Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #31
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Heather and welcome back. S oglad you started your trippie already. How did I not know Hollie was staying at your parents house . Maybe I was thinking of the October trip you canceled. Looking forward to more .
Hey girl!!! Yeah, it was a bummer with Hollie staying at home. But, she had a great time with my parents. We are going back in February to take Hollie though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Hi Heather!! Jumping in! Can't wait to read more!
Hey and

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
I cant wait! A Lapu lapu is on my top ten, check out my pre trip report
Oh, you have to try it!! It was so good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitcharoo View Post
Hello! I am lovng your trip report so far and I cant wait for the pictures! Its funny that you mentioned waffle house because its sort of a tradition for our family to stop there to eat every time we go to disney world!
Thanks!! Waffle house is usually our tradition on the way to Panama City Beach, but for the past 3 times we have been to Orlando, we have sorta ended up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! Heather!
Hope you had a great trip! I can't wait to see pics especailly that Lapu lapu it sounds good already! I think ill have to get one in August!
You have to try one!! It was really good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Great start, Heather!!! Glad you made it back safe and sound...can't wait for more!

By the way.....LOVE the title!
Thanks!!! The title just came out of nowhere while we were in the Tambe Lounge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I know I must try one. I know it comes in a pineapple.
But what is in a Lapu Lapu? Just want to make sure, where exactly can I order one at the Poly?
You have too!! It has:

myers rum
bacardi 151 rum
tropical fruit juice
sour mix

You can get one in O'hana restaurant or in the Tambu Lounge where we got ours!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #32
bentleygirl22
disney queen

hey girl i'm here ! great report so far !! can't wait to read more !!
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #33
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Very cool. I can get it in Ohana.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #34
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, so my pics are still uploading. Gotta love a slow computer!!

But, I am going to add some pics anyway along with my report!

I decided I will tell you guys when I give a thumbs up for certain things...

Or a thumbs down......

Here is the full moon that we saw while driving down the interstate

It was really pretty!!!

Here is a picture of us while Chad was driving......I really should let him pay attention to the road!

Notice by this time, I pulled out my makeup and put it on!

So, we stopped and ate breakfast at waffle house around 6:30ish. I am not a breakfast eater, but I do love me some hash browns

It was a very uneventful ride down. The only thing was I was in the middle of telling Chad something and we missed our exit off of the toll road. We usually get off at the I-4 exit because we like to get on international drive. Well, we were getting close to it and I looked at Chad and said, "What are you doing? I said it because he was right on the tail of a truck and went right past our exit!!! But, lucky for him I pretty much know my way around Orlando. I can smell Disney from miles away! So, we got off at the next exit and I told him to go towards Kissimmee. Can you believe he actually looked at me and said, "Are you sure?" Does a pig roll in its own poo and mud? Does a horse have big teeth? Does a cow moo? OF COURSE I AM SURE YOU DODO HEAD!!! I mean, come on!! Give your girl some credit!
Anyways, we started towards Kissimmee when HE wanted to go towards Orlando. I told him it would take us the other direction if we went that way.
Well my friends..........guess who was correct............

ME exactly like I thought I was!

So, we came under this very soon.....

By the time we got to the hotel to check in it was around 10:45 am. Chad pulled up to the front with the in-laws behind us. So, me and MIL went inside to check-in while Chad got our luggage tagged and ready. I was inside checking in. My MIL went right up there with me. They asked us if we wanted rooms right beside each other. We had asked for a kingsize bed room. The nice CM told me that they had a room with a kingsize bed, but the room beside it only had double beds. MIL said they would take it and we could have the kingsize bed. Which was fine! We like to play jokes on them when we are at hotels anyways....like calling and hanging up. You know the "is your refrigerator running??" .......ha ha
So, we all go park by our rooms. We were in Fantasia building 8! Whooo hoooo!! Right beside the nice pool!

We walk into our room and I was really excited with the big bed! Until............
DA DA DUUUUUUUUUUU

I walked in the bathroom!! It was a handicapped roll-in shower!!!
No way, no how!! We had the same thing on our honeymoon and I dealt with it, but I also said I wouldn't do that again!!!
So, Chad called down to the main lobby and they moved us to another room. Of course, it had double beds but thats okay!

This is what greeted us once we walked in...

Last edited by hlrababy; 11-17-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #35
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
hey girl i'm here ! great report so far !! can't wait to read more !!
Yea!!! Your here!!! I will have lots more once my pics upload!

Quote:
Very cool. I can get it in Ohana.

Yes!! I also tried more drinks and they were all yummo!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #36
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Too bad about the King bed. That's okay though. Your at Disney World!!!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #37
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I can totally see you navigating Chad around the Orlando area. What's up w/ the handicapped bathroom? You think they're all like that? I can see how you wouldn't find those very romantic. Come on Photobucket!!!! I want to read more!!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 AM   #38
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Glad you got there with no problem! Doesn't your DH know the women is always right?!!?

It's to bad you had to change rooms but at least you the cutie mickey head towel!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #39
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
You can get one in O'hana restaurant or in the Tambu Lounge where we got ours!
They serve them at Kona Cafe too!

Great start, can't wait for more

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #40
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i think all of there king size bed rooms have handicap bathrooms, that is what they told us anyway.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #41
hlrababy

Quote:
Too bad about the King bed. That's okay though. Your at Disney World!!!
Oh, my day got better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I can totally see you navigating Chad around the Orlando area. What's up w/ the handicapped bathroom? You think they're all like that? I can see how you wouldn't find those very romantic. Come on Photobucket!!!! I want to read more!!!!

Oh I was!! It was so funny!! Of course, he said a couple of things I can't post on here!!
I was told they weren't all like that, but its funny because the 2 that we have had were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Glad you got there with no problem! Doesn't your DH know the women is always right?!!?

It's to bad you had to change rooms but at least you the cutie mickey head towel!
Of course he knows, he just tries to prove me wrong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
They serve them at Kona Cafe too!

Great start, can't wait for more
Oh yum!! Well, those things are so good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i think all of there king size bed rooms have handicap bathrooms, that is what they told us anyway.
Thats good to know! I wish they would have told me because I made a note of it in our reservations to NOT get one of those bathrooms!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #42
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

on arriving nice and early to Disney! The dreaded handicap bathroom , at least you were able to switch rooms. So are the inlaws still right next door ? How did you like ASMo? I think my kids would think it's a fun place just from seeing the pics. Waiting for more . Photobucket is a darn PITA.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #43
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
on arriving nice and early to Disney! The dreaded handicap bathroom , at least you were able to switch rooms. So are the inlaws still right next door ? How did you like ASMo? I think my kids would think it's a fun place just from seeing the pics. Waiting for more . Photobucket is a darn PITA.
I know, I was so glad to get a tub!!!! I of course, I always spray it down with lysol first, but still!
Actually....they ended up 7 rooms from us!
We love ASMo! It is really cool!! We stayed there on our honeymoon and then we stayed there with Hollie last year. We just love it!!

Photobucket is driving me crazy!!! Its finally uploading the last of the pictures right now!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #44
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MeMom;28760921]I don't know. Maybe that was an excuse to be able to buy a bunch of Disney unmentionables? Do you now have a drawer full of Tink and Winnie-the-Pooh underbritches????

Actually I do. Shh...

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 11-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #45
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I think I am going to like this TR! Great so far and not sure that I'd want to be RIGHT next door to my in-laws.
Good job navigating. I'm not so good in that department. DH says that if we were on the Amazing Race, he would have to drive AND read the map. Good luck with that one honey.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: