DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #151
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It would be against FL timeshare laws to use points for anything other than lodging. But, based on the number of points you own, they could give you Disney script to use towards tickets, dining, gift cards. But it would cost them money. I don't see them giving anything for free that is going to cost a bunch of money.
It's not against FL law to allow you to "exchange" points for cash items including tickets, shows, dining, etc. But I agree that it's doubtful we'd like the exchange rate.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #152
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
It's not against FL law to allow you to "exchange" points for cash items including tickets, shows, dining, etc. But I agree that it's doubtful we'd like the exchange rate.
But doesn't this conflict with the DVC statements that our points have no monitary value?

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #153
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerickson View Post
But doesn't this conflict with the DVC statements that our points have no monitary value?
Not at all. The statement in the POS is one of expectation, not limitation, just like the ones are about selling or renting for a profit. It's no different than having a coupon for a dinner or show which also usually has a statement about no monetary value.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #154
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerickson View Post
Not having a monetary value doesn't mean that Disney can't offer AP's for 45 DVC points. It just means that we can't directly get money for them.

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #155
disneynutz

Commodore's Club

Any body hear anything about the survey or additional info on a DVC rewards club?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #156
jdg345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Any body hear anything about the survey or additional info on a DVC rewards club?
I received my invitation/application today!

jdg345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #157
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg345 View Post
I received my invitation/application today!

What was it exactly that you received? Did it come via email or regualr mail????? What did it say?????
Old 09-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #158
disneynutz

The Commodore Club is the best deal going. We really enjoy the private Disney limo to and from the airport. No more DME for us!

Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #159
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2 View Post
What was it exactly that you received? Did it come via email or regualr mail????? What did it say?????
It said some like to stir the pot.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #160
laura-k
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
Hmmm, I picture a little card that allows the holder to get into the viewing deck at BLT while the rest of the DVC masses are standing in the hallway, entrance denied.
I haven't finished this entire thread yet but Just thought of this -

We bought at BLT in 2008 I won't be staying until 2010 but I was excited to hear about the lounge and I know it has been a weird thing here on the boards with the whole points verses cash stays and people from other dvc resorts ect. ect. members only stuff but haven't we always known that they could arbitrarily change this whenever they want -
It wouldn't cost them anything extra to change the rule on this and lock everybody but this special group out -it could be the new Elite Lounge -
laura-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #161
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-k View Post
I haven't finished this entire thread yet but Just thought of this -

We bought at BLT in 2008 I won't be staying until 2010 but I was excited to hear about the lounge and I know it has been a weird thing here on the boards with the whole points verses cash stays and people from other dvc resorts ect. ect. members only stuff but haven't we always known that they could arbitrarily change this whenever they want -
It wouldn't cost them anything extra to change the rule on this and lock everybody but this special group out -it could be the new Elite Lounge -
I doubt it. The perks for the CC can't cost Disney anything because it isn't a budgeted item. If they restricted the TOTWL to CC Members, their revenue would be reduced so that won't happen. They would rent it out to private parties though.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #162
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

Wow. What was the impetus for pulling this old topic out and dusting it off?

Last edited by ftballfan7; 09-19-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: proof read
ftballfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #163
going/again
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
Since the smaller contracts are only availble through resale (for those who don't already own) it sounds like it could be a way of damping down the resale market. The DVC salespeople will be able to hold up this new status as a perk by buying direct. WDYT???
We get new listings everyday from timeshare store, not one day goes by without at least 5/6 new listings, DVC should be more interested in keeping current members than thinking up stupid "elite" clubs. non DVC get every offer going, DVC owners nothing,
going/again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #164
Monorail Purple&Gold
How do you do? Mighty glad to meet you! Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Location: South Louisiana, Unit 21 Jambo House, Units 68D and 80A Kidani Village

Haven't read all 11 pages, but my 2 cents:

Now DVC is looking to make "haves" and "have nots" within the membership?

No thanks, not the kind of attitude I want to carry or instill in my kids! I want no part of DVC and elitism being in the same sentence.

Monorail Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #165
going/again
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisareniff View Post
I have no problem with the concept. I'm sure it would be little perks such as a reception or gift basket or maybe a fastpass. What's the harm? It does show an appreciation to those that have invested a lot of money in DVC. They should get a perk or two.

If you were putting a point requirement on this club, where would it be?? 300points? (not even a week in a two bedroom during dream) 500? (that's better, 1.5 weeks in a 2 bedroom during dream) 700? (now were up to 2 weeks) Or how about round it up to a solid 1000? How many people have 1000?

I vote for 500! 'cuse that's what I've got!
so have we, why should we get anything extra than someone who only say has 200, we bought what we needed as did the person who bought 200, DVC is rapidly turning into something I wish we had never bought
going/again is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: