Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #226
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

I just can't wait for more pictures. You're doing such a beautiful job with this report. Thank you so much for sharing all this.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #227
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Oh my gosh! This is a perfect picture of paradise!!! Wow...that is breathtaking.
What he said!

Simply gorgeous, dahling!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #228
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
What he said!

What she said!

Incredible, my dear!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #229
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Wow~ Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing! Your tour looks really interesting! That is something we missed out on in PV for sure
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #230
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mismal View Post
thanks for the spa pics...maybe i will change my spa appointment to this vs a couple massge? Looks awesome...your photos make me feel like we are there! One month, 14 days but who is counting?
thanks again for the post!
The rasul is kind of a do-it-yourself massage, if you know what I mean... We did massages on Thursday, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WOW... Those pics are breath taking.

Really think im going to have to get to the gym next time. Sounds like such a cool way to work out.
It is an AMAZING way to work out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay1 View Post
I just can't wait for more pictures. You're doing such a beautiful job with this report. Thank you so much for sharing all this.
Thanks! What a nice compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Oh my gosh! This is a perfect picture of paradise!!! Wow...that is breathtaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
What he said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
What she said!

Incredible, my dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Wow~ Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing! Your tour looks really interesting! That is something we missed out on in PV for sure
I think everyone I saw at Chankanaab was impressed with the beauty of it. It truly was a tropical paradise.

I'll be back soon with our dolphin swim- I've been sick, so too tired to be any good at writing about it-

E
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #231
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I'll be back soon with our dolphin swim- I've been sick, so too tired to be any good at writing about it-

E
Ellen - Well that stinks being sick this time of year! I hope you feel better soon!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #232
TigerKat

Hope you're feeling better soon my friend.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #233
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Healing Hugs to you, Ellen

Have a healthy holiday!
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #234
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Feel Better!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #235
podsnel

Dolphins!

Hi! Thanks for all the get well wishes- I'm feeling much better today! Nothing like sleeping for nearly 24 hours to improve your health, I guess-

Anyway, I believe it was time to talk about the dolphin swim....

So, Boyspapa et al was signed up with us to do the Royal Dolphin Swim- we were brought to a room to watch a short video, then divided into groups (we were together with another couple). They took us over to the platform, we put on vests, and got in the water which was nice and warm- thank God!! I was dreading being in cold water for this like we were in the Bahamas years ago. The Royal Swim is the best experience they offer at Chankanaab, it includes a dance, kisses, a double fin ride and the foot push, along with just hanging in the water with the dolphins. We were standing on a platform, and when we would have to go out a little for a kiss or whatever, DH was helping our boys get out far enough by grabbing their vests and holding them out to the dolphins.

Hi there! (One of Boyspapa's DGS's is smiling with a dolphin in the backround)

DS9

I have no problem with DH kissing another girl, as long as she has fins!

Another of Carl's DGS's-

DS9 is going for a ride-

Donna & I make some new friends-

Hitching a ride-

DH gets a foot push (in the Bahamas, he had a hard time getting up out of the water- this time was much better for him-)

DS11 gets some kisses and a dance-

And then it's time for DH11 to fly-

Followed by me and then DS9-

We were all out of the water more than what these photos show, with DS9 looking like he was running on top of the water! It was hard for him to get started, and they were nice enough to send a trainer out there to help him get on the dolphins- they did not, however, do this for Boyspapa's younger Grandson, so he didn't really get to experience this. The trainer seemed to be more patient with my family than Carl's , which I really don't get. They should have sent a helper in the water for their youngest one, too.Anyway, we all did various amounts of things with the dolphins even though we all tried everything, but I think everyone would agree it was an amazing experience. I know DS9 STILL hasn't stopped talking about it, and I believe it gave both of my boys a lifelong love and respect for these mammals, which means alot to me. Prior to having kids, I was obsessed with dolphins- I used to volunteer at the NY Aquarium as a Docent and talk to people about the Beluga whales there, and I used to volunteer with the Marine Mammal Stranding center here in NJ. They are called to rescue any stranded sea mammals on any NJ coastline, including dolphins, whales and seal lions, and they also help out sea turtles. Anyway, it has always been important to me that my kids have an appreciation for the magnificence of these animals, and this experience, making a HUGE impression on them, succeeded in doing that. When we were done with our swim, they herded us all in a room to watch ourselves on the video that was made- which of course, we all bought along with all the photos they took. No way could I leave them there!!!

Next- hangin in Mexico!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #236
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Love the dolphin pics!!! We are doing a Dolphin Excursion in June- and cannot wait!!!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #237
TigerKat

El - All I can say is WOW! AMAZING!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #238
podsnel

Even more at Chankanaab...

A few more dolphin photos- in this one, you can the platform under the water-

Pucker-up, Boyspapa!

All that swimming made us very hungry, so next on our list of things to do was to eat lunch. The DSs had authentic Mexican chicken nuggets!

DH had a quesadilla-

And I had tacos, which I thought were yummy-

In case you were wondering, there is no alcohol served in the park. Not that we asked.

We wanted to go to the pool, so that's what we headed to next-

After the pool, we wanted to go see what this little cove was all about. We knew we were coming to the end of our time here, so didn't rent the snorkeling equipment. But as soon as we got into the water, I remembered what I had forgotten- watershoes!! I had read on here that the bottom was rocky, and the Dis does not lie!!

Well, DH was not interested in looking for fish anyway. He was interested in seeing the backs of his eyelids. So he plopped in one of these chairs, and according to him, this was the best part of the day!

White chair-GOOD!

The boys were getting restless- they were asking when we were going back to the boat so they could go to their clubs, so we made our way out of the park and back to the port. Bye bye, Chankanaab-

Hello cheesy tourist stuff!

Cont'd in the next post-
Old 12-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #239
Sophie_2003
DIS Veteran

Smile

I love your TR. What an awesome day in Mexico. Did you find Chankanaab crowded (doesn't seem like it in the pics)? Pool looks nice!

Past trips:
Oct. 2011 CS
January-February 2010 4 days POR
March 2009 3 day ASMu
Jan. 2009: 4 day WL and 7-day Magic Western
Nov. 2008: 3-day DLR pre-Carnival cruise (HoJo)
2008 POR May girls only and July; Oct MNSSHP WL
2007 POR October & December (MVMCP)
Disney Cruise trip report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2026924
Sophie_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #240
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I was thinking your DH is so photogenic that he looks like a game show host!
Of all the posts I just caught up on (and believe me, I've been sitting here a LOOOOONG time, neglecting work!) this one had me laughing so hard!!!! Kept thinking you were gonna tell us about your lovely parting gifts or something!

And NO, we didn't make it to WDW this month - wow, I sound like a spoiled brat, don't I? But we totally missed out on all the lights this year. Oh, well, there's always next year.

Your report is wonderful!!! I keep bringing it up to DH and he just rolls his eyes at me. He tells me we need to try this el cheapo Carnival cruise that leaves from here in town, just to make sure we enjoy the whole cruise thing. I'm a little concerned about it though..... Think we're gonna do something on Carnival in the spring to "test the waters" so to speak. I'm afraid that I will feel obligated to hop off in each port and rush rush rush. When we go to Jamaica, we do NOTHING but float in the pool, float in the ocean, oh, and hang by the pool bar. We have yet to see Dunns River Falls, we just do nothing but relax. We never leave the resort. So on a cruise will I feel like I HAVE to disembark in each port? That is the question.

OK, enough about me! On to your report! It's awesome!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: