Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #436
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

OK-before I continue, I just wanted to answer a few that I missed while I was away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Just found your wonderful report. I am only on pg 20 but I had to say thank you so much for sharing. I can not wait to read the rest
You are welcome so much, and I hope you are still reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfosbenner View Post
Elen,
Do you have a link to the other TR's
I keep loosing my subscripton

Did you see "Lucy the Elephant" in the BWV?
Lucy from Margate? I don't know- was she in the lobby? Then I probably saw her and didn't put 2+2 together, since I've neer seen Lucy in person- I'm an LBI girl.

As far as the other TRs, here is Mom2princesseslynsy-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1967578 and I couldn't find wuvtiggers'....I think I'm the only idiot still sitting at the computer posting a TR, everyone else is on extended hiatus! Hope they both come back, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ellen, have a wonderful trip - Save up some sunshine and hurry back with pics! I think you can post pics here, since you are still doing your TR - I've seen others do that...

Oh, that is just creepy! I really don't like the looks of this pool! I do want to stay in this resort, just near the quiet pool. Oh, they probably don't have a bar, huh? Maybe if I have enough to drink, I'll learn to like the clown!
I think I'm going to do the ST John TR on the community board- is that where your PV one is?

And Cammie- soon I'll hate YOU, too!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #437
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ellen - I love reading your posts, but I'm sad because the pictures aren't there. I wonder why? Never mind, I got out and came back in and they are there. Sorry
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #438
podsnel

Back to the BW

Where was I...oh yeah! The BWV! Our room was ready, so the DSs and I went to check out the room...now, this was our 1st time navigating the BWV and it's legendary hallways, so it took a little time to find where we were. I had booked us into a 1BR villa with a water/pool view with the DVC cash discount. What we got was....a BOARDWALK VIEW! I have to say, as an Epcot lover, this has to be the finest view of them all. WOW. Just WOW!

The kids were thrilled with the size of the room- it was truly very pretty in there, very homey, I really loved it!

The boys were parked in front of the tv, and it was pretty obvious they needed some downtime, so we stayed. I did, however, run over to the lobby to get some pics. This lobby is, i think, my favorite of all the resorts I've been in-

Yes, bfosbenner, I guess I did see Lucy the Elephant!

to be cont'd later, when photobucket isn't quite so ssssllllloooooowwwww......
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #439
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Ellen - I love reading your posts, but I'm sad because the pictures aren't there. I wonder why? Never mind, I got out and came back in and they are there. Sorry
It was because i needed to upgrade to pro- I had exceeded my bandwith- all better now, right!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #440
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Oh - I LOVE the Boardwalk! SIGH!

Lucky duck with that view! And what is this DVC cash discount? If you don't have enough pts. for your stay, can you get a discount paying with cash? Is that what I'm hearing?
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #441
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Oh - I LOVE the Boardwalk! SIGH!

Lucky duck with that view! And what is this DVC cash discount? If you don't have enough pts. for your stay, can you get a discount paying with cash? Is that what I'm hearing?
Yea- they give 25% off rack rates. We used it to stay in HHI last summer and that night at the BW. Have you seen what they did to the points this week? There are some very po'd people over on DVC planning. They're trying to redistribute the weekend/ weekday points a little more evenly...so they took a few off some weekends, and added a couple more to 99% of weekday stays...the total cost per week stayed relatively the same in most cases, give a point or two. But it's screwing the people who bought a minimum of points to stay su-thu nights with no flexibility. It really stinks they announced this AFTER they increased prices at AKV and BLT. And the people at BLT who bought a minimum? It's not like they can now go, Oh I have to add 25 more points to vacation the way I originally wanted to...they have to add a MINIMUM 100. Nice job, Jim Lewis.

Ok- off the soapbox now.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #442
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! Great update. The Boardwalk looks terrific - if we ever upgrade from the mods, I think BWV would probably be our choice. I love the vibe of the Atlantic Coast boardwalk feel. What a great view you guys had!

We are planning to have dinner at the Flying Fish on our upcoming trip. It is one of the dinners I am most looking forward to!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #443
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Hi Ellen! Great update. The Boardwalk looks terrific - if we ever upgrade from the mods, I think BWV would probably be our choice. I love the vibe of the Atlantic Coast boardwalk feel. What a great view you guys had!

We are planning to have dinner at the Flying Fish on our upcoming trip. It is one of the dinners I am most looking forward to!
Yes, we were very, very fortunate to have been given that view! It made me so happy everytime I looked out the window or sat on the balcony. The lobby though....it's elegant and whimsical all at once, just spectacular! Enjoy Flying Fish- it's my friend, Jane's, favorite Disney restaurant (Jane is the one from ST John margaritas with the hat) and she has great taste. I went on an off night (the MGR even came out and told us so) so I need to try that one again.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #444
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Okay, DW and I have decided that we want you and Pods to be our new best friends!!! We want to hang out with you guys, go where you go, do what you do, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
No, Alan, WE want to be best friends with Ellen and Pods!
No, WE want to be BF with El & Pods!!!

You know I adore The Boardwalk, everything about it, so I loved your pics!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #445
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
No, WE want to be BF with El & Pods!!!

You know I adore The Boardwalk, everything about it, so I loved your pics!
I AM already best friends with them - so Ha!Ha! everybody!
(only Jersey natives can truly be their best friends!)
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #446
podsnel

Jeez- no need to fight over us! We have plenty of love and vacations for everybody!!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #447
pam775
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report. I was wondering what you thought about choosing that week for the cruise. I am also from NJ and am considering the 10/31-11/07/09 Western. It would be our first Disney cruise and the first cruise for my kids DS-7 and DD-5. Any thoughts? Weather? Crowds? Thanks.
pam775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #448
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam775 View Post
I love your trip report. I was wondering what you thought about choosing that week for the cruise. I am also from NJ and am considering the 10/31-11/07/09 Western. It would be our first Disney cruise and the first cruise for my kids DS-7 and DD-5. Any thoughts? Weather? Crowds? Thanks.
We all loved it enough to book the same week in 2010! The weather was still hot, the water was still warm for swimming- Key West was a little cool, but bright and sunny- maybe 75 degrees? We had 2 days out of 10 (if you include the days before & after when we stayed in WDW) that it rained- one was a sea day, and it was not a downpour kind of rain, and one was in Grand Cayman- but their weather had been weird for weeks both before and after we were there. The crowds were fine. Honestly, I NEVER once felt like a herd of cattle on the Magic, even though there were plenty of people onboard (although I don't think it was sold out). There will be loads of folks from NJ onboard because of NJTC, but also lots from other places, too. Have you gone on the cruise meet thread for that date? I would guess that there is TOT set up by the Dissers onboard for the kids, so they won't miss out on ToT! Another good thing about this cruise is that the price is lower than most- and on DCL, that is a very, very good thing! Also- the seas were very calm for us, if you're worried about that. Not that any of this is a guarantee for 2009, but nothing is, right?

Good luck with your decision- I wish I had gone when my kids were that age- the characters and magic are even more wonderful then, when they really, truly believe.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #449
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Great view. Man everytime I come here i Keep thinking we should look into joining DVC... but then a part of me goes into panic mode.. NO CLUE WHY lol
Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #450
pam775
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the information. It is a great age. I'm pretty sure we will book and I will check the boards for that week as well. And of course the ToT is so important. It's one of our favorite days of the year. I hope to do a pre-trip report as well as the actual trip report. I just hope I can capture all of our wonderful times and memories as well as you did and others have. Thanks again.
pam775 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: