Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #406
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!

So sad it has come to an end!!!

Thanks for such a MAGICal report!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #407
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Heading to the Boardwalk

Ok- where was I? Oh! DS9 and I decided to walk over to BWV while the other 2 men drove over. I really, really love that Epcot resort area.

We were heading for the clown pool- very excited to try something new! I had a TM from Camster0607, we just missed each other! She was at Epcot. But we were going to hook up tonight, so I knew I'd see her then. The DSs couldn't wait to check out that Keister Koaster- it was a blast!!

DS9-

DS11-

They liked this slide MUCH better than the one at AKV- I hope the new pool there has a slide that's more thrilling for them!

I need to upload more photos- so if I have time I'll update tonight- otherwise...I'll see you when i get back from the USVI!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #408
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Seriously Ellen - I think I walked through the pool area that day. Probably walked right by you - which I'm thinking is a good thing: if I had seen you, we would have hung out by the pool, had a few drinks and then I never would have met up with my family at Epcot!

And it was such a gorgeous day, wasn't it?
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #409
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk looks like sooooo much fun! We are planning to eat at the Flying Fish on our trip in May, so we'll get to visit the Boardwalk for the first time. I have to admit though....that clown slide creeps me out....I've got a thing about scary clowns! That being said, I think if I could try any of the Disney resorts, Boardwalk would be right near the top for me.

Looks like you guys had a great weather day! Perfect pool weather!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #410
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Ha!Ha! Alan - there is something creepy about that clown slide! You should see it at night!

Reminds of that Stephen King book "It"!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #411
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollytammy View Post
"You know what it is, about the cruise that made it so hard for me to leave? Yes, it was a great vacation, but I am lucky enough to be able to say I have had lots of those. It was the fact that, as Mom, or even DW, I am always the Cruise Director- I decide where we eat on vacation, what we eat, when we eat- I arrange the activities, I arrange the transportation, I take care of all the little details that make it magical for my family. But on this cruise...well, Brent was the CD! I was OFF!!! All those decisions were off my plate AND someone tidied my room everyday and gave me chocolates on my pillow at night. We were told when and where we were eating, and it was awesome! Someone I trusted and really liked told my family what we would like to eat. All the planning for what to do was either arranged before I ever even saw the ship, or taken care of once we got on by someone else with oodles more knowledge than me. I just had to show up and start having a grand old time. I was totally pampered and spoiled"

I agree. No fights about where we're eating or trying to find the place, everything is right there for our enjoyment! Well put
EXACTLY!!! Happy times all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
We actually said it was the boys bdays since E was gonna and missed there bdays, thank god there was 8 of us to split that cake it was jinormous LOL

oh and the 29th is my Anniversary... I knew I liked you! LOL

I concure, totally felt like you, when we had to leave,... i kept stalling us LOL

COOL a "free" souvy will have to remember to work that in next time we go!

loved your cruise trippy it was very nice so sad to see it end.... but looking forward to the WDW trippy!
Ok Cali girl- I knew I liked YOU too! Nov 29th is your anniversary? A FABULOUS day in history!!! Now there are 2 great events to celebrate that day! And thanks for hangin' in for the WDW portion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3castawaycay123 View Post
I absolutely HATE the last day!!!!! I am so sad after Castaway Cay. Last cruise, I was going to go hideaway in one of our server's cabin!! I was so close too! I'm gald you had a great time. We cant get over our post cruise blues untill like a month has passed!
It is very, VERY hard to get past those blues- just have to have a little pity party for a bit, and then look for that sun to shine again, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggy View Post
So sad it has come to an end!!!

Thanks for such a MAGICal report!!!
You're welcome...but, I'm not done, quite yet! Please come back for more.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #412
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Ha!Ha! Alan - there is something creepy about that clown slide! You should see it at night!

I agree about the clown. But my kids loved it when we stayed there. And we loved the resort. It is one of my favorites because it is between our two favorite parks, EPCOT and HS!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #413
podsnel

Quote:
Seriously Ellen - I think I walked through the pool area that day. Probably walked right by you - which I'm thinking is a good thing: if I had seen you, we would have hung out by the pool, had a few drinks and then I never would have met up with my family at Epcot!
And it was such a gorgeous day, wasn't it?
Oh...the tragedy! ( I don't mean about your family- I mean about us not hangin' by the pool all day laughing our butts off! ) And I never would have made it to CG.... and THAT would have been a BIG tragedy, because it was spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
The Boardwalk looks like sooooo much fun! We are planning to eat at the Flying Fish on our trip in May, so we'll get to visit the Boardwalk for the first time. I have to admit though....that clown slide creeps me out....I've got a thing about scary clowns! That being said, I think if I could try any of the Disney resorts, Boardwalk would be right near the top for me.

Looks like you guys had a great weather day! Perfect pool weather!
It was GORGEOUS that day- could not have made it better in any way (unless I had stayed on the Magic- OOPS! I thought I was recovered! Oh well...a brief relapse! ). It was my first time at BWV- but, I am sure, not my last! It is a wonderful place. Once we checked in, I could NOT get over my view- it was fantastic! But I will elaborate at another time- it 's 7 degrees here in NJ- but 85 in St John...so I think I'll pick........

Quote:

I loved that book- and I don't think I'm afraid of clowns (I have a cousin who is one-) but, I never saw it at night! Hmmmmmmmmm......
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #414
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I agree about the clown. But my kids loved it when we stayed there. And we loved the resort. It is one of my favorites because it is between our two favorite parks, EPCOT and HS!
Yes, yes, yes! And that lobby? The most beautiful of them all, IMHO!

Ok- everyone singalong...

"I wanna go where it's warm...I wanna go where it's warm....I wanna go where it's WARM!"

See you in a few days-

Ellen
Old 01-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #415
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I loved that book- and I don't think I'm afraid of clowns (I have a cousin who is one-) but, I never saw it at night! Hmmmmmmmmm......
Cue the spooky music...........................

Old 01-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #416
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yes, yes, yes! And that lobby? The most beautiful of them all, IMHO!

Ok- everyone singalong...

"I wanna go where it's warm...I wanna go where it's warm....I wanna go where it's WARM!"

See you in a few days-

Ellen
I hate you!

Have a great time! I'll be waiting for pix!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #417
flafan
Mouseketeer

Just found your wonderful report. I am only on pg 20 but I had to say thank you so much for sharing. I can not wait to read the rest
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
flafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #418
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

Elen,
Do you have a link to the other TR's
I keep loosing my subscripton

Did you see "Lucy the Elephant" in the BWV?
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #419
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

hope you have a great adult only fun time
Old 01-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #420
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ellen, have a wonderful trip - Save up some sunshine and hurry back with pics! I think you can post pics here, since you are still doing your TR - I've seen others do that...

Quote:
Cue the spooky music...........................

Oh, that is just creepy! I really don't like the looks of this pool! I do want to stay in this resort, just near the quiet pool. Oh, they probably don't have a bar, huh? Maybe if I have enough to drink, I'll learn to like the clown!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: