Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #466
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
Hello!

Get this.

I am planning on waterskiing off the beach behind Strathmere, NJ on Sunday afternoon as a part of our church youth group annual POLAR Plunge. DD Rachel will be doing the plunge.
It is a fundraiser for our trip in March to help build a church in Haiti!

If you did not know, our family is very involved in competetive waterskiing.
BUT! The water is 36 degrees! Hopefully it will be
but I am sure I will need lots of to warm up.

Donations are going throug my church.
Way to go!!!!!
We'll be passing warm thoughts on to you, DD and all of the POLAR Plunge waterskiers When you're in Haiti remember the cooler temps of Feb 1st! On the other hand, tomorrow just think how hot you'll be building a church in Haiti:
Old 01-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #467
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
Hello!

Get this.

I am planning on waterskiing off the beach behind Strathmere, NJ on Sunday afternoon as a part of our church youth group annual POLAR Plunge. DD Rachel will be doing the plunge.
It is a fundraiser for our trip in March to help build a church in Haiti!

If you did not know, our family is very involved in competetive waterskiing.
BUT! The water is 36 degrees! Hopefully it will be
but I am sure I will need lots of to warm up.

Donations are going throug my church.
I missed your post somehow!

I would just like to say.... YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!!!

The beach is for warm weather, polar bear!!

Seriously, good luck tomorrow- I hope an unexpected shift in the gulf stream brings 85 degree waters to NJ shores in an unprecedented heat wave!

I'm thinkin' you all need copious amounts of soup and blankees in pre-heated cars tomorrow- Best of luck!

I do have to say, I'm glad my church is inland. We do the crop walk in the fall...MUCH more tame!

And what is your church?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #468
texfinn
DIS Veteran

WOW! What an incredible Trip Report! My husband kept bugging me all day about what had my attention at the computer but I couldn't tear myself away!

I am SOLD. This is our first DCL and I am so getting the RES. I loved your schedule, your pictures, your details -- it was Sooooo helpful and YES, we want to be your BFFs too!!!! Need a cool friend from Texas?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am so happy now I had to go pop some bubbly and will research excursions all night long!!!!
texfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #469
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Super report...loved reading it....now I'm even more excited about our March 2010 cruise (which will be our first of many I hope).
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #470
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

OH NO WAY!! Dinner at California Grill? Wow....that tops it! We absolutely loved California Grill on our last trip, and it will be the first ADR I hope to make when our 90 day window opens. I am ALL ABOUT some sushi!

Wow, what a great DISmeet you guys had! Just from different posts on our threads, I would really like to meet TigerKat and Camster! I know you all had a great time at ESPN!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #471
mormadsmom
Mouseketeer

Loving it!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #472
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
OK-before I continue, I just wanted to answer a few that I missed while I was away....

You are welcome so much, and I hope you are still reading!

Lucy from Margate? I don't know- was she in the lobby? Then I probably saw her and didn't put 2+2 together, since I've neer seen Lucy in person- I'm an LBI girl.

As far as the other TRs, here is Mom2princesseslynsy-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1967578 and I couldn't find wuvtiggers'....I think I'm the only idiot still sitting at the computer posting a TR, everyone else is on extended hiatus! Hope they both come back, soon!

I think I'm going to do the ST John TR on the community board- is that where your PV one is?

And Cammie- soon I'll hate YOU, too!
Sorry for being MIA - yes, my TR is on the community board - I'll look for yours!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #473
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfinn View Post
WOW! What an incredible Trip Report! My husband kept bugging me all day about what had my attention at the computer but I couldn't tear myself away!

I am SOLD. This is our first DCL and I am so getting the RES. I loved your schedule, your pictures, your details -- it was Sooooo helpful and YES, we want to be your BFFs too!!!! Need a cool friend from Texas?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am so happy now I had to go pop some bubbly and will research excursions all night long!!!!
I LOVE Texas! I can always use BFFs from there! So happy you're inspired to take the cruise- can't wait to hear what you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
Super report...loved reading it....now I'm even more excited about our March 2010 cruise (which will be our first of many I hope).
I'm sure it will be the first of many...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
OH NO WAY!! Dinner at California Grill? Wow....that tops it! We absolutely loved California Grill on our last trip, and it will be the first ADR I hope to make when our 90 day window opens. I am ALL ABOUT some sushi!

Wow, what a great DISmeet you guys had! Just from different posts on our threads, I would really like to meet TigerKat and Camster! I know you all had a great time at ESPN!
That sushi was da BOMB!! And TigerKat and Cammie are wonderful- I HIGHLY encourage a meet with them. Karajeboo is going to stay on my couch at AKV for a night in May, she's going to go on the Wanyama Safari with Loni & I- I am REALLY glad she's coming, can't wait to meet her!! And what about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormadsmom View Post
Loving it!
Thanks- but not for much longer, it's almost done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Sorry for being MIA - yes, my TR is on the community board - I'll look for yours!
Don't look yet- I haven't begun!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #474
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

That sushi was da BOMB!! And TigerKat and Cammie are wonderful- I HIGHLY encourage a meet with them. Karajeboo is going to stay on my couch at AKV for a night in May, she's going to go on the Wanyama Safari with Loni & I- I am REALLY glad she's coming, can't wait to meet her!! And what about you?
Yes, we will definitely have to meet you and your family on our trip in May. Have you started putting together your plans? Our ADR 90-day date is coming up on Feb. 14th. Maybe we can meet up with you guys for a lunch in the parks one day, or even dinner! I've got a tentative itinerary posted on my PTR....maybe it will coincide with your schedule?

You guys will be at AKV? I was thinking you were staying at the GF for some reason.

Hey, thanks for being my Facebook friend and for sending me Kathy's Facebook recommend. I'll have to become friends with Cammie as well.

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #475
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Yes, Alan, I'm only gonna be there for one night with Ellen so we need to meet you while I"m there! I'm all about DISmeets! I met Cammie back in November and she's awesome! I was hoping to meet her this month, too, but don't know if I'll be able to make it. This will be my first time meeting crazy Ellen, so wish me luck!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #476
podsnel

I am NOT crazy. I am ENTHUSIASTIC. There's a difference.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #477
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

Hi Ellen! I've been reading your trip report for the past 2 days! Amazing job!

My friend and I just booked the 7 night western cruise on the Magic for 10/30/10 - it will be our first time cruising ever! We are so looking forward to it. Did I read somewhere in your trip report you were going to be on that same cruise?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your vacation with us!!!

Jacki

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #478
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
Hi Ellen! I've been reading your trip report for the past 2 days! Amazing job!

My friend and I just booked the 7 night western cruise on the Magic for 10/30/10 - it will be our first time cruising ever! We are so looking forward to it. Did I read somewhere in your trip report you were going to be on that same cruise?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your vacation with us!!!

Jacki
Well, thanks so much! I had a lot of fun writing it- today I might actually finish it! And yes, we will be on the Oct 30th cruise in 2010!! How cool is that?! Have you gone to the cruise meets thread and signed up? There are a few families from this cruise who will be on it, we all rebooked on board because that's when the deals are the sweetest- and because it is just sooo much fun, why wouldn't you want to do it again??

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and your friend!

Ellen
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #479
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

HI,
Thanks for the warm wishes!

I will post some pics tonight. was great!

We raised about $4000 dollars!
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #480
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

i stumbled across your TR yesterda, home sick in bed from work. I read it yesterday and this morning and I love it! yu have such a cute family and I felt like I was on the boat with you! thanks for sharing

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: