Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Which agency better Budget or Avis? Sunpass Q

Renting a full size car from MCO thru Costco. We are enrolled in Fast Break (Budget) and Wizard (Avis). Arriving Sat night around 8:30pm. Avis costs $16 more. Looking for the best rental experience. Least hassle, most direct (head straight to garage) and nicest car. Since they are essentially the same company, is one company better than the other? I don't mind spending $16 more if Avis has better cars/service. I haven't rented from either company for years.

Also, I have my own SunPass. How do I opt out of paying Budget or Avis for fees/tolls?

Thanks in advance!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Well, we have never rented from Avis, but our Budget experience was an absolute bust. We rented a midsize SUV, and received a high mileage vehicle that was beat up on the outside, had a smell on the inside (a chemical scent over top of something else.....it is our guess, based on the unique stink, that someone had smoked inside it and they had used some sort of product to try and mask the odor), and gave our DS an allergic reaction every single time we went somewhere in it.

It was such an awful rental that we will never give Budget a second shot. Once bitten, twice shy. We will stick with those companies that allow us to pick our vehicles, rather than be stuck with one that we are assigned

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We've rented from Avis at MCO many, many times. As Avis Preferred (and now Avis First) we were able to just walk over to the garage and right to our pre-assigned car. If we didn't care for the car that had been pre-assigned, we could simply take one from the exchange area. Quick stop at the exit to have your driver's license checked and off you go.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Also, I have my own SunPass. How do I opt out of paying Budget or Avis for fees/tolls?

Thanks in advance!
Forgot to answer this part. Its easy, just keep the Avis toll transponder in the off position and attach your own SunPass transponder to the windshield. Remember to register the rental car on your SunPass transponder account and you are all set. We've done that many a time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: