Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Callum
Mouseketeer

Just Back - our DVC experiences

Returned yesterday after 7 nights in SSR and 4 in OKW.

Everything went to plan. Checked in at SSR about 6.00pm and our booking request for a Congress Park Studio was met. We were the last one facing the walkway to DTD and overlooking the lake. OK, a wee bit of a walk to the Carriage House and Water Taxi but we looked on it as the exercise we never took during the year

Our first time in OKW, checked in at 3.00pm, and our studio "near Hospitality House" was in Villa 23 right across the road from HH. Got to see more of the resort when taking the bus to the parks and some of the outlying buildings seemed a long way from the HH centre. Liked the theme and the atmosphere of OKW and we never tired of hearing Jimmy Buffett singing to us as we strolled along the walkway

We plan to bank next year's points and go again in 2010 with our (then) 10 yo niece. If all goes to plan - AKV. Just have to remember the booking window

Last edited by Callum; 11-21-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling!!
Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

You must have been at SSR at the same time as us - we checked out on Sunday.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Sounds like you had a great trip
Old 11-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
arielrocks
always planning another trip to Disney!!!

I want to try OKW - maybe on the next trip.......sounds relaxing!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
suzycute
DIS Veteran

DH and I stayed at SSR for our first trip "home" last month and loved it! We stayed in Grandstand for the first week and Congress Park for the couple of days after our Disney cruise and loved both locations for different reasons.

DD and I are going alone next September and are thinking of trying OKW - mainly because there are 2 beds in a studio! DH was not a keen DVC member and I bought our points with a legacy left to me. BUT he really enjoyed the trip and he was keener than me to look at the AKL and BLT models - if only the pound hadn't sunk so low - I think I might have persuaded him to add on!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: