Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #376
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Your breakfast adventure is too funny! I can totally see me doing the same thing and my DH shaking his head the same way!!!!

Wet thigh thingy? Been there, done that.... at Blizzard Beach actually! I hope it didn't get too bad and you didn't suffer after the fact!

Great pix, Ellen!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #377
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Just because

I am loving the memories from our cruise together I am giving you my 100th post!!!

I know, I know, you are feeling way special aren't you??? Anyways, just want to let you know that now I am out of hiding, I may be commenting alot on your TR, even though it is almost over

Me DD
princesspaige is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #378
Leash
DIS Veteran

Absolutley awesome trip report! You have officially convinced me that we need to go on a Disney Cruise.

DH, my parents and I were supposed to go to Disney World this past December but due to an irritating series of events had to cancel. I told my mom we would need to try to make it again next year but after just a few of your posts I told her to forget Disney World let's go on a Disney Cruise! She is onboard and we are planning on December 2010.

I am getting sad knowing that your report is coming to a close as it helps me get through my tedious day trapped in my office with no ocean views
Past trips: Many times as a child; '99 DL(DLH); '01 DL(PP); '02 DL(Park Vue Inn); '03 DL(Tropicana Inn), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '04 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL(HoJo), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '05 DL(HoJo), DL(GCH), DL(Red Roof Inn); '06 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL (HoJo), DL(GCH), WDW(WL); '07 DL(HoJo); '08 DL(Candy Cane Inn);'10 WDW(AKL);'11 DL(Candy Cane Inn)

Leash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #379
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Wow, those are some gorgeous pics of CC, especially the one of the ship as you're headed back.
I loved reading about the bike ride. I've often thought that it might be nice to do, but didn't really know what there was to see. I never even knew about the tower! That's definitely a nice place to get some pics. Thanks for sharing that...I think we'll have to take a bike ride in September just to check it out!
I can't believe that the report is coming to a close. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report!
Yes, go for the bike ride- you will have a whole new additional perspective of CC when you do! Besides, it's just fun to discover stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Terrific update! I know I say this in every post, put those pictures are absolutely incredible. You should be a travel photographer. Disney couldn't design a better brochure than this trip report. I wanna go sooooo bad!

The impromptu biking adventure looked like great fun! Sometimes, it is those unplanned moments that are most memorable. That will be a great memory that you and DS9 will always share together.....and you really can't put a price tag on something like that.
Alan, you're so sweet! I used to take a TON of photos with an SLR camera, I was really into it. But then i was bitten by the digital bug, and I now just have the point and shoots. (Right before the digital craze began, DH had given me a Canon Elan 7e with some very nice lenses, cha-ching!!! So I'm putting off the puschase of another SLR for maybe another year.) Anyway, it's always nice to hear they come out ok, because you give up all the control the SLR offers when you use them. Have you ever looked at the pics on the photography board?? OMG!!!!

And I agree- sometimes the unplanned events in a trip become some of the biggest and best memories! Hard for all of us ocd planners to remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Your breakfast adventure is too funny! I can totally see me doing the same thing and my DH shaking his head the same way!!!!

Wet thigh thingy? Been there, done that.... at Blizzard Beach actually! I hope it didn't get too bad and you didn't suffer after the fact!

Great pix, Ellen!
I just kept apologizing and apologizing to those servers- I felt like SUCH a moron!!!!

And I had fire thighs BIG TIME....the walk from where we were on the beach to the post office was a hike- and I was there and back twice. Only the first trip wasn't painful!! Next time I'm wearing shorts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
I am loving the memories from our cruise together I am giving you my 100th post!!!

I know, I know, you are feeling way special aren't you??? Anyways, just want to let you know that now I am out of hiding, I may be commenting alot on your TR, even though it is almost over
Actually, that DID make me feel special- thanks!! Yes, please- keep talking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leash View Post
Absolutley awesome trip report! You have officially convinced me that we need to go on a Disney Cruise.

DH, my parents and I were supposed to go to Disney World this past December but due to an irritating series of events had to cancel. I told my mom we would need to try to make it again next year but after just a few of your posts I told her to forget Disney World let's go on a Disney Cruise! She is onboard and we are planning on December 2010.

I am getting sad knowing that your report is coming to a close as it helps me get through my tedious day trapped in my office with no ocean views
That is EXCELLENT!!! Great for you!!! Wow, I feel so powerful. Just to be safe, you'd better bring me along so I can help influence you throughout the cruise!!

Don't be sad!! I'll be writing about St John in a couple of weeks....and then another all-girls trip in May...and a family reunion in HHI in August...and WDW in November....maybe a trip with DH next fall... the tr's are endless......
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #380
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures, Ellen! I know I've been a slacker, but I'm all caught up. And I can't believe it's almost over!

Ok, so really, what happened with the breakfast? Was there really food under all of those covers? It looked gooooood!

I love the shot of the cruise ship in the distance - looks like it's sitting on the trees!

ps - did Pods go to the game on Sunday?
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #381
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Beautiful pictures, Ellen! I know I've been a slacker, but I'm all caught up. And I can't believe it's almost over!

Ok, so really, what happened with the breakfast? Was there really food under all of those covers? It looked gooooood!

I love the shot of the cruise ship in the distance - looks like it's sitting on the trees!

ps - did Pods go to the game on Sunday?
Yes- there was really food under those covers- and I took the pic AFTER we sent 2 plates of pancakes and like 4 plates of eggs and 2 or 3 plates of toast back- plus, I think, a bowl of fruit!! And, FWIW, I had ordered this all BEFORE we went to Palo, so you can't even blame intoxication- I am this stupid sober!!! That is what's REALLY embarrassing!

Yes, Pods was at the Giants game on Sunday. How disappointing a game was that? Really, though, as I said on your thread, it means we'll be able to stay out more on Sunday night in St John- last year we stayed home and watched the Giants win the playoffs when we were there-

My DGF, Jane, found the game very exciting- A true Giants fan!

Pods was just a little happy when they won-

Ahhh well...this year they'll just have to watch the playoffs in whatever bar we crawl into!

Last edited by podsnel; 01-14-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #382
podsnel

A final show and dinner...sniff sniff....

Back in the cabin, the kids showered and watched tv, while I began the looooonnnngggg process of packing up- the ONLY thing making the packing a little easier was knowing that tomorrow we would be going to WDW- well, that and the fact that on Thursday of the cruise we had rebooked for another western on Oct 30, 2010! That really helped- probably would have helped more if we were going sooner, but still a very, very good thing!!

Anyway, after I packed most of the stuff, I showered and DS9 and I headed to the WDT for the final show- Til we meet again. This was a combo of some of the acts we had seen during the week (comedians, magicians) and the characters in a musical production.

Cindy is still my favorite-

Then some comedy- the Tinkerbell DVD had just been released- but it turns out there's one more new fairy ready to take on the world by storm- the REDNECK FAIRY!

Has anyone met him yet with the other fairies in the Magic Kingdom? Oh boy.

Wow- fireworks again!

A nice show, but I don't think it cheered anyone up!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #383
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Oh, Ellen, I'm crying with you! Say it ain't so! It's can't be over already!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #384
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Oh, Ellen, I'm crying with you! Say it ain't so! It's can't be over already!
Oh...it be so.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #385
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

I HATE THE LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #386
podsnel

Til We Meet Again Dinner

Once again, we were in Parrot Cay for dinner. But, of course, we would be enjoying yet another menu to celebrate the evening. Ranzil & Christian came over to take the drink order, and DS9 just said, "You know" and DS11 got a last strawberry smoothie-

I wanted to try the Artichoke Dip with Sweet onion mayonaisse and focaccia toast-

Very yummy! DS9 ordered some chicken soup from the kids menu-

DS11 had a chilled seafood medley-

he ate all of it but the smoked salmon. DH had Romaine salad with Artichoke chips served with a bacon wrapped date and caesar dressing-

Our table neighbor, who I called Debbie because I REALLY think she looks like my neighbor,Debbie, didn't get a date on her salad- so they brought her one. Our servers seemed a little distracted tonight, and we learned it was because they had a table of 8 or 10 added this last evening. At the end of the meal, one of those passengers came over to tell us how lucky we were to have had Ranzil & Christian all week- whoever they had had all week was not good, they were not happy, and finally said something and were switched to our guys- who they ADORED! Of course... Anyway, here are our table neighbors, I am so happy we got to sit next to them all week!

Debbie...I mean, Mindy-

I really enjoyed her company. The two of us took so many food photographs that week it was like we were the DCL cuisine paparazzi! By the way, Mindy and one of her girls had gone parasailing on CC, and she was over the moon about it- We will have to do that next time!!

Back to the food! DH ate this delicious Seafood Linguini Pasta with Lobster (the tiniest pieces!) scallops, shrimp, clams and asparagus in a shrimp tarragon sauce-

And the rest of us had Grilled Beef Tenderloin served with William Potato, asparagus spears, and bernaise sauce-

Remember a million posts ago I said DS11 had baked alaska in bed? I was wrong- it was something else! Sorry!! Tonight was the big baked alaska parade!

See the woman in the last pic between the two servers? Wearing a striped shirt? None other than....Jenny2!!!

All the servers marched with their flags-

Christian-

Ranzil-

Too many desserts in the next post!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #387
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
I HATE THE LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!
Not this one, you don't! Because my LAST day was your FIRST day!!! Look out! Pretty soon there's a Dismeet....
Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #388
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I've been slacking here, been very busy. Your TR's are simply the best, well yours & Cammie's. I hate to see it end....did you say a DIS meet?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #389
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

Dont let it be over!!!!!!!

and....

GO EAGLES!
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #390
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh NO! Last Show - Last Dinner - Last Dessert - and you're already packed. ..... Your dinner looks wonderful - and it's great you made some great friends!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: