of 20 pins from Ebay for them to learn how to trade for the week, I figured I would give them one every morning and they could keep it or trade it and it saved us a boatload of money. It was a great tip I learned here on DIS and I highly suggest this to anyone looking to trade pins.

We headed over to the Lego Store and let the kids check things out...they had fun.

and I always love this guy..isn't it amazing what they can do with Legos??

It was about time to check in at Raglan Road to we headed over that way. On the way we saw the new TRex place, wow, that looked cool..I didn't know about that when we booked but think we'll give it a try next time. Seems like something the boys would have loved.

We got to RR a bit early, checked in and were seated in about 15 minutes or so. We had a great meal and it was nice to take a load off and eat our dinner in Disney and start planning our first day at the parks....we were off and running!!

Here are a few pics at dinner...Here is Hailey and Lucas

And Emmi...obviously, she enjoyed her meal!!

Sorry I didn't get anymore pics this day.....we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there and would go back again. They have a great menu and the desserts were to die for! I highly recommend the bread pudding!! Diet, what diet? The first of MANY desserts this trip, afterall, we were on the dining plan and god forbid I leave a dessert...lol! Actually, my DH was happy to finish whatever I couldn't this week, I was trying to be somewhat good but had at least a bite of whatever I ordered....I did a lot of walking to balance them out, don't worry!!

Tomorrow will be our first day at MK!! I couldn't wait. We got back to the hotel about 8 and got the kids quickly to bed and hit the hay ourselves, we had been up since 3 a.m and we had a full week ahead of us!!!

Up next..did we make rope drop??

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #35
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Your first day looked really fun. The kids are so cute! Can't wait for more!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #36
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up! Your first day looked really fun. The kids are so cute! Can't wait for more!
Hi!! Thanks, I think the kids are pretty cute, too!! I'm hoping to write more later....

I was trying to check our your second TR but couldn't log on....any ideas?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #37
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Magic Kingdom day

Monday morning the phone rings and it's Stitch telling me to get out of bed!! Boy, that was annoying and not the last time I heard that this week. But I was up and moving and ready to start my day because we were going to Magic Kingdom!! I couldn't wait. We decided to meet up with Tracey and Adam and kids about 7 a.m and we'd head to Everything Pop for breakfast. Here are some pictures on the way, what great theming Pop had, it was really cute and the kids got a kick out of it. This was outside of our room area (70's building).

and another one....

I had packed pop tarts (vacation food!) and granola bars for the kids and we'd use a snack credit for breakfast. I had a blueberry muffin and Todd would get the danish and we'd use our refillable mugs for drinks. Worked out well and it was enough to start our days. We were on our way....Mickey here we come!!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #38
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 2 continued...

We got to MK about 9, didn't make it to rope drop, maybe later in the week. It was hard to get us all ready and out in enough time, the baby needed a bottle, the kids needed to go to the potty and for us to get organized took a lot. But we made it. But here are some sights on our way....it was beautiful!!

and a "hidden Mickey"

the decorations are so pretty this time of year....I loved it!

our friends....

We headed over to Tomorrowland first
the kids really wanted to ride Buzz Lightyear. I was a bit hesitant, as a child my Mom and Dad always took us on It's a Small World first so that's what we have done in the past. But, this was our friends first trip and we would get there, eventually.

Here is our rednecked picture, it's hard to see, but it's me, Cole and Todd.The big boys went all on their own.

The usual pic with Zerg..we tried our hardest to get all the kids to look, but we weren't so successful!!

From Buzz we headed over to the Speedway....

Tracey, Emmi, Cole and I sat this one out...the guys took the "big" kids on it, which was fine by me, I really don't like this ride. I always get stuck in the car that breaks down, doesn't go or maybe it's just me...so I was fine Todd taking the boys and we enjoyed some sun and quiet time with the babies.
Here is a pic of Cole & I

Cole making his own fun.....

Is he a HAM or what??

and having fun with Emmi...

And here are our racers....
Adam, Hailey and Zach

Todd, Ethan and Lucas-- look at Todd's knees, he barely fit!!

From there, we decided to head to Fantasyland, we knew it would be busy, since it was a Monday and we wanted to be sure to get on the favorites....would we or was it already too late? Stay tuned....
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #39
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

On our way to Fantasyland, look who we found....Scrooge! It was time to break out the autograph books we had!!

Cole wanted nothing to do with him. This was our first character interaction, so hopefully it will get better later in the week....
Old 01-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #40
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I would love some more reader...so lurkers, come out, come out, come out wherever you are!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #41
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

What a fun looking bunch you guys are! Chuck and I were there the same time as you! (Our children were at home with Meme.) Looks like you are having a great time so far! Looking forward to more!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #42
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I would love some more reader...so lurkers, come out, come out, come out wherever you are!!
I'm here! I just found your report today. Your boys are so cute!!!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #43
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Yay!! More readers!! Thanks for stopping by...I will do my best to write some more this weekend, we have no plans so maybe I can find some quiet time. Looking forward to sharing with you!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #44
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your TR. All of the kids are so adorable. I love reading TR's with little ones, I love seeing their amazed faces.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #45
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I wish I'd done more exploring at Pop. I never saw the big wheel (and I loved mine as a kid!) but what with the monsoon and then a busy Friday there just wasn't time. Oh well... there's always next time. LOVE the picture of your kiddos in front of the big wheel.

I can totally identify with that inner voice (sometimes panic, in my case) when you deviate from the plan/tradition so bravo to you for going to Tomorrowland first rather than IASW.

The cars are very cute. Todd is going to have to work on some yoga moves or something to be able to fit in there. That's a ride I loved as a child but haven't been on as an adult. Seems to have lost the attraction. But I remember as a kid thinking it was SO COOL to drive! Your kids must have loved it!!

Love that everyone is wearing their crocs!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: