Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #286
nobodycares
I've sailed on the Magic and the Wonder. Election Day Castaway

great trip report

Really enjoying your trip report. It is outstanding, and I am not saying that just because we were on the same trip. I keep looking in the background of your photo's for us and fellow dis'rs.

Your pics take us right back to that spectacular day in Cozumel. We were out at Chakanaba too - but we played it safe and took the DCL excursion. We did the snorkling and then went out to Discovery Mexico (yawn on that stop). Next time, I wouldn't hesitate to venture out and book the excursion directly. Beautiful facility.

I enjoyed the snorkling at Castaway Cay - The Disney-fied version vs. reality.
Since I am a beginner, the sheltered waters at CC were easier for me than open water. Plus I did enjoy finding the points of interest in the lagoon at CC.

DH also conked out and slept through the Pirate Night party. It was soooo windy on deck nine when DD and I went through the lines to get some goodies at the Pirate Night Buffet.

Looking forward to your next postings. Happy Holiday Wishes.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #287
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Let's Dance!

So DH & I were up on Deck 9 to enjoy the Pirate Party alone, I STILL am so sad my kids missed it! But they were TIRED boys, so good for them, they knew when to say when!

The fun began-

And to the shock of everyone on board, we were taken over by pirates!!! Aaargh!!!!!!!!!! They seemed to be falling from the sky!

Looks like Captain Hook had his sights set on the Magic-

What ever will we do? Leave it to the Mouse to save the day!

Then there were fireworks at sea to celebrate-

Followed by much merriment and dancing. I have to comment, I do not EVER know the steps to ANY line type dances- as those who have read about the HHI mom dance debacle of summer '08 in my other TR can attest- so I do my best and follow whoever looks most impressive. Or whoever is closest that I can see-

For the Pirate Party, I was following this guy next to me- can you say, "Hey, Macarena!" Let me just say, that this guy knew EVERY MOVE to EVERY SONG!! And he looked like a big, tough, biker guy...NEVER would you guess he was going to dance to everything and do it sooooo well. I just LOVE Disney- it's always full of surprises even when it's not them trying!!

So, after the dancing, the CM's dragged over all the lounge chairs, and we got to cuddle up in front of the big screen and watch Pirates- Curse of the Black Pearl. It was soooo windy out there...so once again, Disney does it right as the CM's passed out hot beach towels to use as blankets and warm ourselves up. This was truly the icing on the cake!! It was an absolutely blissful experience...laying in a lounge chair, cuddled in warm blankies, watching Pirates under the stars at sea on a Disney ship. WOW. Just...WOW.

I just have to mention- I forgot a part of our day!! At 5:30, AFTER the coffee and shower but before the shopping, DS9 & I went to the Walt Disney Theatre to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua and we thought it was GREAT!! So nice to see it on such a big screen- that was excellent!!

Next- our second day at sea, and dinner at Palo!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #288
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Love your pics El!!!!! I am a shrimpaholic, I would eat shrimp 24/7 if I could. Lately I'm hooked on grilled shrimp with this basted on it - YUMMO!

http://www.lwcbrandsinc.com/fth15ozboofr.html
That sounds yummy- I love to grill shrimp, I'll have to order some sauce to go with it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREFIGHTERMICKEY View Post
Looks Like you had a Magical time! Cantw ait for our cruise! Its getting closer!
Yes, we did! I'm sure you will, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodycares View Post
Really enjoying your trip report. It is outstanding, and I am not saying that just because we were on the same trip. I keep looking in the background of your photo's for us and fellow dis'rs.

Your pics take us right back to that spectacular day in Cozumel. We were out at Chakanaba too - but we played it safe and took the DCL excursion. We did the snorkling and then went out to Discovery Mexico (yawn on that stop). Next time, I wouldn't hesitate to venture out and book the excursion directly. Beautiful facility.

I enjoyed the snorkling at Castaway Cay - The Disney-fied version vs. reality.
Since I am a beginner, the sheltered waters at CC were easier for me than open water. Plus I did enjoy finding the points of interest in the lagoon at CC.

DH also conked out and slept through the Pirate Night party. It was soooo windy on deck nine when DD and I went through the lines to get some goodies at the Pirate Night Buffet.

Looking forward to your next postings. Happy Holiday Wishes.
Hi! Happy Holidays!! I'm so happy you're enjoying my report! I totally "blame" you for our rebooking, because of our conversation in the bathroom! I used all your convincing arguments with DH and he said fine- I was SHOCKED!! So THANK-YOU!!!!

We never made it to the buffet on Pirate night- we ate sooo much at dinner, that the last thing on our minds was more food. Next time I'll make sure we don't stuff ourselves in the dining room before the party.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #289
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
It was soooo windy out there...so once again, Disney does it right as the CM's passed out hot beach towels to use as blankets and warm ourselves up. This was truly the icing on the cake!! It was an absolutely blissful experience...laying in a lounge chair, cuddled in warm blankies, watching Pirates under the stars at sea on a Disney ship. WOW. Just...WOW.
That sounds amazing!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #290
Laneychris
DIS Veteran

Great pics!

Laneychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #291
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Pirate party

DD and I made it to the party, a quick run thru the deserts (yummy!!) and then back to the cabin and to bed...or was it back to the cabin to watch Hocus Pocus for the million and one time??? I think I know that movie by heart...

I am going to have to remember to take pictures of our food next trip...I never thought to do that.

Me DD
princesspaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #292
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ellen - thanks for the Christmas photos. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Your dinner looked absolutely marvelous! Wish I had been there.

Your pirate night sounded pretty chilly, but how nice to have heated towels. When we were there we just went down to the bar because of the chilly weather.

Well, Happy New Year to you and your guys, and can't wait for your next installment!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #293
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

subbing. Loving the report. We are hoping to take a crusie Nov 2010. Hoping to get the cruise over ds#1 b-day. Only thing is do we really want to take the kids out for a week.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #294
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

ohhhh warm towels I could use one right about now LOL. Loved this installment.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #295
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Amazing pirate party!!!! Who wouldn't love POTC on the big screen?????
Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #296
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

I'm hooked...your trip report is great.

We just booked our FIRST cruise - 7 night Western on Magic for March 6, 2010. It seems so far away but will pass the time reading and planning.

Thanks again for building the excitement for all of us who have yet to experience the MAGIC!!

Will be back to read more.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #297
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

This is a FABULOUS trip report. I am really enjoying it and learning a lot (exotic rasul). I can't thank you enough for all the pictures and the relatively brief, but informative narrative. We leave in 3 weeks 2 days for our 1st magic western and this is really preparing me. I absolutely love the food pictures. I have my orders all ready. I am amazed at what great eaters your boys are. I hope you can finish this report before we leave, no pressure.
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #298
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I loved that you got out and did the dancing! I love to dance, but am not good at it, so I usually feel self concious enough to opt out.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #299
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! Love the updates! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season.

The Renfroes

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #300
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
That sounds amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneychris View Post
Great pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
DD and I made it to the party, a quick run thru the deserts (yummy!!) and then back to the cabin and to bed...or was it back to the cabin to watch Hocus Pocus for the million and one time??? I think I know that movie by heart...

I am going to have to remember to take pictures of our food next trip...I never thought to do that.
So Speed Racer didn't play 24/7 in ALL the cabins? There were OTHER movies, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Ellen - thanks for the Christmas photos. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Your dinner looked absolutely marvelous! Wish I had been there.

Your pirate night sounded pretty chilly, but how nice to have heated towels. When we were there we just went down to the bar because of the chilly weather.

Well, Happy New Year to you and your guys, and can't wait for your next installment!!!
You're welcome for the Christmas pics- and I wish you had been here too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
subbing. Loving the report. We are hoping to take a crusie Nov 2010. Hoping to get the cruise over ds#1 b-day. Only thing is do we really want to take the kids out for a week.
We're going Nov 10- but on the Oct 30th cruise. Yes, it is worth it to take them out of school- as long as you can get some work out of the teachers before hand. I don't know if we'd pull them out for a whole week once they're in High School, though- they'd never catch up! That's why we're trying to do this stuff now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
ohhhh warm towels I could use one right about now LOL. Loved this installment.
Those towels put the whole thing over the top for me- sooooo luxurious and I felt soooo pampered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasess View Post
Amazing pirate party!!!! Who wouldn't love POTC on the big screen?????
EXACTLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
I'm hooked...your trip report is great.

We just booked our FIRST cruise - 7 night Western on Magic for March 6, 2010. It seems so far away but will pass the time reading and planning.

Thanks again for building the excitement for all of us who have yet to experience the MAGIC!!

Will be back to read more.

Thanks so much! I understand how you feel- last year I became addicted to the DIS because of this trip board. I could not stop reading them! They really do help you prepare for your own cruise, especially when you haven't been before. Don't forget to write one yourself when you come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndik1111 View Post
This is a FABULOUS trip report. I am really enjoying it and learning a lot (exotic rasul). I can't thank you enough for all the pictures and the relatively brief, but informative narrative. We leave in 3 weeks 2 days for our 1st magic western and this is really preparing me. I absolutely love the food pictures. I have my orders all ready. I am amazed at what great eaters your boys are. I hope you can finish this report before we leave, no pressure.
Thanks so much! I am trying to finish before I go to St. John in 2 weeks, so cross your fingers! That's funny about you already knowing what you want to order- that's how I was! My boys are good eaters- DS11 is AWESOME- even when he was a baby. I gave him salmon with pesto on top of it when he was 10 mos old, and he was shoveling it into his little face with both fists- so cute!! DS9 is pickier, but he LOVES the show Top Chef, so that helps motivate him to try new things- we were all shocked when he tried chicken soup on the ship- we've been trying to get him to eat soup for years, for him I think it's a sensory/ texture thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Ellen! I loved that you got out and did the dancing! I love to dance, but am not good at it, so I usually feel self concious enough to opt out.
I love to dance- that's probably what attracted my DH to me- we used to dance all the time in college, even when we were just friends (which we were for YEARS before we ever dated). But I STINK at those line dances- thank goodness for this guy, he was awesome!!

I don't think he ever knew I was following him the whole time- wouldn't it be funny if he was on these boards and said hello!! And can you believe the way the wind is blowing my bandana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Hi Ellen! Love the updates! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season.

The Renfroes
Hope you had a great Holiday, too! Happy 2009! Before you know it, we'll be setting up our Dismeet in May, Alan!

I'm going to try to update today, my niece and nephews are coming over for a sleepover, so we'll see-

Ellen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: