Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #46
aroyer
I am shy, but once you get know me there is no shutting me up!

Congrats DIT, that's so cool!

So.... I had to take DD to the dentist because she's been complaining about her molars hurting. She lost one and I figured it was the new one coming in and moving things around but I wanted to make sure. Turns out that the baby tooth that is sandwiched between the new one coming in and another adult tooth is severely chipped. Food is getting trapped back there next to the adult tooth and could cause a cavity on the adult tooth. So it needs to be filled. Thank goodness for the Health Savings Account. I am going to talk to him when he fills it- this is the 3rd baby tooth that has chipped like this- like majorly chipped, not just a little. One has been chipped for awhile, but it poses no danger to an adult tooth and it doesn't bother her so he hasn't done anything to it. He doesn't like to have us spend extra money if we don't need too (so appreciate that about him). The other tooth that chipped was loose- she lost it in two pieces at different times. ARGH! Ok, so thanks for letting me ramble about my childs mouth!

Last edited by aroyer; 12-04-2008 at 09:08 PM.
aroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #47
ddavis860
My dream job is to be the Fairy Godmother in the lobby of Cinderella's Royal Palace
But I have to say after this really hot winter, I'm looking forward to fall!Make assorted balls for snakes

Does your DD grind her teeth, or clench hard at night? If so, maybe the dentist could make a mouth guard for her. She would be hurting the new teeth too, if that is what is going on.

Just a thought that popped in my head.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #48
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
That's terrific, DIT!!!

AWM--I hope Little Bit is feeling better!!

Nan--I'd have to smack that nurse!! I'd definitely have a few choice words. . .hmmm, you know my cell #, text me when you're there, and I'll text a message to her! I hope DS is ok!!
Thanks SIOH! DH ran into her last night and had some words.. she could have cared less... DH noticed her attitude and approached the asst. principal who said he would be discussing this with her because school policy is that we be notified.... Accdg. to DS in discussions last night, he said it was no big deal.. the "gang" were talking (gang being all his guy friends) and he was walking backwards... he tripped over another friends leg.... hit his head into the locker w/ a thud... They took him to get ice.. nurse looked at him...said it's not bad.. here is some ice and left... yep, left the room... so DS left to go back to class... she never came to check on him the rest of the day.... I think I know someone on the list of needs to retire that has jumped all the way to #1!!!

PrincessNancy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #49
party of 3
i can't believe that i will have to put pants on
Hates it when they misplace the Crock Pot Sticky!

Nan that is just something. she so needs to retire.
hugs to him!
Ashley- so sorry to hear that you dd is having teeth issues. there is nothing worse than a tooth ache.
hugs to her!

party of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #50
ddavis860
My dream job is to be the Fairy Godmother in the lobby of Cinderella's Royal Palace
But I have to say after this really hot winter, I'm looking forward to fall!Make assorted balls for snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
Thanks SIOH! DH ran into her last night and had some words.. she could have cared less... DH noticed her attitude and approached the asst. principal who said he would be discussing this with her because school policy is that we be notified.... Accdg. to DS in discussions last night, he said it was no big deal.. the "gang" were talking (gang being all his guy friends) and he was walking backwards... he tripped over another friends leg.... hit his head into the locker w/ a thud... They took him to get ice.. nurse looked at him...said it's not bad.. here is some ice and left... yep, left the room... so DS left to go back to class... she never came to check on him the rest of the day.... I think I know someone on the list of needs to retire that has jumped all the way to #1!!!
Wow, I hope she gets a dressing down from someone! D@MN straight policy is to call! And to leave him? Totally unacceptable! She is a piece of work! It's just so good that your DS is OK, but if this is how she treats possible head injuries, what about the next time a kid gets hurt?
Old 12-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #51
aroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis860 View Post
Does your DD grind her teeth, or clench hard at night? If so, maybe the dentist could make a mouth guard for her. She would be hurting the new teeth too, if that is what is going on.

Just a thought that popped in my head.
I have heard her grind them a few times while sleeping, I wonder if it is more frequent than I thought. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks Holly- I think she will be really glad to have it filled, she said it was bothering her this morning.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #52
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

DD is now wearing a night mouthguard/slash retainer... she said it's annoying but she finds her teeth don't hurt like they use too... I bet she was grinding them at night... She is wearing hers mainly because after her braces were off..the retainer they made her...allowed her teeth to move and went from and over bite to an under bite..

Hope they get your DD fixed up and she doesn't have to have much more work done!!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #53
aroyer

Yikes Nan, teeth moving is not good!!! Yeah, I definitely want to figure out why they are cracking, so far its just been the baby teeth. Her dentist tends to think that she will be in braces in the next year or so, I will be interested to see what her orthodontist says. We see him again in March.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #54
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Yikes was right!!!

All my kids will need braces.. after the first of the year, I need to get DS12 in and get him set up.... than in about 4 more years we'll get DS8 than will be 12 in.... I don't want to put them in early because our insurance will only pay for it once....

My kids have very small mouths too so their teeth are in there tight!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #55
aroyer

At the moment DD has plenty of space between the adult teeth and the baby teeth, but we are all anticipating that to change. Her dentist sent us to an orthodontist about a year and a half ago to start monitoring her mouth. I really like the ortho, he's very realistic. That's why I was a little shocked when her dentist said the next year or so. She goes for her check up with the ortho in March, so we'll see what he says then.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #56
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Our dentist said DD would need them ASAP... sent us to the orthodontist... she laughed and said... nope she still has baby teeth... then she asked who our dentist was..she laughed...and said.. .he just got you in here so that your name was on the list so that no one would bump you out of getting the best orthodontics in town!!!! So, since our dentist is a family friend I've been ribbing him routinely about sending us in just to get an ADR (advanced dental reservation)!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #57
aroyer

That's hysterical- ADR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: