DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #91
mndisfam
DIS Veteran

Out of curiousity, what would be anyone's guess as to what an "elite" (to use the op's word) level of points would be?

Is there a thread somewhere about the average number of points DVCers have?

I can name a perk I think they should have for DVC. A "Club" in each park with chairs, bottled water, a cast member for help, Disney information. Make it pretty public, and when non DVCers see us ducking in for a break, I think it would be good publicity.

I have always wished there was a way to "Stand out" a bit as DVCers when we are in the park. I would take any DVC perks that come my way at a resort, but thats not important to us.We would love something that would reward us over all the other park goers for investing in Disney - like maybe a few extra fast passes - like 2 an hour, eg.

Or, a bump ahead in ressies. Anything that eould make long hot days at the park better...
4/1/07: 2nd trip on Magical Magic 8/12/07: Great August trip & WONDERful cruise
06/8/08: Take Grandma Shirley to the World 08/17/08: Panama Canal - TOAL!!!!! 08 /08/09: Great Western Carib. Cruise!!! 12/18/10: Magical 11 night Xmas Cruise 9/26/11: Almost 3 weeks in Paris at DLP!! 12/24/11: Magical 7 night Xmas Cruise!! 02/25/12: Men do Man Week at World!!
WE LOVE DVC
mndisfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #92
mgriff75
Earning My Ears

Ok, so I am one of those 25 point members. But the reason I bought 25 points is because I already own 500k Wyndham Points. I really didn't need any more timeshare time, but I wanted the DVC perks. So a small contract works, and I am a full DVC citizen. I really like that about DVC, but I wouldn't sell my 25 points if the rules changed, unless I lost the perks I currently have. But, I might buy more points if it got me more perks. DVC might loose a little money on me, considering my MF's are low, but they are the same per point as the rest of you. Small point holders didn't make the system, we are just using it. But Disney certainly doesn't loose money on me. I have been there 4 times this year. In other timeshare programs they charge a "club fee" and then a per point maintenance fee. The club fee takes care of the cost of having a member and the MF's take care of the property. That would be an option for DVC if they were loosing money on the low point owners.

The idea of an elite club doesn't bother me that much if they are just giving extra perks, but Wyndham has used it aggressively to sell more points, and create different classes of owners. I will list some of Wyndham's VIP benefits, maybe you will get the idea of what DVC could do with an elite club.

Reservation Transactions, $35 each if you go over your allotment, free to VIP members.

Housekeeping Credits, $1.50 each if you go over your allotment, if you take a short trips instead of week long vacations you will go over your allotment. Free if you are a VIP member. (you need 77 house keeping credits for a 2 bedroom reservation, so it would cost you $115.50 for cleaning the unit if you are out of credits)

Last minute reservations. If you are a VIP member you get a point discount.

The point is that if you are a VIP member you are ok, but if not they are going to nickel and dime you with fees every chance they get.

I don't really think DVC will go this route, but you can see where I would really like the fact that DVC treats everyone the same, and be concerned when I hear of an "elite" program.

Matthew
mgriff75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #93
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
So basically this is like the old "class" system on ocean liners. I guess I'm in steerage. I really dislike this idea completely. You should either give perks to everyone or no one gets them IMO. Sometimes I really wonder how DVC comes up with these things. Do they have this room full of 20 somethings sitting around just making random decisions? I still don't understand why they did the redesign on Vacation Magic.
If DVC reads these boards, it could be because there have been various threads through the years, that Disney should have a 'frequent flyer' type program that rewards their most loyal customers.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #94
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriff75 View Post
Ok, so I am one of those 25 point members. But the reason I bought 25 points is because I already own 500k Wyndham Points. I really didn't need any more timeshare time, but I wanted the DVC perks. So a small contract works, and I am a full DVC citizen. I really like that about DVC, but I wouldn't sell my 25 points if the rules changed, unless I lost the perks I currently have. But, I might buy more points if it got me more perks. DVC might loose a little money on me, considering my MF's are low, but they are the same per point as the rest of you. Small point holders didn't make the system, we are just using it. But Disney certainly doesn't loose money on me. I have been there 4 times this year. In other timeshare programs they charge a "club fee" and then a per point maintenance fee. The club fee takes care of the cost of having a member and the MF's take care of the property. That would be an option for DVC if they were loosing money on the low point owners.

The idea of an elite club doesn't bother me that much if they are just giving extra perks, but Wyndham has used it aggressively to sell more points, and create different classes of owners. I will list some of Wyndham's VIP benefits, maybe you will get the idea of what DVC could do with an elite club.

Reservation Transactions, $35 each if you go over your allotment, free to VIP members.

Housekeeping Credits, $1.50 each if you go over your allotment, if you take a short trips instead of week long vacations you will go over your allotment. Free if you are a VIP member. (you need 77 house keeping credits for a 2 bedroom reservation, so it would cost you $115.50 for cleaning the unit if you are out of credits)

The point is that if you are a VIP member you are ok, but if not they are going to nickel and dime you with fees every chance they get.

I don't really think DVC will go this route, but you can see where I would really like the fact that DVC treats everyone the same, and be concerned when I hear of an "elite" program.

Matthew
A little OT, but what are your MF's on 500k points?(Since you brought it up! )

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #95
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

So the real question is, what was the point cut off for those that received the survey? I've got 240 and did not get it.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #96
roxmic
Mouseketeer

We've got 510 points and did not get one either.

roxmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #97
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmic View Post
We've got 510 points and did not get one either.
Hmmm... about 20% of the membership have more than 500 points per a survey I did last year but that goes down to 6% once you are at 750 points.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #98
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

880 here, didn't get the survey!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #99
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

We got it and are well over 1000, so I think we know where the cut off is!

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #100
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyinoc View Post
Clubs are always good ideas. I am a Diamond member on Royal Caribbean and I am loyal because of it. I hope its not to punish resale. I bought resale but will buy more points direct in the future. Perks are Perks. It should be by how many points you have. If you are over 500 you deserve to be in a special club. Hey Club 500 sounds good. Gives me a goal to make
Yeah, actually, we're just Platinum on Royal Caribbean, but the perks (private check in lounge, priority check in, free wine tasting, and discounted cabins) certainly make us more likely to choose Royal Caribbean over other cruiselines. That's actually a big part the reason we've never tried Disney Cruiseline...

Actually, I have another good example of a loyalty program that I wouldn't mind seeing some perks from. I'm an Omni SelectGuest member, and I have been for years. When we stayed at an Omni two weeks ago in San Antonio, we were checked in when we arrived for the exact type of room I'd requested. We got 2 free drinks of our choice delivered to our room every morning with a free paper. (They actually did 2 drinks per person, so we ended up with a lot of bottles of water and cans of diet coke.) We had lovely, plush spa robes provided for the length of our stay. They also presented our son with a goodie box that had candy and some toys in it, although they may have given that to all kids checking in. They also left us chocolate chip cookies in our room one night. We really ended up feeling like we'd been treated very well this trip, and it made us remember why we loved that particular hotel. (The funniest thing was that I'd booked on hotwire to save money for this last minute trip... so we weren't paying anything near rack rate. When I realized I'd gotten the Omni, I figured it didn't hurt to call and ask if they could link it to my select guest account. They did quite happily and we were treated well our entire trip.)

Anyway, I would love to see something that gave increasing small perks to owners of different point levels. I think they ought to have a lot of levels, so the next level always looks like it wouldn't be too hard to acheive. I think it could definitely encourage people to buy just a few more points... it might even work on me.

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #101
Goofy DVC
OKW member since 93

I'm a Priority Club Platinum Member, and I got to tell you the rewards are awesome. So much so that the onlyplace I will stay when I travel on business is Holiday Inn. They treat me like royalty. Free upgrades to suites,when available which is quite often, free drinks,points to be used for a variety of things, free breakfast, free welcome bag, free newspaper, personalized welcome card in the room and others. I obviously don't get all these all the time but they are great.
One time I was in Des Moines at a brand new Holiday Inn right when it opened. They recognized me as a platinum member and ask me to meet with the mangement to share any feedback. The meeting was at the bar with all drinks on the house. I must admit this "elite" club keeps me coming back.
Goofy DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #102
Melani
"keep moving forward"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriff75 View Post

Matthew

That's frightening!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #103
aurorafan
Mouseketeer

I don't think I'd mind as long as they didn't take away the perks we already have (as others have said). If they just want to add new perks for members with more points I think I'd be okay with that--depending on what they were . If they start messing with the reservation windows I'd have a problem. If they want to give them concierge-type service or something similar after a certain number of points I say go for it. People pay more cash to stay concierge level to get those perks, why not buy more points to get those perks?

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/ou7voetehmbcaz9y.png[/img]

DH (38) , Me (40) , DS (11) , DS (8)
Happy AKV owners since March 2008! First trip home December 2008
Previous visits: 1972 ('73?) Contemporary, 1982 DL Hotel, 12/89 offsite, 10/07 POR, 2/08 POR, 6/08 Hilton DTD, 12/08 AKV, 01/09 AKV
aurorafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #104
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

We have 1,000 points and we participated on the online survey about the new club.

Many businesses reward people who frequently purchase their services or products, so I think this is a great idea.

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #105
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

I have over a million Wyndham points and am platinum with them. I didn't pay developer pricing for most of my points, but did make a developer purchase to become platinum, and I do enjoy my extra perks.

I have a 25 point contract with DVC just for the perks (AP discount), and I will say that I have gotten more in discounts than my MF and purchase price. If DVC decides to have have an "elite club" or take away some of my privileges, I won't be mad. I will just consider it a prudent business decision on their part. I will then decide to either purchase more or sell whichever is best for me and my "vacation (timeshare) portfolio"
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: