Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Two Years has brought a Wedding, a Badookie and a Monkey PTR updated 2/26

Let’s start by introducing everyone
Me- Jillian The avid planner and lover of all things Disney
DH- Mike His 1st visit to the Mouse was for our Honeymoon this will be his 3rd trip
DS- Badookie Loves “Cars” and Buzz Lightyear aka “bud yightyear” this will be his 2nd trip
Dsis- Monkey My adorable younger sister this is also her 2nd trip and she cannot wait!

We were planning a trip for Nov. 2008, but with the ailing economy DH’s overtime went away and with that so did the trip, but it’s all good we are taking a longer trip have added the DDP and Badookie is old enough to understand We’re Going to Walt Disney World

Now I should have been a good Dis’er and started this trip report 6 months ago when I booked the trip, but I’ve been busy raising the Badookie and a visit from Santa Claus. We are traveling to Disney to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary
Here we are getting married March 17th 2007

Here we are in Disney World for our Honeymoon (notice a little something? This is actually Badookie’s 3rd trip he surprised us after we got engaged and since all the planning was done and paid for we got a wedding a honeymoon and a Badookie)

Badookie’s 1st trip out of My Belly

Now let's not forget about the Monkey this has been her nickname since she was 1

We got in for the 4 plus 3 deal and have added the DDP and the $200 gift card. So we are all set! Well almost there is still a TON to get done.
The Trip
Monday March 2nd to Tuesday March 10th, 2009
Now that Jet Blue has finally announced their Spring Sale we have decided to fly in a night earlier to save $200 by flying in the next day.
3/2/09- Holiday Main Gate East- Using our Priority Points (15000 just in case you wanted to know) to Pay for this stay since we are getting in so late 8pm arrival
3/3/09- We will be checking into CBR we are so excited to be staying here. Love the idea of a Caribbean theme and it will be the “Official “start to our Disney Vacation.
Our Itinerary So far:
Tuesday March 3rd, 2009
Check in to CBR and drop our Luggage with the Bellmen since I am sure the room will not be ready get our KTTK and head off to DHS
Now this wouldn’t be my first choice for our first day, but TGM gave it the green light and Monkey really wants to hit the “scary rides” first.
Lunch will be at Toy Story’s Pizza Planet and dinner will be in DTD

Wednesday March 4th
Magic Kingdom
We will be having breakfast with Pooh and “Tiggy” before the park opens and then hitting all of the rides that Badookie would enjoy the most.
The rest of the day is up in the air and we will be feasting off of Counter Services All day. I’m guessing Pinocchio’s Village and Cosmic Rays

Thursday March 5th
Epcot
Now we have never been able to ride Soarin’ so this will be the trip we get to do it. Now I have read all of the guides and think I have the best way to get there and get my fast passes.
Dinner will be the coveted Le Cellier a 5:40pm ressie so we can enjoy a lovely drink and snack later on in the night.

Friday March 6th
A well deserved day off and the arrival of my sister in law and nephew Woo HOO!!! I actually like my sister in law!
Breakfast at Kona Café Yum!
Shopping the Pool and Stroll on the Boardwalk
Dinner will be at Cape May Café I have already made all of our ADR’s so DSil will have to tag along or plan something a bit different.

Well I am officially tired and will continue tomorrow.

Last edited by soontobewed07; 02-26-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I'm here Jillian!

Love the comment "I actually like my SIL." Too funny!

I'm thinking we'll be at CBR the same time!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I had to read your TR to find out what a "badookie" was. Your badookie is soooooooooooooo adorable - oh my goodness!

Our first trip to Disney was during the first week of March and it was great as far as crowds go (we also got to the parks early and left early afternoon). We only had one day that it was really crowded, but I was expecting that.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Oh - and I just noticed your location. I was born and raised in Maine and am still a diehard Sox and Pats fan.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
karajeboo

Jillian - get used to the Badookie "oh he is so adorable" comments - no offense to you, but it's HIM I want to meet!!!! Unless you'll let me pinch your cheeks too!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Aghh why does ATL have to be so far from Orlando! The dates are the dates that I am considering going to Atl. Love badookie!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I'm here Jillian!

Love the comment "I actually like my SIL." Too funny!

I'm thinking we'll be at CBR the same time!!!!!
I am so glad that you will be there the same time I cannot wait to meet you and Ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I had to read your TR to find out what a "badookie" was. Your badookie is soooooooooooooo adorable - oh my goodness!

Our first trip to Disney was during the first week of March and it was great as far as crowds go (we also got to the parks early and left early afternoon). We only had one day that it was really crowded, but I was expecting thatCan't wait to hear more of your plans.
We Love March this will be our third trip, but last year we hit spring break and it was NOT a good time. I did alot of research before booking this trip including TGM and Touringplans so we'll see if it all works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Oh - and I just noticed your location. I was born and raised in Maine and am still a diehard Sox and Pats fan.
Love Love Love the Sox until Badookie was born we would go to at least 6 games a year. I have been a fan as long as I can remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Jillian - get used to the Badookie "oh he is so adorable" comments - no offense to you, but it's HIM I want to meet!!!! Unless you'll let me pinch your cheeks too!
Ok we'll trade I will ride EE with Ally 400 times and you can pinch Badookies cheeks all you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Aghh why does ATL have to be so far from Orlando! The dates are the dates that I am considering going to Atl. Love badookie!!!!
I really wish you could be there. Maybe you could come to Boston sometime so we could get together or maybe we could take a road trip and meet half way!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

So it is Saturday almost evening and we are expecting another 6 to 9 inches of snow . The Badookie is being fussy and Mike is working a 24 hour shift Oh and did I forget to say he lost my keys … Yup my last pair we are assuming the Baby threw out in the trash so needless to say we NEED to find this pair.
Well on to the rest of the trip plans….
I did re adjust a few times in the previous post Dinner for Le Cellier is at 5:40pm thank goodness I don’t think I would be finding a good time this late in the game.

So After a free day we are going to need to kick things in gear. So it will be a Park Hopping day for us.
We are going to head to Animal Kingdom and then it’s off to Magic Kingdom to see Spectro. Now this will be a simple day of snacks and counter service meals I have not planned any ADR’s today to give Badookie a rest from having to behave at a sit down restaurant something he does not like to do.
Sunday March 8th brings the departure of my SIL and Nephew and a very busy day for us
We start out with a very special breakfast no not Cinderella, but the Norway Princess breakfast. You see although I love Cinderella I am a huge fan of Snow White and Jasmine and Badookie loves the girls he is a ladies man. Now I don’t bring up Mike and Monkey a lot because they will go anywhere you want them too with only one request a piece this trip was very easy to plan.
So after a day riding all of the rides again we will tour the countries and then take a much needed break. A dinner at Chef Mickey’s will end our busy day.

Monday Brings our last full Park day and I am still trying to decide where to go. Magic Kingdom will be crazy and so I am thinking of swapping it for our Epcot day. I will have to see if I can change breakfast around or just stick with my plans and brave a busy Magic Kingdom. Then I will pack in the afternoon and we will head out to DTD to get some shopping done.
Now Tuesday we will be leaving to return home our flight leaves at 6am ,but we need a day to recover at home since Monkey has to return to school the next day.
I would love to know what everyone thinks of the plans please. I am hoping I am making things the least complicated they can be.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I'm joining in. I always like to end my trip w/ a visit to the MK. I get to say my "See you soon" - just feels more official in the MK than any of the other parks. If you think it would be too crazy then I'd try to swap it w/ Epcot!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
I'm joining in. I always like to end my trip w/ a visit to the MK. I get to say my "See you soon" - just feels more official in the MK than any of the other parks. If you think it would be too crazy then I'd try to swap it w/ Epcot!
That is why I had saved MK for the last day. I love saying my good byes there. I tend to park hop that last day so I can get any souviners I missed. I think I am going to see if I can change my breakfast for the next day so that it gives us an ADR everyday.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #11
karajeboo

Jillian - I think your plans look good! We always start AND end our trip at DTD. That way I can "ease" out of WDW. Cause I'm usually crying anyway - even though we're so close, I still can't stand to say goodbye!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #12
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

HI Jillian! I'm finally here. I love your plans - how fun to bring your DSIS! I always think I would like to end at MK, too - cuz it's so DISNEY! But I will also avoid the heavy crowds if at all possible. Maybe you could do half days at each park - MK for rope drop on this day, then Epcot in the afternoon. I guess after WS opens at 11, the crowds start to thin out in FW. You are making me start to think about doing my PTR!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Well Plan are always changing and it is making me officially crazy. I assumed when Dsil decided to come her and Dnep would be doing their own thing. Well NOPE I have been elected personal tour guide. So the day I had planned as down time has now become a full day at Magic Kingdom and my AK day is now none existant and has turned into an EPCOT day. Also I have had to change my dining plans around because it is their first time there and I (really Mike) didn't think Cape May for dinner was a Magical first experience.

Kara- I now see why inlaws are such a pain.

So I am looking for another dinner that would make an 11 year old giddy any ideas?

I am thinking Sci Fi or 50's prime time?

I thought I was done planning and I have to start all over again
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

My vote would be for Sci Fi. Stick with burgers and shakes and you'll be happy. We've eaten at both and I prefer Sci Fi. It's such a cool atmosphere - one that I think an 11 year old boy would love.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
karajeboo

Jillian, Jillian, Jillian...... don't abandon all your plans for inlaws!!! Been there, done that and you'll only resent them for it!!!! Do I need to make you reread my original TR (before Jeff made me edit it??)?

I've never been to Sci Fi or 50's Primetime, but it sounds like a fun place for an 11 year old boy - either one. Is that your DHS day? How about ESPN club on the boardwalk for burgers (and drinks for you and Mike!).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: