Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

HI Dan!!

I wanted to take a sec and tell you how much I am appricialting your live TR!! We will be there this week NEXT year...it's nice to know that you're managing fine going against the TGM and UG grain...so to speak! I'm hoping to follow UG for the most part, but like you, it will be an extended family trip...1/2 of which are 1st timers. I know that at some point, my careful planning will go out the window. I'm excited to know that we'll survive

Paula
ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #32
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

Love your trip report. And the gracious but humorous way you are able to deflect criticisms.

I am able to feel your joy (and pain). I always compare touring WDW with extended family to herding cats. It's especially fun when all 12 family members are in Mickey ponchos (along with 44,217 other visitors).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #33
DanMedix
DIS Veteran

Thanks y'all. You guys are the reason why I'm posting...and the reason we all post like we do, I guess. G.I. Joe was right...knowing is indeed half the battle...

I've never tried UG, but I'm curious to see what the differences are. Perhaps for next time. (Next trip will be about 3 yrs or more away......possibly land/sea with cruise?)

heading out the door, stay tuned....
Day-Trip : EPCOT (10/92) / POFQ(7/94) / ASMu(11/01) / Day-Trip: Animal Kingdom (6/03) / CSR (11/04) / POP (10/07) / POP(11/08) THE STORY SO FAR: 2008 (with incomplete afterwards-link ) / POP(..yes, again!) 10/12 PTR HERE! / COMING SOON: POR (5&6/14)! Octonauts.....let's do this!
DanMedix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
mickaholic4077
I kicked cancer's butt!!

I love your report,Dan. Keep it up!!
mickaholic4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #35
feet1
Mouseketeer

Loving your report Dan!!

This has to be the funniest and most true statement ever...

Quote:
If I had to go to WDW (my happy place) with my in-laws, it would be a deal breaker! I'd rather lick my dog.

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #36
DanMedix
DIS Veteran

Tonight has been interesting, to say the least.....

....First off, in a move that seemed rather silly to me at first, AK had night time EMH....until 11pm! Of course, the only things that were open were:

-Camp Minnie-Mickey (char. greetings, and FOTLK)
- EE
- Kali (although NO ONE was on it!...too cold!)
- DinoLand's attractions (including Dinosaur)
- ITTBAB

Yes, even though a sign said that Primeval Whirl would be closed, they had it up and running (with a 60 min standby time) tonight.

The park, although lit, is quite DARK at night, as my DS so eloquently pointed out "IT'S DARK OUT HERE!"

Oh, it got worse from there.

We were standing in the beginning of the outside line at Dinosaur, when I realized we were behind a guy who'd had a colostomy (yep...bag and all), and seemed to be having an issue. This "issue" made a smell. DS (who, I remind you, is 5 yrs old), eventually got sick of the smell, and kindly let us all know by saying...

"OKAY, WHO KEEPS POOTIN'?"

.....because of this, I found out that Coca-Cola does indeed burn when it comes out of your nose. I'm just glad we were near the entrance, and the trash can....

ALMOST did lunch at the CS side of Yak and Yeti...until my family realized that they served chinese food. Needless to say, we headed straight to Restaurantosarus. I always enjoy the ambience in there. I like seeing the Dino Institute stuff on the walls (including the pics of Chester and Hester). If you haven't had a look, I recommend it.

As we left at about 9pm, I reveled in the fact that I had a brief moment on the bridge to Harambe.....and NOBODY ELSE WAS AROUND! I took a moment to lie on my back quickly, and then get up, to run back to my DW, DS, and DD, who had already disavowed all knowledge of who I was, and walking to the bus stop.

We hopped the bus to AKL, and took the DTD bus from there to do some quick shopping, and then head back to the hotel, with 2 sleepy kids.....

(YES, the inlaws didn't come with us on this leg. I don't know what they did......you can imagine my heartache....

...I need a hug....and sleep.....

...........in that order, would be best......)

Tomorrow is turkey day......Here's my plan:

AK in the AM

and, yes, we have a KAMIKAZE run into MK for thanksgiving dinner at CP.
(and yes, me without my machete)

keeping you posted as always.....

nitey nite
Day-Trip : EPCOT (10/92) / POFQ(7/94) / ASMu(11/01) / Day-Trip: Animal Kingdom (6/03) / CSR (11/04) / POP (10/07) / POP(11/08) THE STORY SO FAR: 2008 (with incomplete afterwards-link ) / POP(..yes, again!) 10/12 PTR HERE! / COMING SOON: POR (5&6/14)! Octonauts.....let's do this!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #37
sah95
Mouseketeer

Your reviews are the best! I think I woke up my family laughing so loud at the POOTIN' comment
sah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #38
CJ
DIS Veteran

Loving your report and I'm thrilled Primeval Whirl might actually be operational for my DS who's coming with his fiance on Saturday!!
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #39
maitlynn
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the updates, it's been fun to read your day by day live report! Gobble till ya Wobble tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #40
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the live report. I can't sleep, since 3 (kids) that are legal drinking age, came home for thanksgiving and decided to talk really loud after bar hours and just woke me up.

I was there 2 weeks ago, and I am really starting to appreciate how nice it was to go at a slow time. I've been at WDW twice during Easter, so I paid my dues.

The halogram at Pirates was down when I was there, what the heck is up with that?''

You do know there are elevator's at POP?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:25 AM   #41
pl'smama
A distant relation

Lovin't your live updates Dan! They are great. The pootin' comment did me in. I just love the honesty of kids!!!

Happy US Thanksgiving. Does CP serve turkey??

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #42
Pookie_Lee
Earning My Ears

Okay, I have to say I have read many trip reports, and found them educational... but this is great. I am sitting in the dark, early in the morning, rocking my sick 1yo DD and just about woke her and everyone else while reading this through. Absolutely wonderful!

Thanks for the updates, and honestly, thanks to everyone else for the responses. Licking a dog is about the best comment I have read in a while, and that is EXACTLY what I would rather do than take my in-laws (or my own parents for that matter) to WDW.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #43
DanMedix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
You do know there are elevator's at POP?
Yes, indeedy. But, here's something interesting and fun for those of you that haven't ever done it before....

on the 80's side, the stairwells are Rubik's Cubes, as many of you know. Next time you're there, do this: At night, walk downstairs, and look upwards, towards the inside of the lighted "cube", and not at your feet.....since the cube is kinda off-center, it will mess with your vision if you're not careful...

....a bit of free fun, indeed...
Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #44
TroyE
Mouseketeer

A natural buzz without liquor or drugs....I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMedix View Post
Yes, indeedy. But, here's something interesting and fun for those of you that haven't ever done it before....

on the 80's side, the stairwells are Rubik's Cubes, as many of you know. Next time you're there, do this: At night, walk downstairs, and look upwards, towards the inside of the lighted "cube", and not at your feet.....since the cube is kinda off-center, it will mess with your vision if you're not careful...

....a bit of free fun, indeed...

TroyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #45
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Did you enjoy your very first Dole Whip????????
DisneyFan32WI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: