Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #136
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

1000 posts!

Wow, just noticed I've now posted over 1000 posts...can you say addict?!! LOL!!! I love DIS!!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #137
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I'm SO excited!!!

Okay, I can't contain myself!!! I've been talking to my DH about us planning another trip to WDW for my Mom's 60th birthday next December...he keeps telling me to get a quote and try and figure it out....well, today I booked!!!!!!!!!!! We're going 9/21-25 and it will be me, Mom and my sister. It's been YEARS since the three of us have done anything alone, my sister lives in Hilton Head and my Mom and I are here in MA, but before now, I lived in Philly for 11 years so it's been years since we've all been together for anything other than a week or so a year. I called my Mom tonight to suprise her and see what she thought since I have to work around her schedule, too, and she is just over cloud 9!!! Yippy!!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!

Gotta make a new ticker! Woohoo!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #138
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Okay, I can't contain myself!!! I've been talking to my DH about us planning another trip to WDW for my Mom's 60th birthday next December...he keeps telling me to get a quote and try and figure it out....well, today I booked!!!!!!!!!!! We're going 9/21-25 and it will be me, Mom and my sister. It's been YEARS since the three of us have done anything alone, my sister lives in Hilton Head and my Mom and I are here in MA, but before now, I lived in Philly for 11 years so it's been years since we've all been together for anything other than a week or so a year. I called my Mom tonight to suprise her and see what she thought since I have to work around her schedule, too, and she is just over cloud 9!!! Yippy!!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!

Kristen...OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That is so great! Where did you book? Have you decided anything specific...where to eat? what to do? or will you play it by ear...so, much easier to do with no kiddos. Also, I've heard that that time of year is now the slowest!!! Could it get any better?!? WOW!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #139
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WOO HOO!! I am so excited for you!!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #140
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Kristen...OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That is so great! Where did you book? Have you decided anything specific...where to eat? what to do? or will you play it by ear...so, much easier to do with no kiddos. Also, I've heard that that time of year is now the slowest!!! Could it get any better?!? WOW!!!
I couldn't wait to tell you!!! I'm super excited but when I think too much about it, I feel so guilty too going without Todd and the boys. I"m sure the guilt will go away quick enough when we're there!! LOL! But I've never been away that long without my kiddos...I'm not a bad Mom, am I?We're going to stay at Pop, I got the 5 day tickets and the dining plan again....this way it give us a chance to try some new places. I"m going to let Mom pick out where she wants to eat every night for our TS since it's her birthday present. As far as the plan of attack goes...not sure, my sister is coming out for a visit in about 3 weeks, so maybe we'll have a little planning session? Woohoo! I'm going back to Disney World!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO!! I am so excited for you!!
Thanks LL!! I didn't think I'd go back for 2-3 more years since Todd thinks we should wait a bit longer to go so there isn't so much baby equipment, naps, et al for us to worry about and I think he's right. The boys will be 8, 6 and 4 ish next time and that would be perfect, I think. SO, at least this gives me a fill without having to wait so long!! And, me and Mom get to do IASW together again!! LOL!! Just in case you were wondering where we'd start out trip!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #141
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I couldn't wait to tell you!!! I'm super excited but when I think too much about it, I feel so guilty too going without Todd and the boys. I"m sure the guilt will go away quick enough when we're there!! LOL! But I've never been away that long without my kiddos...I'm not a bad Mom, am I?We're going to stay at Pop, I got the 5 day tickets and the dining plan again....this way it give us a chance to try some new places. I"m going to let Mom pick out where she wants to eat every night for our TS since it's her birthday present. As far as the plan of attack goes...not sure, my sister is coming out for a visit in about 3 weeks, so maybe we'll have a little planning session? Woohoo! I'm going back to Disney World!!!!!!

Thanks LL!! I didn't think I'd go back for 2-3 more years since Todd thinks we should wait a bit longer to go so there isn't so much baby equipment, naps, et al for us to worry about and I think he's right. The boys will be 8, 6 and 4 ish next time and that would be perfect, I think. SO, at least this gives me a fill without having to wait so long!! And, me and Mom get to do IASW together again!! LOL!! Just in case you were wondering where we'd start out trip!!!
OMG...I would NEVER think of you as a bad mom...don't even think that for one second!!! You will have such a great time with your mom and sister, you're still a daughter and think of how much that will mean to your mom. Of course, it will be hard to go without the kids...I'm sure once you get there you will be fine. But, you could consider it a "research trip," for them. You will be able to take in so much more because you won't be preoccupied with "are they lost, are they hot, are they cold, are they hungry, are they thirsty, do they need to be changed, are they asking for something...et al." You can just take it all in...with the mindset, that you will have so much to share with them when you take them back. One of the days, on our last trip...I took off to the MK to shop, while Bobby took the girls to the pool and on a boat. I walked in and out of every store...took pictures...walk up and down all the little side streets, off Main St...it was only for a couple of hours but, so peaceful. There is soooooo much to see, that you've probably never had the chance to notice. I'm so excited for you and your mom and sister!!! I see you already posted your new ticker, too.
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #142
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are So not a bad mom--because if you are then so am I! LOL...I will be in WDW in 10 days without the kids and DH for---MY MOMS BIRTHDAY PRESENT Sound familiar? lol We aren't bringing my sister though, we are bringing my best friend.

So yes, I should be doing a PTR but instead I am getting hooked on other reports here (such as yours!) and I can't really start mine....Maybe next week I'll get it going.

I do have a TR on the board from this last trip (that was 8 of us---4 adults 4 kids) but it isn't complete (titled Come One, Come All)...I am SO bad with finishing...thats why I am going to work hard on a LIVE report this trip. So be on the lookout.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #143
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

I love your trip report! I love the package from Peter Pan with "NO HOOKS"! Too cute! And the pics from Mickey and Minnie's houses are nice cause you can look at the details you may miss when you're wandering thru the house too fast!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #144
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
OMG...I would NEVER think of you as a bad mom...don't even think that for one second!!! You will have such a great time with your mom and sister, you're still a daughter and think of how much that will mean to your mom. Of course, it will be hard to go without the kids...I'm sure once you get there you will be fine. But, you could consider it a "research trip," for them. You will be able to take in so much more because you won't be preoccupied with "are they lost, are they hot, are they cold, are they hungry, are they thirsty, do they need to be changed, are they asking for something...et al." You can just take it all in...with the mindset, that you will have so much to share with them when you take them back. One of the days, on our last trip...I took off to the MK to shop, while Bobby took the girls to the pool and on a boat. I walked in and out of every store...took pictures...walk up and down all the little side streets, off Main St...it was only for a couple of hours but, so peaceful. There is soooooo much to see, that you've probably never had the chance to notice. I'm so excited for you and your mom and sister!!! I see you already posted your new ticker, too.
Hi Leighan!

Thanks for making me feel better about going, I'm so excited, I have never left them before and to leave them for 5 days to go to Disney seems so frivilous, you know? I'm SURE we'll all be fine!!! It will be SO good for me in so many ways, I'm making my Mom SO happy and shh...it's good for Todd too to see what I do every day around here, too, as a SAHM!!

Your afternoon in MK sounds wonderful, just reading that made me feel like this trip is going to be wonderful....it won't be a rushed day at all, we can shop, eat when we want, rest when we want, see something if want to or not....ahh, it seems like a REAL vacation! LOL!!

I just called AAA to check about the week prior to what I had booked to see if there was a difference in cost, there isn't, so we may move it up a week...my anniversary is the week we were thinking of going-- which isn't a biggie since we'd probably go out the weekend before or after it to celebrate but we should at least be home together that day. LOL!! AND for Todd's work schedule, it will be better too....so it may now be 9/14-18th instead. You'll notice the chance in my ticker when I change it.

Looking forward to my "research" trip!! LOL!!!
ttys!
Kristen
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #145
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
You are So not a bad mom--because if you are then so am I! LOL...I will be in WDW in 10 days without the kids and DH for---MY MOMS BIRTHDAY PRESENT Sound familiar? lol We aren't bringing my sister though, we are bringing my best friend.

So yes, I should be doing a PTR but instead I am getting hooked on other reports here (such as yours!) and I can't really start mine....Maybe next week I'll get it going.

I do have a TR on the board from this last trip (that was 8 of us---4 adults 4 kids) but it isn't complete (titled Come One, Come All)...I am SO bad with finishing...thats why I am going to work hard on a LIVE report this trip. So be on the lookout.
It's good for us Moms to take some time for ourselves every once in awhile, right? Plus, it makes us better Mothers when we get home and we get to spend time with our Moms, too!! Let's hope our kids are as great doing something like this!! LOL!!

Would love to read about your girl trip!! Write a PTR!!! You'll have some readers.....hint, hint!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmetke View Post
I love your trip report! I love the package from Peter Pan with "NO HOOKS"! Too cute! And the pics from Mickey and Minnie's houses are nice cause you can look at the details you may miss when you're wandering thru the house too fast!
Thank you!!! Thanks for joining in!! Mickey and Minnie's houses are so cute and you're right, there are so many details you'd miss just walking through, I noticed so many things this time that I didn't last!!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #146
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 4 our seperate time....

So I left off in Toontown, we were going our seperate ways for a bit. Tracey and Hailey were off to see the princesses, Adam and Zach were going to explore some more in Toontown and Todd and I decided to take the boys to see Mickey again, after all we were in Mickey's house, we needed to see him again!!

When waiting in line in front of Mickey and Minnie, Cole got down and was watching them like a hawk but seemed like he may be warming up a bit, I was excited that we may actually get a nice family pic with the characteres. We got a lot of photopass pictures here, but you'll have to wait for those (sorry!) but here are a couple of us with Mickey and Minnie....what do you think?

Obviously, Todd and I are more concerned with how Cole is handling this rather than looking at the camera....let's hope that Photopass pics are better!! LOL!!

He wasn't buying it!! Oh well...maybe our next trip!!

After we visited with Mickey and Minnie for a bit, it was time to meet up with everyone else. It was about 1 or so and we needed to get all the way to the front of the park (remind yourself-- we have two stollers, wandering 3 & 6 year olds and hungry babies!!) to Tony's for lunch. The best bet? Probably the train, but for some reason we decided to walk it......and thankfully, we made it just in time! Phew!!! And were were hungry!!!

Here is a quick pic of Cole enjoying part of Todd's lunch....

We spent a good hour having lunch, freshening up some, changing baby diapers and when we walked out of Tony's we found it was parade time already!! What timing, it was a pretty good view....

Obviously, I liked the parade, hence all the pictures...but wait, there's more!!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #147
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 4 parade continued...

Here are the kids watching the parade...

...and some more parage pics, I hope I'm not boring you!!
The princesses

Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #148
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 4 the end of our day....

This is what Lukey thought about it...lol!

After the parade, we decided to walk our way over to see if we could get on Splash, it was warm, so why not? We got there and the wait was 70 minutes and the fast pass was hours away. We didn't plan to be there that much longer today so we passed on it and never did get to ride it this week. It was a shame but most of the days it wasn't warm enough and we didn't plan well enough to get FP early enough so we missed out.

It was SO busy in Frontierland...I think this was the first time we noticed the extra confusion of Pop Warner. The cheerleaders were everywhere chanting and we just had to get out of there and fast!! We ended up going to the train station there and catching a ride...the kids were all getting tired and we thought we'd just do a couple more things and call it a day.

We took the train and eventually got off in Toontown again and followed the path behind Space Mountain and decided to do and oldy but a goody. Carosel of Progress, I really like this show and so do the kids. Cole loved the song and danced his was through the entire thing.

It was time to call it a day but before we did, we asked the kids what they wanted to do for the last ride of the day and it was unanimous!! Buzz!!! So we did a quick ride on Buzz Lightyear and called it a day.

We had a quick CS dinner at Everything Pop that night, gave the kids a quick bath and it was another ending to a great day at Disney World!!

As usual, we adults met outside on our "deck" and had some coffee and chatted about our day. We really had some great nights out there catching up, laughing about the days events and having some snacks that the kids didn't know about and that we didn't need to share!! LOL!!

Tomorrow is our "down day"- what will we do? Will it be warm enough to swim? We have tickets to see MVMCP and dinner plans at Chef Mickey's stay tuned....
Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #149
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

What a great TR! It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time! I love all the pics, too. Your kids are beautiful!

I have three boys, 6, 4 and 3. I was really nervous about taking them, but your TR is giving me hope!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #150
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
What a great TR! It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time! I love all the pics, too. Your kids are beautiful!

I have three boys, 6, 4 and 3. I was really nervous about taking them, but your TR is giving me hope!
Hi!! Thank you and thanks for joining in!! You'll have a blast...trust me, it will be nutty, but good nutty!! I see that it will be your first trip? Where are you staying? Would love to hear the details!! If you have any questions, that maybe I can answer since we've done it twice now with the kiddos, just let me know!!

Looking forward to getting to know you!!
Kristen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: