DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #61
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

The question I have is IF they do institute an elite club based on the number of points owned, what are the perks and WHO is paying for them if there is a value involved? I don't think the dues paid by anyone not invited into said group should be used on these perks.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #62
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

I heard rumors of this a year ago. I do know that DVD keeps track of points that members own for the purposes of marketing.

I wouldn't be surprised if members who meet the magic number get moved to a Senior Guide or group who specializes in selling to the VIPs. I also would expect a special team to process their requests and make their reservations.

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #63
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
The question I have is IF they do institute an elite club based on the number of points owned, what are the perks and WHO is paying for them if there is a value involved? I don't think the dues paid by anyone not invited into said group should be used on these perks.
And, of course, once you start up an ongoing perk, you got to keep it going forever, otherwise you will have a bigger outlash than you currently have.
A Club store with special logo merchandise for sale or an explicitly one time thank you, OK. Ongoing red-carpet treatment, bad idea. As Disney has proven in the past, they like to cost reduce. In fact, if they did not keep cost reducing, they would not have to consider this rediculous club.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:29 AM   #64
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

We can't do referrals over here in Europe, so I vote for a club for the Non-US members
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #65
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
I heard rumors of this a year ago. I do know that DVD keeps track of points that members own for the purposes of marketing.I wouldn't be surprised if members who meet the magic number get moved to a Senior Guide or group who specializes in selling to the VIPs. I also would expect a special team to process their requests and make their reservations.

I think they DO keep track of how many points people own 'cuz we never receive their mailings in the first group that reports getting them - we're ALWAYS at least 10 days out from when some people first get them. And even though I have signed up for the emails on the member website multiple times we NEVER get the emails from DVC. Never, not ever. I think there is definitely a point trigger somewhere to say we're not in the top ownership group so why bother contacting us.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #66
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbox View Post
"Member Treasures"?

I'm sorry - it just sounds like the title of a DVC "adult video".

Please no.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #67
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I think they DO keep track of how many points people own 'cuz we never receive their mailings in the first group that reports getting them - we're ALWAYS at least 10 days out from when some people first get them. And even though I have signed up for the emails on the member website multiple times we NEVER get the emails from DVC. Never, not ever. I think there is definitely a point trigger somewhere to say we're not in the top ownership group so why bother contacting us.
And I thought it was a just being in Wyoming thing. Pony express etc , we are also late to receive the mailings.

I must disagree about the point trigger.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #68
Terry S

DVC Member - BCV
Cinderella's twin sister

Let's be honest here... Isn't the real question on everyones mind......

How many points do I have to own to be in the club???
Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #69
DVC Grammy
DVC AKV Concierge =

DVC Veteran

From what I've read on this (and other) DVC forums, there have been suggestions that some of the owners with large amounts of points "dabble" in renting them out.
If the determining factor for perks IS the number of points, there's a good possibility that in the future, the rental boards will show a higher price pp for reservations with "special perks"!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #70
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Let's be honest here... Isn't the real question on everyones mind......

How many points do I have to own to be in the club???
Me thinks you have said it all.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #71
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Grammy View Post
From what I've read on this (and other) DVC forums, there have been suggestions that some of the owners with large amounts of points "dabble" in renting them out.
If the determining factor for perks IS the number of points, there's a good possibility that in the future, the rental boards will show a higher price pp for reservations with "special perks"!
I believe that there are times, i.e. financial, medical issues etc, that would preclude a person from using their points and renting may be an option, on limited basis.

I am not a fan of owning to rent. My .02 worth. But that is another show, thread we don't want to get going here.

Heck I am borrowed into the future on our points anyway.
KEWL!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #72
Terry S

DVC Member - BCV
Cinderella's twin sister

Could they make "The Club" membership be based on the number of stays instead of the number of points owned? That would weed out the renters.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #73
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
Good point.
I bought a small resale to get into the club, and plan to buy my bulk at GCV. If that will bring me up to 'real' membership status remains to be seen if they count real as the minimum buy in of 160, 100 or whatever else they come up with.
Really..I don't care if big point owners get some goodie, but I don't think it's right for that cost to be passed onto all, or that perk to dilute what we all get.
The poster who said that big owners pay so much more in MF than us little point holders but got tons of vacation time is right. My DH doesn't have that much vacation time to use, so my little points at OKW for once every three years and my hopeful points at GCV for some time every year is what fits for me. That's what Disney sells..adaptable to different vacation needs. What are they going to do? Buy all small resale contracts? Not allow contracts to be broken up into small chunks?
But also..this is all speculation as others have said. I just hope DVC thinks this through (and not leap into something like the infamous mug swap out in studios)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #74
magicmommy
DIS Veteran

I think whatever "perk" they offer should be to the member only. This would certainly take care of the commercial renters "selling" the perk. I would think a DVC member card and photo ID would serve the purpose as it does for the annual pass discount.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #75
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

Be careful what you ask for:

Your ultimate DVC perk.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2016788

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: