Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #751
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! I have quite the day ahead of me. I have to do some grocery shopping, find an outfit for the World's Largest Disco (it's this Sat, but I have to bring my outfit to practice tomorrow night!), clean the house, do some ....If I could breathe a little better, it would sure make my day more fun. I'm all congested and it really stinks.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 11-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #752
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

GOOOOD Morning Snowbirdies!! Happy Monday!!!! The Last Monday of November...for many of you, your little tickers should be quite a bit closer now!!! Well, we had a very busy weekend.Now, I have got to get those kids burning through this school work!! We only have 1/2 a week and we are finished!! I plan to get my grocery shopping done today and pack that fridge!!! My stepdad and my uncle are bringing the desserts from 2 glorious bakeries for me and my mamma makes the dressing I am doing the rest, but I PLAN to start tomorrow, chopping and slicing!! Get some of that finished. Well, we are going to be busy little beavers this week-I know lots of you have school parties-so enjoy that,I hope everyones week is full of blessings. We have lots to be thankful for and lets all remember that God has truly blessed us all!!!! Talk to ya'll later....gotta run!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #753
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Happy Monday Snowbirds!

I wish I had found some better news but.... I was over at the Mickey's Mom's Panel and one of the Panel Members was asked about the P&PP, she replied:

"We have been told that the Pirate and Princess Parties that had previously been scheduled for the first half of 2009 have now been canceled. If you have already purchased tickets to this event, you should call Disney at 407-W-DISNEY to inquire about refunds."

I guess that makes it official.

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #754
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie01 View Post
Happy Monday Snowbirds!

I wish I had found some better news but.... I was over at the Mickey's Mom's Panel and one of the Panel Members was asked about the P&PP, she replied:

"We have been told that the Pirate and Princess Parties that had previously been scheduled for the first half of 2009 have now been canceled. If you have already purchased tickets to this event, you should call Disney at 407-W-DISNEY to inquire about refunds."

That really stinks.

I just noticed that my ticker is at exactly 2 months! Woo hoo! 31 days until Christmas and 61 days until WDW!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #755
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie01 View Post
Happy Monday Snowbirds!

That is so sad...why mention it at all and have some dates released if you weren't going to have the party at all...OH WELL!!

Well Happy Monday!! Only two days of school and then I go on a massive Christmas card making run on Wednesday and then Thanksgiving. Tonight we have our annual Thanksgiving Banquet at church and I still need to make my fruit salad, but the rolls are done...thanks to Sara Lee!!

Well wishing you all a great day!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #756
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

My morning started a little grumpy with a couple of email notices from my bank that someone was trying to access our online account last night while dh and I were sleeping peacefully- and yes I was dreaming of Disney Crocs! If they only knew how little $$$ was in there ! So I just finished changing passwords and ID's and pulling up my credit reports and all of that fun stuff. I just don't understand how some people go so wrong in life . It's really sad that someone would want to take what little we have and not even think twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hello everyone! I hope that you've all had a great weekend. My girls night last night was fun. We didn't watch our movie, but that was ok. We played Catch Phrase for hours and hours. I haven't laughed that much in a long time! Then, it was off to Syracuse today to celebrate my great aunt's 85th birthday. It was nice to see my relatives. Everyone pitched in and bought my great aunt a Wii! She loves to play Wii bowling! Isn't that awesome? Anyways...I'm just catching up with everyone right now and lounging. I have one crazy week ahead of me!!!!
85 and playing Wii Bowling- you go girl!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I was eyeing those up too!! TOO CUTE! I have a crocs outlet near me and I think a trip up there is in order!
Now I'm wishing I lived in Minnesota! I wonder if I have an outlet near me somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Thanks for the info...I looked at the Adara ones but I actually prefer the between the toes, so I went ahead and ordered the Athens, and I ordered a pr of Teva Mush. Dicks Sporting Goods had them at $20 each and free shipping, so I'll give them a try! It's free return shipping, too if I hate them!

I'd do the Mammoth if I knew I'd be in jeans all week, but if I'm in capris, I can't do clogs, I need flips! In fact I'd do flip flops with anything, as long as its not freezing!!
Good deal! I didn't like the colors of the Mammoth that Dicks Sporting Goods had. (Oh and by the way- and Mama Snowbird should cover her eyes for this part- I learned last night what the correct website address is for Dick's Sporting Goods. All I have to say is thank goodness no little snowbirds were in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
That really stinks.

I just noticed that my ticker is at exactly 2 months! Woo hoo! 31 days until Christmas and 61 days until WDW!
Me too Me too Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
60 Days to Go! Only 8 More Mondays!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #757
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
(Oh and by the way- and Mama Snowbird should cover her eyes for this part- I learned last night what the correct website address is for Dick's Sporting Goods. All I have to say is thank goodness no little snowbirds were in the room!
I had the same thing happen once when I was trying to get to the American Girl website! Whoops!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #758
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I had the same thing happen once when I was trying to get to the American Girl website! Whoops!
Surprising isn't it! My dh got a good laugh!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #759
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

Happy Monday! Yes, I know Monday's stink, but at least we are another weekend closer to WDW!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #760
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
My morning started a little grumpy with a couple of email notices from my bank that someone was trying to access our online account last night while dh and I were sleeping peacefully- and yes I was dreaming of Disney Crocs! If they only knew how little $$$ was in there ! So I just finished changing passwords and ID's and pulling up my credit reports and all of that fun stuff. I just don't understand how some people go so wrong in life . It's really sad that someone would want to take what little we have and not even think twice.

85 and playing Wii Bowling- you go girl!!!

Now I'm wishing I lived in Minnesota! I wonder if I have an outlet near me somewhere?

Good deal! I didn't like the colors of the Mammoth that Dicks Sporting Goods had. (Oh and by the way- and Mama Snowbird should cover her eyes for this part- I learned last night what the correct website address is for Dick's Sporting Goods. All I have to say is thank goodness no little snowbirds were in the room!

Me too Me too Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
60 Days to Go! Only 8 More Mondays!!!
Well at least you got it early and was able to put a stop to it!! I'm very paranoid about people getting ahold to of my information. I have fraud alerts on all my things and I make sure that if anyone tries to take out a line of credit in my name that the banks contact me first.

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #761
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

We have lots to be thankful for and lets all remember that God has truly blessed us all!!!! Talk to ya'll later....gotta run!!!
You are so right, we all have so much to be thankful for. Great families, great Snowbird friends, and a trip to WDW coming up! We are truly blessed.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #762
mrhub
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Good morning all!
Monny, I know that feeling and it's scary!, I have been a victim of identity theft twice before in he past 10 years and I work for a police department!. I get nervous everytime I get something in the mail from a credit card company. People that do that kind of thing do not care about anything!
Sept 09 for 30th Anniversary & DW's BD - SSR/Jan '09 - SSR as DVC Members Oct '08 - Gave Honeymoon to Son1 & DIL - CR /Jan '08 - Poly /July '07 - Gave Honeymoon to Son2 & DIL - Poly/Jan '07 - CBR//Jan '06 - CBR /Jan '05 - CBR/Jan '04 - BCV //Jan '03 - ASMo/ Jan '02 - Vistana /Jan '01 - Vistana/ Jan '00 - Some Hotel!/May '99 - Animal Kingdom Opening - off site/Jan '99 - Some Hotel!/Jan '85 - Some Hotel!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #763
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the grocery store. I wanted to go and get everything I needed for the week before it got any closer to Thanksgiving.

My Dad and step-Mom do Thanksgiving at their house. But I still bring several things. I am doing the potatoes, the rolls, and the desserts this year.

The kids don't have any real Thanksgiving parties or programs at school. But I have been very busy organizing Santa's Workshop. We set up for it on Wednesday. Then it will start the following Tuesday, the day the kids go back after the break. I started calling for volunteers last Tuesday and some people still haven't called me back! Come on people, if you don't want to help that's fine, just don't sign up and then not bother to call back. You know??? So frustrating!! I am already short on volunteers because the school now requires anyone coming into the school to have their clearances and a TB test. A lot of parents won't go get those things for some reason. So I am limited on who I can call in the first place. Oh well, it will all work itself out in the end I suppose!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #764
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Question of the Day

Question of the Day anyone???

Okay, this is not really Disney related. . . Well I guess it is to those of you driving. Just curious how much gas is everywhere???

While I was in the grocery store the gas dropped from $2.09 to $2.05.

So it is now $2.05 here in western PA.

Now when we were in Niles Ohio Saturday it was $1.79 there. Can you believe that??? Why so much cheaper only an hour away???
Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #765
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I know we were all wondering about the hours changing - just read this on All Ears ~

*** From January 9 - April 3, Epcot will close at 8:00pm on FRIDAYS. Extra Magic Hour for Resort Guests will take place from 8:00pm - 11:00pm (11/24/08) ***
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: