Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #181
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

DS9 gets the Giggles...

Do you ever get the giggles...over nothing? Happens to us all the time. Happens to DS9 more than most-

Guess tuxedos tickle when you take them off!

The boys were off to see what was up in their clubs, and DH & I went to Diversions where I think Ron Pearson was performing. He was really funny, and we had a great time. I think this was the Golden Mickeys after Party-

It was a truly great night. But I do have a few regrets- like , I wish we would have made it to the Golden Mickeys show, because I bet it would have been spectacular. And was the Dessert buffet tonight? I'm actually not sure when that was, because we never made it to it. Good thing we rebooked! There are just sooooooooo many things going on on the ship, it is impossible to get to everything. We went to bed early that Monday night, because in the morning we had to be up really early to get on the first tender off the ship- we had booked our own excursion with Captain Jon Michael- we were going on the Eco Outrage tour in Grand Cayman, and we needed LOTS of energy for that day!! See you soon!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #182
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Thanks for the update, Ellen! I never saw the wine service at sessions, either! Was it called something special? Your description of the amenities to Kara was so good. I think we are doing NCL for our Hawaiin cruise in 2010, but I keep second guessing - I'm afraid I will wish I was on DCL!
No! It wasn't anything special, I just ordered a glass of sauvignon Blanc- and then she brought out that tray. Really, really awesome.

Thanks for the on my answer to Kara, I was hoping I didn't forget anything. Isn't she in WDW this weekend AGAIN? She really makes me want to move to Florida, lizards and spiders and all, just to be able to go to visit WDW so much!

Hawaii is SPECTACULAR!!!! We went for our honeymoon, and I'm really hoping we'll be able to trade in when the new DVC resort is built there- it opens just in time for our 25th anniversary. My cousins went on that cruise a few years ago and had a blast- you will, too, just spend some time in the specialty restaurants and I bet it will be wonderful. It's not like they're going to be beating you everyday- you're going to be in paradise, for crying out loud!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #183
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

great trip report, looks like you all had a blast

and off topic but, I see you are from scotch plains, my friends lives around there
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #184
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
great trip report, looks like you all had a blast

and off topic but, I see you are from scotch plains, my friends lives around there
Thanks- I wonder if I know your friends? I am very envious of the cruise you're going to take- that is going to be fabulous!! Thanks for reading and saying hello!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #185
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

What does REAS

stand for? I meant to ask you before...every time I read your trip report I long to be back on the ship. We had completely different trips, but very much the same in many respects.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #186
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Oh WOW Ellen, you looked gorgeous and your guys were so handsome. What a truly magical night that must have been.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #187
podsnel

WAKE UP!!!! We're in Grand Cayman in the rain!!!!

On Tuesday morning we knew we needed to get up early because we needed to meet up with our boat captain at 8:30. I wanted to make sure we were on the first tender, because I was afraid if we missed that one, we might get shut-out because of Disney excursions getting priority over us. The night before, we had ordered coffee and fruit loops and bagels to be delivered to the cabin early at 7, so we were downstairs in the theatre by 7:30. There was hardly anyone there! Maybe because the day looked like this-

BLECH! The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man sending back soup in a diner (pardon the obscure Seinfeld reference) and it was a litttle challenging getting into the tender. I remember thinking how is anyone with anykind of mobility problem at all going to get into this baby barge?! Anyway, that was the worst of it, and we headed into port.

We walked around a bit before it was time to meet up with Jon Michael, our Captain on the Eco Outrage tour.

I had booked this particular excursion for several reasons. #1 was we wanted to go out to Stingray City, but we did not want to be stuck there all day in case any of us were freaked out by the sting rays (good thinkin, Mom!) and this tour also mentioned tubing, which I knew my kids would love. We had the boat to ourselves for the whole day, to go wherever we wanted to go. It was perfect. Except for the rain. But we were going to get wet anyway, right? So we get on the boat, and our first stop is going to be Stingray City. It's a bit of a ride on the boat to get there, and we were going about 25 mph- the rain was coming down, and my kids were like, "Is that HAIL??? How fast are we going, anyway?" Really- here we are, in tropical paradise, getting pelted by rain- it just was NOT what anyone would ever plan on or picture for their day in Grand Cayman. So we were all laughing like monkeys- I mean, it was truly so unpleasant and uncomfortable, it was ridiculous!!! The good thing was that JM got us out to StingRay City by 9 am- and there were maybe 2 other boats out there. So we had it (almost) to ourselves. And the rain had stopped pelting us, so that could only be good!

Here, fishy fishy fishy! JM shows us one of his friends-

Well, DS9 almost immediately started to freak out- these rays were all over us, and he was not too happy about it, so DH put him back on the boat where he waited for us to have our fun. I am soooooooooooooo glad we booked this boat! And I am soooo surprised I didn't freak out, too!

That's a big 'un!

DS11 was into it- he thought they were so cool!

Myself, DH & DS11

How I took this photo, I'll never know! Love my new underwater camera!!

After about 20 minutes of feeding the stingrays, we all got back on the boat to head to our next adventure, snorkeling on a coral reef. As it turned out, we were very lucky to have been on Grand Cayman this day- JM told us that StingRay City had been closed the whole last week becuase the water was too rough, and our day was the first tiny bit of blue sky they had seen there in about 2 weeks!

We went out to the coral reef, you could see it from the stingrays, it was where the water seemed to be breaking. I guess the water was about 25 feet deep there, and now it was DS11's turn to freak out. He just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of there being so much water between him and the floor of the sea. So, he went right back on the boat. DS9 really liked this part- we all did. Lots of fishies, pretty coral, big waves sending you a mile away from the boat everytime you looked down...it was one HECK of a workout, let me tell ya! Getting back to that boat, swimming into the current was a bit of a challenge!

JM swam to the bottom and picked up a conch, showing us how to call our friends with it.

We didn't stay here for very long because it was just too rough. Then it began to REALLY rain. JM asked us where we wanted to go for lunch, Rum Point or Kaibo, and we said wherever was the driest- so he took us to Kaibo Beach Club. Where I ordered butternut squash soup and bought a tshirt for warmth. Very tropical! Actually, we had a great lunch, I had freshly caught Wahoo and there was another table next to us doing a similar tour, they were nice to chat with. Kaibo Beach in the rain-

Lunch could not have been timed better, because when it was over, the sun started to break through and we were able to get the boys out for some tubing- which they LOVED!! But you'll have to wait until the next post, because it's dinner time here in freezing frigid NJ...
Old 12-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #188
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OK just got all caught up on your trippie.. cant wait to read more... Seeing your pics of AKL really makes me want to book this for our next pre cruise stay.. wonder how I can work that out LOL.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #189
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
stand for? I meant to ask you before...every time I read your trip report I long to be back on the ship. We had completely different trips, but very much the same in many respects.
REAS is Romantic Escape at Sea. It includes 2 DCL spa robes, a DCL ice bucket, a bottle of champagne, dinner for 2 at Palo with a bottle of wine from the Premium Wine list, unlimited access to the glorious rainforest room, a full room service breakfast with mimosas from Lumiere's one morning and best of all, 105 day out booking of Palo and spa and excursions. And an 8x10 from Shutters. And the beautiful rose petal turndown service. Donna & Carl had it too (boyspapa) and we agreed it was very worth it. I would do it again, I think. Of course, DH thinks all this is just part of the Disney Magic, so I'd HATE for him to be disappointed on our next cruise if it didn't happen! See what a good wife I am...I'm always thinking of him first- What was funny was Carl would keep bringing up how much they were enjoying the REAS whenever we were together, and it would all go right over my Dh's head, because he thought we were talking "DIS" so he would tune it all out, I think. Poor Pods...so cluelessly pampered.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #190
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Excellent update, Ellen! I don't know if I would be more like DS11 or DS9 with those sting rays!! I THINK I would really enjoy it....but I KNOW my DD9 would freak. Sorry it rained on you guys, but it sounds like after-lunch is going to get better.

Great underwater pics, too. I love that underwater camera.

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #191
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Oh WOW Ellen, you looked gorgeous and your guys were so handsome. What a truly magical night that must have been.
Hi Kathy!! It WAS magical. As you know, it's good to be the Queen of the house, but it's even better when everyone dresses their parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OK just got all caught up on your trippie.. cant wait to read more... Seeing your pics of AKL really makes me want to book this for our next pre cruise stay.. wonder how I can work that out LOL.
WOW! That's a lot of reading!! Your boys would love AKL, I bet- hope you can work it out! And thanks for coming over to my TR!

And if anyone hasn't read Drea's TR- get over there!!! She's aLOT of fun!!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #192
podsnel

The sun will come out...tomorrow...

And a little bit today, thank goodness! As I said, after lunch, we were off to do some tubing. DS11 went first-

He was LOVIN it! JM, a father of 3 (older kids than ours) was a great captain. He gave the boys hand signals to use if they wanted to slow down, or speed up or stop- and he was very understanding and encouraging all day long with them, including when they each had their moments of fear. You could tell he was a good dad. Nice guy, glad we got to spend the day with him. Anyway, DS11 had a mellow ride for this first one-

DH & DS9 had fun watching. Mostly DS9 couldn't wait to get out there himself, I think!

So then, it was his turn. All I can say about his rides is- that kid is an ANIMAL!!!

DS9 kept telling JM "faster! Faster!" with all the hand signals, so he got an awesome ride!

Then Jon Michael brought us to a beach known for amazing sea stars (star fish). He threw down the anchor, and we all went into the 3" water while he dove and brought the sea stars to us. They were beautiful and we were all impressed-
this is our boat for the day, the Outrage

Here we are, a happy bunch-

JM said the red ones are common, but it had been a long time since he had seen a yellow star-

More soon...
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #193
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Sounds like an awesome day so far! LOVE the American flag bathing suit on DS!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #194
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Sounds like an awesome day so far! LOVE the American flag bathing suit on DS!
Yea- well, it WAS election day!!! And I can't think of any other way I'd like to spend it...
Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #195
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Excellent update, Ellen! I don't know if I would be more like DS11 or DS9 with those sting rays!! I THINK I would really enjoy it....but I KNOW my DD9 would freak. Sorry it rained on you guys, but it sounds like after-lunch is going to get better.

Great underwater pics, too. I love that underwater camera.
I totally understand, alan- prior to this, the thought of the whole experience just freaked me right out- I've never been a big sting-ray fan. But, I did used to have a great passion for sea life- before kids I used to volunteer at the NY Aquarium as a Docent and with the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ, rescueing different sea mammals and turtles. So, I sucked it up, and honestly, after a few squeemish squeels, it was really kinda cool! Honestly, on my honeymoon 22 1/2 years ago I wouldn't even TOUCH a manta ray that was swimming by a light at night while I was standing on a rock OUT of the water- and now I really regret that. Don't want to ever make the same mistake twice- savvy?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: