Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #61
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

lapu lapu question, is the top something that yo ucan take off the drink, and eat some of hte pinapple when you are done, or is there no pinapple to eat.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #62
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Oh Heather I am so glad I found your report

You may not remember me but I joined your PTR like years ago (well it wasn't actually years but it feels like it), but I was a very bad girl and lost track. You see up till recently I didn't quite get the whole subscription thing and I kind of lost track of quite a few threads I was following. Put it down to being blonde .
Anyway I am home alone tonight and thought I would check out the trip report page and found this... I'm so glad. I loved your PTR when I was following it, I remember some funny conversations including one about Holly wanting you to have a baby and call it Hannah Montana . And how we though Holly and my little sister Hannah, who has an equally funny sense of humor, would get along great. Oh and I have just noticed you come from Georgia, that is so cool. My family and I visited Pigeon Forge for my Mum's 50th in the summer and we flew in to and out of Atlanta. We spent 3 nights there and absolutely loved it. In fact we loved the south, everyone was just so warm and friendly, we all quite fancied moving there

Since I lost track of your PTR I would love to know what happened to your October trip, and how this trip came about. Its great you and Chad were able to have an adults vacation together and that Holly didn't mind, I hope I am able to still do that when I have babies .

Ok back to your report, I am loving it so far. Its so great that you are just able to drive down to Disney, it makes life so much easier. I would love to be able to do that, and think of all the souvenirs I could buy without worrying about suitcase space and luggage restrictions . And I totally understand about your intuition of knowing the way. I don't really know Orlando that well (and have never driven there), but the first time we went and stayed in ASMo we used to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, and particularly liked a specific one we went to twice (there are millions as you probably know). Fast forward 18 months and were staying in POR yet I was able to navigate us back to the same Ponderosa. Everyone else was shocked but when it comes to Disney or food I just have this ability .
Its great to hear about someone staying in ASMo, we stayed there the first time and loved it. Its just got such a great atmosphere there. And Holly must love, I know Sophie did .

Ok now to the main event, and your definitely a girl after my own heart. Those Lapu lupa's are good aren't they? And I just love the Tambu lounge, its so tropical. We are lucky enough to call it our local for 7 nights on our next visit... that means lots of those lovely cocktails
I'm glad you got to see the Polynesian show, its great isn't it? I could have put your mind to rest about the weather situation though, we went throug that too. We were there in hurricane season and on my 21st we had Discovery Cove and the luau planned. Luckily all day the weather was great but for the last 30 minutes at DC it got greyer and greyer until by the time we were in the car heading to the Poly it was absolutely tipping down. I mean torrential rain, thunder, lightening the lot. We were so worried the show would be cancelled but luckily it went on, rain and all. The only difference was that they kept the dancing back on the stage rather than coming forward to the ground bit.

Anyway I think I have babbled on enough now. I should have warned you to get a cup of tea and some biscuits ready before you started reading. But I am here for the ride now and can't wait to hear more

Oh and BTW I love your vest top, its really nice. You look lovely in the pics.
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #63
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

I'm so jealous of all your yummy drinks!!! I can't wait to try me some Lapu!! We have a lunch ADR at Kona on 1/4, I'll definitely be ordering one up!! That lady on the TV totally looks lie she'strying to snag some of your Lapu!!! Too funny!!
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #64
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I didn't care for that volcano dessert either. Don't hate me...I mean this in the sweetest way possible ~ I now know how Hollie will look when she becomes and older lady. My goodness....Chad looks so much like his mama and well, Hollie is Chads twin so she will have Granny's face one day. Even if she's a meanie sometime she is a pretty woman so this is totally a compliment to little Hollie. All three of them have the same eyes and big smile.

Now onto the drink. That thing looks delish! How much is it? I'm on a tight budget in December but man oh man that looks good! I LOVE me some pineapple and liquor too....win WIN! What is in it? And yes the TV chick looks like she's about to grab it from you.

I'll email you our "plans" for around the World at Epcot. This is not an appropiate place to post them.
It was so squishy!!!!
Well, his mom used to be prettier. She has had so much, ahem, work done...if you catch my drift!! lol!!!!

That thing was sooooooo good!! It was $12.95. I love pineapple so it was a hit with me! I forgot to ask for a spoon to eat the pineapple out of it. So, I used my straw!!

Oooooh, email me your plans please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Mmmmm, I totally want a Lapu Lapu right now! It looks DELISH!

Girl, it was sooooo good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Yup, we didn't get into the volcano desert either.
I believe I orded another Pina Colada instead.
That is what I should have done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Hopping aboard! Great fun so far.

And I love me some lapu lapu but one of those practically puts me on the FLOOR! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Thank you!! I could have drank about 3 more, but I was feeling a little loopy, especially after the tropical macaw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Your pictures are great! MIL looks very happy in her pics, must be the martini's. The treats from Goofy's look yummy as does that Lapu Lapu from Poly.
Thanks!! Oh, she was happy alright!! Martini's make her a nice person!!
Those treats were soo good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
on them being 7 rooms away. I'm sure you love your inlaws but still too much togetherness is sometimes not a good thing. Hey even I didn't want to stay at the same resort as my brother and his kids last year. Glad to hear ASMo is fun. I might have to keep it in mind for a quick trip for Thomas's Bday this year or next. What is up with photobucket! my pictures are not even in order and I'm having to scroll through 600 pictures to find the right ones for each update .
It was so nice being that far away!!! I can stand them for a little bit, but after that.......

Photobucket is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
lapu lapus rule!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to get mine in 21 days!

i'm a texture-based eater too, so i probably wouldn't like that dessert. i don't eat beans because they feel like mushy, wet sand in my mouth. everyone thinks i'm crazy but textures just make or break it for me.
Awww, lucky!!!!! That thing was so good. I forgot to ask for a spoon, so I used my straw. That poor thing was all bent up!!

Yeah, I am texture based and can't eat a lot of things because of that! Blech!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Oh that looks so yummy.
I was going to say that lady in the TV looks like a ghost!
Oh it sure was!!!!! She did!!! I didn't even notice her till later when we were looking at the pics!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #65
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
lapu lapu question, is the top something that yo ucan take off the drink, and eat some of hte pinapple when you are done, or is there no pinapple to eat.
Yes, you can take the top off and you should ask for a spoon. I forgot so I had to use my straw since the place got so busy. My poor straw was so bent.....
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #66
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Oh Heather I am so glad I found your report

You may not remember me but I joined your PTR like years ago (well it wasn't actually years but it feels like it), but I was a very bad girl and lost track. You see up till recently I didn't quite get the whole subscription thing and I kind of lost track of quite a few threads I was following. Put it down to being blonde .
Anyway I am home alone tonight and thought I would check out the trip report page and found this... I'm so glad. I loved your PTR when I was following it, I remember some funny conversations including one about Holly wanting you to have a baby and call it Hannah Montana . And how we though Holly and my little sister Hannah, who has an equally funny sense of humor, would get along great. Oh and I have just noticed you come from Georgia, that is so cool. My family and I visited Pigeon Forge for my Mum's 50th in the summer and we flew in to and out of Atlanta. We spent 3 nights there and absolutely loved it. In fact we loved the south, everyone was just so warm and friendly, we all quite fancied moving there

Since I lost track of your PTR I would love to know what happened to your October trip, and how this trip came about. Its great you and Chad were able to have an adults vacation together and that Holly didn't mind, I hope I am able to still do that when I have babies .

Ok back to your report, I am loving it so far. Its so great that you are just able to drive down to Disney, it makes life so much easier. I would love to be able to do that, and think of all the souvenirs I could buy without worrying about suitcase space and luggage restrictions . And I totally understand about your intuition of knowing the way. I don't really know Orlando that well (and have never driven there), but the first time we went and stayed in ASMo we used to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, and particularly liked a specific one we went to twice (there are millions as you probably know). Fast forward 18 months and were staying in POR yet I was able to navigate us back to the same Ponderosa. Everyone else was shocked but when it comes to Disney or food I just have this ability .
Its great to hear about someone staying in ASMo, we stayed there the first time and loved it. Its just got such a great atmosphere there. And Holly must love, I know Sophie did .

Ok now to the main event, and your definitely a girl after my own heart. Those Lapu lupa's are good aren't they? And I just love the Tambu lounge, its so tropical. We are lucky enough to call it our local for 7 nights on our next visit... that means lots of those lovely cocktails
I'm glad you got to see the Polynesian show, its great isn't it? I could have put your mind to rest about the weather situation though, we went throug that too. We were there in hurricane season and on my 21st we had Discovery Cove and the luau planned. Luckily all day the weather was great but for the last 30 minutes at DC it got greyer and greyer until by the time we were in the car heading to the Poly it was absolutely tipping down. I mean torrential rain, thunder, lightening the lot. We were so worried the show would be cancelled but luckily it went on, rain and all. The only difference was that they kept the dancing back on the stage rather than coming forward to the ground bit.

Anyway I think I have babbled on enough now. I should have warned you to get a cup of tea and some biscuits ready before you started reading. But I am here for the ride now and can't wait to hear more

Oh and BTW I love your vest top, its really nice. You look lovely in the pics.

Hey girl!!! I am so glad your back!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all your kind comments!
I was so glad it finally quit raining!! I was so scared they were going to cancel the luau. I love the polynesian resort! I stayed there in 94 and it was so beautiful! It is my fav out of all the resorts since I love all things Islandy....I made up a word!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #67
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm so jealous of all your yummy drinks!!! I can't wait to try me some Lapu!! We have a lunch ADR at Kona on 1/4, I'll definitely be ordering one up!! That lady on the TV totally looks lie she'strying to snag some of your Lapu!!! Too funny!!
Just wait till you see all my other drinks..

It really did look like she was trying to steal it!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #68
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey girl!!! I am so glad your back!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all your kind comments!
I was so glad it finally quit raining!! I was so scared they were going to cancel the luau. I love the polynesian resort! I stayed there in 94 and it was so beautiful! It is my fav out of all the resorts since I love all things Islandy....I made up a word!!
Its beautiful isn't it. We have booked to stay there for 7 nights on our next trip. I cannot wait, I am so, so excited
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #69
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Oh Heather I am so glad I found your report


Since I lost track of your PTR I would love to know what happened to your October trip, and how this trip came about. Its great you and Chad were able to have an adults vacation together and that Holly didn't mind, I hope I am able to still do that when I have babies .
This trip was originally before our October trip. Well, his mom decided she only wanted us to go without Hollie. So, Chad and I planned the October trip and we were going to take my mom with us.
Well, she couldn't get off of work since she is retiring next year. So, we rescheduled the October trip until February. Whew....that was a mouthfull!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #70
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Its beautiful isn't it. We have booked to stay there for 7 nights on our next trip. I cannot wait, I am so, so excited
Awww, lucky!!! I want to go and stay there for our 10 year anniversary maybe in the next couple of years. I just love anything to do with the islands. That place is gorgeous!!!!!
You will have to do a TR so I can look at all your beautiful pics!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #71
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
This trip was originally before our October trip. Well, his mom decided she only wanted us to go without Hollie. So, Chad and I planned the October trip and we were going to take my mom with us.
Well, she couldn't get off of work since she is retiring next year. So, we rescheduled the October trip until February. Whew....that was a mouthfull!!
Ah got you. So when this trippie has finished I will have your February one to look forward too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Awww, lucky!!! I want to go and stay there for our 10 year anniversary maybe in the next couple of years. I just love anything to do with the islands. That place is gorgeous!!!!!
You will have to do a TR so I can look at all your beautiful pics!!
I have already started a PTR, I couldn't wait I was just too excited
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #72
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.
 
winkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: where am I and what am I doing in this basket??
Posts: 9,061

I laughed at the back scratcher sticking out of your dh's drink! I'm not sure I could drink something with that in it!

I'm excited to hear how things go with the in laws. I'm taking my mil in feb....

Do you think the luau is worth the $? I've been thinking of doing it.
winkers is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #73
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Ah got you. So when this trippie has finished I will have your February one to look forward too



I have already started a PTR, I couldn't wait I was just too excited
Yes!! I am really excited about our February trip. Hollie loves Disney!!!! She will finally meet her fav this time....Ariel!!

I just went and joined it!!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #74
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I never knew you were such a bath girl. Did you go to Basin and get some products?

So glad you didn't get rained out. That would have been awful. You guys all look like you are enjoying the many cocktails. Even MIL. Everyone raves about the Lapu Lapu, I must try it. I am a true fan of the tropics and the fact its in a pineapple...too perfect. I bet it tastes fabulous!! On my last trip I almost got the Back Scratcher. We got called to dinner just as I was going to order it.

Are you sad to be back at work?
CanadianWDWfan is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #75
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,918

I laughed too at Chad's BIG backscratcher sticking out of his drink! He's lucky he didn't pierce his head with that bad boy.
Maybe you should offer DMIL some martini's often. (not that I'm encouraging drinking) maybe there is just something like it that's less harmful I'm just sayin...
Looks like you guys had a great time at the luau(?) Can't spell that word even though I lived there for 3 years, dangit.
I'm with you on the texture thing. I have a hard time even eating yogurt. I get half way through and I'm ready to gag. BLAH!
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.