Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #481
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

Well, We survived the Polar Plunge!
It was actually a Balmy 55deg that Sunday afternoon. The water was 36!

The water was not toooooo bad with the proper equipment!

Time to go for a swim

Oh My it is cold!

Retreat!!

We Raised aobut $4000 for the project to build a church building in South west Haiti in a mountain town called Doleon. My home church is called
Second Cape May Baptist Church ( it is the second Baptist church founded in Cape May county, NJ circa 1770)We will be traveling there on March 6th-13th
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #482
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
i stumbled across your TR yesterda, home sick in bed from work. I read it yesterday and this morning and I love it! yu have such a cute family and I felt like I was on the boat with you! thanks for sharing
Awww...thanks! I hope you're feeling better- seems lots of people are not feeling well this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
Well, We survived the Polar Plunge!
It was actually a Balmy 55deg that Sunday afternoon. The water was 36!

The water was not toooooo bad with the proper equipment!

Time to go for a swim

Oh My it is cold!

Retreat!!

We Raised aobut $4000 for the project to build a church building in South west Haiti in a mountain town called Doleon. My home church is called
Second Cape May Baptist Church ( it is the second Baptist church founded in Cape May county, NJ circa 1770)We will be traveling there on March 6th-13th
Congratulations!! That water skiing looked amazing!! But really- does the dry suit help????

And your daughter's face when she's in the water- Boy, doesn't SHE looked surprised!! Good girl!

Is your whole family going to Haiti then? Sounds like a wonderful mission!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #483
podsnel

My friend Carol is on Martha Stewart Radio today at 3:30! Please tune in!

My friend, Carol Berman, is a sommelier and will be on Martha Stewart radio (on Sirius) today at 3:30 discussing champagne (for Valentine's Day). If you have Sirius(I think you can listen online even if you don't), I hope you'll tune in- she has been on this show a few times, as well as lots of other radio broadcasts and tv appearances. She's really taught me how to be a better drinker! Just kidding- she has, though, taught me alot about wine over the years, and she is NOT all about "expensive wine is the best wine"- she really looks for more affordable options that are fabulous!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #484
Alice_on_WONDERland
Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your majesty!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
My friend, Carol Berman, is a sommelier and will be on Martha Stewart radio today. She's really taught me how to be a better drinker!
I need a friend like that! Cheers!

Mama's Got Her Groove Back Trip Report
Alice_on_WONDERland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #485
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

Just me to Haiti this trip.
DD Rachel wants to go next time. I told her when she is 14
she can go. That is 2011!
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #486
podsnel

DownTown Disney- the final frontier!

When we FINALLY got our car from the BW valet (I really liked the resort, but we really HATED the parking over there- good thing we usually don't have a car in Disney! ) we made our way to DTD. It was PACKED!!! Between a golf open at the course nearby the street and the huge Arts featival that had swallowed DTD whole, we had trouble getting in- I've never seen it so crowded. And the kids hadn't either, but then they'd never known it even existed before!! Before DQ, we went for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. Everything was delish!!

DH had the Chinois Salad, and I would go back just for it-

I had a chicken aioli pocket, I had SUCH a hard time choosing, I think I wanted everything on the menu!

But that ended up being a very good choice, although I really wanted DH's salad! DS11 had the pepperoni and mushroom pizza-

Yummmm...and DS9 had a grilled cheese and mashed potatoes-

I just spent the past 2 days trying to figure out ADRs for the upcoming girlie bash, and you KNOW this place is on the must do list for a quick counter service meal- although I also am making an ADR for the cafe on our last day.

We made our way over to DQ, see all the art and people?

We bought our tickets (with a DVC discount- every little bit helps, right?) and headed first to Cyberspace Mountain; DS11 came up with a pretty challenging ride, DS9 not so much, so after the first ride they got back on line the 2 of them and made one together that they both said was inSANE!! We pretty much went from attraction to attraction, the only thing we didn't try was POTC because the line was long and moving way too slow.

Just realized I need to upload the rest of the pics- back later!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #487
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Never done DQ - anxious to hear more.

OMG - those lunches at Wolfgang Pucks look awesome! What was on that salad? And the minute I see "aioli" I'm all over it, so I'd have done the same thing you did!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #488
podsnel

The Final Frontier, cont'd

DQ is like a whole other world inside-but, of course! What else would you expect? I hope one day my family will stay at SSR or OKW and we can get the boys passes to just go as often as they'd like. I know they'd love it, being the video gamers they are-

This is Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. It's like bumper cars that shoot balls at each other with a gun, after you suck them up into your car by driving over them- It was really kind of stupid. But you know when something is so ridiculously stupid, you laugh hysterically and can't stop? Well, that's how the Astroblaster is for my family. I'm giggling now just remembering it!

And then at the end one very lonely, very slow moving CM sweeps all the balls back onto the floor so the next group can play. If that were my job, I would've taken a header off the Contemporary roof ages ago!!

Then, DH worked off his familial frustrations from the surrey bike ride-

Hmmmmm...I wonder what he was thinking about to motivate himself into such a high score?

More vidiots...umm, I mean my children playing games-

I decided to leave them all there and go out to do a little DTD touring and shopping-

Look! Finally a Christmas Tree!!

The new TRex restaurant looks very cool!

The Festival of the Masters was an amazing festival, I can't believe how many interesting artists were there! The art was even on the sidewalks-

I made my way to the WOD to pick up something for my wonderful cousins, and then walked back through Pleasure Island. Looks like they've already started building stuff, I hope it's going to end up being fun there...

the deserted Adventurers Club

The crowds!

A polar bear made of nails-

And a shot of where we had lunch-

The boys were done at DQ, and it was time to leave DTD and head for the flight home...

after one very brief stop for DVC obsessed Mommy-

Cont'd in next post!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #489
podsnel

BLT and the end!

You KNOW I had to go see those BLT models!! They were stunning! But I don't think we'll buy points there- we're more of an Epcot family than a MK one. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to visit someday!

They do feel very large inside, especially in the living area. Nice...

So that's it! We went to the airport and after the usual delay getting out of Orlando, we were flying home to see the rest of our family. Too bad the conveyor belt of luggage was jammed and it took 1 1/2 hours to get our suitcases! Thanks for gettin' right on that, Delta (that's a little NJ sarcasm for ya...).

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll read the St John TR I'll try to post on the community board, and I also hope you'll read along when I head to WDW for a kid-DH-free vacation with my DGF Loni and Karajeboo at AKV concierge in May! HAPPY TRAVELS!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #490
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

LOVED IT! Great job! And you know Ill be there for your St John and girls only trip! Cant wait!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #491
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report! (And sad this one is over ) It has been so entertaining and it made me feel as if we were right there with you. You do a great job. Can't wait to read your upcoming TR's! Thanks!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #492
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hey Ellen! I keep wondering if I would like DQ - looks like I'd rather go shopping Since we're going to a baseball game this year, I think we'll wait until we have grandkids that want to do DQ.

So sad your trip is over. I love that you stayed and played for a few more days once you were "kicked off" the Magic! Thanks for the pics of the BLT - it looks nicer than the artists drawings did. I think I would enjoy staying there, after all.

I'll be looking for your St. John TR! Come on over and join my March 09 PTR - link in my siggie - I had to start one, because the planning is done and the waiting and the cold weather were getting me down.
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #493
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it is over!!! I just thought it would go on forever and I could just keep re-living the cruise thru your TR...what am I to do now...I guess the only thing to do is to read your girls only TR.

Me DD
princesspaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #494
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I would be bored to tears at DQ. Seriously. I would probably join that CM in taking a header off the Contemporary. I can do a few games at home, but a whole building full? No thanx.

And I will be anxiously reading your Girls ONly TR in May! Remember to get my good side in photos!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #495
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_on_WONDERland View Post
I need a friend like that! Cheers!
She is such a wonderful friend to have- last year she donated her wine services for a wine dinner benefit for DS14's school- you know that wine everyone here on DIS loves- Rosa Regale? She got Banfi (because they know her and love her) to generously donate Rosa Regale for over 300 people! She also got two others to donate the wine as well. It was AWESOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
Just me to Haiti this trip.
DD Rachel wants to go next time. I told her when she is 14
she can go. That is 2011!
That's wonderful- hope you'll fill us in on the experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Never done DQ - anxious to hear more.

OMG - those lunches at Wolfgang Pucks look awesome! What was on that salad? And the minute I see "aioli" I'm all over it, so I'd have done the same thing you did!
The chinois salad is-chicken, asian vegetables, crispy wontons and honey mustard dressing (although it didn't taste like honey mustard to me, it tasted more like an asian vinaigrette). Either way, it's a WP classic recipe, you could probably find it somewhere on the web. And I am all about the aoili, too! But really, it's just good mayo with stuff in it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: