Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #301
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Happy New Year Ellen! Still loving your TR, but I must know, what was the conversation in the bathroom that convinced your DH to rebook? Would it work with Jeff?????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #302
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Happy New Year Ellen! Still loving your TR, but I must know, what was the conversation in the bathroom that convinced your DH to rebook? Would it work with Jeff?????
It'll work for your second DCL cruise, not your 1st- when you rebook on board, you get a 10% discount and we only had to put down $400 or $500 for the 4 of us to hold the cabin, which is totally refundable if you later decide not to cruise. Plus, 2010 cruises had only been announced the month before, so those rates were already low- the price goes up as the cruise gets closer. Except in the case of this thing they're offering now, where kids go for free with the adults.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #303
podsnel

Another day at Sea...

We woke up on Thursday morning to a bit of cloudiness. After my morning pot of coffee from room service (I REALLY miss that!! Especially this past week!) we went to get some breakfast at Topsiders. I have to say, the thing I loved most about breakfast there was...grapefruit sections! I know, weird, huh? But how WONDERFUL to have all that delicious grapefruit in all nice little sections, ready to pop in my mouth everyday with no effort required...I know, I'm weird! Soooo...DH & I had massages booked this morning (seperately, but with the same masseuse), so he went off for his first, and the boys and I delivered some FE's. We were giving out bags of a bunch of stuff- nerds ropes, beach monkeys (to squirt on the beach at CC, but I don't know if anyone realized what they were), coloring books for the littlest cruisers to use on the trip home that was approaching waaaayyyy to quickly , and for all the adults, I made globes- they could be Christmas ornaments or if not, just something pretty to remember the cruise by. I made them at home, but finished them on the cruise, because inside I put a little Mickey jewel head, and I could only get them in WDW. Here's what they looked like at home before the Mickeys-

Anyway, by 10:15 it was time for my massage- and it was sooooo relaxing! i think I could do that everyday without any issue!! Sap that i am, I foolishly bought the massage stuff, because the massuese explained both my DH & I would benefit from it. And I was completely sold on us going home and giving each other massages with the stuff on a regular basis when we got home.

I'm sure the unopened elemis products are very lonely up there under my bathroom sink.

After relaxing a bit in the RR, I showered and at 12:30 went to the DVC presentation in Diversions. I had missed the presentation for DVC members on Sunday, so I thought I'd go to this one instead, even though it was geared towards new DVC sales. Oh well, at least i got a new Dream book, even if I didn't win the onboard credit!!

Lunch in Topsiders was a seafood buffet, and we made it just in time- wish we had gotten there a little earlier, there was sushi involved which we kind of missed out on. Our kids were still in their clubs, and DH & I decided to try some Bingo- it was the Final Jackpot, and it was PACKED!!! Well, apparently our luck was not with us, because we didn't even come close to winning any of the games- but it was fun to see other people jumping up and down when they won- of course, not as much fun as it would have been if WE won, but you get the idea. The good thing was when Bingo was over, Friendship Rocks, the show the kids put on, was following it right in the WDT, so we were able to get great seats to watch DS9. I looked over, and was SOOO HAPPY to see one of the EDCs I had not yet met, Mom2princessesLinSy. She is just such a sweetheart, and I was really bummed I hadn't seen her yet on the cruise, as she couldn't make it to our Dismeet that first day. While we were chatting and waiting for the show to begin, I had sent DH back to the cabin to get the camera- in case you haven't noticed, there have been no pictures today, because we used up both of our batteries on Weds, and forgot to recharge at night. Good thing he went back to the cabin- because that's where DS9 was! He had decided NOT to participate in the show- because some CM, during rehearsal that day, had told the kids there was something dangerous on the stage that they were not allowed to touch, because it would hurt them very badly. well, my DS9 decided that whatever it was, he didn't want to get anywhere NEAR it because he didn't want to get hurt- so he was not in the show . At the time, I was really sad about this, because he LOVES to be on stage- he is a total ham- and while I understand the CM was trying to keep the kids safe, it kind of stinks that she scared off one little actor who took her so literally.

We delivered a few more FE's, and got ready for dinner. I really don't know where this day went!! DS9 and I went to the early show of Disney Dreams- it was beautiful!!

Jenny2 had told me to be sure not to miss this show, and she was right! It was great!! And it was once again so nice to have that time alone with DS9, on a little date. When it was over, DS9 went to his club- and I was off to a romantic dinner with DH at Palo...
Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #304
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

awww so sad ds missed the show cuz of the cm.

I LOVE the globes adorable. where did you get the customized ribbon? And how did you get them down to the cruise without them breaking?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #305
cew2
Earning My Ears

I love reading your trip report! My family is leaving next Sat. for the western as well. It is our first disney cruise! It is me ,dh, dd9 and ds6. My mom and two nieces16 and 19. My mother in law ( who is afraid of getting seasick?) and Father in law. You make it such a positive experience which I love I can not wait to read the rest! I want it to be here but do not want it to end! I am looking forward to the rest!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #306
bb528
Mouseketeer

this is great reading... cew, we are on the western next sat and from Pa as well...can't wait for some warmer wx
bb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #307
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
awww so sad ds missed the show cuz of the cm.

I LOVE the globes adorable. where did you get the customized ribbon? And how did you get them down to the cruise without them breaking?
I KNOW!!! I was sad, too! He'll be too old for it next time, i think. That's ok, though- he was Joseph on Christmas Eve at church- very special!

Thanks for liking the globes- I ordered the ribbon from Party innovations online- I had to order more than I needed, but I wanted them to be personalized- ya know? So, if anyone needs any ribbons that say Election Day Castaways DCL 11/1/08- let me know-K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cew2 View Post
I love reading your trip report! My family is leaving next Sat. for the western as well. It is our first disney cruise! It is me ,dh, dd9 and ds6. My mom and two nieces16 and 19. My mother in law ( who is afraid of getting seasick?) and Father in law. You make it such a positive experience which I love I can not wait to read the rest! I want it to be here but do not want it to end! I am looking forward to the rest!
I'm so happy for you! You will have a wonderful adventure, and so nice you are going with a group of loved ones!! Has you MIL gotten seasick before? I know a lot of people swear by the ginger chews, or there is supposed to be some other natural alternative to dramamine in health food stores that people rave about- maybe you could load her up with every sea-bands etc. remedy out there before you go, and she'll have no CHOICE but to be ok!

And I don't want it to end either...I always get soooo slowww at the end of a TR because when the TR is finished, the trip is truly done. Oh crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb528 View Post
this is great reading... cew, we are on the western next sat and from Pa as well...can't wait for some warmer wx
Cool! Do you guys have a meet set up onboard? I LOVED- really LOVED seeing all of our DIS buddies everywhere- it made it all that much more special!

E
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #308
podsnel

By the way, I took my kids and Dnephs 7 & 10 to see "Bedtime Stories" tonight- they loved it, very funny, cute movie, a few times, i thought DN7 was busting a gut he was laughing so hard- so if you're headed out to sea anytime soon, try to make the time to see it with your kids.

Or if you're stuck at home like the rest of us with nothing else to do with a bunch of crazy kids.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #309
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love to dance- that's probably what attracted my DH to me- we used to dance all the time in college, even when we were just friends (which we were for YEARS before we ever dated). But I STINK at those line dances- thank goodness for this guy, he was awesome!!

I don't think he ever knew I was following him the whole time- wouldn't it be funny if he was on these boards and said hello!! And can you believe the way the wind is blowing my bandana?

Hope you had a great Holiday, too! Happy 2009! Before you know it, we'll be setting up our Dismeet in May, Alan!

I'm going to try to update today, my niece and nephews are coming over for a sleepover, so we'll see-

Ellen
I love to dance too - but DH never has - before we had kids we used to go out with his single Air Force friends, and I would dance with all of them! He was happy as long as i didn't ask HIM to dance! I love your bandana - heck that guy probably thought you were his date!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #310
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice update - what a great idea for the globes! Too bad your son missed out on being in the show. Lovin' your TR - I hope you do a little St. John report on the community board - I'd love to see it!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #311
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

Thanks again for the globes! It held a special place on our Christmas tree. Every vacation we pick up new Christmas tree ornaments. Every time I looked at your globe it reminded me of our time at sea. Thanks for a long lasting memory!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #312
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I love to dance too - but DH never has - before we had kids we used to go out with his single Air Force friends, and I would dance with all of them! He was happy as long as i didn't ask HIM to dance! I love your bandana - heck that guy probably thought you were his date!
Well, that's good he didn't mind you dancin with all of his buddies! And trust me, that guy neer knew I was there- he was totally focused on the stage the entire time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice update - what a great idea for the globes! Too bad your son missed out on being in the show. Lovin' your TR - I hope you do a little St. John report on the community board - I'd love to see it!
Really? Maybe I will write something about St John- we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospup View Post
Thanks again for the globes! It held a special place on our Christmas tree. Every vacation we pick up new Christmas tree ornaments. Every time I looked at your globe it reminded me of our time at sea. Thanks for a long lasting memory!
Hi Birthday buddy! I'm so happy you liked it- I am the same way about Christmas ornaments- love to remember all the places I've been with them...

And anewmac- I forgot to say, I got them down to the ship by wrapping each one in bubble wrap, and carrying them on the plane in a big GAP bag. Only one broke on the way home for anyone (that I know of) and I sent her a new one right before Christmas- that one made it to her house safely!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #313
i<3castawaycay123
Jesus Freak and proud of it! :)

I LOVE Disney Dreams!! It is my favorite show on the ship and pretty much anywhere. i even have a pin for it. I hope that ya'll enjoyed it very much.

we are not trying to entertain the critics. i'll take my chances with the public. - walt disney
i<3castawaycay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #314
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

this is a great tr. i can't finish it all tonight - have to get some sleep after 2 weeks christmas holiday it's back to work for me tomorrow - can't wait to finish it thought.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #315
podsnel

Palo for dinner, and how many drinks does it take to go on the bathroom tour?

Hi! It's the first day back to school for the kids, my house is a train wreck after the big, LOOOOONNGGGGG break, I have 3 trees to de-Christmasize- perfect time to write an update!!

DH & I were headed to Palo for a romantic evening in DCL's lovely restaurant. We were seated at a table in Anne Marie's section, and she was wonderful, we really enjoyed her. We needed to choose a bottle of wine, and since we had the REAS a bottle from the premium wine list was included with this meal. But I'm a troublemaker, and I wanted something different- because we had been drinking from that list all week, and i thought it would be so nice to have some Brunello (because it is ALWAYS nice to have some Brunello, isn't it?!). So Ann Marie deducted the wine credit off of the more expensive bottle for us. Then she went looking for the bottle which we had left over from the night before, Chateau Nuef de Pape recommended by Ranzil and sent up to Palo by him for us. While we were waiting, we ordered cocktails, I had a Bombay Saphire martini (because I enjoyed the one I had at the the tasting earlier in the week) and DH had a frou-frou martini (which is a BIG switch because HE is MUCH more of a martini drinker than me, but, whatever...). We placed our orders, and Anne Marie brought out the selection of breads and antipasti of prosciutto, braesola, olives and cheeses-

Next came the pizza, we had ordered Quattro Fromagie and Mushroom-

They do have such incredible brick oven pizza there! Of all of them, though, I think the blue cheese/ grape one at brunch was my favorite!

Sorry to break it up- but I have to stop and go exercise- I've got to put on a bathing suit in less than 2 weeks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: