Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
meatball77
Mouseketeer

It's Warm! Doing disney to get out of the Mi Cold 1/25/09-2/1/09

Note: I'm tired and don't feel like uploading pictures to multiple sites. So if you would like to see pictures go here. http://sarasvacationblog.blogspot.com/

The players

Me (Meatball), hot husband and mini-meatball (4).

We left our house in Detroit yesterday.

Last week school was closed because it was too cold for the kids to walk to the bus. Tuesday I was walking out of target and thought, wow it's a nice day today and the temperature was 24, the knee high snow hasn't started melting because it hasn't gotten over freezing.

We drove from our house in a northern Detroit suburb to the embassy suites near the airport. They have a park and stay deal which fit with our early flight.

We woke up this morning and the first thing out of mini-meatballs mouth was Yay!

We headed to the airport this morning (Sunday). All of us were upgraded to first class because of my husbands frequent flier status which was a blessing because we were stuck on the plane for an hour and a half while they fixed a couple things that were wrong with it. Mini-meatball looked funny sitting in first class eating her bagel and drinking apple juice.

When we arrived we headed right to to downtown disney today. We talked to the people at guest services about our ticket problem and they refunded us the purchase price for our original tickets and then reissued us the military tickets. Saved us over $400!

Mini-meatball started her pin trading and is having fun with it.

We then ate lunch at the T-rex cafe

The dinosaur tried to eat us. Luckily we are ok

We arrived around 1:00pm and had no wait at all. The place is fantastic. Food is no different than what you'd see at the rainforest cafe, but the dinosaurs are so much cooler than a rainforest.

Hot husband and I split a prehistoric panini sandwich and mini-meatball got the shrimpkins. It was easily enough food for all of us. The waiter brought us two extra plates before our sandwich came without being asked and the sandwich came pre-sliced.

Then we went to Goofys Candy company and got a marshmallow covered in everything.

We went shopping. Mini-meatball liked playing with the Mr. Potato Heads

And of course we had to try on lots of hats

We got to the timeshare we're staying at (through AFVC, wyndham cypress palms) and it is awesome. One bedroom with a nice sized living area, niced sized kitchen and dining area, a jacuzi tub, screened in balcony. Not as big as the one we were in last time (and hot husband is lamenting our lack of a second bedroom) but much nicer.

Hot husband is off to WallMart to get breakfast items, water and snacks. We'll go to dinner afterwords. I'd tell you all about it, but I'm sure you don't care what we ate at chilis (or wherever else off property we go).

Tomorrow the plan is the Magic Kingdom early, lunch at the castle and then we head to Epcot (or the studios) for the afternoon.

http://curlytailsandtights.blogspot.com/

Trip to DisneyWorld 1/25

http://sarasvacationblog.blogspot.com/

Last edited by meatball77; 01-26-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
jwwi
DIS Veteran

fun, a live TR
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
DisTwix
DIS Veteran

Fantastic! I can't wait to hear about crowd level and weather... we will be there in a week!

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." -- Mae West

"I only hope we don't lose sight of one thing - it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' " -- Charlie Brown.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
meatball77
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom Monday
Today we got up early and headed to the magic kingdom.

We arrived early and were ready for the rope drop. Katelyn got some mickey confetti and the rope drop guard gave her a balloon sword (which surprisingly stayed unpopped in Steve's backpack all day long)

Photobucket

Once they dropped the rope we headed off for dumbo! We got right on dumbo with no wait and Katelyn loved it. She had full control of the large eared elephant (a pink one of course) and had him high in the air most of the time.

Photobucket

After Dumbo we were able to walk right onto pooh and peter pan with no wait also. She loved both of these rides.

Then I suggested that we go get the fastpass for Thunder Mountain Railroad and then wait for toontown to open up. Steve wanted to go on It's a Small World at this point because he saw that there was no ride. I wanted nothing to do with the Small world so I volunteered to go get the fastpasses while he rode Small World with Katelyn. It was reported that it was a fantastic ride. I'll take their word for it.

We then waited for toontown to open so we could see the Fairies! The wait was about 40 minutes (which is reportedly fantastic) and the fairies were very exciting. Katelyn is a big fan of the books (and the movie also) so seeing the fairies was a big treat for her.

Photobucket
Iridessa

Photobucket
Tink

Photobucket

Silvermist

Next we did the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor which was a funny interactive show and then got fastpasses to buzz lightyear.

After that we walked to the other side of the park (picked up some ears for Katelyn on the way) and went on the Thunder Mountain Railroad. Katelyn (and her mother) found this ride to be too scary. Katelyn didn't freak out, but she certainly didn't want to go on any other scary rides like that.

On the way back to Tommorow Land we ran into Rafiki

Photobucket

We did buzzlight year next (Steve got sixty thousand more points than I did) and then Steve and Katelyn did the teacups.

Photobucket

We then walked through Mickey's house. We tried to go say hi to Mickey but the line wasn't moving so we left. Lunch at the castle was coming up!

Cinderella was at the castle to meet everyone for lunch.

Photobucket

Lunch was tasty. I got the sandwich

Photobucket

Steve got Major Domos Pie
Photobucket

and Katelyn got the hot dog
Photobucket

For dessert Katelyn and Steve got the sorbet

Photobucket

And I had the chocolate buckle cake

Photobucket

There were lots of princesses at the castle.

Photobucket

Belle

Photobucket
Snow White

Photobucket
Princess Aurora

Photobucket
and Jasmine

After lunch we headed off to Epcot for the afternoon as The Magic Kingdom was getting crowded

See pictures here http://sarasvacationblog.blogspot.com/

http://curlytailsandtights.blogspot.com/

Trip to DisneyWorld 1/25

http://sarasvacationblog.blogspot.com/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: