Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #151
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I love all of the parade pics! Thanks for posting so many.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #152
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I love all of the parade pics! Thanks for posting so many.
Thanks Soleil!! Wasn't sure if there were too many, so thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #153
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Yay, more updates! Sounds like a great afternoon at MK. DH & I have only done MK once in 3 trips, so its definitely on our agenda for our March trip, and I can't wait.

(p.s. when I finish the grading I need to do, I'm planning to take photos of some stuff and post it to my pre-trippie... just in case you wanna check it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow... )
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #154
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Yay, more updates! Sounds like a great afternoon at MK. DH & I have only done MK once in 3 trips, so its definitely on our agenda for our March trip, and I can't wait.

(p.s. when I finish the grading I need to do, I'm planning to take photos of some stuff and post it to my pre-trippie... just in case you wanna check it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow... )
Hi Michelle!!
It really was a great day at MK that day. To me, that's what the trip is all about, it's our favorite park, especially while the kids are so little. You'll have to make a day of it for sure on your next trip...or at least an afternoon/night!!

Good luck with your grading! What grade do you teach? I'm going to check our your ptr now and see if you have any updates.

Hoping to get another one done tomorrow, need to download more pics!!! ttys!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #155
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Michelle!!
It really was a great day at MK that day. To me, that's what the trip is all about, it's our favorite park, especially while the kids are so little. You'll have to make a day of it for sure on your next trip...or at least an afternoon/night!!

Good luck with your grading! What grade do you teach? I'm going to check our your ptr now and see if you have any updates.

Hoping to get another one done tomorrow, need to download more pics!!! ttys!
We're definitely doing MK in March, we have dinner reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. We've skipped it the past two trips because we don't have kids and it's always so crowded... but those trips were pre-DIS-covery! Now I've got a better idea how to navigate that park!

I teach 9th grade world geography... I've had a project that my pre-AP kids did before Christmas sitting in my living room for nearly a month, and grades are due on Tuesday, so it was finally time to get it done! I've taken a few pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet... the update will probably come tomorrow when I get home from work around 4:00CST... I also need to back-up my laptop to the external hard drive because it's having some minor issues and I don't want to lose any data! But as soon as I get that done, the next update in my pre-trippie will be up, I promise!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #156
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day. You got a lot of really great close-up parade pictures. Bummer about not getting to ride Splash but unfortunately you can't do it all and hey, you're going back before you know it and will be able to do all kinds of things at a leisurely pace...CONGRATULATIONS on that! That will be really nice to be just the girls I can imagine.

What you said about sitting on the "deck" with friends and chatting at the end of the day sounds like a great way to unwind. We're hoping for my best friend, her husband and their son (who is the same age as our youngest) to join us. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see what the next day brings you....hopefully you were able to swim.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 01-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #157
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
We're definitely doing MK in March, we have dinner reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. We've skipped it the past two trips because we don't have kids and it's always so crowded... but those trips were pre-DIS-covery! Now I've got a better idea how to navigate that park!

I teach 9th grade world geography... I've had a project that my pre-AP kids did before Christmas sitting in my living room for nearly a month, and grades are due on Tuesday, so it was finally time to get it done! I've taken a few pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet... the update will probably come tomorrow when I get home from work around 4:00CST... I also need to back-up my laptop to the external hard drive because it's having some minor issues and I don't want to lose any data! But as soon as I get that done, the next update in my pre-trippie will be up, I promise!
Love your pre-DIS-covery!! Good luck getting your grading done and I'll be on the lookout later for your update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Sounds like you had a great day. You got a lot of really great close-up parade pictures. Bummer about not getting to ride Splash but unfortunately you can't do it all and hey, you're going back before you know it and will be able to do all kinds of things at a leisurely pace...CONGRATULATIONS on that! That will be really nice to be just the girls I can imagine.

What you said about sitting on the "deck" with friends and chatting at the end of the day sounds like a great way to unwind. We're hoping for my best friend, her husband and their son (who is the same age as our youngest) to join us. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see what the next day brings you....hopefully you were able to swim.
Hi!! You're right, there is always time to do things NEXT TIME!! I still can't believe I"m going again!!! I know, it's 7+ mos. away, but time flies.....it will sneak up for sure. And thankfully, Mom and my sister love those rides too, so it will be fun for sure.

Yes, ahhh, our nights out on the "deck" were the best, it was a bit chilly, but we wore our sweats, the guys would run to Eveything Pop, grab something sweet that we didnt' need to share and somethings warm to drink. It was the best, we literally spent hours out there and had some of the best talks, the funniest talks and some nice adult down time.....it kept us going for the next day, for sure!!! And, it was nice to just be "Kristen & Tracey" too like the old days...boy, do I really miss her. That was the fastest week, we planned for SO long but it truly was one of the best weeks of my life!! I hope you get to do the same thing with your BFF!!!

Coley just went down for his nap...trying to sneak in a quick update....while jamming to my very cool purple Ipod my DH got me for my birthday....wasn't sure I really needed/wanted one but am I psyched he got it....great for the treadmill and for some "quiet" time for Mommy, too!!

Stay tuned.......
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #158
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Our 'down' day.....

Today was our "down" day, we had big hopes for a glorious pool day, since we live in Massachusetts, it's been months since we could been swimming. It wasn't meant to be....we woke up to VERY COLD RAINY day. But, we were still in DISNEY, so we were going to make the best of it!! We had to 'do' something, we didn't have park tickets for this day since we had tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party later today, so what were we going to do?

After heading to Everything Pop for our usual breakfast, we decided to be brave and take some time at DTD. We had dollar store ponchos, so we were prepared and it wasn't like we could keep the kids cooped up in our tiny hotel rooms...so off we went!!

When we got there the sky opened up....it truly was miserable. I might not have been that bad if it wasn't for the fact we had 6 small children in tow....if it was just Tracey and I or just the adults, we would have run from sight to sight...BUT, it wasn't...it was us, with all of our gear and all of our babies....so, needless to say, we didn't get anywhere too quickly. And let me just make a recommendation here, do not buy dollar store ponchos! You get what you pay for....my poncho had the SMALLEST head hole ever, it didnt cover anyting besides the back of my hair, Todds poncho only had one arm hole! It really was too funny!!!! I think it may be worth buying the $7 Mickey ones in the stores there after this experience!! LOL!!

We hit the shops, would finish one, open the map to plan of attack for the next one....and so one. I was on a search for something "keepsakey" for me, not sure what, but most likey something jewelry related....maybe a charm bracelet I could add too? I wasn't sure but to this point, I had checked every park and hadn't found anything so I was keeping my eyes peeled. I did find my special Christmas ornament that I had been looking for. Isn't it pretty?

I actually think it's prettier in person, but at least you can get an idea of it. It's different and it was dated, so I was happy. I also picked up a POC Mickey Antenna topper, actually the boys picked it out for me, so I had to get it and my minivan is sporting that now.

We headed to the World of Disney and i'm pretty sure that everyone that was in DTD was in there, as well! BOY, it was SUPER CROWDED but it's the biggest store, has so much to look at, so many rooms and it was raining so we all crammed in there.

A pic of Ethan happy to be inside!!

Here is a pretty tree I saw inside and had to get a pic of....

a bit closer

and this pretty wreath over the registers

To get an idea of how crowded it was, I will tell you that when we finally left WOD, they were at their limits and asking people to wait outside, that's how busy it was!!! Tracey and family were shopping in there, not sure we ended up with anything from there, other than a bit of headache from the mass chaos and trying to keep track of our children! Since we weren't buying anything we headed outside to wait under the rooftop while they continued to shop....here are some pics for you...

The boys trying to stay dry (notice Todd got rid of his poncho at this point!)

Lucas having so much fun...not!!

And Cole ready to splash....he had so much fun running in and out of the rain, that poor baby was SOAKED!!!

Todd called Adam to find out when they would be out and let them know where we were, well, they had just left and went out the entire opposite side of the building! So, to meet up with them, we had to run across the entire place to find them! And at this point since we were so wet, it didnt' really matter what happened...so off we went! We met up with them and decided we'd try Wolfgang Puck express for lunch and we were so glad we did...it was delish!!!!!! I highly recommend!!

I don't have any more pictures at this point, we enjoyed our lunch and then decided to head back to POP for a shower and some nice warm clothes...we had a BIG night ahead of us!! We were off to Chef Mickey's and for MVMCP, would it stop raining so we could enjoy our big night on the town?!! Stay tuned......
Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #159
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Just a quick interuption....

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share, I picked up the boys pictures today at Sears and I'm so happy with them, I needed to share! Aren't they so handsome? If I do say so myself!!! LOL!

This is Lucas' 4 year picture

and Cole's 18 month picture....

Now those were pictures of pictures, but they give you an idea of them anyways. Thanks for letting me share my little men!!

Just noticed they were facing the wrong way, I went into photobucket to rotate them, did it and then saved them and they won't turn. Hmm..sorry about that!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #160
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a rainy day but at least you made the most of it, sometimes that is half the battle.

We bought the same ornament for our tree, it's really hard to photograph! I agree, it's much prettier in person.

The boys pictures are adorable!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #161
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

what a wet and wooly day It's definately in the spirit of WDW to put on the poncho and head out any ways though Sure beats sitting in the little hotel room!

I love your ornament...what a terrific souvie that made!

I hope things dry out a bit for the :yes::

paula
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 AM   #162
KayW
DIS Veteran

I just read through your entire report and loved it!! We leave in 29 days for POP (our 2nd time there). So excited.

I grew up in Plymouth, MA, my parents still live there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. The schools are great. It has been built up so much since I was there. Love visiting!

Kerrie
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014BCV 2/2015
Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #163
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen

Happy Birthday!!! I noticed that you mentioned that you got a purple Ipod...anything on it yet? Is this the last of the cake? Any more bdays coming up?
Love your most recent updates...I have to agree with the rest, here...your deck time sounds heavenly!!! When will you see Tracey again? Have they ever come here to vaca? So much to see down near you and in Boston...maybe not so much right now!?! Today my outdoor thermometer says 0! Soooooooo COLD!!!! Sounds like you have some great memories all together.
That day in Disney was awful...weather wise. Our $7 Disney ponchos didn't fare much better than yours...it was just raining too hard. Good idea on DTD, though...although, apparently everyone had that idea. Loved that Christmas ornament. Did you find that at the Christmas store or at WOD. I just love shopping there...their decor is so beautiful. Did you ever find the jewelry you were looking for? Oh wait...I think I know what you got?!? Don't want to ruin the anticipation so, I won't mention what I think it is....hmmmm. Also, don't want to ruin the anticipation regarding the weather and your big night out. Can't wait to read about!
Also, love the pictures of the boys...you have adorable little men!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #164
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

What a bummer about all the rain but looks like you made the best of it. I can imagine how much fun Cole must have had playing in it. It's the little things like that they get the biggest kick out of.

The Sears pictures are adorable. Cole looks like such a little man. Lucas looks very sweet. Is there one of Ethan? I didn't see one.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 01-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #165
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Your rainy down day sounds like the first day of our honeymoon, when the skies opened up on us at Epcot... and we ended up missing out on our most favorite park as a result of the rain. We only made it to our lunch ressies at Le Cellier that day, and then sprinted through the rain, without ponchos or umbrellas (I'm a bad DISer, I don't ever pack ponchos, I just brave the rain usually), back to the bus stop.

I'm glad you guys were able to salvage a bit of the rainy day, and I really hope the weather cleared up for you before MVMCP!

Looking forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: