Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #76
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Is there a menu for drinks posted anywhere? All I could find is food.

oops nevermind found some right here.

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #77
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I laughed at the back scratcher sticking out of your dh's drink! I'm not sure I could drink something with that in it!

I'm excited to hear how things go with the in laws. I'm taking my mil in feb....

Do you think the luau is worth the $? I've been thinking of doing it.
He loved that drink!!!! He likes Jack Daniels, so it was a go for him! Whenever anything is in my drink, I have to take whatever it is out!!!

Well...we have done the luau about 6 times. This was our first time going to it after the change in the show. I really like the food and the atmosphere. So, I would say at least go one time to see if you like it or not. I personally think its worth it and so does Chad. Its a little expensive and its as close to Hawaii as Chad will go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I never knew you were such a bath girl. Did you go to Basin and get some products?

So glad you didn't get rained out. That would have been awful. You guys all look like you are enjoying the many cocktails. Even MIL. Everyone raves about the Lapu Lapu, I must try it. I am a true fan of the tropics and the fact its in a pineapple...too perfect. I bet it tastes fabulous!! On my last trip I almost got the Back Scratcher. We got called to dinner just as I was going to order it.

Are you sad to be back at work?

Yes!! I do take showers every other day so I can wash my hair, but as soon as I wash my hair, I immediately turn the shower off and turn on the bath!! I am constantly looking over the curtain afraid I am about to get whacked!! I didn't get to go to Basin..
You have to, have to, have to try the lapu lapu! it was so good!!!

I am hating it being back at work! I was actually off today because it was Hollie's Thanksgiving Brunch at school......and we went!! Whoo hooo! I wrote the correct day on my calendar!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #78
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Yes!! I am really excited about our February trip. Hollie loves Disney!!!! She will finally meet her fav this time....Ariel!!

I just went and joined it!!!
Hollie's a girl after my own heart. Ariel is my favorite too and I have still yet to meet her. Can't wait to see pics of Hollie meeting her

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I laughed too at Chad's BIG backscratcher sticking out of his drink! He's lucky he didn't pierce his head with that bad boy.
Maybe you should offer DMIL some martini's often. (not that I'm encouraging drinking) maybe there is just something like it that's less harmful I'm just sayin...
Looks like you guys had a great time at the luau(?) Can't spell that word even though I lived there for 3 years, dangit.
I'm with you on the texture thing. I have a hard time even eating yogurt. I get half way through and I'm ready to gag. BLAH!
We still have that thing! We had to put it in our luggage!
Hmmm, I might start doing that. Or crushing up some prozac and putting it in her food.....
No way, you lived in Hawaii?? I am jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Is there a menu for drinks posted anywhere? All I could find is food.

oops nevermind found some right here.
Lol!! I have found several menus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Hollie's a girl after my own heart. Ariel is my favorite too and I have still yet to meet her. Can't wait to see pics of Hollie meeting her
Awww, she loves Ariel!! We got our pic with her in 2000, but that was the last time. I am really anxious to see her again!

Hollie said that when she see's her, she is going to ask her where is Melody??
Old 11-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #80
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Awww, she loves Ariel!! We got our pic with her in 2000, but that was the last time. I am really anxious to see her again!

Hollie said that when she see's her, she is going to ask her where is Melody??
I cant wait to hear what she says to that

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 11-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #81
hlrababy

Okay, so last I left you all...

We were leaving the luau! Oh yes, those lovely drinks we all had....

So, we got back in the car. We go back to AllSMo and walked up to our rooms. But....I had other plans! As we stopped by there room..I walked in there to make myself comfortable. Okay, I will be honest. I had other intentions. While they were putting purses down and taking off shoes, Chad was talking to them. I ever so sweetly walked over to their phone. Picked it up and acted like I was just looking at it.....and did a wake up call for them for...................

4 AM ha ha ha

We got back to our room and I of course did our own wakeup call for around 6:45 am. It was off to dreamland.........

6:45 came and I heard and
I immediately jumped up and got in the tub...yes a bath!
After I got out, I woke up Chad so he could get ready. While he was taking his shower, I put on my makeup and fixed my hair.
Chad called his mom and Jim decided he was going to finish up the job from the day before. So, Elaine said they would meet us around 9:45 or 10:00 am at Epcot. With a big smile on my face, I grab Chad and off we went to the bus stop.
No sooner than we walked up to it, I saw a bus sitting there! How cool was that!!!!
We got on and got to the park around 8:30 am. We were let in the park around 8:50 and headed towards innoventions. We waited for rope drop to start.

As soon as rope drop happened, I hauled some major bootah to Soarin...thanks to the dis I knew we needed to get there early. We got there and got in line. Of course, we went a little slow because Chad walks slower than he used to (from his bad back of course) but I chugged it along!!! I patiently (yeah right, who am I kidding!!) waited on him to finally catch up. Once he did, we got in line.
Once it was our turn to go, we walked up and the lady said, "Row A" HOT DOG WE ARE IN THE FRONT!!!!
Let me just say this, I was so excited about this ride and could not wait. It did not disappoint!!!! I can still smell the sweet smells from that ride. I had tears in my eyes! It was just amazing!!!!! I can't even put it into words how that ride was. When we flew over the ocean, the ocean sprayish smell that you can smell? I have a perfume made by Demeter that is called Hawaiian Surf that smells just like it. A mix of a ocean mist, fresh smelling, with a hint of salt! I am not lying! It smells wonderful! The orange groves....OH MY GOSH!!! I could go on and on about this ride. The end.......when it showed Disneyland and then tinkerbell...I immediately got teary eyed and goosebumps on my arms!! Once we got off, we got fast passes for later!
A big ole thumbs up!

We then rode the land and this is one of my favorite things in it!

I love to see the Cinderella pumpkins!!

We then headed for this...

This was really cute!! We had not been able to ride through this ride in a long time!

We rode Ellen's and Test Track after Nemo...

by that time, da da duuuuuuuuuuu, the in-laws called to say they were finally there. So, we went and rode Spaceship Earth since we hadn't ridden it yet.

It was getting close to our ADR at San Angel Inn....
Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #82
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Oh I love San Angel Inn

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
Old 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #83
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you were able to do something alone. I love Soarin and it's the first place we head to to get fast passes. I'm so glad you liked it. I didn't realize that you've never been on that ride.

I lived in Hawaii from 1984-87 while my dad was stationed there in the Air Force. I was just a young pup then and left when I turned 16. My parents go back every year. I understand your love for all things tropical.

Me DH, DD20, DS18, DD12 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #84
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

You got the right date for Hollie's brunch.

Okay, I'm a only teasing! Luv you girl!

Too bad you missed going to Basin, I've heard good things about the place.

Isn't Soarin' the BEST !!! I was blown away by it. I felt goosebumps too when I saw Tinkerbel and the castle. Disney perfection.

Very sweet pic of you and Chad infront of Nemo and gang. I'm glad to see the Mickey tees, you didn't dissapoint.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #85
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Woo Hoo! A morning without the in laws!!! I love the pic of Chad in the shark! And the one of you both is really good. Now get to the drinking part!!!! (Kidding)
Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #86
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Sounds like a great day so far!!! I get teary on Soarin', too!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #87
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good morning!! How did the in-laws like the 4 am wakeup call? LOL! thats too funny!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #88
hlrababy

Quote:
Oh I love San Angel Inn
I do too!! I especially love that fiest margarita!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I'm so glad you were able to do something alone. I love Soarin and it's the first place we head to to get fast passes. I'm so glad you liked it. I didn't realize that you've never been on that ride.

I lived in Hawaii from 1984-87 while my dad was stationed there in the Air Force. I was just a young pup then and left when I turned 16. My parents go back every year. I understand your love for all things tropical.
I was so glad too!! Soarin is by far my fav at Epcot now!!!!!! I was so excited to ride it!!!!

No way!! I love all things Island and tropical!! I want to go to Hawaii so bad! I always wanted to go see Don Ho, but now I can't!
My grandmother and great-grandmother went in 1982 and when my great-grandmother passed away, they gave me her picture album from her trip. She saved money from when she was in her 20's to be able to go. She was in her 60's when she made the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
You got the right date for Hollie's brunch.

Okay, I'm a only teasing! Luv you girl!

Too bad you missed going to Basin, I've heard good things about the place.

Isn't Soarin' the BEST !!! I was blown away by it. I felt goosebumps too when I saw Tinkerbel and the castle. Disney perfection.

Very sweet pic of you and Chad infront of Nemo and gang. I'm glad to see the Mickey tees, you didn't dissapoint.
Girl!! I was so happy to be there!! One of her classmates mom was like, "You made it!!" I did take pictures so I will have to share them with you!!

I really wish I went to Basin. I might try that in February.

OH MY GOSH!! I love Soarin!!!!!!!!!!! It is now my fav at Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Woo Hoo! A morning without the in laws!!! I love the pic of Chad in the shark! And the one of you both is really good. Now get to the drinking part!!!! (Kidding)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Sounds like a great day so far!!! I get teary on Soarin', too!!!
Oh, that morning was so nice!!!! It gets even better!!!!!!
I was too timid to get mine in Bruce's mouth. I don't know even though its fake, what if it was electronic and someone closed his head on me! I would pass out!!!
The drinking is next.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sounds like a good morning!! How did the in-laws like the 4 am wakeup call? LOL! thats too funny!
Oh it was!!!!!
I laughed and laughed about the wakeup call. They said, "Do they always call you in the mornings and wake you up? Some lady was talking and then I heard this jabbering!!"
Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #89
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
I do too!! I especially love that fiest margarita!!!
I do too, they are so yummy

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #90
hlrababy

Quote:
I do too, they are so yummy
I fell in love with them!! The mango and strawberry were m absolute favorites!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: