Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #361
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggy View Post
I am late to join in - but I wanted to say what a great trip report! We are going on the Western this September!

Kelly
Hi and thank-you!! Enjoy every minute of your Western, it will be great!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #362
vanessa3198
Mouseketeer

I love your pictures of CC!!
They're beautiful!
I can't wait till I finally get to see it in person!

vanessa3198 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #363
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa3198 View Post
I love your pictures of CC!!
They're beautiful!
I can't wait till I finally get to see it in person!
Thanks- and CC is much more beautiful than these pictures show. If I could work in a double dip cruise with our schedule, it would be a dream come true. Too bad they don't offer those double dips more often!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #364
podsnel

To snorkel or not to snorkel, THAT is the question!

Ah- that's a nice sign! So we all decided we should try a little snorkeling. If you recall, DS9 enjoyed the snorkeling (in rough water 25 feet deep) in GC, but DS11 was a little freaked and stayed on the boat. So, being that this was so much more family friendly and all, we thought we would have no issues. We chose our equipment after handing the CM our tickets (with the pkg they give you coupons to hand in when you rent the stuff) and headed out to explore.

DS9-

DS11-

DS9 started having problems almost immediately with his mask. We just could not get it to seal on him, and it kept leaking, which was making him very, very frustrated.

But DS11 was totally enjoying the whole thing!

I decided DS9 and I would go back and exchange his snorkel- but, by the time we swam back there, he decided he didn't want to exchange the snorkel- what he REALLY wanted to do was go for a bike ride with his Mom. That's ok- I don't mind a date with my favorite 9 year old! So we headed over to the bike stand, and I let DS9 lead the way-

See, when we got on the wrong tram earlier in the day, we saw that there was a WHOLE rest of the island out there to explore. DS9 is just like me- he needs to SEE IT ALL!!!!! So, we did just that!

We made it out to the tower-

And took turns with another couple taking pics- I hope theirs came out as well as ours!

That Magic looks so far, far away!

And now, for your bathroom viewing pleasure, I give you CC's finest accomodations!

Back on the road again...

This was all so well themed for a child (or Disney Mental patient, such as myself!), I loved that you never knew what you were going to find around the next corner! Lots of coolness to discover. The CM beach was empty-

The adult beach was deserted, the day was coming to its end...

cont'd in the next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 01-13-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #365
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

What kind of camera did you take for the underwater shots? I'm debating over what to do about that.

I need to somehow convince DFi to go for that bike ride on our honeymoon. I am like you and your son...I have to see everything just in case there is something I might miss!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #366
podsnel

CC cont'd

So we turned in our bikes and went back to see our family. I think DS9 & I were hungry, so we went to see if they had anything for us over there at Cookie's BBQ, and we shared some pizza and DS9 had ice cream.

It's getting late...

The watchamacallit looks a little different now, doesn't it? DS9 found a coconut-

And then it was time to read that dreaded sign that I've seen on EVERY TR on this board....except this time, it was talkin' to us. And that was just no good.

Did ya ever notice, your feet just kind of move slower and slower the closer you get to the ship? And your brain frantically grasps at any possibility there might be of becoming an island stowaway? But you always, i bet, come to the inevitable conclusion that it JUST WON'T WORK. So you suck it up- and drag yourself back onboard.

Back at the cabin, DH assumed the postion-

And the CMs waved good-bye as we headed for home.

Next- it's time for our last night!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #367
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
What kind of camera did you take for the underwater shots? I'm debating over what to do about that.

I need to somehow convince DFi to go for that bike ride on our honeymoon. I am like you and your son...I have to see everything just in case there is something I might miss!!
Oh, I hope you can convince him! The island is beautiful, and you see so much more of it by going out on a bike ride. DS9 and I pretty much did the whole thing in an hour (or maybe less).

My camera is an Olympus 850sw- I got it after reading a thread about underwater cameras on this forum. The pictures are so much nicer than one of those disposables- I think I paid a little over $200? on Amazon. The BEST thing about it, though, was that I never worried about it in ANY water situation- even if I wasn't taking underwater pictures, I could still have it above the water, etc, where I normally wouldn't bring a camera. I'm going to pm you about it.

E
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #368
iu97alum
DIS Veteran

LOVE your TR!!!!!!!

Me DH DD5 DD3
1/08 VWL
1/09 DCL Wonder

iu97alum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #369
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ellen, your CC days was heavenly! Beautiful pics of the flowers. That is so funny about your breakfast! They must have been wondering what you people looked like!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #370
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Christmas cards for CM's

I just looked up the address for DCL and mailed the lot of them in a big envelope. I put a note in there asking them to make sure the cards were delivered. For the CM's that I did not know last names, I wrote a brief description (like where they are from) to help. About a week after I mailed the package I received a phone call from DCL saying they received the cards and would make sure the CM's got them. Pretty cool...

Me DD
princesspaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #371
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OH my favorite Island. Im lol about all the eggs. Yet they did look good. OH and the Mahi samich.. I LOVED it wish I would have had another it was so yummo!

OH and the rubbing of the thighs.. I feel ya sista... lol
Old 01-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #372
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Oh, boy, I gotta good chuckle over your breakfast. That was really funny. It all looked good though.

CC is great. I want to live there.

You are making my thighs hurt just thinking about your pain. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. Next time I'm going to take powder with and see if that will help.

Can't wait for more.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #373
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iu97alum View Post
LOVE your TR!!!!!!!
Thank-you! Only 5 more days for you!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ellen, your CC days was heavenly! Beautiful pics of the flowers. That is so funny about your breakfast! They must have been wondering what you people looked like!
They must have been wondering how these idiots could afford the REAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
I just looked up the address for DCL and mailed the lot of them in a big envelope. I put a note in there asking them to make sure the cards were delivered. For the CM's that I did not know last names, I wrote a brief description (like where they are from) to help. About a week after I mailed the package I received a phone call from DCL saying they received the cards and would make sure the CM's got them. Pretty cool...
Thank-you! I might send them valentines, since I missed Christmas. Very nice they called you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OH my favorite Island. Im lol about all the eggs. Yet they did look good. OH and the Mahi samich.. I LOVED it wish I would have had another it was so yummo!

OH and the rubbing of the thighs.. I feel ya sista... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Oh, boy, I gotta good chuckle over your breakfast. That was really funny. It all looked good though.

CC is great. I want to live there.

You are making my thighs hurt just thinking about your pain. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. Next time I'm going to take powder with and see if that will help.

Can't wait for more.
Ya know, prior to this, I don't even remember the last time I was chaffed! It was just the wrong combo of everything, I guess.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #374
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Wow, those are some gorgeous pics of CC, especially the one of the ship as you're headed back.
I loved reading about the bike ride. I've often thought that it might be nice to do, but didn't really know what there was to see. I never even knew about the tower! That's definitely a nice place to get some pics. Thanks for sharing that...I think we'll have to take a bike ride in September just to check it out!
I can't believe that the report is coming to a close. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #375
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Terrific update! I know I say this in every post, put those pictures are absolutely incredible. You should be a travel photographer. Disney couldn't design a better brochure than this trip report. I wanna go sooooo bad!

The impromptu biking adventure looked like great fun! Sometimes, it is those unplanned moments that are most memorable. That will be a great memory that you and DS9 will always share together.....and you really can't put a price tag on something like that.

Renfroe family returns to WDW for first time in 5 years! May 30-June 5, 2014

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: