Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
honest_to_goodness
Earning My Ears

Fantasmin insight needed, and some other questions...

Oh my goodness...I just typed this whole gob of questions and when I spell checked it, *POOF*, all gone! It will never be written as clever and clear as was just *poofed*, so bear with me...

My DM, DD & DS will be at DLR from 12/6 to 12/11. We (for better or worse) will be there for CP, and the Cast Party/early closing. We arrive early (10 AM) so we will stow our bags at PP, then head to DL and Carnation Cafe for PS at 1 pm. Should we just finish lunch then park ourselves at the curb for the first CP? Then maybe after that, head to the rest of the park, because maybe it would be ~reasonably~ quiet in the rest of DL during the second CP? Should we plan on spending Sunday at DCA since maybe it would be quieter there due to CP being on Sunday, also?

Additionally, are there any restaurants, PS or otherwise, that you can have any sort of glimpse of Fantasmic? I called and there are openings for Cafe Orleans, maybe with an outside table, we'd be able to see a little? We have been to the park many times and never have seen F!, so I'd like to catch it this time.
I am a bit nervous as my DM thinks I know so much about DL, but that is in off season without the crowds to contend with...I don't want to diappoint her...
Sorry if there are any mis-spellings...no spell check then *poof* for me this time!
honest_to_goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
honest_to_goodness
Earning My Ears

I have to laugh!! There is a mis-speeling in the TITLE!! That would be [I]Fantasmic[I]....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
honest_to_goodness
Earning My Ears

Argghhh...mis-speLLing...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by honest_to_goodness View Post
Argghhh...mis-speLLing...
hehe! Kudos to you for leaving it and being able to giggle at yourself.

To the OP, Fantasmic! is a must see! You could try to watch it from the patio of Cafe Orleans, but there is a good chance of your view being blocked by people standing in the viewing area outside of the restaurant.

I enjoy gathering around one of the standing areas or if you are willing to arrive early, you can stake out a spot waterfront and camp out for a bit. It is an amazing show and not to be missed!

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
Cant wait to go
Earning My Ears

we just back tonight from our week trip and the show is a must see

they start and core off with rope a couple hours before the first show....some nights I think there is only one show though....we sat for about an hour ....but we sat behind the ropes.....the people in front of the ropes have to sit for the show....and behind the ropes you can sit and or stand....so we sat and eat dinner and then some of us sat and some of us stood or sat in our strollers......

Have fun!
oh....and if you are close by or in the path of wind...you will get a bit wet
Cant wait to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

We had the Fantasmic preferred viewing on out first night so we didn't check it out on the other nights but we did eat at Cafe Orleans on the patio one night when Fantasmic started. We could not see a thing because of the people standing. But I think some of the best "free" seats were on the bridge by Pirates. If you get to the shorefront ealry enough to get a good spot, you will most likely get wet from the mist

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: