Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
PrincessLeighsDaddy
DIS Veteran

DDA Chapter 15

Hey all! here is our new home.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb because she worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

DDA Chapter 4
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716386

DDA Chapter 5
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742793

DDA Chapter 6
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1773591

DDA Chapter 7
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1806171

DDA Chapter 8
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1834982

DDA Chapter 9
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861225

DDA Chapter 10
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1891203

DDA Chapter 11
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1926687

DDA Chapter 12
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1950261

DDA Chapter 13
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1974990

DDA Chapter 14
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1993401
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

woohoo!! a new home.

and with that I'm off to bed!!

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
UP Disney
Now known as Disney Yooper

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (UP) & Saratoga Springs

Woohoo!!! I made it "home". I'm off to bed myself. Good night DDA!

Thanks Tom for creating our new home.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
ReAnSt
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Theresa- I like both outfits. I am thinking maybe wear the black and white dress but the jacket from the black set, to break up the pattern a bit and polish the look.

I have a shirt that is similar to the black and white pattern.

Good luck tomorrow. My Mom also has an interview tomorrow.

Vicki- You look great as well.

Tom- You are uber generous. Congratulations and good luck with your challenge.

Glynis- How are you doing?

Denise- How are you doing? I hope Rees is feeling better and no one else gets sick. Hugs and prayers to the girl's family.

Paula- Good to see you.

Mac- Hope things go well on both accounts.

One of these days I have to find time for the ornaments.

Night all!

Last edited by ReAnSt; 11-19-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeighsDaddy View Post
Wow! Some pretty lady pictures posted!

I just read something that made my day.
I participate in the Make a Wish Big Give. I made a Christmas set for a little girl and her Mom loved it. I was moved to tears.
She posted it in her trip report here.
You are such a wonderful person. I truly believe in Karma and you have so much that will eventually find its way back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
that's what I gotta do tonight....try out my new makeup...so I look like I know what I am doing tomorrow when I put it on for the interview.

After telling me I get to put another mailing together before I go, Richard offered a letter of recommendation. Makes me wonder what SPRC told him last night. The staff is taking me out to lunch on Monday...they weren't given a choice from what I can tell Between now and when I leave I won't go hungry....3 out to lunch dates and 2 in house lunches (if I decide to eat Pow Wow food tomorrow again)
Good luck with the makeup and with the interview.

I'm a makeup girl, have been for years. I rarely leave the house without makeup and Never go without at least mascara. I just don't look like me without it. That being said I love bare minerals and I try not to overdo it, I like natural, but better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
You are a very sweet man, Tom.
This bares saying again.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
my3princes

I should be in bed myself as I have another full day tomorrow. I am doing a craft project with Colby's class from 8-9 then off to my drug testing. I need to pick up Colby at 11:15 AM. Thankfully the rest of the day isn't planned out yet, but I certainly have a lot to do around here.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
my3princes

I just had to complete stranger ask to be my friend on facebook. Both Men. I'm guessing they saw my profile photo If only I still looked like that Anyhoo I hope that it's not in bad form to ignore friend requests from strangers
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I just had to complete stranger ask to be my friend on facebook. Both Men. I'm guessing they saw my profile photo If only I still looked like that Anyhoo I hope that it's not in bad form to ignore friend requests from strangers
Not at all. you choose who you want to have as friends. you can block them too if you need to

Old 11-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Tom, what a wonderful thing to do, her reaction was priceless.

Robyn, I hope poor Lucy is feeling much better.

Theresa, I vote for the solid black dress also. Good Luck with the interview.

Vicki, you look great!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 AM   #10
Mommy2EmMoLu
DIS Veteran

Tom- You are one special person.

Becky- Lots of and some for your mom too,

Theresa- I vote for the all black one as well.

Vicki- Wow!!!

Deb- I hope you pass "Whiz Quiz"!! Have fun with Colby.

Debbie- Ack, 3:34am, that is entirely too early to be up. I hope work is a little less crazy now that you've been back a few days.

Mac- Please forgive me, I hope that the conversation you had the other lead to bigger and better things for you on both fronts!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #11
Mommy2EmMoLu
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the well wishes for Lucy. She slept through the night, I only heard her cry out once and that was when we were putting the girls to bed.

I am hoping the antibiotic kicks in and clears it up. We are to leave on Wednesday for Michigan and I don't want to have to deal with her being sick while we are away from home.

I need to get things caught up around here, the dirty laundry has again overtaken the basement. I can so relate to the feeling that everyone is having of no motivation and overwhelming. You would think that me being home would at least let me stay caught up on laundry but I am lazy and don't want to bother with it when the kids are here. I can use nap time to do a lot and everyday I waste that time magnificently! So between the sleep issues, the girl scout stuff and then the regular day to day crap nothing ever seems to get done.

I haven't attempted to pack for our trip but I guess you need clean clothes to do that! I also need to clean, I mean really CLEAN, the house as Joe will be staying here when he comes home for Thanksgiving. He is so mad that we won't be here. Since he doesn't leave til Monday morning I promised him we'd be home early Sunday afternoon so we can hang out a bit. We plan to leave Michigan Saturday evening and drive half way and then stop for the night.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:07 AM   #12
KMH1
Shares well with others and doesn't run with scissors!
Known to post a little nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Tylenol is worthless.
This may only be a coincidence, but I gave Noah a small dose of Tylenol right before bed, since he's teething something fierce, and he set a new record in the sleep department...6 straight hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
Amy - Wow! Someone really went out of their way for that Stuffy sleepover. What a fun idea.
It was really cute. Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!

The two guys in charge are going to have to recruit help next time, because I know this is going to become a popular event. They told me it took them until 4 a.m. to take the pictures and finish the scrapbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Amy - I found the Box Tops! I will get them in the mail to you before February!
Thank you, thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
Where is everyone tonight?
Our router got disconnected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeighsDaddy View Post
Thanks!
The smile on that little girl's face is the reason why I do this!

Looks like we will have to find a new home soon!
You are amazing, Tom! Thanks for starting up our next chapter.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #13
KMH1
Shares well with others and doesn't run with scissors!
Known to post a little nonsense

I think I have ANOTHER sinus infection. This would be the third one since July. I have had a constant headache for a week now, so I'm going to go to the doctor this afternoon.

I think I've told you all before that Kevin and I never exchange presents for any occasion...we're just always saving for our next Disney trip. Well, I asked for a present this Christmas. I made a deal with him that I would find our laundry room floor, organize all the toys and closets, make a huge donation of various items to the next local charity who calls and asks for them, etc. and I would be rewarded with a cleaning lady!

Our neighbor cleans houses and she's agreed to come over and get down to the nitty-gritty while we're up in Huron for Thanksgiving. I am so excited!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 AM   #14
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

Quote:
I'm a makeup girl, have been for years. I rarely leave the house without makeup and Never go without at least mascara. I just don't look like me without it. That being said I love bare minerals and I try not to overdo it, I like natural, but better
I agree 100%! Of course, since I have practically clear eyelashes I NEED mascara at all times to not look like a zombie!

Quote:
Yeah, that's facebook for ya! I swear though, sometimes people click on every single name they see and add them to their friends list, just to get thousands of friends! Personally, I'm in the "removing friends" stage of my facebook relationship because I am tired of getting updates about people I never talk to anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2EmMoLu View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes for Lucy. She slept through the night, I only heard her cry out once and that was when we were putting the girls to bed.

I am hoping the antibiotic kicks in and clears it up. We are to leave on Wednesday for Michigan and I don't want to have to deal with her being sick while we are away from home.

I need to get things caught up around here, the dirty laundry has again overtaken the basement. I can so relate to the feeling that everyone is having of no motivation and overwhelming. You would think that me being home would at least let me stay caught up on laundry but I am lazy and don't want to bother with it when the kids are here. I can use nap time to do a lot and everyday I waste that time magnificently! So between the sleep issues, the girl scout stuff and then the regular day to day crap nothing ever seems to get done.

I haven't attempted to pack for our trip but I guess you need clean clothes to do that! I also need to clean, I mean really CLEAN, the house as Joe will be staying here when he comes home for Thanksgiving. He is so mad that we won't be here. Since he doesn't leave til Monday morning I promised him we'd be home early Sunday afternoon so we can hang out a bit. We plan to leave Michigan Saturday evening and drive half way and then stop for the night.
I am glad Lucy had a decent night. Thankfully the antibiotics should make her feel better in no time! I hope that's true this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH1 View Post
This may only be a coincidence, but I gave Noah a small dose of Tylenol right before bed, since he's teething something fierce, and he set a new record in the sleep department...6 straight hours!
I used to swear Tylenol was junk, both as a patient and a nurse, but when it's all you can have while pregnant (and you take it religiously, around the clock, for months ) you realize that it works wonders for some pains. I agree with Elizabeth though, that in some situations it's worthless. It really just depends on the type/source of pain.

I hope Noah sleeps better with the Tylenol going forward! My girls have been getting it scheduled since the teething started.

Speaking of teething, someone tell me this -- I hear that the insane crankiness settles down between the first tooth/teeth breaking through and the 2-year molars. If this is true, does it start when the teeth literally "break through", or when they're in and the child has forgotten about them altogether Elise's two bottom teeth are totally through, but of course they still have a ways to go before they're finished coming in. Am I making sense? I have what might be the worst teethers on the planet, and I'd love for them to chill out some day! Am I getting close, at least with one of the two?!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 AM   #15
tink2020
Suddenly Tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH1 View Post
I think I have ANOTHER sinus infection. This would be the third one since July. I have had a constant headache for a week now, so I'm going to go to the doctor this afternoon.

I think I've told you all before that Kevin and I never exchange presents for any occasion...we're just always saving for our next Disney trip. Well, I asked for a present this Christmas. I made a deal with him that I would find our laundry room floor, organize all the toys and closets, make a huge donation of various items to the next local charity who calls and asks for them, etc. and I would be rewarded with a cleaning lady!

Our neighbor cleans houses and she's agreed to come over and get down to the nitty-gritty while we're up in Huron for Thanksgiving. I am so excited!
Lucky you! I looked into getting a housekeeper when we were both working so much, but they're just so darn expensive when I look at what else I could buy instead, that I certainly can't justify it anymore! In my case now, the house not staying clean is my own fault!

(And, not to nag, but are you taking all of your antibiotics when you get them? I hope you feel better quickly! I think I have had a permanent headache since I was about 12, but it never goes away so I just sort of get used to it until it turns into a raging migraine. I hope yours is the more 'treatable' variety with a clear cause! )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: