Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Geyser Gazer
Mouseketeer

Smile Geyser Gazers do Spring Break at Disneys Hilton Head Island Grand Villla Style.

We (Darlene, Eden, Sydney and I) invited two of my wifes sisters (Debbie and Donna) along with their families (Aaron, Lukas, Emma, Olivia, Tanner, and Hunter) to vacation with us. We left Saturday 3/21/09 at 6am arriving in Columbia SC after an 11 hour drive. We ordered pizza and watched a movie on the Hyatt Place 42"" flat screen. The rooms were nice, big, and comfortable.

After a nice continental breakfast we arrived at Disneys Hilton Head resort by noon, subway sandwiches in hand. Our Grand Villa was ready for us and we all stood in awe as we entered. There were 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 decks a full kitchen, woodburning fireplace, and jacuzzi tub. After lunch we rented bikes and headed for the beach. The sand is packed so well here that you can ride for miles and miles along the shoreline. After hitting Sam's Club we had dinner and chilled out before calling it a night.

Most days were spent swimming, biking, walking along the beach, hunting for shells, hot tubbing, and just hanging out. One day the waves were good so I taught some my neice and nephews how to bodysurf. The ocean was cold but we had so much fun we did not care. One afternoon we walked alongside a pair of dolphin swimming near shore for over a mile. We did the campfire and caught a couple of Blu Crabbe shows during our stay. One night we made popcorn and watched "Curse of the Black Pearl" after having spent the day staring out over Davy Jones Locker. Darlene and I snuck out for the sunrise and breakfast at Signes bakery twice, once with our oldest daughter Eden. We had homeade pastries, crumb cake, and my favorite key lime bread pudding. While most of our meals (lasanga, cheesburger cookout, chicken pasta, chickens soup, pancakes, ham, sandwiches) were at the Villa Donna and Aaron treated everyone to lunch at the Salty Dog Wednesday afternoon which we all enjoyed.

We were lucky to have had nice weather (mostly sunny in the low 70's) throughout our trip and after a few hours of packing and cleaning we left the resort Friday morning 3/27/09. After 13.5 hours of driving in the clouds, rain, and beautiful smokey mountains we arrived home safe and sound just after midnight.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

glad to hear you got to Signe's twice! I love breakfast there. Hmmm, key lime bread pudding. I've had the key lime pound cake, but never the bread pudding. This sounds like reason to go back there again.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for posting about Hilton Head.
I was so close to the area, and I could kick myself for not checking it out.
70 is just about balmy for us midwesterns.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: