Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
I am not sure if I should post this here or start a new topic, The yellow tickets. Since we are 2 families and one person booked the rooms and the vacation, will the tags just get sent to the person who made the trip or will the send it to both families?
Thanks
The luggage tags will be sent, in one info packet, to the main person on the reservation...that would be whoever made the reservation. That person will, in turn, have to get the luggage tags and vouchers to the other family.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
to the main person on the reservation...that would be whoever made the reservation.
That would be the main man, numero uno, the big cheese, the head honcho.........

I've heard a rumor (I don't remember where) that DME only sends 2 luggage tags now unless you contact them for more. Does anyone know if that's true? Thanks.
ntsammy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
That would be the main man, numero uno, the big cheese, the head honcho.........

I've heard a rumor (I don't remember where) that DME only sends 2 luggage tags now unless you contact them for more. Does anyone know if that's true? Thanks.
DME is sending out one tag per person on the reservation...so, family of four will get four tags. Only you traveling? Just one tag. But, you can call DME and ask for more to be sent out to you.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #19
CrabbyPatty
DIS Veteran

Newbie question about DME and timing

Hi - our flight home on 9/1/09 leaves about 5:30 p.m. Since we need to be out of the hotel by 11:00 a.m. and we won't have a PH ticket left for that day, we are pondering checking out of the hotel, checking our bags in (we are travelling via AirTran and can use the early bag check-in), and then going to a Disney resort for a very late breakfast or early lunch.

Then, after lunch, we would like to catch the DME from the resort hotel to the airport. Since I'll be calling in next week for ADRs, I wanted to learn first of all if we could do this (catch DME from a hotel other than the one we stayed in) and if so, how much time we should allow to get to the airport? Does DME give you a pick-up time based on when your flight is leaving?

A big thank you for any help! I really appreciate it.
WDW - 8/26/09 - 9/1/09 CBR * WDW - 8/28/10 - 9/2/10 CSR * DL - 8/13/11 - 8/18/11 - Ramada Maingate * WDW - 8/26/12 - 9/1/12 WL * DL - 8/13/13 - 8/19/13 - Fairfield Inn * DL - 8/23/14 - 8/27/14 - Anabella Hotel
CrabbyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyPatty View Post
Hi - our flight home on 9/1/09 leaves about 5:30 p.m. Since we need to be out of the hotel by 11:00 a.m. and we won't have a PH ticket left for that day, we are pondering checking out of the hotel, checking our bags in (we are travelling via AirTran and can use the early bag check-in), and then going to a Disney resort for a very late breakfast or early lunch.

Then, after lunch, we would like to catch the DME from the resort hotel to the airport. Since I'll be calling in next week for ADRs, I wanted to learn first of all if we could do this (catch DME from a hotel other than the one we stayed in) and if so, how much time we should allow to get to the airport? Does DME give you a pick-up time based on when your flight is leaving?

A big thank you for any help! I really appreciate it.
No, as of this time, you have to depart from the resort you are staying at. Your DME reservation is tied to your resort. Yes, it would be nice if you could choose where to leave from, but that isn't an option at the moment.
DME, does indeed, give you a pickup time based on your flight departure. If you have a flight leaving at 5:30, DME will pick you up about 2:30ish. You will need to be back at your resort about 45 mins or so before that pickup time. The time you are given is the time the bus leaves, not the time you should show up. So...you need to be at the bus stop about 15-20 mins before the p/u time given. If you have left any carryon bags at luggage services, at your resort, you will need 10 or so mins to get those bags handed off to you. A last minute bathroom trip, and a walk through the gift shop and you're ready to go.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
luvvacations
Earning My Ears

Our family will be staying at POP. We will take DME from the airport. When we check out we will need to get a car rental for the second week off site. Can my husband just take DME to airport to pick up our car rental?
luvvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #22
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvacations View Post
Our family will be staying at POP. We will take DME from the airport. When we check out we will need to get a car rental for the second week off site. Can my husband just take DME to airport to pick up our car rental?
Yep, not a problem. I do that at times.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Different question that I haven't seen addressed:

I leave next Friday, and have not received my ME package. I called yesterday about it, and was told not to worry about having the yellow tags on my luggage, just to give my claim ticket to the agent at the ME counter when I check in.

Has anyone had experience with not having the yellow tags on their luggage? I'm afraid that my luggage won't be located without that yellow tag, and I'm wondering if I should just get it at baggage claim before I go to ME.

Thanks for any help!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #24
luvvacations
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yep, not a problem. I do that at times.
Thanks!
luvvacations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #25
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Different question that I haven't seen addressed:

I leave next Friday, and have not received my ME package. I called yesterday about it, and was told not to worry about having the yellow tags on my luggage, just to give my claim ticket to the agent at the ME counter when I check in.

Has anyone had experience with not having the yellow tags on their luggage? I'm afraid that my luggage won't be located without that yellow tag, and I'm wondering if I should just get it at baggage claim before I go to ME.

Thanks for any help!
Many have just given a description of their bags, the number of bags and then handed over the claim receipts and had their luggage taken of care of with no problems.
If it makes you feel better, you can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to the bus with you. But the driver will then expect a tip from you when you are dropped at the resort.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #26
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Many have just given a description of their bags, the number of bags and then handed over the claim receipts and had their luggage taken of care of with no problems.
If it makes you feel better, you can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to the bus with you. But the driver will then expect a tip from you when you are dropped at the resort.
Thanks for your help!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #27
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

Another question here...

1. My husband, mother inlaw son and daughter will be arriving on July 19. We just got the ME tags for the Beach Club Villas/DVC.. My husband and son will be picking up the rental car onsite but mother inlaw and daughter are taking magical express. When my mother inlaw checks in at the ME counter.. does she have to alert them that my husband and son are picking up rental car despite the fact that they are on ME reservation and have ME tagged luggage?

2. WHen the ME tags came last week they sent one for myself and my older son. We are flying out 2 days earlier on thw 17th and staying at the WL for 2 nights then meeting up with the rest of the family when they fly in on the 19th and switching to the BCV. DIsney sent tags with my name and my sons name as well despite the fact we arent flying out with them. Instead of calling and requesting extra tags can we just put the tags with our names on the luggage. We will be getting an additional set of tags hopefully soon for our WL reservation.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #28
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
Another question here...

1. My husband, mother inlaw son and daughter will be arriving on July 19. We just got the ME tags for the Beach Club Villas/DVC.. My husband and son will be picking up the rental car onsite but mother inlaw and daughter are taking magical express. When my mother inlaw checks in at the ME counter.. does she have to alert them that my husband and son are picking up rental car despite the fact that they are on ME reservation and have ME tagged luggage?

You can just tell them that they won't be riding the bus. They can have tagged luggage, not a problem.

2. WHen the ME tags came last week they sent one for myself and my older son. We are flying out 2 days earlier on thw 17th and staying at the WL for 2 nights then meeting up with the rest of the family when they fly in on the 19th and switching to the BCV. DIsney sent tags with my name and my sons name as well despite the fact we arent flying out with them. Instead of calling and requesting extra tags can we just put the tags with our names on the luggage. We will be getting an additional set of tags hopefully soon for our WL reservation.
If you want your bags to go to WL when you fly in on the 17th, DO NOT use the BCV tags that are for the 19th. You will receive a separate set of tags for your WL reservation shortly. Use those tags!! If you don't receive a set of tags/boarding book for your WL reservation shortly, then call DME directly and make sure you are in their system!!!

Then when you swap over to BCV, either have Bell Services move your bags, or if your DH arrives, you can transfer them over in the rental.

The reason you got tags for everyone, is it's just easier for DRC (or member services) to enter it that way. Their system is woefully inadequate when it comes to entering folks with different flight patterns.

What I do when different members of my party have different flight schedules is just list everyone in my group, but don't list flight times. Magical Express can handle whoever is arriving whenever and their luggage without specific flight times/dates. The reservation is the important thing. Then when the folks arrive at the DME welcome center they each confirm their departing information at the desk. Each member of our party always receives the correct bus pickup time!!!
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

What time do you have to get your own luggage when arriving at night - after 10?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #30
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
What time do you have to get your own luggage when arriving at night - after 10?
Correct. The DME luggage transfer service is only in operation between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Passengers arriving at any other time must collect their own bags and take them to the DME bus for transport to their resort.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: