Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #1501
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Good afternoon folks! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm doing alright.

I found something at Wal-mart today that would be a good present for my mom, but I don't have her name. *In my immediate family, we exchange names and do a secret santa with a max spending of $50. We've done this the pas few years because, well first none of us has any extra money ( ) and we've been going to WDW in Jan so it makes more sense to save now to spend it there. Plus the lower the dollar amount on our gifts encourages us to get creative!

Ok off, to get spaghetti started, then curl up for Travel Channel...which is on at 7PM for Central Time Zones!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #1502
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the WDW shows!!! I could watch them all the time! I'm so excited Samantha Brown will be on!

I also shopped on Black Friday! I was expecting better deals, but I bought a few things. Aeropostale had %50 off EVERYTHING.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #1503
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

I love watching that monorail move!

Hey, I just got my December Disney Hello email from Disney Destinations, and it includes a 15% off coupon for Disney Store. Has to be used in a retail store, not online, not good for park tickets, etc. I know not everyone has a store near them, but if you do, check your email!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #1504
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm going to give you the advice that a very wise person earlier today gave me.... UPGRADE (Of course this might make me a bad influence)
It would have actually been a downgrade. We are at a Courtyard Veiw and would be switching to a Standard at AKL (plus, we wouldn't be as close to the other parks.) I'm staying put.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you. It just gives you a reason to stay somewhere else next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post

You should change! Then we'll be in the same resort at the same time. I've never stayed there before though, so I'm not sure what the transportation situation will be.

I checked the new deal for my dates and the only availability was Saratoga Springs 3-bedroom (over $10,000 ) and Old Key West studio for about what we're paying at AKL, but we wouldn't have the dining plan, which means it costs about $800 more. I have been checking my Spring Break in March though... and have found that I could stay in a Moderate for about $700.
I'm actually beginning to wonder how the Disney Resort discounts will affect the non-Disney hotel rates for next year. I would LOVE to try the Swan or Dolphin for my trip in June at a significantly discounted rate!

I decided not to, but it would have been wonderful to stay in the same resort! Although Logan and Gregg might feel a little left out, because we would probably be hang out too much!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 12-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #1505
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Good afternoon folks! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm doing alright.

I found something at Wal-mart today that would be a good present for my mom, but I don't have her name. *In my immediate family, we exchange names and do a secret santa with a max spending of $50. We've done this the pas few years because, well first none of us has any extra money ( ) and we've been going to WDW in Jan so it makes more sense to save now to spend it there. Plus the lower the dollar amount on our gifts encourages us to get creative!

Ok off, to get spaghetti started, then curl up for Travel Channel...which is on at 7PM for Central Time Zones!!!
Don't you hate that! We were going to do a "kids" secret santa gift exchange between My five siblings, brother-in-law, my fiance and I, but for some reason we nixed that idea, and now we're doing it for the WHOLE extended family on my Mom's side. It's kind of ridiculous, because I probably would not have gotten presents for my Aunts and Uncles anyways... maybe my young cousins, but we're not spending Christmas with any of my extended family this year. I can understand buying presents for people that I'll be spending Christmas with, but when we're not? Unfortunately, I'm a starving college student so my present budget is limited. However, I "drew" my Uncle's wife who is probably one of the easier people to buy for. She likes novel things and gets excited about things. I got her Photo Speakers from Brookstone. They were on sale for $19.99 and our present limit happened to be $25, so I was golden. I'm pretty sure she and my Uncle will love them since they have an adorable 2 year old whose picture needs to be everywhere.

Now I've been working on finding presents for the people I'll actually be spending Christmas with, which is a little more difficult. I found the perfect present for my little sister, then let my Mom buy it for her , so now I have to find something else for her.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #1506
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

OK so I guess this could be a question of the day, but it's an inquiry too...
If you could eat at any one restaurant (a) where would it be (b) and why?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #1507
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Disney Holiday Magic with Samantha Brown will be showing on
Thursday December 04, 2008 from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM on the Travel Channel.

I almost forgot to remind you all!
THANK YOU! I had no idea. Now I've set the DVR!

Quote:
Ohh, that's a good question. I think I'd splurge and try Bistro de Paris, since I won't otherwise pay for it. Or Jiko, though nothing's technically stopping me from eating there!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #1508
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
It would have actually been a downgrade. We are at a Courtyard Veiw and would be switching to a Standard at AKL (plus, we wouldn't be as close to the other parks.) I'm staying put.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you. It just gives you a reason to stay somewhere else next time.

I decided not to, but it would have been wonderful to stay in the same resort! Although Logan and Gregg might feel a little left out, because we would probably be hang out too much!
Yeah. I figured you wouldn't switch. I could have switched to WL and didn't. I wouldn't want to take the downgrade either. We're only in a pool view room, but that's still better than a parking lot!

Quote:
Cinderella's Royal Table! I'm really excited about it for our trip. I just love the idea of eating in the castle. Once I've done it I probably won't do it again for a long time, (until I have little girls...) but I'm really really excited about it!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #1509
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I've had another day where I couldn't DIS! Now I'm home and have a few minutes. Watching Samantha Brown.

Big news: MY PASSPORTERS CAME TODAY! DH was off and he's spent the afternoon reading them! I got the cruise one and the WDW one. Very cool. DH says these are great!

Thanks for all your input on the Wii situation. I think we will ask Santa to set it up.

I don't even want to explore any other changes/codes etc. I stressed about the last one too much. Plus, we have two weekend nights that are not included in the offer. I have to pay off my package in 8 days. That will feel good!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #1510
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Good evening gals!

It's been a long day. I hope you don't mind . . . i'm going to be a debbie downer for a few minutes. I just found out that my dad has prostate cancer. i'm a little bummed about it. He'll be having surgery on the 16th which will hopefully take care of things. My mom and I both had our own issues with cancer in the last two years and now this.

I have faith that all will be well. I'm a big believer in early detection.

Anyway . . . I'm wiping the sadness away and putting my faith in God's hands.

Onto Disney stuff. What is with the new discount? I'm too lazy right now to see what's going on.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #1511
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Evening all! Just got done getting the boys' haircuts. This way they'll be ready for another one in January and we can visit the Harmony Barber Shop! Such a cool place!

QOTD-I'm not sure which restaurant! If I picked one we know we love, it would be OHana or Cali Grill. If I picked one and it was FREE, I'd love to try Victoria and Alberts.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 12-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #1512
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Good evening gals!

It's been a long day. I hope you don't mind . . . i'm going to be a debbie downer for a few minutes. I just found out that my dad has prostate cancer. i'm a little bummed about it. He'll be having surgery on the 16th which will hopefully take care of things. My mom and I both had our own issues with cancer in the last two years and now this.

I have faith that all will be well. I'm a big believer in early detection.

Anyway . . . I'm wiping the sadness away and putting my faith in God's hands.

Onto Disney stuff. What is with the new discount? I'm too lazy right now to see what's going on.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thankfully that is a cancer that has a high rate of cure/survival. My BIL had surgery for it last year and is good to go now. Keeping your dad in my prayers.

I haven't really checked on the new code. Apparently you can get rooms for $49 at values but not on weekends.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #1513
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Thankfully that is a cancer that has a high rate of cure/survival. My BIL had surgery for it last year and is good to go now. Keeping your dad in my prayers.

That is reassuring to know. Thanks so much for giving me a reason to be optimistic. I hate cancer!!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #1514
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
That is reassuring to know. Thanks so much for giving me a reason to be optimistic. I hate cancer!!
Who could blame you? I feel very fortunate that I have not had it, nor anyone in my immediate family. My FIL had colon cancer prior to my meeting DH, and that BIL, but that's it. I'm a firm believer in that God only gives you as much as you can handle, and I guess he doesn't think I can handle too much! That's okay with me though. I hope all goes well.

So I watched (kind of) the Samantha Brown show. I may have seen it before, but I recorded it anyway! You never know if you will get to see and hear a show if it's on while the kids are still up. DD7 really liked the bit about the castle suite and the lit up castle! So did I, of course!

So DH's GPS came yesterday and he spent today setting it up. Then when he was reading the passporter cruise book, he noted they told you the address of the port, and parking. So he says, "you know what I'm going to do with that don't you?" Program the GPS! He's going to be nuts about that! Hopefully it will help us find our way to pick up MIL at his sister's cabin in no-mans-land NC and our way to WDW (as if we didn't know the way) and to the port.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1515
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
So DH's GPS came yesterday and he spent today setting it up. Then when he was reading the passporter cruise book, he noted they told you the address of the port, and parking. So he says, "you know what I'm going to do with that don't you?" Program the GPS! He's going to be nuts about that! Hopefully it will help us find our way to pick up MIL at his sister's cabin in no-mans-land NC and our way to WDW (as if we didn't know the way) and to the port.
I got a new car in June and it has an in-dash GPS. One of the very first thing I put in was Disney World! LOL 980 miles . . . My DH thinks I'm nuts. I just wanted to make sure that my car knew how to get there! I will never buy a car again without GPS, especially in my line of work. They are worth their weight in gold!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: