Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #106
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
LOL!! I would love to go to DLR. I have always wanted to ride the storybook ride!
I LOVE StoryBook!!! So cool. You can ride in a boat or a circus train.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #107
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

So, I last left you with us getting off of Nemo! By this time, Chad's cell rang and it was............the in-laws....

We went to the front of the park to meet them and we all decided to ride Spaceship Earth.
I liked the way that they updated everything and added the tv on the ride!

By the time we got off, it was time to go to our ADR at San Angel Inn....

I checked in at the podium and the lady gave me a beeper. She said they weren't quite ready to open yet. So, what do you do when you can't sit to eat in Mexico yet.....you shop and take pictures!!

We had been waiting about 10 minutes and I saw that they were seating people who were just walking up to the podium. So, I walked over there to kind of see if maybe they had ressies. NOPE! I saw one lady walk up and be seated immediately. This kind of stuff really ticks me off! Especially if I made my ADR's 180 days out!

So, I walk right next to the podium and sit down on a bench. A guy manager notices this and ask me my last name. I told him and he looked at the podium where the names were and asked me and my party to follow him!
I asked for a table right beside the water and boy did I get it!!

It was so nice and pretty! I just love the atmosphere in San Angel!

Most of my pics turned out too dark! I didn't want to flash everyone in the boats...no not the mardi gras flash, but a bright flash on the camera!

Here are some pics of us at the table...

Our waiter came and took our orders. I ordered the most wonderful margarita I have ever had...well a frozen one anyways! I usually go for on the rocks, but not this time!

It was so good!!! He brought our chips and salsa out and we were ready for our main order! We all got the same thing, Empanadas de Queso Con Chorizo...

Sorry about the bite that was taken out! I forgot to take it at first! It was really good!! I usually go for a chimichanga or nachos at a mexican restaurant, but this was really good! It had cheese and chorizo inside and it was covered in lettuce, cheese, and green tomatillo sauce. Chad hates sour cream so he asked for it not to be on his. Which meant that they didn't put it on any of ours, but thats okay!

We got finished eating and rode the Gran Fiesta tour...

So, guess what that means......

Its time to get my drink on.....DRINK AROUND THE WORLD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #108
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
And I was just thinking I would love to drink around the world with a cool chick like you. I think I changed my mind!
lol! Oh come on, we would have an awesome time!!!!
I just love to play pranks on them. Its so easy because they fall for it every time!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #109
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I LOVE StoryBook!!! So cool. You can ride in a boat or a circus train.
Awww, that would be so cool!! I would have to do the boat!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #110
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
lol! Oh come on, we would have an awesome time!!!!
I just love to play pranks on them. Its so easy because they fall for it every time!!!
Well, since you are a margarita on the rocks girl too

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #111
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Well, since you are a margarita on the rocks girl too

Oh I am!! We have our favorite mexican place down the road called La Parrilla...they have the best 32 ounce blue margaritas!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #112
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I love your spaceship earth picture!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #113
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I love your spaceship earth picture!
I tend to make funny faces!!!!! lol!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #114
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

OMG I LOVE the pic of you and Chad from Spaceship Earth! That's the best one I've seen yet. I hope I can get a good picture of our monitor. San Angel is on my August list! (And the frozen margarita) I like 'em both ways...doesn't matter either way to me!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #115
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

I love your TR so far. I'm a Georgia girl too! We're in Macon. I've got to try that lapu lapu. I just never end up at the Poly for dinner. We always go to Ohana for breakfast but that's it. I'm with you about soarin. I love love love it. I only rode it once back in June but it definitely didn't disappoint. You're brave taking the MIL. Mine is so mean. There is no way I could put up with her snide remarks for a few days straight. Add in SIL and I'd explode. LOL I can't wait to read more!! BTW, I love your eye makeup. You're so pretty!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #116
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

YUM!
We're big fans of San Angel Inn. The service isn't always great, but the food and margaritas are.

Can't wait for more!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #117
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
I love your TR so far. I'm a Georgia girl too! We're in Macon. I just never end up at the Poly for dinner. We always go to Ohana for breakfast but that's it. I'm with you about soarin. I love love love it. I only rode it once back in June but it definitely didn't disappoint.

Macon caught my eye. Being an Air Force brat, we did two assignments at Robins AFB. Warner Robins was little bitty, and Macon was the big city. This was a long time ago, though - late 60's and then again in early 70's.

I hope you get to ride Soarin' many more times. It never gets old - it is awesome every time!

Heather, nice Mexico pictures. I love to walk around that pavilion and look at all the carved animals, vases, etc. It's really themed well.

The Spaceship Earth face works nicely in the diving picture!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #118
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Spaceship Earth photos..

The food looks yummy!!!! Oh, and the drinks...

Nice update

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!

Last edited by GeminiAngel; 11-21-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #119
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

So I guess you liked the food at San Angel Inn? I always read such bad reviews. I really want to book it just because it's so pretty in there. that frozen Magarita looks yummy. Love the Spaceship Earth picture.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #120
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Oh loving this update, and great pictures . The food looks really good. Mexican is definitely my favorite, I just love it. Unfortunately we don't have any particularly nice Mexican's round here, although I have tried to find one. That margarita looks soooo good, is it anything like the ones they sell outside at the margarita stand . And oh those 32oz margarita's sound sooooo good. I will have to come and visit you next time we are in Ga just for one of those.

And about the Storybook boat at DLR, it sounds just like the one at Disneyland Paris, and they have a Dumbo circus train. From what I can tell it seems like DLP is quite like DLR, I wonder why they didn't put these in WDW too

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: