Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Christmas Tree ?

Does anyone know if the Christmas Tree in MK is up yet? We paid much $$ to attend MVMCP & the tree was not up yet. I would like to know if it has arrived yet. If it is up does anyone know what day it first appeared? It was not up on 11/10 or 11/11.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
hill6
DIS Veteran

It was not up as of Sunday night. It should be up by Thanksgiving.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

It is suppose to be up for the MVMCP's. This is the first time I have attended an early party that it was not up yet. By Thanksgiving doesn't cut it IMO when people are paying $$ to attend a Christmas Party. Anybody know a lawyer who wants to get refunds for those of us who have been scammed by Disney so far this year for the MVMCP?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Wow - I would agree that WDW should have the tree up. I just posted on another thread how peeved I am at these hard-ticketed parties. I have been to MVMCP and didn't feel it was worth the money. I wonder what people are thinking this year... anyone want to chime in?
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Based on my experiences this year for all three hard ticket parties I will most likely not be attending any of them anymore. The AP/DVC discounts while decent are so limited that I"m not always able to take advantage of them on the dates I am able to attend. And I've decided that $50+ for a 5 hour ticket just isn't worth it to me anymore. At least when they used to officially close the park for an hour before the party you were pretty much assured that the others in attendance had shelled out the same money as you for the "unique" experience. This year there were many day guests camped out along Main Street hours before the first party parade. Some of the Wristband checkers I encountered were so busy carrying on personal conversations that I was obnoxiously ordered at least a 1/2 dozen times by the same idiot to show my wristband which I patiently did each time while dozens of other people just waltzed past him.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #6
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Just back - what I heard thru a reliable source

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
Does anyone know if the Christmas Tree in MK is up yet? We paid much $$ to attend MVMCP & the tree was not up yet. I would like to know if it has arrived yet. If it is up does anyone know what day it first appeared? It was not up on 11/10 or 11/11.
From what I heard, a certain TV personality wants to be located where the tree usually goes for the taping of the parade. In past years it's been set up in the rose garden near the castle, then moved to the town square once taping was finished. This year Disney didn't want to spend the money to move it, so it won't be up until AFTER the parade is taped! Please contact Disney and complain, as you have in this thread. We are all paying good money and deserve that tree up for the parties!!!

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Only if we all speak up will things change for next year!!!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

I do intend to write to voice my complaint. Personally I've always thought that the Parade Taping excuse for the tree being placed in the rose garden first for the past few years and then moved was totally ridiclulous. There are much better locations that the celebrity parade hosts should be sitting in than where the tree belongs. I was just looking for info regarding when the tree will actually make it's appearance. Since the parade won't be taped until almost a full week into December there are going to be many more complaints than mine. They are promoting all their Christmas events other than MVMCP as starting after Thanksgiving this year but after the parade taping for the MK Christmas Tree is totally unacceptible. I am one extremely unhappy Disney Guest after all the cutbacks this year. The only thing that hasn't been cutback is the price of admission. I'm seriously rethinking my planned DL DVC add-on.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
flyinglizard
DIS Veteran

It was not in the park last nite. However, I did see it yeasterday. It is sitting on flatbeds outside of the storage facility off Center Drive. Of course, it has not been assembled yet...
flyinglizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' tigger View Post
Only if we all speak up will things change for next year!!!
Like the never-to-be-seen Country Bear Christmas Show?

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
Dznefreek
R.I.P Bruce

Quote:
I do intend to write to voice my complaint.
Let us know how that works out for you . . . .
Old 11-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

It will be up basically the day after the parade taping. They use the town square area as the base for the parade taping, and they just cant have the tree in the way until then. Just the way it is, and probably will be unless they change where they tape the xmas parade from. They want the castle in the background, so town square is about the only place you can do it and still have the parade visible.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
gladstoneganderfan
Mouseketeer

I heard that Disneyland's tree has been up for at least a week.

These smilies don't mean anything, my DD just likes how they look.
gladstoneganderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Has DL already taped their parade?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Has DL already taped their parade?
I read that the Jonas Brothers have already completed their shoot at DL.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
It is suppose to be up for the MVMCP's. This is the first time I have attended an early party that it was not up yet. By Thanksgiving doesn't cut it IMO when people are paying $$ to attend a Christmas Party. Anybody know a lawyer who wants to get refunds for those of us who have been scammed by Disney so far this year for the MVMCP?
In order to sue, don't you have to prove that Disney stated the tree would be up for your particular party? Don't you have to prove damages somehow? Good grief, it is just a tree. It is not like they charged you extra for the party and then had no decorations and nothing else going on.

People really will try and sue over the most ridiculous things.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: